What games are you playing now?

• Thread starter F1 fan
  • 5,822 comments
Personally a big part of what I really enjoyed was that initial sense of hopelessness that I got when I first played F3. Coming out of the vault into a demolished and desolate wasteland. I didn't get that coming to a pretty heavily populated Mojave. I also felt that NV forced me to be either a very good or bad character with the faction system. I liked being more of an ambiguous figure in F3, although I have to admit that the karma portion of the game was a little better in NV. New Vegas definitely is a better game as far as mechanics are concerned but it just didn't captivate me.

Fair points. I just preferred the atmosphere of New Vegas. And the fact that the radscorpion didn't sneak on me when I was a level 5 character. I played fallout 3 around the same time as I played dead space, and that part terrified me more than anything in dead space did.

I played fallout 3 around the same time as I played dead space, and that part terrified me more than anything in dead space did.

That first time you see a Deathclaw <3 I remember fearing for my characters life even though I spotted it hulking in a church at range. Managed to pick it off with a hunting rifle just as it got in to melee range and took the swing he hit the ground. Haven't played NV because I spent so much time on 3 I just couldn't see myself getting the same levels of enjoyment from such a similar title, so much the same but it wouldn't feel the same.

As for games I'm playing currently, pretty much exclusively the free to play Spiral Knights which I've become addicted to so every night after work I'm on that 👍.

Bethesda did a great job of creating some terrifying creatures. I would recommend New Vegas to anyone who enjoyed Fallout 3. I am currently anticipating 3 games. F12011, ESV: Skyrim and the new Hitman (more cautious on this one).

One thing that worries me about Skyrim are the spiders. I'm terribly arachnophobic. It wouldn't surprise me if there were a few "Giant" spiders out there.

Fair points. I just preferred the atmosphere of New Vegas. And the fact that the radscorpion didn't sneak on me when I was a level 5 character. I played fallout 3 around the same time as I played dead space, and that part terrified me more than anything in dead space did.

Haha yeah there where some really nasty creatures ready to ruin your day in F3. That was one of the things I really dug about it, made you really feel vulnerable and and scared to venture but at the same time the rewards where good if you did. NV does a better job at easing the player into the game but half the fun for me was that survivalist thing. The only truly scary thing is the Deathclaw nest and by the time I got there, I had a stealthboy and a sniper rife so I just perched myself onto of the tower and picked them off one by one. Anyway not a terrible game by any stretch, I still sunk 40 plus hours into it, I was just expecting a little more from it.

F1 fan
Bethesda did a great job of creating some terrifying creatures. I would recommend New Vegas to anyone who enjoyed Fallout 3. I am currently anticipating 3 games. F12011, ESV: Skyrim and the new Hitman (more cautious on this one).

One thing that worries me about Skyrim are the spiders. I'm terribly arachnophobic. It wouldn't surprise me if there were a few "Giant" spiders out there.

Same. I hated the monsters on Fallout 3 though. Skyrim looks amazing; but I just hope I'll be able to get it! :P

Same. I hated the monsters on Fallout 3 though. Skyrim looks amazing; but I just hope I'll be able to get it! :P

Oblivion was the game that really got me into RPG's. I flirted with them for years. Occasionally coming across one that I loved. The first time I got oblivion, I got impatient and was bored. I traded it in. About a year and a half later, I decided to try it again and was hooked.

I just 'finished' Marvel vs. Capcom 3's arcade mode, as in, finished it with every character. And boy, I do suck horribly at this game. The medium AI already deafeats me from time to time :lol:

Gotta find another cheap way to pass time till mid October...

Whatever iPad app that ceases to amuse me for a day or so. Completely finished cut the rope and a few other games... And Cathrine. Amazing game and story line.

Waiting to get home and in to some Black Ops maybe some MW2. I always have urges to play F3 and the chat in this has made me want too, but I load it up and remember... Ive done everything :'(. Best game I've ever bought. Spent countless days in front of my old tv headphones in playing it.

Skyrim looks good, I hope they make a Fallout: 5 with a similar story to F3. Very very gripping. I loved everything about it, from the long walks through the wrecked subway systems to finding bobble heads in completely random locations. There's two things that scare me about the game, one is in the DLC, is it muddy or misty point? Where you are abducted searching for a little girl, and get sucked in to a cult against a ghoul. Anyway, every part of that scared me, the deformed locals, the drugs and hostility. I just loved it. Then there's the bug *facepalm* where you get stuck in a room if you don't have 80 science. >_< got me stuck on my second account.

And the hostility of the vaults. The Gary vault was creepy. So was the visual town where you find Dad. Makes me cringe and smile. :D words just can't explain the detail, length, loneliness and vast landscape that is Fallout 3... But now I'm rambling on.

Looking forward to Saints: The Third. Enjoyed SR 2, the main FPS MW3 and BF3.

Last edited:
I recently bought Mega Man X Collection, and I'm currently playing Mega Man X3 on that. I beat Mega Man X and Mega Man X2 already. It took me two days to beat each of them. But man, Mega Man games have a lot of replay value. I did the final levels of X2 again not long after I beat it, and I enjoyed every bit of it. :D

Portal 2 Co-op and Dead Space Extraction completed. Will be getting into co-op COD MW2 and Medal Of Honor Frontline later on.

Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition..lol

I wasn't actually aware of this until yesterday when I saw it in a store. What exactly sets it apart from Super Street Fighter IV? I love SFIV and SSFIV, but it would take a lot of new content or some big changes to make me buy the arcarde version.

Then there's the bug *facepalm* where you get stuck in a room if you don't have 80 science. >_< got me stuck on my second account.

Was that in New Vegas? I remember in New Vegas, I spent an hour stuck in a room as my Science skill wasn't high enough to leave. Maybe the details are a little hazy as it was over 8 months ago, but I remember I eventually found a way out.

I wasn't actually aware of this until yesterday when I saw it in a store. What exactly sets it apart from Super Street Fighter IV? I love SFIV and SSFIV, but it would take a lot of new content or some big changes to make me buy the arcarde version.

You get 4 new characters ( Twins from Third Strike, Oni-Akuma, Evil Ryu, probably a new replay channel, rebalancing to characters.) Though there is going to be a free updated version of SSFIV:AE coming out in December. SSFIV:AE 2012 edition.
I am now playing:
SSFIV:AE, SF:3SO, Tekken 6, and COD:MW2

F1 fan

Then there's the bug *facepalm* where you get stuck in a room if you don't have 80 science. >_< got me stuck on my second account.

Was that in New Vegas? I remember in New Vegas, I spent an hour stuck in a room as my Science skill wasn't high enough to leave. Maybe the details are a little hazy as it was over 8 months ago, but I remember I eventually found a way out.

No, no F3 in one of the DLC missions. You have to find a secret room hidden by the commies to gain access to the unique level action rifle. Except when you get it, the door closes and a message is played saying that you're going to have to die because you know too much information. You shut off the power to the gas vent, but then can't get out. >_<

I spent 3 hours trying to climb pipes in the room etc to find another way out.

The mission is a side mission, you find it in the motel, its a Communist spy mission, and you decide to complete it. There's a lot to the small mission.

God, I remember the mission off by heart, goes to show my life :P

You get 4 new characters ( Twins from Third Strike, Oni-Akuma, Evil Ryu, probably a new replay channel, rebalancing to characters.) Though there is going to be a free updated version of SSFIV:AE coming out in December. SSFIV:AE 2012 edition.
I am now playing:
SSFIV:AE, SF:3SO, Tekken 6, and COD:MW2

Not really a hardcore fighting games fan to warrant buying the same game again but then there is Evil Ryu... *tempted*

No, no F3 in one of the DLC missions. You have to find a secret room hidden by the commies to gain access to the unique level action rifle. Except when you get it, the door closes and a message is played saying that you're going to have to die because you know too much information. You shut off the power to the gas vent, but then can't get out. >_<

I spent 3 hours trying to climb pipes in the room etc to find another way out.

The mission is a side mission, you find it in the motel, its a Communist spy mission, and you decide to complete it. There's a lot to the small mission.

God, I remember the mission off by heart, goes to show my life :P

Sounds frustrating. The first RPG I not only enjoyed, but loved was Star Wars KOTOR. I made the rookie mistake of having only one save file and wound up on the outside of a locked door with only one way to go. My characters were weak, we didn't have much in the way of supplies and we had to beat this evil jedi and his two henchmen. I came so close, but couldn't do it. That was the end of the game for me.

Its a DLC also ( 15 dollars? 1200MS points). If you buy the disc, you also get the costume packs for those characters. If you haven't picked up Super, then the disc version is a way to go. 👍

Last edited:
So I finished Duke the other day. I honestly can't recommend this game to anyone... at all. Not the send off that Duke deserves. I also got through Bastion the other day. That I can recommend. What a brilliant little game.

So anyway, still playing Fallout 3 but it has sort of fallen to the wayside as I started playing these two titles:

deuhumanrevolutionpc.jpg

Deus Ex Human Revolution Only about 2 hours in so far and I'm really digging it. Enjoying the difficulty level of this game as it really forces you to think hard about the best way to approach situations.

dragonage2pc.jpg

Dragon Age 2 Only right at the start of this as well so I don't really have a good grasp so far of the game however I have noticed some changes to the combat mechanics and dialogue from Origins which don't quite gel. I have heard some pretty bad reviews of it so I have some very low expectations at present.

The demo of Duke told me that it was just a rental. Though to me, I thought of it as a remake of one of his old games.

I am getting owned in Street Fighter: Third Strike Online..

Currently playing:-

Deus Ex: Human Rvolution
GT5
Mass Effect 2
Dead Space 2

The demo of Duke told me that it was just a rental. Though to me, I thought of it as a remake of one of his old games.

I don't think it should even be a rental honestly. I really did want to like this game but it's just terrible.

Completed Medal Of Honor Frontline HD. This remake has some of the cheapest enemies I've ever encountered in a game. You'll get hit with enemy fire no matter what, hide behind cover with absolutely no way for the enemy to see you and you'll be spotted and still get hit with random spray enemy fire.

I think I'm going to jump back into Need For Speed Hot Pursuit 3, as I've put it off for far too long.

Latest Posts

Back