What games are you playing now?

  • Thread starter Thread starter F1 fan
  • 7,562 comments
  • 697,056 views
It was a bit of a slow starter yeah, but once the map really starts to open up it becomes breathtaking, in looks and in the sheer abundance of things you can do not even touching the main game.. it’s an unbelievable masterpiece in my eyes.
 
I finished the main story in Dave the Diver. Very endearing and fun game, and easily among the best games I've played. 9/10 and I'll get the In the Jungle expansion.
 
Yesterday started with Mortal Shell II.
Great game, after 5 hours good impressions.
It looks very good even on Performance mode mode on PS5 Pro, the mode I usually never use - always Quality.

1a028f46c6589-screenshotUrl.webp

1a028f4ceb595-screenshotUrl.webp

1a028f57b0571-screenshotUrl.webp

1a028f5cc4f7-screenshotUrl.webp


I moron sold my default Shell so I had to walk around mortal until I found new one.

Finally I'll take break from GT7.
 
Since Dave the Diver includes as a minigame a light version of Balatro, I downloaded the real thing through Game Pass... but I'm not feeling it.
 
Resubbed to PS Plus for a month and got a discount for Premium. Had a play through the first few hours of Spider-Man Remastered via the streaming option. Really quite impressive considering I don't have the fastest broadband. The max graphics / 40 fps option looked very much like the native downloaded version for the most part. Maybe when they get rid of downloads as well as physical and streaming is the only choice it won't be absolutely awful. Game itself is still great fun as well, particularly at the beginning. My favourite superhero game and probably top 10 overall.
 
Halo 5: Guardians - Never played the campaign, only the short lived(?) PC multiplayer version that wasn't much. Kept forgetting that my Master Chief collection case had the disk for it as we only had the digital copy on my brother's account. (Thanks Microsoft for not letting people play the same game on a shared console)

Agent 64 - Enjoyable co-op campaign and multiplayer mode with bots. Still getting used to it, but certainly has the feel of the classic N64 shooters.

The House of the Dead remake - Voice acting is still fairly cheesy, but no where near as enjoyable as the original. Amused by the ragdoll physics, but man does it manage to be an ugly game in the wrong ways. Something about the remake of it feels off.

Astro Bot - Finally picked up the game after enjoying Playroom closer to the launch of the PS5. Bit of FOMO feeling after the announcment of no more physical discs.

Gunz: The Duel - It's finally returned on Steam! Been waiting on this and Drift City since the new owners announced them coming to Steam. And...it's got AI artwork, typical free to play/pay to win, and time limited usage of in game items. Already at the point of not bothering to continue with it.

Deep Rock Galactic - Still playing this game nearly daily with my brother. Pretty sure this will be a very long term favorite of ours until we finally run out of unlocks. Maybe... Put over 500 hours into this since starting last year.
 
Skyrim. I've lost count of how many times I've played this to conclusion but I'm doing it again. That's on my PS5 pro. I have a daily race around Road America in Forza Motorsport on either my xbox series X or my gaming PC. Back to the PS5 pro World of Warship Legends in which I'm enjoying the modern battles with Missile destroyers.
 
Automobilista 2 on PC. Had to buy 1TB portable drive to install this game first due to my laptop's 500GB wasn't enough to fit this game (FH6 took 1/3 of my laptop storage). After the game was installed on my portable drive, I finally played AMS 2 for the first time.
If you're getting into AMS2, take a look at this companion app, which has a complete career structure: https://www.overtake.gg/downloads/race-pace-a-living-career-app.81848/

Just a piece of advice with it, use AMS2 in borderless windowed mode, it'll stop the screen going black when you alt-tab between the two.
 
Resonance: A Plague Tale Legacy - Loving it so far, it feels inspired by Tomb Raider and Uncharted in some ways (the level design, puzzles and even dialogue between characters for example feels familiar) but with fantastic sword fighting mechanics. I am pleasantly surprised by that considering the first two Plague Tale games were action/stealth games with almost no combat or platforming. Resonance is gorgeous, with good voice acting and storytelling.

I feel like these Plague Tale games are underrated, but absolutely worth checking out all three of them.
 
Resonance: A Plague Tale Legacy - Loving it so far, it feels inspired by Tomb Raider and Uncharted in some ways (the level design, puzzles and even dialogue between characters for example feels familiar) but with fantastic sword fighting mechanics. I am pleasantly surprised by that considering the first two Plague Tale games were action/stealth games with almost no combat or platforming. Resonance is gorgeous, with good voice acting and storytelling.

I feel like these Plague Tale games are underrated, but absolutely worth checking out all three of them.
Loved the first 2 games.

This one hasnt grabbed my attention as much from what ive seen so far but will will definately be picking this up down the road on sale.
 
I finished the main campaign of Zombie War 4 in 13 hours. So much fun, keep doing them Rebellion. And now I have extra content to play through.
 
Monster Train. Bought it on a whim, knowing next to nothing about it. And I'm completed addicted at the moment. Honestly might prefer it over Slay the Spire.
 
Now, as of a few days ago, I am playing Star Wars Battlefront II (2005) on Xbox. This game has been on my mind for months now since I've been seeing a lot of mods for it. What I want to do is just get familiar with the game the way I've always known it again and then play the PC version with a bunch of mods, something I have been meaning to do for a long time now. Though I am not going to lie, while I love this game, I don't know if I will go through with it yet because I feel like I could be doing something better right now, but I have yet to figure out what it is. So unless I figure it out, I am just going to play this game for the time being.
Following up on this, despite what I said near the end, I played this game on Xbox quite substantially and had a lot of fun with it, to the point I kind of think I overdid it. I guess I just needed to get used to the change of pace since I had been playing racing games for months by the time I came back to this game. 🤷

As of Monday, I finally made the jump to the PC version and I must say, it's taking a bit of getting used to, but it's fun. I figured out last night I think the reason I am struggling, besides the larger amount of AI units, is because it doesn't have aim assist like the console versions do, but fortunately I am adapting. Feels great to play with a controller at 60 fps with more units on screen. Going to play the game normally for the time being, not sure how long, and then eventually I am going to install a bunch of mods and play them. Looking forward to playing some custom maps!
 
I've been quiet recently because I've been bouncing around between some Armoured Core (including Formula Front International on my Vita) and Ace Combat games but have settled recently on MGS: Peace Walker because I bought Master Collection Volume 2 on release when I heard they both run well on Steam Deck. I did dip into MGS 4 as well but I've been playing Peace Walker for a few hours a night since day one, it's kind of a mixed bag but it's good overall. I forgot how grindy and repetitive it is, but then again that's what you want sometimes.
 
MLB The Show as it's one of the free PS Plus games this month. Haven't played any of the recent versions. Can't hit to save my life so I mostly stick to creating pitchers in RTTS. Might give the Sniper Elite game a go as well, shooting Nazis in the nuts is always a good time.
 
Does anyone play Arma Reforger?

It's getting a rally DLC. Why? I don't know.

Rally brings racing to Arma Reforger: three purpose-built rally variants of the civilian cars you already know, six stages across all three islands, and nothing at all to shoot at. Just a stopwatch, a gearbox, and the tree you are about to find.
 
Started with Onimusha: Way of the Sword

1a06dbce2fe13-screenshotUrl.webp


Defeated first boss and it's a another great game, this one like Nioh series.
Today is D1 so I had to try it, although I'm still occupied with game below.

It's completely different than Mortal Shell II, that I finished first time last night, after 68:40h of gameplay.

Not sure will I tomorrow morning continue with Onimusha, or came back to NG+ of Mortal Shell II with Gragu. First playthrough was with Tiel.

And ofc, playing GT7 a lot, combined with any other game I play.
 
Just waiting for Wolverine.

In the meantime I finished most of the objectives in Stardew Valley, became so slow in GT7 dailies that I deleted the game again, finished another couple of seasons of Formula Legends (Martin Brundle now a 2 time champion), started a new alternate universe career in F1 Manager 24 to make Piastri stay an Alpine and win the title there, tried & scrapped Horizon Zero Dawn and RDR2 again, tried a few of the PS Plus games via streaming (suck it Xbox). I think I'm in one of my ADHD gaming phases :boggled:.
 
MW5 Mercs and otherwise just poking my nose into random things like Project Cars 2&3 currently.
 
MTB games, so Mavrix, Descenders and Riders Republic.
 
VXR
MTB games, so Mavrix, Descenders and Riders Republic.
This triggered a forgotten memory for me, a PS2 game called Downhill Domination. What a fun game, it was like SSX snowboarding with bikes. Even had license bikes from Trek, Giant and Specialized.

I have to try some modern biking games, Mavrix looks pretty cool so may give that a go.
 
A long time ago... (2016)
...in a galaxy far far away (with 5 quintillion planets)...
There was an undercooked space exploration game lambasted on release.

10 years later...
 
Happy National Video Games Day 2026 everyone! (...in the UK)
20260912_135732.webp
20260912_135838.webp


I may have to kick a small person off the seat to play though (just kidding!)
20260912_133500.webp
20260912_133344.webp
20260912_133337.webp
 
I'm hooked on Peace Walker again, and it's going much the same way as it did the last time - I've done almost all the "easy" stuff, so I'm looking at settling into a grind for callsigns and insignias, but I somehow doubt I'll get all of them (since half of them involve online play and I haven't managed to play a single game online yet, and there's a lot of PvP stuff which I assume I'll struggle with) so I wonder if there's any point doing any of it. I'll probably keep going for a bit at least.
 
Yesterday finished Onimusha Way of the Sword playthrough for 44h.
Now ejected the disc bcs new, ultimate Carnage difficulty doesn't rewarding enough, and since I upgraded everything in first run, not happy to lose it now when I need it most.
Same goes for trophies, I collected 45/52 and no real motivation and I'm not trophy hunter, only thinking they didn't work out with list well.

But the main reason is that in Tuesday is coming Wolverine and no chance I could finish Onimusha before, although I did 44h from 4th to 11th.
And I don't like to change disc's, when I start with something, no going out of PS5.

And I started to spend some more time with GT7 again.
 
Seen in my current game...

1789317853109.webp


The game is Fallout 4 (the GOTY edition)

Did you guess correctly?
 
Started with Marvel's Wolverine.

For the opening two hours, I must say this is the one of the most enjoyable starting of some story, and here is even at the very beginning, fantastic!
Brutal, action pumped gameplay is pure brilliance at every aspect.
First boss fight, against Omega Red, is something special, it took me about 15-20 minutes to finish it!
From five difficulty settings, I'm playing on the third, middle one, The Mutant.
On the PS5 Pro, graphics are just near photorealistic even on Performance mode with 60fps. But there is Fidelity mode too, with even better graphics on the cost of 30fps.

If you want to play something special, then pick up Wolverine ASAP.

1a0a52ef58413-screenshotUrl.webp
 
Last edited:
Dave the Diver's Into the Jungle expansion. I'm also near the endgame in a Cyberpunk 2077 corpo run as fem V (on PC).

Update: Well, I "finished" my corpo run by opting to get the worst (or one of the worst) possible endings Spoiler: I opted for suicide and I got cutscenes of goodbye/FU messages from friends and allies during the credits rollout. Of course, with a save point before the point of no return (take note Cyberpunk rookies) I could opt for other endings, but there is something that doesn't feel right with my corpo build... So I may restart with Street Kid/male V build next time.
 
Last edited:
Back