What games are you playing now?

• Thread starter F1 fan
  • 5,818 comments
MXH
Been playing DiRT2 for the last two weeks and just finished up the DiRT Tour as well all offline trophies. Still an excellent game with a damn good atmosphere, soundtrack and variety of vehicles.

I have now moved onto DiRT3 and immediately remembered why I still love this one above every other DiRT game.

I managed to get a used copy of the Complete Edition for $16 for the PS3 but since it’s been delisted on the PS Store, noone can get hold of a valid VIP Pass (online access) anymore - which in turn holds several great cars as prisoners, sadly. Business practices for the dark ages on the consoles. It still pisses me off. :embarrassed:
While finishing up DiRT3 and picking up all offline trophies for it, I bought WRC3 (PS3) in the meantime.

It’s still a lot of fun albeit very archaic in game design. Currently working through my way in Road to Glory then onto the WRC experience part of the game.

To not risking a rally game fatigue I’ve ordered Ridge Racer 7 and see what series have to offer. Looks fun enough judging by gameplay videos on YT.

Borderlands 3 on 7 day free PSN now. Not enjoying it. Other than that, it's a bit of World of Warships in the morning on PS4, then Raid Shadow Legends on PC then Destiny 2 on PS4 in the afternoon. Currently running some passenger missions in Elite Dangerous.

Bloodborne for first time. Not too far in, only have just gotten past Father Gascoigne. Took a few hours but I'm starting to really get into now. And a little bit of Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, as a palate cleanser from dying dozens of times over. :lol:

Last edited:
I'm playing and super enjoying Ride 4, and I've been playing Forza Motorsport 7 and Project CARS 3 on the side as well.

Also, I reinstalled Dirt 5 on my PC recently, which is a game that I just couldn't find as much fun as what I thought I should be having. I can play any racing game as long as 1) it plays well 2) looks decent and 3) has a photomode, and Dirt 5 knocks all three criteria out of the park, but it never really managed to fully engross me. Hopefully I'll be able to get into it this time, or at least find out why it isn't absorbing me as it should.

Oh, in addition to all that, I downloaded NFS Heat through my Xbox Gamepass. Haven't played it yet though. The last time I played was through the 10 hour trial on Origin (which tragically ended just as I was wrapping up my wrap on my brand new Honda Civic), so I'm looking forward to playing through the whole game without 10 hour timer dangling over my head.

Streets of Rage 4 (with my brother, it's a lot of fun. Sort of wish it was longer)
Snowrunner on PC
Occasionally jumping back onto the PS4 to play GT Sport, mostly for photomode.
Halo: Master Chief Collection on Steam. (Happy to get it on sale for $20, not happy that co-op doesn't work. Still kind of fun to go through the campaigns again on PC.)
Time Splitters Future Perfect on PS2

Recently finished:

Xbox Series X
NieR:Automata
Deliver Us The Moon
Night In The Woods
Streets of Rage 4

Currently playing:

Xbox Series X
Ace Combat 7
Tetris Effect: Connected
A Plague Tale: Innocence
Wreckfest
Forza 7
Forza Horizon 4
DiRT 5

PS4
Assetto Corsa Competizione

It has been a while since I've gamed this much, all thanks to Game Pass. And I haven't even scratched the surface of its catalogue...

If only I could easily trade my T300 wheel base for a TX, I'd just buy Assetto Corsa Competizione for Xbox and never look back.

For a while now now, I've been super into this freemium game called Hidden City, developed by G5 Entertainment. It's totally predatory with its microtransactions and all those ads are rather annoying, but uh, I can't stop playing it for some many reasons.

In its defence, it has a gorgeous art direction, the gameplay is simple yet varied enough, and it hands out juuust enough incentives to keep coming back for more. It's... quite addictive, so much so that I barely play any other game lately.

Last edited:
I recently picked up No Mans Sky for half off. So far I am really enjoying it, especially the new expedition mode.

Been getting back into Elder Scrolls Online the last couple of weeks, and man have they added a ton of stuff to do since i last played three years ago. Just being able to properly explore some of the lesser touched areas like Elsweyr and the Black Marsh has been very entertaining, and the antiquities/treasure hunting mechanic has made earning gold a bit of a triviality but I'm sure not complaining since it's actually pretty fun. I think my character can be rightly classified as a "combat archaeologist" at this point. :lol:

Assetto Corsa Competizione on Ps5. Man oh man. Has it been a long time since I played such a realistic feeling race game. It’s rough around the edges, the menu is down right un-intuitive and the graphics are not the best we have seen so far. But man does it play great. The feeling of the tires, suspension, kerbs, throttle, brakes etc it is such a joy. And the tracks are amazing to drive. You really feel every bump and kerb.

And, that sound! Man of man is that immersive. I absolutely love it. I really hope the proper next gen version will add to the visual aspect and fixes some bugs and crashes.

Untill then I cannot stop racing. And tomorrow I can reunite myself with my favorite track of all times: Oulton Park.

I finished Dishonored (worst and best endings) and thanks to the Series S upgrades (FPS boost, Quick Resume) I feel this game will remain relevant for years to come. Then I started Dishonored 2 and I realize I don't like 30 fps anymore. I wish it is included in future FPS boost updates.
I've sunk 30 hours in Immortals Phoenyx Rising (which I purchased) and still nowhere near the final, and I have 3 expansions to tackle later. An engrossing and fun action/adventure platformer that is well worth my money.

I've sunk 30 hours in Immortals Phoenyx Rising (which I purchased) and still nowhere near the final, and I have 3 expansions to tackle later. An engrossing and fun action/adventure platformer that is well worth my money.

I played the base game earlier in the year and generally enjoyed it but have zero desire to play more in the expansions. I spent probably close to the first 20 hours completely clearing the little starting island and then the Aphrodite section of the main island (minus one or maybe two vaults that I never figured out how to get to... one was high up on a bluff that is surrounded by the red fog stuff that saps all of your energy), but after that I pretty much had zero interest in doing any more vaults aside from those required for the story or to defeat the hero in each section. Pretty much stuck to the story gameplay while grabbing the resources and some of the quick puzzles near my routes as I worked through the rest of the game. By the time I was going up the mountain I had no interest in even doing the puzzles beyond what was is required to get to the top :lol:. I think when I finished the game I had maybe 35 hours in total and was content with what I got out of it. I'm a big ancient Greek/Roman history and mythology buff, so I enjoyed the setting and what they were doing with the story but the core gameplay got tedious to me even though the combat was always pretty fun if a little simple.

I grabbed a Samsung 49in ultrawide monitor and got back in to iRacing recently. Also been playing a lot of Loop Hero, and as ever, some CSGO.

After about 30 years I finally got round to mapping all 64 cells in the C64 version of 'Traz'...

upload_2021-4-29_21-7-30.png

... now all I've got to do is beat them all...

... might take another 30 years.

Recently picked up Test Drive Unlimited for PC and installed the Platinum mod so now i'm currently playing that along with Project Gotham Racing 3 and 4 along with San Andreas.

Playing days gone as borrowed from a friends.

I have to admit I have been getting a bit bored of games recently as none seem to grab my attention, I had high hopes for ghosts of tsushima but just didn't grab me, days gone however has got me hooked good :)

The survival aspect of running of of fuel and having to fix your bike are great, oh and when you first come across a horde....!!!! Great game so far.

I'm still playing RDR2, it's very rare for me to play one game for a month straight without even dipping into another game like Dead Cells, Door Kickers or anything. I have been keeping up my weekly Forza Horizon 4 sessions but I don't think that counts...

But yeah, I antagonised someone in the very centre of Saint Denis and for some reason that's a crime and I had lawmen gunning for me almost immediately, in the process of escaping I racked up a $465 bounty so I've been keeping out of Lemoyne and trying to save enough to pay it off without breaking any laws (or at least not being witnessed doing so), it's not going amazingly well but I'm having fun hunting legendary animals and, um, breaking into peoples' homes. I even found a dinosaur bone, my first one.

I do not think I have played anything other than Animal Crossing over the past week or two.

Started a new survival playthrough in Fallout 4 with over 25 mods installed. This is my first time playing on PS5, I want to see how big I can build settlements before the game starts to have problems compared to my base ps4. I did this same experiment with No Mans Sky recently.

Last edited:
Finally pulled up my big boy pants and played the Resident Evil 2 Remake. After making the room as bright as possible and starting with the lowest difficulty, I was done with the Leon's first story after 7 hours. I have to say I really miss the ability to german suplex the zombies until their heads explode, but it was a lot of fun. I'm not in a hurry to go back to it anytime soon, though.

Last edited:
Finally pulled up my big boy pants and played the Resident Evil 2 Remake. After making the room as bright as possible and starting with the lowest difficulty, I was done with the Leon's first story after 7 hours. I have to say I really miss the ability to german suplex the zombies until their heads explode, but it was a lot of fun. I'm not in a hurry to go back to it anytime soon, though.
Never played the original, but this remake was excellent. I’ve played it after RE7 and found it to be quite good, except much less scary. I guess the unkillable enemy chasing you around must have been quite a big deal back in the day when the original was released. I think that really makes for fun gameplay that keeps you on your toes, if not overdone. Alien Isolation and RE2 both do an excellent job with the mechanic, I think.

Finally pulled up my big boy pants and played the Resident Evil 2 Remake. After making the room as bright as possible and starting with the lowest difficulty, I was done with the Leon's first story after 7 hours. I have to say I really miss the ability to german suplex the zombies until their heads, but it was a lot of fun. I'm not in a hurry to go back to it anytime soon, though.

Ha ha, I know exactly where your coming from, I want to play it but I don't, I'm a big wuss these days, I don't want to feel scared anymore.. :nervous: :lol::lol::lol:

Last edited:

What a game!! in the top 3 games of the generation for me.
Loved the original back in the day when I was young and when the remake was released i couldn't believe how good of a job they done.

If only Capcim done the same with the remake for RE3 my favorite in the series. :/ that was a massive let down.

If only Capcom done the same with the remake for RE3 my favorite in the series. :/ that was a massive let down.

It was a bit of a let down, huh? I was bummed it was too short and not a totally faithful remake like RE2 remake was, but having played the RE3 remake again recently, I thought it was a good game in it's own right.

Playing Resident Evil Village now, loving it. It's like RE4 meets RE7 and it's a good time.

Will be playing the Mass Effect Trilogy remake this Friday. I can't wait to play all three games again, graphical upgrade or not. It's been ages since I last played them all.

Latest Posts

Back