What games are you playing now?

• Thread starter F1 fan
  • 5,776 comments
I almost want to quit FF7Rebirth. I am getting quite bored with the game. I am like almost 35-40 hours into it though so I guess in a way, I'd really like to finish it.

I almost want to quit FF7Rebirth. I am getting quite bored with the game. I am like almost 35-40 hours into it though so I guess in a way, I'd really like to finish it.
I had the same with FF7 remake. It is so slow. I can’t put myself to play it anymore. That’s why I haven’t bought Rebirth, cause I’m unable to finish Remake…

I'm about halfway in Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora. Very chill (walk around, fly your ikran, bust a base, repeat) and beautiful game, but it really is squeezing my poor CPU.

I'm enjoying Snowrunner, though I'm rolling over a lot which can be somewhat annoying, all part of the game though. I played a bit in my lunch break, I tried to get a trailer with two containers on it out of the quarry, I managed to roll once collecting the trailer, then stuck near the exit to the quarry, then got overzealous in my effort to become unstuck and rolled one truck, then the other, then rolled the trailer so now I need to send one truck home to get a crane. I imagine I'll roll that too somehow.

But when you keep the tyres on the correct side of the truck it's good fun. It occurred to me that it's a bit like one of the games Jack Thompson tried to get banned back in the '90s or '00s except instead of glorifying murder, it glorifies a minor ecological disaster as I waste hundreds of litres of fuel, yank a ton of young trees out of the ground as I try to winch myself out of trouble, cause god knows what mess by accidentally driving enormous trucks into rivers and getting them stuck, etc. The loading screens all have pro-trucking facts too which I think is hilarious.

I've been playing an indie racer called New Star GP. I've been keeping my eyes on it ever since I played its demo on January, and immediately bought it as soon as I noticed that full version was out.

Has anybody else tried it? Sense of speed can be a bit iffy, but career mode is put together very well and I'm really enjoying it.

Last edited:
I've been playing an indie racer called New Star GP. I've been keeping my eyes on it ever since I played its demo on January, and immediately bought it as soon as I noticed that full version was out.

Has anybody else tried it? Sense of speed can be a bit iffy, but career mode is put together very well and I'm really enjoying it.
Is it on PS5? I might consider getting it.

Is it on PS5? I might consider getting it.
Yeah it should be, I think it's available on all consoles (including Switch if you have one).

Even if worst comes to pass, it's pretty light on the hardware requirement so it shouldn't take too much to run if you have Steam account and a decent laptop.

Anyway do give it a try when you get an opportunity, for what it's worth I think it's really really great.

Last edited:
So I said all this back in 2018:
Just dove back into Spyro Year of the Dragon last night and started a whole new save game for the first time in nearly 6 years I think. I considered going back to it recently and after seeing the trailer for the upcoming remaster, it's accelerated my decision to go back to it even sooner now.

Playing it first and then I am going to play the 1st and 2nd after. Sure I may be playing it a bit out of sequence, but Year of the Dragon is the one I grew up with and it's the one I know best whereas I have barely played the first and none of the 2nd. I am playing the 3rd first ultimately as a refresher to remind myself why I like Spyro so much and why I keep coming back to it after all these years, that way I can appreciate the previous two more since they're going to be new to me. All this in preparation for the remaster coming later this year.
...and I even made a few other posts about it afterward saying I had either started playing it or gonna play it eventually, but despite all that, I still haven't played through it yet. :lol: Not because I didn't want to, but I just never was in the right mood for it the times I tried to play it and couldn't enjoy it the way I wanted, so I quit playing in hopes I would be more up to it later on. It didn't help it was right around the time I was starting to fall out of video games as a whole and found other things to do instead, something I talked about in-depth in another thread.

However, as of now, that all changes! Lately, I've been in a Spyro mood a lot, more so than I have been in many years, and since I am also feeling pretty good in general, I am finally going to do everything I said earlier and play through all 3 games in the order I mentioned. Now's a great time to do it too because as of last year, I have physical copies of all 3 games now and an Xbox Series X with dev mode, so it should be fun to play through them all! I am hoping to have the best playthrough yet with this run and so far it's feeling pretty good! 😎

Dragons Dogma 2: interesting combat for all classes except mage, yet mage seems the one being the most beneficial to play with because of floating or healing magic whenever the vasals need it instead of when the AI decides to use it.

Helldivers 2: of course, I guess. But I feel like no standard issue weapon can rival the SG8-Punisher.

Endless Dungeon: still 5000 doors to open until Platinum

Returnal: finding that lore pieces is quite a random task. Is there any way to know in advance whether the biomes are in the current run? Or are they ALWAYS present but sometimes hidden VERY GOOD so I dont even see it on the map?

Dragons Dogma 2: interesting combat for all classes except mage, yet mage seems the one being the most beneficial to play with because of floating or healing magic whenever the vasals need it instead of when the AI decides to use it.

Helldivers 2: of course, I guess. But I feel like no standard issue weapon can rival the SG8-Punisher.

Endless Dungeon: still 5000 doors to open until Platinum

Returnal: finding that lore pieces is quite a random task. Is there any way to know in advance whether the biomes are in the current run? Or are they ALWAYS present but sometimes hidden VERY GOOD so I dont even see it on the map?
Endless Dungeon looks like a game I'd like to play. And look at that, it's on sale for $17.99 on PS5 right now.

Last edited:
Well, I started anew with rFactor 1. I have been so frustrated trying to get rFactor 2 up and running. I kept running into the same "not enough Video RAM" and all of this. I felt like rF2 was a letdown as a fan of rF1. So now, FINALLY, I use the Steam-style rFactor 1. I'll be trying to port over my ISI-era rF1 content into Steam rF1; and in the process, I may try to dig deeper into trying to create content for rFactor 1.

I may keep playing Steam rF1 unless I find some quirky way to get legacy rF1 going. However, if it is impossible to run legacy rF1 through ISI's version, I guess that's how it has to be- use Steam rF1 instead.

As well as still making my way through FF7 Rebirth (amazing so far 64 hours in) I have been playing the original Need for Speed Most Wanted, arcade racing games really did peak in the PS2 era in my opinion, great fun, the police can get a bit annoying in later levels though.

Back