• 30-20

• 20-10

• 10 or below

Results are only viewable after voting.

alp

Cyprus
Cyprus
apocalypxoticnow
It's been more than a year since GT Sport launched. At the rate I was leveling up, I'd believed that I would have reached level 50 by the end of this summer but as of today, I am a level 47 player. Well I haven't been playing as often and as long as I used to but I am still a regular. I'm aware that league races pay more xp than online races do and some players do not care about their xp level (and I do agree that DR-SR ratings matter far more) but please share your opinions about this long journey and if you have reached level 50 please tell us when you did so.

I hit 50 a few months ago. I had my ps4 on for over a month straight doing 24-hour endurance races, with a rubber banded controller. There's no way I would ever, or could ever manually grind to 50. The XP progression in this game is simply nonsense.

Worst of all there is virtually no reward for being level 50, so I don't feel any kind of way about "cheesing" it. There isn't even a reward that could potentially be worth it because you earn 9 figure amounts of money grinding to 50, so you can buy literally everything you want.

The grind from 46-50 is Gran Turismo Sport's version of B-Spec; that is, its filler content that gets you another couple weeks out of the game.

Last edited:
45 at the moment. Can't say I've been paying any attention to it since there's no rewards, seems like a waste of time to concern yourself with it.

Yes, I'm just at 41 myself. The only thing it gets you is a few trophies and so reaching level 50 is needed for platinum, so the trophy hunters are likely the only ones who care about this levelling up stuff and I'd imagine they'll have used the glitches early on to get to 50 whilst it was easier to do so.

36 or 37. I'm in no rush as 50 will come naturally and that's what I need to get all trophies aside the 3 online and 1 plat. (They'll never pop, as I don't race there).

Made level 50 about a month ago, I've done a lot of grinding at Blue Moon with my cars adjusted to N300, primarily to get credits to purchase the most expensive of the cars.

50......Sept 2nd.....day # 192.....no rubber bands , no pit lane glitching.

And yes it was a letdown , clearly PD has dropped the ball on this.
Sept 2nd only 0.1 % of players had done it , almost three months later it's still only 0.1 %
and half of them probably did it via the pit lane glitch.

PD should be embarrassed by that stat.

Where's the "rare" car that should have been there, as in a car that can't be bought with credits or won on the daily wheel.
It's called "incentive".
I get the feeling PD are losing players over this because of a lack of rewards for doing long, time consuming achievements.

Just a few examples of what could/should be done here:
A rare drift car(s) for the drifters who acquire a 1,000,000 or 2,000,000 or 3,000,000 drift points.
A rare car(s) with a rare paint job on it for the players who create 1000-2000-3000 liveries.
A rare car(s) for players who acquire 1,000,000 or 2,000,000 or 3,000,000 mileage points.
A rare car(s) for players who acquire 250,000,000 and 500,000,000 and 1 billion prize credits.(I'm at 196 million and I've read that one player has over 400 million, so these numbers are not as off the wall as you may think, considering the game will be around for quite a few more years yet ).
A rare car(s) for the online sports mode racers who win a 1000-2000-3000 races.

It's all about incentive to want to play and acquire certain achievements with rewards that players want (rare cars ), it's a huge hook.
And i know for a fact it works, i play a game that was released in 2004, in 2008 they introduced an achievement / reward system like I've described.
It proved to be hugely popular and 10 years later it still is.
It has a player base of around 5,000,000 currently, at it's peak it was more than double that but considering it's not free to play and it still maintains that high number of players, they are definitely doing something right.

So, PD , i hope sometime next year to log on after an update and receive a rare car for hitting level 50 and I'll get to start working on levels 75 and 100. Cheers! :cheers:

42. Not like I'm in the rush or anything. Just taking it easy.

Update #1: Reached Level 43 yesterday (November 3, 2018) thanks to the grinding I did on Maggiore and Fuji (Group 1 Cup).

Update #2: Reached Level 46 yesterday (February 17, 2019) due to the amount of grinding I did in Le Mans.

Last edited:
50......Sept 2nd.....day # 192.....no rubber bands , no pit lane glitching.

And yes it was a letdown , clearly PD has dropped the ball on this.
Sept 2nd only 0.1 % of players had done it , almost three months later it's still only 0.1 %
and half of them probably did it via the pit lane glitch.

PD should be embarrassed by that stat.

Where's the "rare" car that should have been there, as in a car that can't be bought with credits or won on the daily wheel.
It's called "incentive".
I get the feeling PD are losing players over this because of a lack of rewards for doing long, time consuming achievements.

Just a few examples of what could/should be done here:
A rare drift car(s) for the drifters who acquire a 1,000,000 or 2,000,000 or 3,000,000 drift points.
A rare car(s) with a rare paint job on it for the players who create 1000-2000-3000 liveries.
A rare car(s) for players who acquire 1,000,000 or 2,000,000 or 3,000,000 mileage points.
A rare car(s) for players who acquire 250,000,000 and 500,000,000 and 1 billion prize credits.(I'm at 196 million and I've read that one player has over 400 million, so these numbers are not as off the wall as you may think, considering the game will be around for quite a few more years yet ).
A rare car(s) for the online sports mode racers who win a 1000-2000-3000 races.

It's all about incentive to want to play and acquire certain achievements with rewards that players want (rare cars ), it's a huge hook.
And i know for a fact it works, i play a game that was released in 2004, in 2008 they introduced an achievement / reward system like I've described.
It proved to be hugely popular and 10 years later it still is.
It has a player base of around 5,000,000 currently, at it's peak it was more than double that but considering it's not free to play and it still maintains that high number of players, they are definitely doing something right.

So, PD , i hope sometime next year to log on after an update and receive a rare car for hitting level 50 and I'll get to start working on levels 75 and 100. Cheers! :cheers:

I think the GTP servers would collapse under the weight of posts in the Epic whining and crying thread if this were to happen!

Been playing for about 3 months, an hour here, an hour there, and I'm at level 38 (I think: haven't been on for a few days).

Having finished the GT League and gold on the track tutorials, I now mostly play single races (to refine my technique and test set ups etc...) or create private lobbies so I can race the cars I like, on the tracks I like, and test myself against other players without the more "punitive" penalty system found in Sport mode.

I do still go on Sport mode, but sometimes I can't be bothered waiting around for qualifying to end and so I go on to something else.

Me too fastone - same. :) How is the Miura?

I dont remember if I tried it. That means either I did and was not impressed or that I that I bought it just before turning the game off for the day. I have won races sitting on $20 million and wondered why I got XP but no prize credits. :dunce::dunce: I will make it a point to try it though cause I think those are my favorite Italian cars, they look so good and sound great!!

I dont remember if I tried it. That means either I did and was not impressed or that I that I bought it just before turning the game off for the day. I have won races sitting on $20 million and wondered why I got XP but no prize credits. :dunce::dunce: I will make it a point to try it though cause I think those are my favorite Italian cars, they look so good and sound great!!
Keep my hard earned dollars in the bank then.

Back