What games are you playing now?

• Thread starter F1 fan
  • 5,822 comments
Started with GoW Ragnarok - what to say, I'm enjoying playing it!

I was thinking to start Persona 3 Reloaded on Series X, but that would be too big stake at once.
Simply not enough time, with playing GT7, FM23 and FC24 every day.

Bought Cyberpunk 2077 plus the Phantom Liberty DLC. Thought it was the right time to give it a whirl now they've ironed out the bugs and glitches.

First impressions are that its quite overwelming to begin with. Being a CD Projekt RED title i was expecting it to feel a lot like Witcher 3 but it doesn't really. For better or worse. I've got as far as the Relic heist and the following Johnny Silverhand attack, which feels to me like a long prologue to the main story. I've only skimmed the hacking aspect so far, but that and it's perk-tree seem pretty indepth.

It's going to be a while before i feel like anything other than a complete noob as its learning curve at this stage is pretty steep!

So a week later and not only do I feel like a long term resident of Night City but I’m strutting around like I own the town.

I don’t accidentally find myself down dark alleys trying to take a short cut. I’m down those alleys looking for trouble, looking for gang members to spontaneously combust.

Doing some assetto corsa today, still love it as ever., the feel on the g29.
Porsche 962c at blackcat County short, such a good feel for me, bumps, edge of grip etc..

I ended my best run of Streets of Rogue in the dumbest possible way. As the soldier and with full health, I was tasked with neutralising someone who was in a small locked room with metal walls. There were loads of police in the area outside the room and my three options were to pick the lock, use a detonator or just knock and kill them, but only the detonator option would give me plausible deniability if I could hide quickly enough.

So I set the detonator up, no one noticed so the plan is going OK so far. I then knock, but I failed to remember that the AI responds almost instantly and the room is so small that I get caught in the blast which knocks a big chunk off my health, and the police come running over and start yeeting me all over the place, I managed to kill them and all the innocents aggroed by my errant bullets with a tiny sliver of health left that started to regenerate... And I stepped on a flame vent thing the moment it turned on.

Actually no, I have a worse one. Also with full health, my final objective was to rob a safe in a fire station with the clerk behind the desk and four firemen. No one is facing me so I, for whatever reason, decided to pick the lock to the saferoom (but I had no way to open the safe), but as I was picking it one of the firemen spotted me and I was immediately swarmed and, again, was being yeeted around the place. Amidst the confusion I managed to INJECT MYSELF WITH POISON then fumble a grenade throw which caught me good, but I used a freeze ray to subdue everyone, killed the clerk for the safe combination, got to the safe just as the firemen thawed out and they performed a mercy killing on me.

Great game!

They were on sale on the Switch for like a quid each or something, so I bought LIMBO and INSIDE. I’d heard great things about them but never got round to playing them before, but on the Switch I’m really enjoying LIMBO. So simple, but really makes you think and work out how to get to the next chapter - I’ll admit I’ve looked up the answer a couple of times when I’ve got stuck but the sense of achievement when you work out what you’re doing is great and I love the atmospherics, so creepy. I’ll move onto INSIDE once I’ve finished it.

Limbo is fantastic. I’d never really played many puzzle platformers but tried in on a whim and was hooked. I’ve been meaning to start Inside, as well as Cocoon (designed by the same guy IIRC).

[/QUOTE]
They were on sale on the Switch for like a quid each or something, so I bought LIMBO and INSIDE. I’d heard great things about them but never got round to playing them before, but on the Switch I’m really enjoying LIMBO. So simple, but really makes you think and work out how to get to the next chapter - I’ll admit I’ve looked up the answer a couple of times when I’ve got stuck but the sense of achievement when you work out what you’re doing is great and I love the atmospherics, so creepy. I’ll move onto INSIDE once I’ve finished it.
Both great games!

Too easy to look on YouTube for the answer nowadays, which I'm also guilty of for both these games lol

Returnal - it was difficult in the beginning, and I died 10 times before defeating the first boss. But after that there is such a steep drop in difficulty / increase in playerpower it is hardly any difficult any more.

Endless Dungeon - 2 player coop party doing a bit of twin-stick shooting/tower defense hybrid

Return to Moria - 3 player coop party just having a good time exploring and crafting

Been playing Tomb Raider I-III Remastered on PS5 and it's a trip back to childhood for sure. Last time I played these other than as a kid was on a small PS Vita screen, so it's great to have a chance to play them again on a proper TV screen with the added bonus of updated visuals and controls.

However, as good as the modern controls are overall, they can fight with the game camera and can be frustrating when doing tricky platforming. Sometimes I had to take a leap of faith because I couldn't force the camera to move where I needed it. Have to keep in mind they're still very much games from the 90s, so they are tough games even with the updates.

Last edited:
I have been playing the Game Preview of Palworld on my Series X. It is similar to Pokemon but is completely open world so you can go anywhere including swiimming or climbing cliffs (Stamina permitting). You can open up Fast Travel points to make it easier to get around. There are also Boss Pals and Boss enemies you can fight. You can use the Pals you capture to produce resources or for some of them you can ride them (air, land or water) or enhance their weapons. There are some issues with the game but these can be worked around, falling thought the land at the extremes of the map being the main one.

I am currently at Level 39 and have found (or bred) 103 of the 137 Pals.

Two fan-made Sonic games highlight this post.

I made my debut playing Sonic Robo Blast 2. This is a game in the Sonic the Hedgehog realm that offers a 3D touch to the classic Genesis/Megadrive Sonic games. It runs on the GZDOOM engine. This game is pretty fun after trying out the Tutorial and the first zone. I may look to make the 2D sprites into 3D models by using a few model packs. If I am adept, I may try my own hand at 3D modeling for SRB2. I saw a video of what "Sonic Robo Blast 1" was like, and I think SRB2 runs laps and circles around SRB1.

I later tried Sonic Robo Blast 2 Kart (or SRB2Kart). This game is the kart racing game part of the SRB2 ecosystem. People have treated it almost like a moddable Mario Kart. Very cool game, but I still have a lot of work to do to be adept at it. I also couldn't find a way to enter Grands Prix or even have Battle Mode. I am not sure if I need to connect online for any of those modes, but I am still learning the ropes of this game.

Been playing Tomb Raider I-III Remastered on PS5 and it's a trip back to childhood for sure. Last time I played these other than as a kid was on a small PS Vita screen, so it's great to have a chance to play them again on a proper TV screen with the added bonus of updated visuals and controls.

However, as good as the modern controls are overall, they can fight with the game camera and can be frustrating when doing tricky platforming. Sometimes I had to take a leap of faith because I couldn't force the camera to move where I needed it. Have to keep in mind they're still very much games from the 90s, so they are tough games even with the updates.
I’m tempted by these because I have so many good memories from playing them as a kid. Particularly - was it TR2 with the Great Wall of China and the tigers/attack spiders etc? I’ve never been grabbed by the newer ones, I suppose I just see them as Unchartered knock-offs.

I’m tempted by these because I have so many good memories from playing them as a kid. Particularly - was it TR2 with the Great Wall of China and the tigers/attack spiders etc? I’ve never been grabbed by the newer ones, I suppose I just see them as Unchartered knock-offs.
I officialy feel like an old fart now. Started playing the remastered trilogy and decided to download all the ps4 tomb raider games as well. As they are free for my psplus subscription.

Those newer games are really lame. You can’t play for a minute without the game taking over….

In the originals you are left on your own to figure out where to go, how to jump and save yourself.

Yes the controls are clunky, but you have to really play the game. Not have it play by themselves.

Maybe this is an old man rant. I’m 41 but this just struck me today.

Last edited:
I officialy feel like an old fart now. Started playing the remastered trilogy and decided to download all the ps4 tomb raider games as well. As they are free for my psplus subscription.

Those newer games are really lame. You can’t play for a minute without the game taking over….

In the originals you are left on your own to figure out where to go, how to jump and save yourself.

Yes the controls are clunky, but you have to really play the game. Not have it play by themselves.

Maybe this is an old man rant. I’m 41 but this just struck me today.

Any game with delusions of being some sort of 'interactive movie' is an instant turn off for me. If I wanted that if watch Netflix. I want to play a game. Explore at my own pace and figure stuff out for myself.

I realise there are some games that do this very well like I guess The Last of Us etc but it's still not quite my taste.

Last edited:
Currently playing through resident evil 4 remake again but with the new recently released beserker mod its really fantastic, expands so much to the regular game,,but its quite challenging but so much fun😊👍

• Paper Mario Thousand Year Door
A remake for the Switch on the way didn’t stop me from picking up this piece of GameCube goodness for more than what a new AAA game costs. (pssst… Fire Emblem) But there’s a reason why this game is so valuable now and it’s getting the remake treatment: the RPG combat that perfectly blends turn-based strategy with action, combined with light platforming and puzzle-solving in the overworld plus well-written partners for Mario and NPCs and even bosses have me hooked… and I’m not even three chapters (out of 8) in!
Finished Paper Mario TTYD last night. It’s the first non-racing game I’ve really sunk my teeth into in a while, and I think it was an excellent choice of a game.

Being a Mario game and all, it’s fairly approachable, especially by RPG standards: turn-based combat is bridged with action commands and timing-based guards; all the numbers used in and out of combat are small and rarely go into the triple digits or even the high tens; the story is broken up into easy-to-follow chapters (each with their own subplots separate from the main plot).

That’s not to say its value as an RPG is diminished by its simplicity. The difficulty’s overall on the easy side, but there’s still enough strategy and tension during battles, especially bosses, that kept me on my toes. A missed command or (super)guard can and will affect the course of battle. The story isn’t anything groundbreaking and the chapter subplots are resolved by chapter’s end, but there’s worldbuilding and characterization of NPCs and bosses that provide reason to keep going beyond getting the Macguffin. Segues featuring Peach and even Bowser in between chapters help break the pacing, bring the broader story together, and provide some comic relief in the case of Bowser’s sections.

I think the game is very much worth playing whether you’re or Mario fan (which I am a fair bit) or not or an RPG fan (which I am less so) or not. However, like anything GameCube nowadays, it’s definitely on the expensive side (I paid $80 at a local game store, and copies on eBay often go for more... and again, Fire Emblem) and I don’t suggest going out of your way for it unless you’re already a committed GameCube/Nintendo/retro game enthusiast. Hopefully the Switch remake doesn’t stray too far away from the original gameplay, because I recommend waiting for that.

Messed around with planet coaster some more, dont forget to make a custom save lol, as the auto saves for different modes overwrite each other, so i lost some progress at the start of the career because of going back to mess in the sandbox mode afterwards, doh..

Tried to see the limits of building a coaster, i was surprised how tall, fast, big a coaster you can make.
Except it was over limit for customers 🤣, and me too lol, i tried it in onboard cam and had to look away lol, to not feel dizzy.
It's like 45g gravity push, and 140mph 😁.

Surprised no slow down with all the wooden support structure for such a tall coaster, plus shadows for all of it.

But honestly, the base game has a lot of content, seems like they must have added a lot for free.
And the dlcs dont had that much, although some new rides and themed scenery is cool.

But the base game was just on sale for 10 bucks, that's a steal really.
Paid 30 for the complete game, oh well..

Also, noticed some cute details, like visitors if happy enough,,when walking passed an entertainment with music, will start dancing to the beat of it😁,,and changes if another tune.

Last edited:
I just found a nice surprise from my high school years that appeared on Steam yesterday...

Easily one of the greatest space RPGs of the DOS era, and one of the best of all time I'd say if you don't mind a game that doesn't even try to hold your hand and lets you just figure it out on your own. And hey, they released it for free (under a slightly different name cause someone else owns the copyright to the original name but not the game itself, I guess).

Playing NFSHP2(ps2 ver.) at my Poco-Gamesir handheld. I played it at PC emulator for half an hour few years ago, but never thought its SOO much different from PC version. Great experience even by today standards. Biggest drawback is same braindead progression and even more awful UI. Like, after High Stakes and Porsche Unleashed you giving this? How its even possible?

Such a shame, that this was last Golden era game for NFS and closest thing to this is World Racing. At least, we could finally play it as handheld.

Metroid Dread.

Having tried Metroid Prime remastered and found impossible to go back to after a few days away from it, could not remember what was where, where I had been and where I needed to go however with Dread being a 2D game the map seems a lot easier to navigate.

Challenging but still fun at the moment which is a hard balance to get right. Hopefully the difficulty doesn't spike near the end as I really enjoy the gameplay and want to see all this game has to offer without it getting frustrating.

Discovered Marvel Snap during winter holidays, have been playing it since then, I have lots of fun, I really enjoy the game.

Otherwise still playing GT7 while waiting for FF7 rebirth release.

Still playing Helldivers 2, still good fun.

Just pre-ordered the Elden Ring DLC.

FF7 Rebirth is almost here.

Good stuff.

Metroid Dread.

Having tried Metroid Prime remastered and found impossible to go back to after a few days away from it, could not remember what was where, where I had been and where I needed to go however with Dread being a 2D game the map seems a lot easier to navigate.

Challenging but still fun at the moment which is a hard balance to get right. Hopefully the difficulty doesn't spike near the end as I really enjoy the gameplay and want to see all this game has to offer without it getting frustrating.
Both fantastic games, Dread is my favorite 2D Metroid and well Prime is my personal favorite game ever. As for being lost in Prime there is a hint system you can turn on in options if you need to find out where to go, however, if you wander around aimlessly for a certain amount of time the game will show you the objective automatically.

Dread is pretty tough first time playing. When it launched I believe there was no "rookie" mode yet but if you are worried about a difficulty spike I would suggest rookie difficulty to learn the mechanics and boss patterns if you don't want to get frustrated. I am not particularly good at hard games but managed to complete it on normal (again, there was no rookie mode at launch so I had no choice) after many attempts at some bosses.

I am still playing the Tomb Raider I-III Remastered. I completed the first game and started 2. I am pleasantly surprised how much value you get out of these games. I am familiar with the games and know what to do/where to go and all that and still I am over 20 hours in with 1 full game and all 3 expansions to go. Not bad for $30... players new to the games will have a lot of game time for that price.

Last edited:
Both fantastic games, Dread is my favorite 2D Metroid and well Prime is my personal favorite game ever. As for being lost in Prime there is a hint system you can turn on in options if you need to find out where to go, however, if you wander around aimlessly for a certain amount of time the game will show you the objective automatically.

Dread is pretty tough first time playing. When it launched I believe there was no "rookie" mode yet but if you are worried about a difficulty spike I would suggest rookie difficulty to learn the mechanics and boss patterns if you don't want to get frustrated. I am not particularly good at hard games but managed to complete it on normal (again, there was no rookie mode at launch so I had no choice) after many attempts at some bosses.

I am still playing the Tomb Raider I-III Remastered. I completed the first game and started 2. I am pleasantly surprised how much value you get out of these games. I am familiar with the games and know what to do/where to go and all that and still I am over 20 hours in with 1 full game and all 3 expansions to go. Not bad for $30... players new to the games will have a lot of game time for that price.

I don't remember metroid prime ever showing me where to go automatically after a while to be honest, might have just missed it.
It was more the case of the game being a massive labyrinth and when I didn't play for 5/6 days it was extremely hard to get back into.

Having no such issues with Dread, the 2d map is a lot easier to navigate than the 3d map in Prime for me.

Since planet coaster put me in the mood for building/management games, i started frostpunk, really cool game too, very different and bleaker, another well done game it seems.

Been also thinkering with jurassic world evolution 1 a little, still at near the beginning.
Its a nice game, if less deep maybe, but good for getting into this type of game.
And there is the dinos with ai for them as a plus.
Too many games, hard to get far into any particular one.

Looking forward to planet zoo coming to console as well soon end of march.

Edit: i almost got the dlc bundle for frostpunk on sale at 8 bucks only on psn, but decided to wait still, to see if ill have enough with the base game.
I know the sequel also is coming soon.

Last edited:
Back