What do you think of finnish people?

  • Thread starter Thread starter RSCosworth
  • 30 comments
  • 1,383 views
Messages
1,209
The subject says it all. Give me some finnish stereotypes. :lol:
 
Um, they... kick ass at rallying?
I don't know that much about Finns or the culture there, but they're okay in my book.
 
They carry knives, wear clogs and are constantly drunk.

Oh yes, and they are all pale, fat and ugly.

Cosworth, what swedish stereotypes do you have?
 
Swedish people wear those shoes with the pointy end at the front, made out of wood. Sorry I can't remember their name.

I don't have any Swedish stereotypes obviously.
 
Some excellent architects have come from Finland. Saarinen was the designer of the St' Louis arch.

The Finnish embassy in Washington DC is an excellent example of modern architecture.

AO
 
Im just wondering how the hell Mika Hakkinen became a F1 driver in the land of rally.
 
I hear about lots of depressed Finns.
 
Finnish artists were responsible for perfecting the techniques behind oil painting in the Early Rennaissance
Check Jan Van Eyck - some beautiful works and they give you an odd feeling when you look at them because the amount of detail is just stunning.
 
Originally posted by GTJugend
They carry knives, wear clogs and are constantly drunk.

Oh yes, and they are all pale, fat and ugly.

Cosworth, what swedish stereotypes do you have?

Swedish people are big, blond, and stupid. And the only first names there are, are Kajsa and Björn. Swedish people cannot swear good, and they talk like snobs.

👍
 
Take the population of a country and divide that number by the number of F1 and WRC titles won by drivers from that country.

Finland comes out top.
(Scotland is 2nd!!)

How's that for useless trivia? :D
 
Originally posted by daan
Take the population of a country and divide that number by the number of F1 and WRC titles won by drivers from that country.

Finland comes out top.
(Scotland is 2nd!!)

How's that for useless trivia? :D

Good for you, but as you said, Finland is on the top :p
 
I've been told I'm part Finnish. I dunno. I just want to know what the heck they have to be suicidal about.
 
Hey, is Tommi Makinen (sp?) finnish?
 
Originally posted by Takumi Fujiwara
Hey, is Tommi Makinen (sp?) finnish?
Yes, he's retired. :lol:

And he is Finnish.

[off topic]
Guy on phone to radio phone in about Scotland's next goalkeeper.
Caller: Antti Niemi should get a game for Scotland
Radio guy: But Antti Niemi is Finnish
Caller: No he's no, he's only 28.
Radio guy: :rolleyes:
[/off topic]
 
I hope not all Finnish are like Kimi Raikkonen. He has as much personality as a mop. And it sounds like his voice is breaking.

But he is a future world champ.
 
No, not all Finnis are like Räikkönen. He really sounds and acts like he would be half asleep.
 
:lol:

PS: sorry for the lack of <for lack of better word> things above the 'a' and 'o'.
 
apparently the Finnish actually have anger classes...not on how to manage it but on how to get MORE angry....they are the most laid back nation in the world.....just heard that on the radio....Finlandia Vodka is rather nice....and i used to have a Finlandia TV....is this the same company??.
 
Finnish don´t have anger classes :D. I don´t know about Finlandia TV, never hear of it.
 
Well, one particular Finn wrote a really great operating system.

Linux was written Linus Torvolds, a really smart Finn.
 
I think the Finnish harbored Lenin before the Russian Revolution. Maybe.

Kuala Lumpur is the worst place in the world to ask for directions.
 
Has anyone heard of the Finnish band Mokoma?

edit: does anyone know any other finnish bands?
 
I've heard of Night Wish (sp?), I think it's a Finnish band.
 
Back