What do you want out of GT6?

  • Thread starter Thread starter MeechShrykull
  • 373 comments
  • 30,406 views
Live weather channel feed (for real-life courses)?
 
An open expanse of pavement, very long for drag racing/top speed, and very wide for general testing (turning, drifting, etc.)
 
Well, as it looks like GT6 comming out for the PS4, I hope for the following features:

- full 1920x1080 support (without the upscaling pixels we have currently)
- head tracking support for the GT mode
- a better lighting system (especially for night races)
- fixed smoke/dust
- at least 200+ more premium cars
- more tracks (especially real world tracks)
- a class based racing option (f.e. SuperGT, DTM, compact cars, F1,... only)


And if they have enough time maybe C-Spec where you can drive around like in GTA, leave your car, walk around like in PS Home.

Some dirty street racing with traffic would be funny. :dopey:👍
 
Complex String.

Special Stage Route 11.

A time trial (GT3 style) for every car on every track.

GT3-difficulty events.

The ability to tune cars to extreme horsepower (but can't be used online, to avoid an X2010 situation).

A huge concrete square 10 miles by 10 miles (size can be made smaller by the user), with placeable objects (optional) so the user can create situations to mess around in.
 
There should be a feedback forum in the future so we all can vote what features we want out of GT6.
 
Sorry, it's my re-post but it's updated a little.

In the dealership menu:
-I'm sure alot of us go to manufactures sites like the audi, bmw, chevrolet etc. We have the options to build new cars on these websites. When we buy cars, this should be like in GT6:

-Having the ability to pick interior colors for your car.
-Having the ability to pick fabric types options such as leather etc from your manufactures.
-Manufacture aerodynamics and not from "GTAuto".
-Having the ability to pick different rims from these manufactures.
(Only from car manufactures just like from manufactures websites we see).

Now the menu's:

-Bigger world map just like GT4 but bigger so you can get lost.
-Different events and more events for your cars like Nascar Events, SuperGT, Stock Car challenges (exotics, SUVs, convertibles etc), F1A, all of these events should be separate and should not fall into one category with "events".
-It would be awesome to see SUV's races in the events also.
-Have a local station for gas in your car (showing that you have more responsibility for your car).
-I want racing challenges. My dream for GT6 is that I would like to see the Stig challenges.
-Stunt driving missions such as for example: some of us seen some of the leaked footage for GT5 in 2009 which showed us two car's racing against an airplane (That's what it looks like).
-Having the ability to buy custom garages showing our cars similar to test drive unlimited.
-An Event creator and share them online.
-Drag races.
-Many and longer realistic Rally events.
-FIA.
-Free roam.
-More real world tracks especially for all of these racing type licenses.

Customization:

-Having the ability to customize every part of your exterior of your car from real tuning shops (parts, kits, showing ride heights , headlights, under car lights also included).
-Having the ability to customize interior for your cars such as custom seatbelts, steering wheels, placing gauges, custom colors, lights etc.
-Nos.
-Livery editor.
-Engine swaps.
-Having roll bar cages in your stock cars.
-Character customization similar to Tourist Trophy. (This feature already been implemented with 1.10 update. It would be awesome to wear jeans with leather jackets also).
All of these can probably replace the racing modifications upgrades.
-Brakes upgrade.

Licenses:

-Having an instructor on the passenger side talking to you while you take your license test.
-How to avoid crashes.
-More cone practices.
-Rally Licenses, FIA, Stock Cars, SuperGT, Kart etc shouldn't be in the same category.
-There should be a big range of licenses to choose from ^^.

A.I:

-More real car accidents.
-A.I. drivers making bad decisions.

Gameplay:

-More animations such as the driver using the emergency brakes, touching parts of your car like low beams and high beams animations.
-Better engine sounds without the cars getting compressed sounding like vacuum cleaners (some cars like Lexus Isf, Mercedes sl55, nissan GTR from GT5 sounds like real life. Not all sounds like vacuum cleaners. Just most of them).
-All your cars showing the milage, gas fuels consumption and oil consumption not just some like nissan 370z for example.
-Cars turning dirty.
-Have the same real time deformation damage modeling that we've seen from here: www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajtw356Ct3I but add broken glass, removable bumpers, scratches etc(it sucks this feature got taken out).
-When crashing with stock cars have the airbags pop out and let there be a game over at 30mph or higher with damages of course.
-No more standard cars in races (just use those as a bonus feature).

-Day/Night transition on all maps.
-Weather on all maps.
-When rains on certain tracks that have deep curves, add puddles for your tires to lose it's grip.
-With the nissan GTR's computer prototype have the ability to change to different screens in the options menu.

Replays:

-Ability to use the rewind, fast forward option.
-Have all of the camera options from GT4.
-Ability to customize your interior view for replays.
-Add still cameras as an option instead of camera's moving during replays.

-Photomode:
Have the ability to take pictures from interior view with your cars also.

All of these may not be in GT6 but this is what my vision of the future of the gran turismo series should be like (in my opinion).

Edit: sorry for the long list
 
arsenal123gunne
An open expanse of pavement, very long for drag racing/top speed, and very wide for general testing (turning, drifting, etc.)

Kinda like an open tgtt or bonneville salt flats
 
This is something I'd probably go into greater detail online. But really... further evolution of the GT franchise. Try some new things. Do the old stuff better. GT5 was really a game I considered a change in philosophy on the car front. That's just the bare essentials to what I'd like to see for GT6. Most of what I'd like to see mostly pertains to racing and some different aspects of cars and tuning.

I'm known for detailed posts, but that's just a quick take on what I'd like to see for GT6.
 
The AI is too perfect. The AI simply don't crash or go off the track enough. I would lke to see an increase in the likelyness of AI oversteering out for you to take (or further) your lead.
 
Oh this is going to be a long list lol:

- pretty standard to want more cars, more premium (less or no standard), less duplication of models (3 or 4 mx5 is enough). What I would really like to see is a cockpit view for all cars!

- More tracks is always good. The return of a few GT oldies (Apricot hill, Seattle etc) would be nice, but more real world tracks would be better. Spa is a must IMO (and judging from what I've read on GTP as well as other sites, is in very high demand...good chance we will see this, perhaps even in a patch). Some of the non-Tilke designed F1 tracks would be sick (Tilke sucks IMO...should stick to designing hotels and grandstands, leave actual track design to someone else lol...although both turkey and china gp tracks are growing on me). Catalunya, hungaroring (sp?), Malaysia, and brazil would be great :) Test track needs to make a triumphant return! Even though it ain't my thing, 1/4 and 1 mile drag tracks...how they did not include one is beyond me. Could be programmed by a 6 year old and take up less disc space than any one of the seemingly hundreds of yaris or mx5 variants.

- more in depth tuning / modifying. GT5 seems to have got very 'easy mode' in this aspect, probably to attract a wider audience. I remember first picking up the original GT and being overwhelmed by the tuning - would be nice to get that feeling again. As previous posters have stated, I would like the ability to take any stock road car, mod the crap out of it, and race it 'on the weekends'. More in depth control and options concerning engine internals, more control over engine aspiration options, engine swaps (some thought would be required for this. Probably easier to program in only 'real world' swaps, such as putting an rb20 in an s15 for example. I would think a little more than engine/engine bay dimensions would play a roll in unlimited swaps, and would need to be accounted for to keep things realistic), drivetrain swaps etc etc, it's all been said before lol.

- more visual customization! Whether people like it or not, this game (along with almost every other video game out there) is going to become more online oriented, which is going to make visual customization more desired. Paint system needs to be overhauled, tokens or whatever the are called need to go. I do somewhat like the idea of unlocking rare colours along the way (or perhaps trick finishes like pearl and chameleon), but all colours in gloss, matte, and metallic should be available from the start, or have a custom colour creator. Preview before painting is a must! Even though some hate it, full control of vinyls and stickers as well. If I put brembo brakes or an hks turbo on my car, I want to be able to put the respective sticker on too.

- vehicle specific visual mods. Only example I can think of at the moment is say I have a Sti Sooby, I want to be able to chose between the fog lights or sti covers...stuff like that. On the subject of lights, upgrades here would be welcome, as I always feel I'm blind as a bat driving at night in gt5, even with tv settings adjusted.

- Full control over all wheel/tire dimensions (sidewall thickness, stretch, rim size, offset, dish, etc etc), all of which have large effects on performance...tire pressure too, can't believe GT missed that one and Forza didn't. More control over painting rims would be nice too, as well as calipers.

- I would like to see far more aero upgrades, at least to the level of Forza, but preferably more to the level of Import Tuner Challenge for X360. Would be nice to see real world body kits and aero parts (and for the record, I despise rice, I'm talking only about functional aero parts that increase downforce, reduce drag, reduce weight, and increase cooling). Fender flares and wheel arches are always welcome lol.

- More cars with RM option, and perhaps tied into this, widebody kits.

- more inclusion of tuners, both full cars and parts. I like how spoon, amuse, hks etc all have models in the game...let's see more!! Top Secret, Jun, Tech Art, Alpina, Brabus, Koinegg...little rusty on the usdm tuners, but I know theyre out there, more the merrier! GT seems to have licenses to use the names of dozens and dozens if not hundreds of tuning companies (used mainly for track decoration/sponsorship, as well as some vehicle sponsorship), how about we actually get to use all the stuff these companies make (I want to put pink Sti suspension components on my sooby lol, not just 'suspension mod lvl 3').

- IMHO, forget about NASCAR, carting, and F1. Focus more on perfecting production vehicles and GT race cars (rally cars I can tolerate, and tbh, Tarmac rallying is one of my favorite things to do in game). I have nothing against these other forms of motorsport (except NASCAR, can't stand that garbage), but I think they're better off left to their own releases. No one in the gaming industry has yet to correctly model the open suspension of an F1 car (reason why suspension is hidden behind winglets in cockpit view, and why the cockpit view looks distorted)...codemasters got close with their latest f1 installment, but still need work. And tbh, id rather not see a single penny of the $60 Im going to pay for gt6 go towards that greedy sloth bernie ecclestone, cause you know he'd make kaz give up his left *** to get the licensing. Every second person on this board seems to complain about NASCAR handling, and for good reason...it sucks in GT5. No I dont think it should be easy (show me what's easy about driving a 3000kg, 800hp car at 200mph and I'll show you what makes NASCAR entertaining to watch), but it should be somewhat realistic, and PD failed to make it that way. The drafting is a joke, bump drafting even more so...the garbage AI doesn't help either I suppose. My point is I get what people mean when they say 'don't cut stuff, only add', but I would rather see PD focus their time, effort, and disc space on perfecting GT road racing, and leave these other forms of motorsport alone (you wouldn't want your next madden game to start including FIFA mini games in it just because they are both forms of football would you?)

-More intuitive and user friendly menus!!! The main GT mode menu, although it looks great, gives me fits sometimes when I'm navigating and the cursor decides to go random directions, same with the tuning menu. Would be nice to see units beside all tuning specs where applicable. Would also be wonderful to be able to switch between imperial and metric without having to exit to the main menu (or just get rid of imperial all together lol). The track selection menu online is for the birds...everyone was high the day that got programmed. Others have already proposed solutions, most of which were already in previous GT games.

- better AI, goes without saying

- if all the improvements concerning upgrading (performance and visual) get implemented, an online dealership to sell/buy/trade cars (including set-ups) would be great.

- a real track creator, not a broken randomizer
 
More or all cars converted to Premium

More content for the Top Gear Test Track (Presenters, Stig, Reasonably Priced Cars (Suzuki Liana, Chevrolet Lacetti and Kia Cee'd), authentic camera angles on laps, standing starts, open full runway up and optional cones setting for track.

All tracks from every Gran Turismo game. Add a lot of new real world tracks like Spa, Silverstone, Imola, Hockenheim, Goodwood track and Hill climb and Bonneville Salt Plains.

Remove NASCAR (at least from the UK and other countries that are not big on NASCAR)
 
Last edited:
Complex String.

Special Stage Route 11.

A time trial (GT3 style) for every car on every track.

GT3-difficulty events.

The ability to tune cars to extreme horsepower (but can't be used online, to avoid an X2010 situation).

A huge concrete square 10 miles by 10 miles (size can be made smaller by the user), with placeable objects (optional) so the user can create situations to mess around in.

All what I want.

Referring to the tuning, well basically I just want it more realistic. Old GT's you could make 1000hp Skylines and Supras, just like real life. They nerfed them for GT5. This goes for so many more cars as well.
 
Back