What games are you playing now?

• Thread starter F1 fan
  • 5,775 comments
Cricket 22. It's a buggy mess but still fun, and I can play during my lunch break as it's streamable on GPU. Just doing career mode so I only have to learn the controls for one type of player. Tried a few options but ended up with the usual English clone of Shane Warne, I've made the same character in cricket games for as long as I can remember. Let's see if I can get into the Test team ahead of Leach.

I got really tired of the latest Forzas' annoying stuff with the rare cars, so I finally decided to stop playing it (knowing there are ways to get the unique, rare cars, I'm not worrying too much anymore).

I got an RTX 2060 12GB, and it runs Xenia well enough. Maybe even my GTX 1060 could run it, but I didn't try because I thought it would run similarly to the PS3 emulator on my PC, as in not very well. I still have my copies of Gran Turismo 5 and 6, and when I got a PS3 recently to play them, I also bought Midnight Club L.A., but on the emulator none of them had good performance with the GTX. Still don't have with the RTX, for that one my CPU is the problem.

So I looked for a copy of the first Forza Horizon to play on Xenia. It can run 60fps, but sometimes it gets a little heavy and can't maintain it... as in, it's like between 60 and 59 it feels, the FPS reading barely moves, but the hud glitches out. So I'm keeping it at 30. Can't raise internal resolution but at least I can have FSR to smooth out the edges a bit. Just a shame using vinyls glitches out the car's textures, the street races would be fun with 'em, since on this one the opponents actually used bodykits (and seemed to focus on using cars with unique ones), they really looked like street racers. They didn't use liveries, but still... I mean, I guess I do at least have the bugged offset dual stripe outline shadows on the car's hood, from rendering issues.

The first Saints Row runs fine too. And I'm thinking I can map the analog stick to my controller's touchpad, and B to pressing on it, which would solve the horrible shooting controls the first game had.

Also played Horizon Chase a bit. Me and my brother got kinda far when playing on his PS4 some years ago, but then he moved house and we didn't play again. Now I have it on Steam.

And this happened:

I got really tired of the latest Forzas' annoying stuff with the rare cars, so I finally decided to stop playing it (knowing there are ways to get the unique, rare cars, I'm not worrying too much anymore).

I got an RTX 2060 12GB, and it runs Xenia well enough. Maybe even my GTX 1060 could run it, but I didn't try because I thought it would run similarly to the PS3 emulator on my PC, as in not very well. I still have my copies of Gran Turismo 5 and 6, and when I got a PS3 recently to play them, I also bought Midnight Club L.A., but on the emulator none of them had good performance with the GTX. Still don't have with the RTX, for that one my CPU is the problem.

So I looked for a copy of the first Forza Horizon to play on Xenia. It can run 60fps, but sometimes it gets a little heavy and can't maintain it... as in, it's like between 60 and 59 it feels, the FPS reading barely moves, but the hud glitches out. So I'm keeping it at 30. Can't raise internal resolution but at least I can have FSR to smooth out the edges a bit. Just a shame using vinyls glitches out the car's textures, the street races would be fun with 'em, since on this one the opponents actually used bodykits (and seemed to focus on using cars with unique ones), they really looked like street racers. They didn't use liveries, but still... I mean, I guess I do at least have the bugged offset dual stripe outline shadows on the car's hood, from rendering issues.

The first Saints Row runs fine too. And I'm thinking I can map the analog stick to my controller's touchpad, and B to pressing on it, which would solve the horrible shooting controls the first game had.

Also played Horizon Chase a bit. Me and my brother got kinda far when playing on his PS4 some years ago, but then he moved house and we didn't play again. Now I have it on Steam.

And this happened:

Fab game Horizon Chase, it's a shame that nobody seems to talk about it here on GTP.

Fab game Horizon Chase, it's a shame that nobody seems to talk about it here on GTP.
I have got to be honest: I have never heard of it until I just read the last two posts.

Just had a quick Google and I really like the look of it, just added it to my wishlist to pick up once I have worked through some of my gaming backlog!

• Ghost Recon Wildlands
  • MWII
  • Breath of the Wild
    • I really need to finish my second playthrough.

I completed my "World Championship" challenge of "Blake Stone: Planet Strike" tonight! Here are the measures:

• all points collected in every area (except Secret stages)
  • all informants alive in every area (except Secret stages)
  • all enemies killed in every area (except Secret stages)

Clearing Secret areas were not required to get 100% completion of the game. I was totally stumped at trying to clear one of the Secret areas because the enemies I needed to defeat didn't show up, so I went ahead to the final area and went straight to the final section. I had to do a lot of quick saves because it isn't easy trying to go through the game while trying to find all the health items and energy ammo packs to even stay alive. I did "Blake Stone: Planet Strike" because I got pretty far doing my "World Championship" challenge as opposed to its predecessor, "Blake Stone: Aliens of Gold." It took about two weeks to clear, but I did it! Maybe I'll try to clear that one extra Secret stage in the future, but I'll enjoy 100% completion of the game for now! :D

WRC Generations.
Should be working through the career modes, but instead I'm hoovering up the accolades to get my level up... 😂

Picked up PC Building Simulator 2 while i wait for the replacement motherboard of my actual PC to come in, and while it's mostly a more polished version of the original I'm still liking the new features that were added. It's actually pretty neat that doing watercooling actually involves taking the graphics card apart and installing the block on it rather than the game saying "here, just buy this pre-assembled one", being able to build custom systems outside of career jobs and sell them is fun too and gives all those used parts you collect a good use, and while case customizing is mostly rudimentary, spraying a low end system pink and selling it as the BARBIE x FORTNITE MEGAPOWER PC makes me feel like a proper wish.com reseller scumbag. :lol:

Started Oxenfree the night before last and finished it tonight, I really enjoyed it, it's a creepy cosmic horror kind of thing a bit like Stranger Things or Dark (I'm pretty sure it was heavily inspired by the latter, which is no bad thing) or even Control, but the gameplay is quite simple. I definitely didn't fully understand it.

Then I moved on to my third attempt to get into Ruiner. The tutorial mission went well, it feels like a great fit for the Deck, but then the fan ramped way up during the first dialogue screens as I reached Rengkok, turning all the settings down and resolution scale to 60% didn't fix it. I doubt it's one I want to play at 30fps but I might try 40. Shame, though, it must be really poorly optimised. I mean OK, it's a pretty game to look at, but it's an isometric twin stick shooter and it's producing more heat than most games I've played so far.

Still pushing through NFS Heat, I've also played a bit more Into the Breach and Lonely Mountains Downhill, not to mention Shapez but that's starting to chug too as my machines are increasing in complexity. Oh and I attempted Duskers but it absolutely requires a full keyboard, there's no way I'm going to try to play it without one.

Started Oxenfree the night before last and finished it tonight, I really enjoyed it, it's a creepy cosmic horror kind of thing a bit like Stranger Things or Dark (I'm pretty sure it was heavily inspired by the latter, which is no bad thing) or even Control, but the gameplay is quite simple. I definitely didn't fully understand it.

Then I moved on to my third attempt to get into Ruiner. The tutorial mission went well, it feels like a great fit for the Deck, but then the fan ramped way up during the first dialogue screens as I reached Rengkok, turning all the settings down and resolution scale to 60% didn't fix it. I doubt it's one I want to play at 30fps but I might try 40. Shame, though, it must be really poorly optimised. I mean OK, it's a pretty game to look at, but it's an isometric twin stick shooter and it's producing more heat than most games I've played so far.

Still pushing through NFS Heat, I've also played a bit more Into the Breach and Lonely Mountains Downhill, not to mention Shapez but that's starting to chug too as my machines are increasing in complexity. Oh and I attempted Duskers but it absolutely requires a full keyboard, there's no way I'm going to try to play it without one.
I have ruiner on ps4, runs fine.
Pretty challenging game seems, looks cool with the tactical moves in advance you can do.
I was into it a long while ago then i forgot about it.

11-4-2022_6-20-18_PM-eh2lrtld.png
11-5-2022_7-40-58_PM-sulhfo2x.png
10-26-2022_12-12-13_PM-lyj5ae1z.png

I was going for 100% completion for all three licenses, but turns out I can only get up to 75% on the Big Surf Island unless I go online, and that kinda killed my whole vibe.

Anyway, time for Burnout Revenge 😎

I have ruiner on ps4, runs fine.
Pretty challenging game seems, looks cool with the tactical moves in advance you can do.
I was into it a long while ago then i forgot about it.
Seems it runs at 30fps on PS4, I was getting a fairly stable 60fps in the tutorial but in the end I've set everything to low, dropped the resolution scale to 80% and limited it to 40fps and it's much more stable, consumes much less power (10-12W instead of 25-27, which is the limit), it's almost as smooth and looks good enough for me. I'm up to what I guess is the last stage now, it's a decent game but not exactly a hidden (more like forgotten, I remember there being a decent bit of buzz about it in 2016) gem or anything, just... Good, and a good fit for the Steam Deck too.

Beat CoDMWII campaign. While story is unimpressive stupid pile of clichés, characters and gameplay making it good enough to continue. I
Will probably check it out when it's heavily discounted as I don't have interest in the multiplayer (am crap at it) but I do enjoy their campaign gameplay loop (it doesn't require a lot of talent, lol, but is usually boombastic and visually impressive).

Have a started a new Master League save on PES 2021 after getting bored of FIFA's gameplay and losing interest in the new eFootball. PES 2021 remains the benchmark for football games with some very immersive gameplay and often stunning graphics. What it might lose in licenses can be fixed to some extent with external downloads and it just makes up for it when playing the game, going back to FIFA afterwards is genuinely funny.

Just seen that it is down to £3 on PS Store, so I think I'll be picking that up in the very near future for play at a later date!
WRC Generations.
Should be working through the career modes, but instead I'm hoovering up the accolades to get my level up... 😂
How do you rate it? I have played the previous WRC titles, but always find myself back at Dirt Rally/Dirt Rally 2.
Still pushing through NFS Heat
That is what I am playing at the moment, really enjoying it.
Beat CoDMWII campaign. While story is unimpressive stupid pile of clichés, characters and gameplay making it good enough to continue.
I really enjoyed the most recent Modern Warfare campaign, so was hoping that MWII would be half decent. Will be waiting for it to go cheap and, in the meantime, hoping that the stop support for Warzone 1 so the updates stop messing up my MW save.

It's surprisingly good, if you ignore the story at least. I originally played it through EA Play when they did a "79p for the first month" promotion, I played that, Battlefront 2, Squadrons and Jedi: Fallen Order (and probably posted about all three here) all in that one month so when Heat was on sale recently for £3 I grabbed it with both hands and then got the DLC (which was more expensive than the game at £3.99) a bit later - the F1 has become my favourite car in the game but I can't tell if that's to make the purchase more worthwhile or if it's because it's actually a good car.

It's surprisingly good, if you ignore the story at least.
I played through the story, but didn't really pay much attention to it (if that makes sense): I just want to unlock the best cars then have some fun with them.

Got a few mates on XBox and the cross-platform play works really well on Heat, so done quite a bit of that.

Just finished Ghost of Tsushima main story first playthrough on Lethal difficulty level, I must say this was more than pleasant experience that got me hooked up, it was very long since I enjoyed a game from start to finish, hoping that there will be part II.

Only thing I’d improve is make it more punishing, being a Souls series fan I like when the game makes you suffer.

Last edited:
Only thing I’d improve is make it more punishing, being a Souls series fan I like when the game makes you suffer.
I found the Iki island segment a bit more challenging than the main game as the enemies are a bit tougher.

Loved the game though, I'd be interested in a part two as well.

I found the Iki island segment a bit more challenging than the main game as the enemies are a bit tougher.

Loved the game though, I'd be interested in a part two as well.
Iki island I’m starting know! Thanks for the heads up, I love the extra challenge.

I have finished Scarlet Nexus and I did not enjoy it. It had some nice elements and visuals, but the story - and especially the dialogues - were a bit too childish and morally correct to me. They clearly made the game too long for what they had to offer as well.
wyGYZXl.jpg

Orlgfsd.jpg

ouJuOYr.jpg

J4677DR.jpg

DSItszM.jpg

ZJWhfom.jpg

nNOq0At.jpg

BKMnDew.jpg

86KBp19.jpg

ghuPNPM.jpg

Next, I went and finished Tinykin. Perfect game to unwind at the end of the day. Nice and fun.
h5axm9D.jpg

HYBmbiv.jpg

XCFjp2T.jpg

I'm currently playing Citizen Sleeper, which is turning out to be a nice surprise as well. I'd have never expected to enjoy a TTRPG.

I'm currently playing Citizen Sleeper, which is turning out to be a nice surprise as well. I'd have never expected to enjoy a TTRPG.
I absolutely loved Citizen Sleeper, I'm waiting for the third free episode before I go back to it and also fighting the temptation to replay it over and over, it'd be a great game to revisit regularly and have a different experience every time.

Just seen that it is down to £3 on PS Store, so I think I'll be picking that up in the very near future for play at a later date!

How do you rate it? I have played the previous WRC titles, but always find myself back at Dirt Rally/Dirt Rally 2.

I really enjoyed the most recent Modern Warfare campaign, so was hoping that MWII would be half decent. Will be waiting for it to go cheap and, in the meantime, hoping that the stop support for Warzone 1 so the updates stop messing up my MW save.
It still has its quirks for sure (camera settings not saving properly for one), the new leagues mode adds much replayability with the daily and weekly challenges being similar to DR2.
Handling is quite different this year, all cars have more weight and need to brake earlier, the hybrid cars in the main WRC are an added variable due to the impact of the hybrid "turbo boost"...

Run GIF by Challenger

Initial investment in setting up the handling is still needed (whereas not so much is needed to setup DR2 handling) but if anything it's more satisfying when you get it dialed in right.

Wheels not yet working in some cases on console (I use controller though) and some ffb issues (lack of ground feedback) on some surfaces.

On the Series S, the graphics are bright and lots of tracks side detail on the recently done rallies, DR2 graphics are starting to age now i think but were pretty good at time of release.

If they get the ffb sorted with the 15 Nov fix this could be a decent finale for KT. Plus its <£40 new on release which is cheap for 2022!

Don't know if anyone cares but I've started playing Sonic Frontiers. I haven't played a Sonic game for at least a decade, and even then it was only for one level on the PS3 version of Unleashed as a bit of a joke. Anyway, I didn't really know what I was doing due to my limited experience but to my surprise, I didn't suck at it and was hooked almost immediately. The scenery is nothing short of picturesque, the music has a cinematic quality to it, the writing isn't cringe, the voice acting seems a lot more natural, the world design is totally original and the weather effects are fantastic. Oh and the gameplay is good too, even if the game does a lot of the work for you. I really like it and I'd recommend it to anybody, whether they like Sonic or not. If a hardcore sim racer can enjoy it, anyone can.

Last edited:
It still has its quirks for sure (camera settings not saving properly for one), the new leagues mode adds much replayability with the daily and weekly challenges being similar to DR2.
Handling is quite different this year, all cars have more weight and need to brake earlier, the hybrid cars in the main WRC are an added variable due to the impact of the hybrid "turbo boost"...

Run GIF by Challenger

Initial investment in setting up the handling is still needed (whereas not so much is needed to setup DR2 handling) but if anything it's more satisfying when you get it dialed in right.

Wheels not yet working in some cases on console (I use controller though) and some ffb issues (lack of ground feedback) on some surfaces.
Thanks for that, I am a controller player too so definitely more interested to know how it plays that way. I rarely touch the setup in DR2 (I know I should as there is more speed to find that way!), but good to know you can get it to work well.

The hybrid cars have been pretty impressive this year, so I hope they are well represented in game. Have they done much with the audio? (specifically the car audio) That has been a huge weak spot in the recent games in my personal opinion.

I've been playing Burnout Revenge (as I said I would) and it seems like I'm swinging back and forth between getting head over heels for it and absolutely hating every single thing about it.

Currently trying to traffic check 100 vehicles in Angel Valley and I'm knee deep in the angry phase. Like seriously how many big rigs and public transit could a single suburban hellhole possibly need? Half the population of Angel Valley must be working as a trucker, I swear.

I do love the game or I wouldn't be challenging myself to beating every events with 5 stars and fill out challenge sheets for special cars and all that, but christ this game really tries my patience.

edit: Just did that 100 vehicles thing, now I'm back to having fun now. Man, this game.

Last edited:
Finished Ruiner and I'm pretty sure I'm done with NFS Heat now that I've unlocked all the cars and all but three parts, I don't really see the point getting all the parts but at the same time it's probably only another hour to unlock them anyway...

I've moved on to The Textorcist: The Story of Ray Bibbia which is pretty fun, I think it's a very different experience on a Deck than with a keyboard though because where you'd normally be moving with your right hand and trying to type the words with your left, with gamepad controls you "just" have to hit L1 and R1 in the right sequence. Pretty fun like I said, I only did the tutorial and first fight though.

Edit: Ray Bibbia is pretty tough so I've also started The Red Strings Club just to give me something to play when I get stuck and need a break. After Coffee Talk and VA-11 Hall-A I didn't really want yet another drink crafting visual novel but this doesn't seem to be that - it has something that closely resembles pottery too!

Last edited:
Back