What game is this?

Chrunch Houston

Probably should be called Chrunch Louisville
Premium
United States
Kentucky
Chrunch_Houston
This is from the Sony website. If it is Gran Tourismo, what track are they on?

link to page: http://store.sony.com/webapp/wcs/st...551&storeId=10151&langId=-1&identifier=S_4KTV

Clipboard01_zps5a8c571e.jpg

That and Apricot Hill was not in the middle of a city-scape.

That doesn't have anything with GT just thowing a glance at the screens I guess...

@Marcus_war
No, even if the layout of the track is almost the same as the authentic one, we never see such urban sights with a row of buildings and streets.

This thing was made by a Sony employee.

So the game pictured is a composite using at least 1 component from Gran Turismo.

Anyone recognize the street scene? What car is that?

It’s been altered by some Sony marketing graphic designer, but it came from PD.

Where did the rest come from?

Why go to the trouble of editing a map, why waste time doing that?

It's just some images to display the tech, nothing more.

Guys I think this is a conspiracy made by aliens to confuse us! Don't worry thought, we already have Baumgartner going up there to complain.

Chrunch Houston is curious about how would they make that. Obviously they didn't paint two different pictures. I'm curious now too.

Yes – were did the street scene come from? I would assume it came from PD also.
I haven’t played GT4 in ages, but that doesn’t look familiar to me.

I would assume that is a street scene from an upcoming track perhaps something from GT6.

Nobody recognizes the car?

It's not a real car.

Exactly, none of it is real. It's just a mock up using original assets so they don't have to pay anyone to show their brand. They couldn't just use GT5 because it doesn't have the feature they're advertising so that would be misleading.

Why would you assume any of that came from PD? What proof would you have to back up that assumption?

The track is too similar to Apricot hill to be a coincidence.

untitled_zpsee3cb031.jpg

Exactly, none of it is real. It's just a mock up using original assets so they don't have to pay anyone to show their brand. They couldn't just use GT5 because it doesn't have the feature they're advertising so that would be misleading.

What other asset (besides PD) does Sony have that would make a street scene like this?

Oh, and also:

From the SimulView Troubleshooting page:

“Check to see if your game supports the SimulView feature. As of 11/13/2011, only the following games support SimulView: MotorStorm Apocalypse, Killzone 3, Super Stardust HD, and Gran Turismo 5.
(Note: You will most likely need to download an update for each game upon starting it to add the SimulView feature.)”

http://playstation.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2608/~/simulview-troubleshooting
http://us.playstation.com/ps3/accessories/sony-playstation-3d-display-ps3/simul-view.html

I stand corrected but what I meant was it's original content designed by someone at sony as a generic car game to depict the tech, it's clearly not an actual game.

I stand corrected but what I meant was it's original content designed by someone at sony as a generic car game to depict the tech, it's clearly not an actual game.

I know it’s a mock up, but a lot of work went into that 3d street scene.

I’m sure it is much more work than the guy that subtly changed the Apricot Hill track would do.

I am guessing this is a glimpse of a yet to be released track form GT6.

Can’t wait to get my hat knocked off!

I’m sure it is much more work than the guy that subtly changed the Apricot Hill track would do.

Oooookay.

The word "asset" in computer games refers to "things that are in a game". So this screenshot uses a track "asset" from one game, a car "asset" from another game, on-screen graphic "assets" from other games.

The track map looks quite like GT4's Apricot Hill, but it isn't. The streets look quite like GT5's Madrid, but they aren't. The car looks quite like something from Ridge Racer, but it isn't. The on-screen information graphics... I have no idea.

The net result is a collage. It's a publicity image of no particular game to advertise the SimulView technology of the screens. It's not evidence of any DLC or unreleased GT5/6 feature - just that a Sony team of graphic artists have made a publicity image using assets from various Sony games.

Chrunch Houston

I think you're a little too desperate for info about GT6 because you're making a huge assumption here. There is no indication or hint that this is a new GT6 track. That's the last thing that would occur to me looking at that picture.

As the others have said, you're really grabbing at straws. A lot of work may have gone into the 3D scene but probably not just for this photo, it was probably done for something else and then bought or borrowed by Sony. Same goes for the cars, they're completely fictional and never seen in a video game before but I doubt someone at Sony made them from scratch for this, they likely got them from some 'stock' design company, like how we as consumers can buy rights free images online.

Back