What games are you playing now?

• Thread starter F1 fan
  • 5,776 comments
Finally got God of War Ragnarok, only 3 hours in but wow... what a game already!
I just completed the game (the main story at least) and I have to say it was one of the highest quality games I have ever played in terms of characters, voice acting, story, graphics and just about everything really. What a good game, one of those ones you watch the credits roll while just thinking about how epic that was.

Last edited:
I just completed the game (the main story at least) and I have to say it was one of the highest quality games I have ever played in terms of characters, voice acting, story, graphics and just about everything really. What a good game, one of those ones you watch the credits roll while just thinking about how epic that was.
I've been taking my time, taking in all the scenery and side stories, cant wait to see how the story plays out but from what I have seen so far I expect this to be just as epic as the 2018 GOW.

I’d love to start doing a collection of Sony consoles and racing games. I wonder how much the old Gran turismo games are even going for.
It was the natural thing to do when upgrading through each generation of console, but I wish I'd have held on to more games over the years.

Some of the games I had for PS1 I have seen going for silly money and the rising price of 8 and 16 bit games continues to surprise me.

Finally got to play through Driver San Francisco after getting my hands on a used PS3 copy (it’s honestly shocking that the seller on eBay only asked for $25 considering how much of a cult hit it’s become since it got delisted). For a 10+ year-old game pretty much everything about it has aged remarkably well. The gameplay (60 FPS on console!), narrative, and writing are every bit as creative, original, and unique as others say they are. It’s a shame it’s no longer available digitally, but it’s definitely worth a buy if you have a 360 or PS3 lying around still.

I’d love to start doing a collection of Sony consoles and racing games. I wonder how much the old Gran turismo games are even going for.
eBay currently has listings for each of the PS1/2 GTs around the $10-20 range. Certainly start the collection. Just ask me about mine! :D

Finally got to play through Driver San Francisco after getting my hands on a used PS3 copy (it’s honestly shocking that the seller on eBay only asked for $25 considering how much of a cult hit it’s become since it got delisted).
I'm guessing you don't have anything like the UK's CEX stores in the States. We can buy most used games at dirt cheap prices.
1674086125496.png

Finally got to play through Driver San Francisco after getting my hands on a used PS3 copy (it’s honestly shocking that the seller on eBay only asked for $25 considering how much of a cult hit it’s become since it got delisted). For a 10+ year-old game pretty much everything about it has aged remarkably well. The gameplay (60 FPS on console!), narrative, and writing are every bit as creative, original, and unique as others say they are. It’s a shame it’s no longer available digitally, but it’s definitely worth a buy if you have a 360 or PS3 lying around still.

eBay currently has listings for each of the PS1/2 GTs around the $10-20 range. Certainly start the collection. Just ask me about mine! :D
Best arcade racing/driving game this gen. Crew 1 handling should be like this.

Took a break from Cyberpunking to start and finish Auto Modellista (well, not quite finish, didn't go as far as to unlock engine swaps), back to Cyberpunk for a bit then Before Your Eyes. A totally heartbreaking game, it was pretty sad throughout but the last few minutes absolutely slayed me, thinking about the last two lines is making me tear up again.

Back to Cyberpunk!

Auto Modellista
Man if there ever was a racing game that needed a remaster, it's this one. I loved Auto Modellista. I need to attempt to find it in all my boxes because now I have a hankering for that nostalgia.

NFS Unbound done! Really would like to grind for cars but apparently the online money is not the same as the single player which is kind of whack.

Going to reconnect my OG PSVR (if I can remember where all the cables go) and see how sick I can make myself in GT Sport VR - it'll be good training. Also have a few games to finish that don't look like they're getting ports/upgrades to the new machine.

I go to lukiegames.com for all my old stuff. They've yet to send me a bad disc or cartridge.

Speaking of, Need for Speed: The Run came in the mail, so I put Maximo on pause. Maximo's a decent platformer, but nothing really worth reporting on yet. But I fell off playing NFS early in the PS3 generation because it was getting super stale (only played Shift, MW, and HP), but recently saw a YouTube video on The Run and it looked extremely promising. I gotta say... "wasted potential" is the best way to describe this game. To this day, PS2's NFS Hot Pursuit 2 is the benchmark I hold every arcade racer to, and The Run looked like it had everything going for it to be a modern reincarnation of that game. It's set in the most beautiful regions of the US, the storyline (while horribly corny) and race structure of gaining positions add a real sense of purpose to your driving, and it trades the open map for point-to-point stages that actually allow for nice rhythm to the track layouts - in many ways, these courses do channel HP2's feel. But the handling physics just aren't 'fun' (you can drift, but it may as well be a cutscene with how obnoxious it is to get through), and the races are too short, interrupted by overly tedious menus to skip through - I just don't care about all the points and leveling-up bulls***. My god, these tracks are so beautiful though!

Last edited:
Playing Tony Hawk Proskater 2020 game where you can play both the first and second installments of it, it's cool cause you get to skate across certain parts of the globe. Warehouse, Downtown, School, the mall, etc. Recognize those levels? I would give it 9 out of 10 stars as a rating.

Playing Tony Hawk Proskater 2020 game where you can play both the first and second installments of it, it's cool cause you get to skate across certain parts of the globe. Warehouse, Downtown, School, the mall, etc. Recognize those levels? I would give it 9 out of 10 stars as a rating.
As someone who played the originals when they were new, imo, the only thing they got wrong is how cramped some of the levels feel. I don't know if it's the size of your character or the speed, but a couple of the skate park levels really didn't work. Otherwise, though, what an incredible remake. They even nailed the atmosphere of the gameplay. The lighting and colors, the music... so good. Also, did you notice how the Mall from the original game is now completely dilapidated; social commentary on the death of shopping malls, I guess.

I'm finishing up NFS The Run... and EA dun ****ed up. The beginning section of the Union, New Jersey level is very clearly just the beginning section of the Commerce City, Colorado level in reverse :lol:. Makes me wonder if any of the rest of the courses were as lazily put together.

Last edited:
I played the first 4 THPS games to death and was pretty damn good at them. Fast forward 20 years or so trying to play the remake and I have lost pretty much all the skill I had lol find it quite frustrating considering how good I used to be at the game.

I played the first 4 THPS games to death and was pretty damn good at them. Fast forward 20 years or so trying to play the remake and I have lost pretty much all the skill I had lol find it quite frustrating considering how good I used to be at the game.
Yeah it feels much harder now, I also played the first 2 Tony Hawk games on the Playstation and PS2, but that was 15 years ago, so I don't have a bunch of skills now either, but the graphics are more clear and High definition-like. So it was worth downloading I guess.

So, I have about 30 hrs in Cyberpunk 2077 (as a Nomad), and what appeared to be a simple assassination job...
later turned into a crucifixion scene for a snuff film where I nailed a man to the cross! That's probably the must ****ed up thing I have ever done in a videogame and I don't remember any controversy or outrage about it when the game first launched or afterwards! It was all "iTs nOt oPtIMizEd!"... I mean, have we become this jaded?
:crazy::scared::odd:

Well I'm thinking about purchasing the PS premium so I can extend my choices. If I do, I'm gonna download Jak & Dexter and most of the Ratchet and clank games. Plus maybe Syphon filter's 2 and 3. Idk if they'll include the MGS games but those were da bomb. Snake climbing up the ladder for ages was cool.

Last edited:
I go to lukiegames.com for all my old stuff. They've yet to send me a bad disc or cartridge.
Just had a look on the site. Ton of cool stuff on there, but some of the prices (I mainly looked at PS1 games) are mad!

That said I guess some games are rarer in the US than they are in the UK, so maybe unfair to comment on the prices.

Just had a look on the site. Ton of cool stuff on there, but some of the prices (I mainly looked at PS1 games) are mad!

That said I guess some games are rarer in the US than they are in the UK, so maybe unfair to comment on the prices.
Yeah, our collector market is ridiculous. Even when it comes to cars, I feel like you guys pay less for the same thing. It's best to regularly check local pawn shops who don't always know what they have. On the other hand, it is cool to see when a game I bought for cheap back in the day is worth some real money if I ever decided to sell it. I pre-ordered MGS3: Subsistence Limited Edition for PS2 and think I paid $40 back then; apparently it's now worth $500+, haha. At least according to Lukie; significantly cheaper on eBay.

Last edited:
Yeah, our collector market is ridiculous. Even when it comes to cars, I feel like you guys pay less for the same thing. It's best to regularly check local pawn shops who don't always know what they have. On the other hand, it is cool to see when a game I bought for cheap back in the day is worth some real money if I ever decided to sell it. I pre-ordered MGS3: Subsistence Limited Edition for PS2 and think I paid $40 back then; apparently it's now worth $500+, haha. At least according to Lukie; significantly cheaper on eBay.
Oh wow, that's a serious increase on Subsistence!

Funny you say that about us paying less for the same thing, because retro gaming prices have sharply risen here in the last decade.

I bought a SNES with about a dozen games off a mate for £20 about 15 years ago (and that price was doing him a favour then!), was only a few years later and the price of a lot of the cartridges was up to £20 each.

Playing the new Fire Emblem, it's extremely good... even if the story's a pretty big step backwards relative to Three Houses. The characters are also a step back as a result, but they're still likable enough.

In this edition of grumpy old man reviews...

Playing Enthusia now. I got a race or two into it way back when and something annoyed me about it so I put it down. Getting back into it, and the graphics and driving physics so far (still very much in the beginning stages here) have held up incredibly well. But my god, the menu system is terrible. It doesn't even have a consistent 'back' button! Sometimes circle works, sometimes triangle, sometimes square, what fun. Oops, accidentally used triangle that time, which has turned into the Help button, and now I have to skip through a bunch of crap I don't care about. And then there's the annoying "Enthu points" system, and leveling up/tuning that I don't understand yet because right at the beginning they overwhelmed me with way too much info to memorize before even getting into my first race. But I finally figured out how to switch from my first car to the Volvo V70R wagon that excited me to unlock, so onwards...

In this edition of grumpy old man reviews...

Playing Enthusia now. I got a race or two into it way back when and something annoyed me about it so I put it down. Getting back into it, and the graphics and driving physics so far (still very much in the beginning stages here) have held up incredibly well. But my god, the menu system is terrible. It doesn't even have a consistent 'back' button! Sometimes circle works, sometimes triangle, sometimes square, what fun. Oops, accidentally used triangle that time, which has turned into the Help button, and now I have to skip through a bunch of crap I don't care about. And then there's the annoying "Enthu points" system, and leveling up/tuning that I don't understand yet because right at the beginning they overwhelmed me with way too much info to memorize before even getting into my first race. But I finally figured out how to switch from my first car to the Volvo V70R wagon that excited me to unlock, so onwards...
You should check out @Wolfe's excellent Enthusia FAQ. It helped me a lot when I was playing through and completing the game.

RDR2, Watch Dogs 1, NFS2015, and dragging myself through Uncharted Remastered, holy hell that game is hard and kinda boring.

Maybe I should just skipped it and go play Uncharted 2 ?

RDR2, Watch Dogs 1, NFS2015, and dragging myself through Uncharted Remastered, holy hell that game is hard and kinda boring.

Maybe I should just skipped it and go play Uncharted 2 ?
I played Uncharted 2 first (because of the hype at the time) and then played the first game afterwards.

I think if I started with the original game I'd have been very reluctant to play the sequel(s), as I found the first Uncharted a bit of a slog...

...I'd say finish it though, then 2 and 3 are your reward!

I played Uncharted 2 first (because of the hype at the time) and then played the first game afterwards.

I think if I started with the original game I'd have been very reluctant to play the sequel(s), as I found the first Uncharted a bit of a slog...

...I'd say finish it though, then 2 and 3 are your reward!
Uncharted 1 is really a slog though. The waves of enemies feels endless and the shooting isn't great. It's also not helping that my left analogue is drifting a bit and it seems to cause a bit bad stutter on Nate's movement.

Back