What do you think of GTP6?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Darin
  • 46 comments
  • 1,362 views

So, what are your thoughts on GTP6?

  • Pretty damn cool.

    Votes: 28 56.0%
  • Meh... Its okay.

    Votes: 12 24.0%
  • It works with me.

    Votes: 4 8.0%
  • GTP5 was alot better.

    Votes: 6 12.0%

  • Total voters
    50

Darin

(Banned)
Messages
5,718
What are your thoughts on the new GTP6?
 
Do'h I think I voted GTP5 as better.:( I think it looks great!
 
GTP6 is still a little new and unfamiliar. But once you get used to it, I bet that it'll rock.
 
I like the new skin, but I am dissapointed about the 20KB avatar limit, none of my spinnies will fit.... :( I will be stuck with my 'lil Miata for a while if I want to keep a spinnie.
 
It's quite good. Just I can't post on the map for some reason :(
 
Pretty good. Seems to have a lot of features that will streamline things a little more.
 
It's dang good f00!

I like the pretty colours and the fonts. I think once all the bugs are ironed out, no one will regret the switch.
 
It looks good, but it's a little slow to load, even with cable.
 
meh its ok for now... its still slow cuz its new but i think jordan is gonna get it fixed.
 
I like the new design , but it's a little bit slower then before.
I voted for Pretty damn cool.
 
I was going to say 'Meh... Its okay.', but Ohmigod it took long to load the reply page.

EDIT: Oops I forgot, Jordan is still working on it.
 
It's pretty damn cool. Just have to be patient while Jordan works out the performance issues with vB 3.0.1. Gotta cut the brotha some slack. ;)
 
It will just take sometime getting use to, the load times I am sure are going to speed up. . . I am going to see what this "Go Advanced" button does now before my job interview. . . Whoa it is the same, yet it is different. . . It is a serperate entity from GTP5 preview. . . whoa
 
I liked the way GTP5 looked over GTP6, but I guess I'll get used to it.
 
Not as much as a change as i thought it would be but its pretty good.
And you cant upload attatchments anymore?
 
Very slick... I especially like the sign in box in the upper right hand corner - very convenient. Excellent job in all.
 
It's...different. I'll probably like it more after I get used to it.
 
Originally Posted by Bahbo:

Not as much as a change as i thought it would be but its pretty good.
And you cant upload attatchments anymore?
At present. Jordan is working on it.
 
I prefered the wider boxes for posts, and the smaller font in the thread lists, but I'll get used to it. The "Quick Reply" box is better. I haven't explored it all yet though. Good work Jordan!
 
I like the accents, like the pixel-shadows, although they're a little heavy. I like the way the table data cells are separated better than GTP5, but don't like having everything so centered and narrow. A lot of the buttons and tiny icons look nicer now. The ads are only mildly annoying, and I think Jordan may take those down once I buy enough GTP thongs.

I think that, overall, GTP5 with some of the subtler tweaks of GTP6 would have looked better than the entirely new layout. Even so, the new version of GTPlanet is awesome in its own right - and, apparently, backendedly superior. And that's good.

I'll say it again.
Good work, you the man.
 
It loads slower than **** with me, but once it's loaded it works well enough. I vote "Meh ...". Hopefully once these things get into my cache, it'll be smoother.
 
It's pretty good - like Ryan said it's really slow.
 
Its pretty good, but as said before, it take a long time to load for me, and I have cable internet. Well the load time will get better, so its all cool.
 
Its not bad, Ill like it when I get used to it, I cant handle this slowness even for cable. Better go to another side untill this speeds up
 
Well I think Jordan really deserves some credit and thanks for the amount of work he has put into this new version!! Looks great Im sure we'll all get used to it!!!
 
Too dang slow.

Fix that and I'm all over it, nice design and lots of nice futures.
 
Meh, it's better, but I don't like everything being centred and stff. It's a bit slow with 56k but it should get quicker when my cache builds up.
 
Back