What Do You Want?

  • Thread starter Thread starter parker_125
  • 63 comments
  • 4,218 views
Messages
283
Messages
GTP_ParkerMO125
Hey all, Ive been thinking alot lately about how "GT Mode" will be, in terms of aftermath after mechanical damages and what not... Would you prefer it to just be something that effects you during the race, or something you have to deal with afterwards like paying credits to repair the damage?? I personally hope they take it to that further level of simulation

Parker
 
There is a thread about it. But either way, I want to deal with it after the race, and only fix the parts I want.
 
There is a thread about it. But either way, I want to deal with it after the race, and only fix the parts I want.

This. Persistent damage is vital. Otherwise damage is pointless to me except in endurance races.
 
I like the idea of paying for repairs and whatnot. I doubt it's gonna happen though.
 
In FM3 I like that you pay for all the damages, but you still win so much money, that you do not care how much you damage the car (of course not to have it underivable)
In GT5, we need a Repair Garage shope to fix the car, and only pay for the parts you want to.. and make it very expensive. You break the engine, I want to buy a new engine because some parts can not be repaired.. Of course, make an EASY mode for the casual players where fixing a car is super cheap. But I want a hardcore mode or real mode so that I will have to watch my car and not getting it killed all the time.
 
In FM3 I like that you pay for all the damages, but you still win so much money, that you do not care how much you damage the car (of course not to have it underivable)

The biggest complaint about FM3 is how little money you make compared to what things cost in the game.
 
The biggest complaint about FM3 is how little money you make compared to what things cost in the game.

Well, I always heard the game throws cars at you like they were bananas or something. Maybe you should sell them? Anyway, maybe he's talking about single player and you're talking about online.
 
Well, I always heard the game throws cars at you like they were bananas or something. Maybe you should sell them? Anyway, maybe he's talking about single player and you're talking about online.

The game throw you a free car every time you LEVEL UP :yuck:, but those car are only worth 100CR each. I myself thinks the prize money is pretty fair, it's just that if you want the collector cars like Ferrari 250 GTO, it does take foreverrrrrrrrrrr.
 
Well, I always heard the game throws cars at you like they were bananas or something. Maybe you should sell them? Anyway, maybe he's talking about single player and you're talking about online.

I never took the game online. Yes you get a free car you level up. No you can't sell them. You can easily beat the game without ever spending any money on a car. It's just not a very fun way to do it. It really is a grind as the game goes on, to make money. I think there are 6 different seasons, season 6 schedule repeats after year 6. I stopped playing half way through season 5.
 
That's what happens to repeat threads.
 
In GT5, we need a Repair Garage shope to fix the car, and only pay for the parts you want to.. and make it very expensive. You break the engine, I want to buy a new engine because some parts can not be repaired.. Of course, make an EASY mode for the casual players where fixing a car is super cheap. But I want a hardcore mode or real mode so that I will have to watch my car and not getting it killed all the time.

But my problem with that is, you'd need a rebuild/fully build engine in the shop (for converting your road car into a race car) so that if you have a normal road car, the amount of damage costs shouldn't get over the price of the actual car, or I might as well just go and buy a new car. But if my $50k road car has a $100k race engine, I'm going to want to rebuild the engine, rather than scrap the whole car.
 
I proposed having damage we had to go through the trouble to repair by choice way back in 2005 I believe, when we began dreaming of GT5. I thought it would be hilarious to have a totaled car in my garage as a trophy to my heavy handed racing, or a glorious accident in an epic race. I still want this.
 
A definitive release date, and...

gwB.jpg
 
I proposed having damage we had to go through the trouble to repair by choice way back in 2005 I believe, when we began dreaming of GT5. I thought it would be hilarious to have a totaled car in my garage as a trophy to my heavy handed racing, or a glorious accident in an epic race. I still want this.

HAHAHAHAHAHAH :lol:

Please, stop visiting www.wreckedexotics.com for a while....;)

I love that site too , nothing is worse to a brand new supercar than a sheer combination of reckless driving, lack of talent and a fat banking account. :D

I want the damaged cars to stay damaged after the race too if you don't repair them, although I would like to have options like "a) Let me select what parts I want to fix" and "b) Fix all, I don't have time to waste in this motorized piece of crap".
 
If we indeed get some sort of 3D hangar/garage like the one in that demo whereby you could have several of those to house the 1000+ cars available it would be great to have one section full of written off, totalled cars and cars needing TLC waiting for restoration/repairs or even use them for parts.;)
 
I wouldn't mind seeing fatigue of each of the whole cars if possible.Plus energy, endurance, fatigue, hydration levels ( not likely but concentration ) etc of the drivers of them that stay in the very hot tempretures.This sort of thing can be done now, what with them Madden games & all that.
 
Persistent damage and fixing parts you want of course.👍
I remember NFS Porsche Unleashed(released 10 years ago!) had it that way and it was always a struggle(in a fun way), to decide how much money goes to fixing vs upgrading the car. If it was too knackered(lowered performance-not competitive any more), you'd take another car and go race to earn more money and so on...consequences can be fun/challenging!;)
 
i want their to be more consequences to what you modify!
yes sir, or course you can put a stage 4 turbocharger on that 80s skyline, here are the keys!
*BOOM*
oh man, was that your transmission flying in all directions?

also, +1 for garage of war trophies
 
+1 on the hangar full of cars.
I really want, no I really need more save slots for car setups. Not just A,B,C.
And the ability to change a cars color (for a certain amount of credits, maybe 2000 or so)
And seeing not only the cars current PP but also stock PP in the garage
 
A release date and some new footage, that's all i want.
 
I think it would be hard for the system to keep track of which cars are crashed and how badly they are crashed, plus it would take a lot if memory
 
Also In the damage I want there to be unexpected failures. Eg blowouts, in racing cars engine failures, hydralics. If you were racing a road car then these should be few and far between. However in racecars they should be quite often like in real racing.
 
Also In the damage I want there to be unexpected failures. Eg blowouts, in racing cars engine failures, hydralics. If you were racing a road car then these should be few and far between. However in racecars they should be quite often like in real racing.
As long as it's optional, you can have at it! Personally, I don't want things like engine failure ruining 20 minutes+ of racing, or a blowout on the last lap causing me to finish worse than I would have done otherwise. Basically, I want any failings to be down to me and the way I drive, not some random event.
 
I know only one or two engines, that can be modified to your own specific needs/specification e.g. one XJS HE v12 block can be bored out from 5.3 litres to 13.2 litres & is still safe (used in twin prop private planes).The other i'm guessing is the Viper engine, though v10 motors are rare or none exsistant in aircraft.So i'd want to buy a strong enough g'box, diffs, p'shaft, half shafts, brake components, tyres, t/c equipment, ecu & tuning device, cold air intakes, turbos & superchargers + intercoolers, oil coolers, carb swaps/upgrades, suspension parts & entire electrical system.Also failsafe fluids etc, that won't allow radiators to blow & won't allow g'box, diffs & the engine to overheat.Some older cars as we know are more prone/ susceptible to mechanical breakdowns plus brake, electrical & suspension failures ( 3.0ltr Triumph Stag has a crap stock engine ).
 
I know only one or two engines, that can be modified to your own specific needs/specification e.g. one XJS HE v12 block can be bored out from 5.3 litres to 13.2 litres & is still safe (used in twin prop private planes).The other i'm guessing is the Viper engine, though v10 motors are rare or none exsistant in aircraft.So i'd want to buy a strong enough g'box, diffs, p'shaft, half shafts, brake components, tyres, t/c equipment, ecu & tuning device, cold air intakes, turbos & superchargers + intercoolers, oil coolers, carb swaps/upgrades & suspension parts.Also failsafe fluids etc, that won't allow radiators to blow & won't allow g'box, diffs & the engine to overheat.Some older cars as we know are more prone/ susceptible to mechanical breakdowns plus brake, electrical & suspension failures ( 3.0ltr Triumph Stag has a crap stock engine ).
Wow, you don't want much do you?! I'm just happy to pick a stock car and drive it!
 
Me too TokyoD, would be nice to do this though.
 
Me too TokyoD, would be nice to do this though.
Yeah, it would mate. I'm not one for tweaking around too much, but if you can't do it in GT, where else can you on PS3 (in such style anyway!)?
 
Back