What Do You Want?

  • Thread starter Thread starter parker_125
  • 63 comments
  • 4,217 views
As long as it's optional, you can have at it! Personally, I don't want things like engine failure ruining 20 minutes+ of racing, or a blowout on the last lap causing me to finish worse than I would have done otherwise. Basically, I want any failings to be down to me and the way I drive, not some random event.

Of course we wouldn't want something that might make it realistic to ruin the fun!

I can see how some might want it to be optional, but I have felt that the one thing that has always been missing from GT and other racing games was the aspect of unpredictability, whether it be in the car itself, the weather, the AI, etc.

I would like it if it was far more difficult to win, but the rewards were higher across the board. I mean, who has done a race, and wiped out on lap 2, gotten behind and thought, well I will just quit and restart? Now how often does that happen in real life? Just call the race manager and tell him you don't feel like doing the race anymore if you might only get 4th or 5th. In most games, it makes sense because the payoff for a 5th place finish might be 500 Cr. If you got 5th place in a professional even in real life, I assure you that you would earn more than $500.

I think this is where sponsorships would be cool. The last FIFA game I got into was 2006. The way sponsorships worked in that game was pretty cool, in my opinion. You would sign on to a sponsorship deal, and would make a certain amount of money provided you finished in the top half of the league, but if you won any championships or other things like that, you would get a big bonus.

The addition of seasons might be necessary for this type of thing to work, which apparently FM3 has, but I haven't played that yet, so I don't know how it works. What I want is for there to be infinite 'seasons' instead of repeats (which seems to be what Forza does), where the game will take the basic format of a season, and populate it with races on tracks with opponents that are appropriate for the amount of skill you have shown thus far in the game.

For example, season 1: You start out in your old beat up silvia, win some events but lose some others, and overall demonstrate that you are a pretty decent driver. At the end of the season, you get invited to join the such and such class, where the stakes are higher, competition tougher, cars faster, races longer, etc. Maybe you don't rise to the top as easily in this league, so you have to stay at that level for another season (but race different races with different opponents). At the end of that season, you have really proven yourself, so you get invited up to another class again. This processes until you get to F1 or something. There could also be multiple invites on the table at once, for example, you get invited to be in WRC and NASCAR at the same time, but you decide to focus on WRC. Once you finish that, the NASCAR offer is still available.

This plan would require varying levels of AI difficulty, which I think would be nice to make the game more consistently fun. When you start out, and theoretically aren't very good, the AI isn't that good either (but still human like in terms of 'Aha! there is another car! I will drive AROUND it). Then when you get really good, you must compete with AI that is really good.

It would also be nice to be able to go back and compete in other leagues that you have already passed, for old time's sake. I think there should also be limitations on what cars could compete in each class, to keep things more realistic. Damage would of course be persistent, and occasionally unpredictable. Also, I would want the AI to reflect these things too. I don't want to have to compete with AI that is perpetually driving cars straight off the showroom floor without a ding, and I would want my hoped for unpredicted mechanical failures to happen to the AI as well.

THAT is what I want.

[steps off soap box]
 
PS2s Enthusia, is one of a few that we can to an extent do that ( but not in much style ).^^^ I agree with above.
 
Last edited:
Agreed that some kind of career progression where you are rewarded with sponsorship, invites to race for better teams in different classes etc. would be very cool. I'd just want varying options in relation to damage, failures etc. so that you can have it as a bit of fun (which is what most people want) or a serious sim (which fewer people want).
 
I would also want AI to be more agressive. In real racing (touring car, karting) you get punted off sometimes and then that can cause you to crash. Also even a relitivaly light hit can break your car, however it depends where it hits you. I want unpredicability.
 
I'm pretty sure this type of thread has been made, but first and foremost....I want Gran Turismo 5.


That's it.
 
hangar with 3D cars ???

How can we have a hangar with full of GT5 cars, same with half GT5 cars, it's impossible in 3D, imagine 400 000 polygones X 500 cars = 200 000 000 polygones only for cars, lol.
On pictures is ok but not really utility.

Or maybe in box for 3, 4 or 5 cars inside only.
 
hangar with 3D cars ???

How can we have a hangar with full of GT5 cars, same with half GT5 cars, it's impossible in 3D, imagine 400 000 polygones X 500 cars = 200 000 000 polygones only for cars, lol.
On pictures is ok but not really utility.

Or maybe in box for 3, 4 or 5 cars inside only.

What are you talking about man, think it through first.💡
You can have 16 cars+track+AI+physics+sound+controls+on-line etc. in 60fps.
It's probably not that much of a problem to squeeze at least double that number in a simple looking hangar where the focus is on cars and the ps3 doesn't need to do those other performance sucking elements I cited.
So it isn't very far-fetched to think up a huge hangar divided into "rooms" which would hold, say 32 cars to ogle and play around with...;)
 
Yeah 32 cars by close rooms into hangar looks ok.
But have lot of cars (100 cars) in same time on look in 3D looks really hard and think have all GT5 collection cars in same area i think it's impossible in 3D.
 
well if they were gonna do that, then Id also expect the game to have actual interior dealerships like in TDU :)
 
well if they were gonna do that, then Id also expect the game to have actual interior dealerships like in TDU :)

I'm guessing there will be something along those lines, ie. one room with all the cars of the chosen manufacturer, so you can get a better atmosphere of that car maker and also jump from car to car in a more modern and organic way than the old school one car at a time deal...
 
hangar with 3D cars ???

How can we have a hangar with full of GT5 cars, same with half GT5 cars, it's impossible in 3D, imagine 400 000 polygones X 500 cars = 200 000 000 polygones only for cars, lol.
On pictures is ok but not really utility.

Or maybe in box for 3, 4 or 5 cars inside only.

I've mentioned this before in another thread, if the hangar/garage is as big as in the demo you could house about a 100 cars tightly stacked together.
If the game hosts about a 1000 cars and you'll be able to buy, say, 1500 different ones ( colour/spec ) you'll need about 15 of these hangars.
Think of them as sections, whereby you could choose which cars are put together ( Italian supercars/ racecars/ same colour cars, etc.).
All speculative ofcourse but i think it would be nice.;)
 
I'm guessing there will be something along those lines, ie. one room with all the cars of the chosen manufacturer, so you can get a better atmosphere of that car maker and also jump from car to car in a more modern and organic way than the old school one car at a time deal...

Yes please! I'd like to be able to select a few for side-by-side comparison - that would make my job so much easier. I'd like a garage view, but I didn't like the navigation in PGR3, for example - it needs to be useful, not just eyecandy.

Persistent damage would be brilliant as an option. Random failures, also as an option. "Kamikaze" AI, also as an option. I like the scaled AI difficulty (like GT4) from race to race - but would be better scaled further by a general difficulty setting. I'd have all of the above "on", and difficulty at a challenging level (ideally close to 100% :scared:)

Career modes are interesting, but I'd like to be able to compete in multiple championships at once (say, lower league stuff during the week, and the real deal on the weekends, with multiple races per day) - this would mean you'd need a calendar, and a way to manually advance the day, instead of advancing whenever you buy a car / wheels / wing or enter a race etc.
 
well if they were gonna do that, then Id also expect the game to have actual interior dealerships like in TDU :)

TDU was epic, you can even admire the architecture in the dealers and how they change from one manufacturer to another. Also, the gullwing doors of the SLS AMG, I want to see 'em opened. :drool: Even a mustang was cool to watch in TDU.

Picking interior colors, giving a free look at interiors, all of this would make us admire and respect PD modelers even more, I doubt it won't be in the game.
 
Last edited:
My preference would be what iRacing does, damage affects you during the race, possibly taking you out of it, and has an impact on your safety rating which can be used to determine what kinds of events you can participate in. (though I may be confusing online/offline here) Having to pay for repairs would be ok too but I think i'd prefer safety rating. Any consequences would be nice, if it's Prologue style anything goes (when online), I'll be severely disappointed.
 
Hey if this has been mentioned before, shoot me.What about an offline/online secondhand car auction eh ?.Similar to how the Manchester/Manheim auctions, are setup here in blighty that would be cool.Would just need a booklet of cars, with condition, total mileage, colour, service history etc.Would just need to show a limited amount of cars, from the list you are interested in.Maybe we can look in & around the cars etc & bid before driving away.However you only have 2 days ( day before auction & obviously on the day ).There are many different auctions, luxury, 4x4, classic, sports, rep cars, mixed, single manufacturers only etc.This could work for GT5.
 
Last edited:
Request__Baka_gun_emote_by_AngelLale87.gif


I forget where now, probably several places, but it has been mentioned and discussed quite in depth. :D

I think many people agree that it would be super-mega-turbo-awesome!
 
I don't know what Baka is, it don't matter :).I know you make cigarettes with it.
 
Last edited:
I don't know what Baka is, it don't matter :).

Idiot, silly and things like that, but he used it in a funny way, it's not really offensive when used in that way. It's pretty usual.
 
I'm not offended dude, takes alot to offend me mate.
 
I've mentioned this before in another thread, if the hangar/garage is as big as in the demo you could house about a 100 cars tightly stacked together.
If the game hosts about a 1000 cars and you'll be able to buy, say, 1500 different ones ( colour/spec ) you'll need about 15 of these hangars.
Think of them as sections, whereby you could choose which cars are put together ( Italian supercars/ racecars/ same colour cars, etc.).
All speculative ofcourse but i think it would be nice.;)

... Me i speaking have 200 000 000 poly in same time for do a hangar visite tour (without box/X cars). It's really impossible for a PS3.
Sorry if i dont understand all messages but for the way to have lots of cars (100 for exemple) in same time to see in 3D visiting will be impossible. :crazy:
 
Fine then, GT Mode will be a different origin of idea.. Goto Dealerships, but its called "Dealers" next screen goes into dark back alley and come up to a guy with several breifcases. Pop up comes up, you pick what Manufactuer you want. Next guy opens one case up and then you get an overview of like a HotWheels box for holding cars, and there they are, all the cars for that manufacuter at a HotWheel like ratio in a case, you select over cars via the "pointer" and Name of car comes up, hit X to then goto a oh-so-awesome polygon filled version of car to examine and TEST DRIVE! haha ohh yeaaa

Parker

EDIT: Meant to add this would be an idea of all your garage cars are stored hotwheel ratio and in the little box cases for them.

attn: just being silly, this is not what I would even like at all, i want the TDU style dealerships and I dont care about garage really Im sure it will be good
 
... Me i speaking have 200 000 000 poly in same time for do a hangar visite tour (without box/X cars). It's really impossible for a PS3.
Sorry if i dont understand all messages but for the way to have lots of cars (100 for exemple) in same time to see in 3D visiting will be impossible. :crazy:
You would not see all 100 cars at once, and even if you did, they would not all consist of the same LOD (Level of Detail) than the one you are stood next to. Besides, in a hanger environment, there is no track to render, to AI or physics to deal with, just the cars. I'm not saying it's possible, I'm just saying that it's not the same as having 100 cars on track at once.
 
... Me i speaking have 200 000 000 poly in same time for do a hangar visite tour (without box/X cars). It's really impossible for a PS3.
Sorry if i dont understand all messages but for the way to have lots of cars (100 for exemple) in same time to see in 3D visiting will be impossible. :crazy:

You would not see all 100 cars at once, and even if you did, they would not all consist of the same LOD (Level of Detail) than the one you are stood next to. Besides, in a hanger environment, there is no track to render, to AI or physics to deal with, just the cars. I'm not saying it's possible, I'm just saying that it's not the same as having 100 cars on track at once.

Thanks TokyoD for answering the question, as it would indeed be logical not every car is as detailed when they're tightly stacked together, and although i'd really love to see a 3D garage/hangar i also don't know if it is even possible.
 
1. Large (custom) building where you can show your (selected) cars to your friends.
2. It has been said before reverse lights.
3. Lamborghini Diablo
4. Glowing diskbrakes.
5. Backfire from racecars if they have it in real life (visual and sound).
6. Much more.
 
1. Large (custom) building where you can show your (selected) cars to your friends.
2. It has been said before reverse lights.
3. Lamborghini Diablo
4. Glowing diskbrakes.
5. Backfire from racecars if they have it in real life (visual and sound).
6. Much more.
Glowing disks, that's another useless thing alongside useless skidmarks ;) I agree, I'd love to see them in the game.

Not sure what you mean by point number 6 though - a bit ambiguous!
 
Back