What games are you playing now?

• Thread starter F1 fan
  • 5,776 comments
Been playing OpenRCT2 again after taking a 4 year break. I came to it after deciding to update it and noticed that the game limits have been quadrupled and custom ride music is now a thing. It's amazing how much love and support such an old game like Roller Coaster Tycoon 2 gets. It gives me hope that maybe some of my other favourite classics get the same or similar treatment.

Last edited:
It's been a while since I'd tried Rimworld so I thought I'd give it another shot since it was on sale. Turns out vanilla Rimworld is boring, but modded Rimworld is excellent. I have the Mass Effect conversion along with the Star Wars conversion so it's really fun building out new scenarios.

@Darla Starch making planes was the only thing I was half decent at in KSP, not space planes or SSTOs though, just plain old atmospheric planes to pootle around Kerbin in. I remember years ago, probably actually 10 years now, making a series of successively larger planes laden with science experiments to fly to different biomes to collect enough science to unlock more plane-shaped parts to carry more science experiments to collect more science to unlock more plane-shaped parts... I obviously eventually ran out of science I could collect and by that time the game had changed enough that everything I'd learned from Scott Manley was invalidated because you had to execute better gravity turns and aerodynamics had changed. Great game though and I'm cautiously pumped for KSP2!

Now I just have to resist the urge to install KSP again and abandon Cyberpunk 2077 for tens of hours. Thanks!

@GTboyz I have to say I can't help but feel Naughty Dog's games are super overrated, Uncharted games (first three, anyway) suffer from a ton of issues that most other developers seem to have solved, like poorly placed checkpoints, unfair deaths, difficulty spikes out of nowhere and the first game especially had a terrible camera that I can't remember being sorted in the sequels. And, dare I utter the phrase, the ludonarrative dissonance of Uncharted games is basically unparalleled by anything short of Watch Dogs 2 where you've got this quippy hero being all cheerful between bouts of mass murder, like the exact opposite of 47 in the Hitman games, not that I really care about that so much but to me it signals that they didn't think the game was interesting enough as an adventure game so they padded it with tons of killing that didn't really do anything to help the story. Some shooting would've been fine if you were always on the back foot, but taking on and effectively beating an entire private army was a bit much. There are some truly great setpieces though, but also some pretty boring slogs.

I'm not a fan of The Last of Us either but I do still think I need to give it a fair shake, though I have tried twice and just can't get into it enough to overlook the bits that make me roll my eyes.

Finished Witcher 3 main story a while back now and subsequently bought the two main DLC's Hearts of Stone and Blood and Wine. Played through HoS straight after finishing Wild Hunt and for the extra bits of story and opening up of the map a little it was well worth the discounted price i paid for it. Blood and Wine however, is like a full game in itself and well worth the full £20 it retailed for, and an absolute steal for the £10 i got for on the PSN store Deals.

I really took my time playing through it all, all the side quests (apart from many of the Skelige sunken ship treasure hunts, ain't nobody got time for them. And most of the Gwent quests, which few people have time for) all the armour plans, all the question mark map location quests etc, just soaking it all in and immersing myself in that world.

Knowing that Blood and Wine would be the last i could squeeze out of the game i took my time even more with that. Unfortunately, CD Projekt Red in their infinite wisdom decided that the middle of December would be a good time to patch and fix several glitches that stopped many players from finishing certain quests - only seven years after it's initial release even though fans have been waiting all that time for the fixes. This was all well and good, but coincided with me embarking on the final boss fight grand finale and not allowing me to save at any point between starting the quest and actually fighting the boss, which is a good half hour of mid-quests, highly constrained fighting sections and cut scenes. Oh so many cut scenes.....! Because this bit is so scripted, there are few oppotunities to save progress. When i have saved to come back to later, it takes me back to the very start of that main quest, even though i had saved it just before the final fight. It is a very tough fight too, even with a fully levelled up Geralt.

This patch seems to have ballsed the game up. Everytime i load it up it's like i've loaded it for the first time. It makes me re-set the screen boundaries and adjust the contrast level. I really want to finish it but have run out of patience having to do the whole final quest from the start every time. Thanks, CD Projekt Red!

While taking a break from F1 Manager, I've once again been playing DiRT2 on the PS3 for the past two weeks or so and managed to put in some serious hours. Ended up grinding XP in DiRT Tour to finally go beyond level 100 (currently level 102), upgraded every car to All-Star and finished up every mission at last.

Currently messing around with ACAT in Time Trial. Shame that you can’t setup races with all cars on all tracks though. It would’ve added so much longevity. Just using Rallycross cars on Landrush tracks in time trial is such a blast, I could only imagine the races.

Playing Spongebob:Rehydrated which I downloaded 8 months ago, it's an okay game but some levels are brutal because you need speed, agility and skill to master the levels and find all the golden spatulas, and all of Patrick's socks. It's hard, I wouldn't recommend anyone under 6 play b/c you'll get frustrated.

Last edited:
SnowRunner - main game
GT7 - just the daily Sardegna grind, nothing more
FH5 - just unlocking new cars, nothing more
GRID Legends - just dipped back into it the last 2 days, was having a good time honestly, will play it some more

Last edited:
I've been playing Hi-Fi Rush. I've never been the biggest fan of these character action stuffs but this one works for me, possibly because I'm a big fan of anything rhythm-based. Platforming does get on my nerves a bit, especially since timing on some hazards can be a little nebulous, but super solid game overall. Highly recommended.

I’m determined to make a start on some of the PlayStation big-hitters now. I’ve just recently got a PS5 after several years on Xbox and it means I can now play stuff like Unchartered 4, God of War, The Last of Us, Horizon Zero Dawn, which I’ve literally never played in my life. Games like that demand so much time though. I’m not really sure where to start with them, so I’ll probably just play ACC as usual and get round to some of those brilliant games sometime never.

I’m determined to make a start on some of the PlayStation big-hitters now. I’ve just recently got a PS5 after several years on Xbox and it means I can now play stuff like Unchartered 4, God of War, The Last of Us, Horizon Zero Dawn, which I’ve literally never played in my life. Games like that demand so much time though. I’m not really sure where to start with them, so I’ll probably just play ACC as usual and get round to some of those brilliant games sometime never.
I wish I still had all them games to play, all masterpieces, im very jealous of you right now lol

If you've never played The Last of Us then start with the PS5 Part 1 remake, it is by far the less time consuming from that list (along with Uncharted 4) and for me has the best story and setting of any videogame ever.

After finishing God of War Ragnarok I have that empty feeling I get after finishing a Sony first party single player masterpiece where most other games I play after just don't come close so I am starting Ghost of Tsushima and hoping I can get into it after borrowing it from a friend back on the ps4 a few years back and not giving it a fair shot.

Strangely, The Last of Us is maybe bottom of my list at the moment, maybe because I have no experience of the series at all and I’m not really sure what the gameplay is like. Whereas Unchartered, God of War, etc I kind of at least know what to expect. I also haven’t bought the remake yet, because it’s so expensive. I’ve got The Last of Us 2 from when it was under a tenner the other week. I’m intrigued now, though. I have no willpower, I’ll have bought it within 24 hours guaranteed.

Picked up Cyberpunk as it was on sale digitally. Haven’t seen any of the issues that I read about at launch, the PS5 version seems to run fine. Useless at shooting so doing a melee build.

The Last of Us is a masterpiece and the greatest game I’ve ever played, Part 2 too is unforgettable so I highly recommend starting with that one

The Last of Us is a masterpiece and the greatest game I’ve ever played, Part 2 too is unforgettable so I highly recommend starting with that one
I delayed getting the first Last of Us on PS3 as I really didn't think it could be as good as all the hype said... I kicked myself when I finally got around to playing it: the game is, in my personal opinion, worth every bit of praise and more.

Have played the PS3 and PS4 versions of TLOU through multiple times now.

I know some of the reviews were mixed, but I think TLOU2 is an incredible game as well.

I delayed getting the first Last of Us on PS3 as I really didn't think it could be as good as all the hype said... I kicked myself when I finally got around to playing it: the game is, in my personal opinion, worth every bit of praise and more.

Have played the PS3 and PS4 versions of TLOU through multiple times now.

I know some of the reviews were mixed, but I think TLOU2 is an incredible game as well.
TLOU 2 is a fantastic game even if the story isn't as great as the first game, one part in particular annoyed a lot of people and I can see why.

However I think no matter what Naughty Dog done story wise with TLOU 2 it would never beat the original as it was so damn good, in fact I don't think any story ever will top the original TLOU for me.

TLOU 2 is a fantastic game even if the story isn't as great as the first game, one part in particular annoyed a lot of people and I can see why.

However I think no matter what Naughty Dog done story wise with TLOU 2 it would never beat the original as it was so damn good, in fact I don't think any story ever will top the original TLOU for me.

Agree. I played it 2 years ago after 10 year gaming hiatus. Very good game imo, and didn't mind the story or playing as the other person in the 2nd half. But gosh did it drag on and on and on... and on... annnnnnd....... onnn..

By about 15 -20 hours I was willing it to end. Don't mind the loop, but it overstayed its welcome by a good 10 hours plus for my liking. 1st game was around 15 hours iirc, and had pacing/length spot on. More evidence that dragging something out for longer doesn't = better. Pacing is key.

Anyway I'm hooked on fm23 (football manager) again.

Been playing the series since the early 90's when it come with 3 disks on the Amiga. Dread to think how many hours I've spent on it in my life time! My true 'desert island' game. 100% a 10 out of 10 for me. A thing of true beauty.

Last edited:
Just finished Dead Space Remake (amazing game, original was always a favorite) and started Calisto Protocol again on new game plus. Hard not to compare the two games, but I like both of them even though Dead Space is clearly better made in many ways. Calisto feels very slow and stiff, funny enough, it feels like the original Dead Space.

Got Aliens: Fireteam during the Steam winter sale and have been enjoying going back through it again. Originally played it on Xbox GamePass, but lost my save from it. Not too bothered as it was fun going back through it with my brother even if it isn't the most polished co-op third person shooter.

Now that I have a TV in my bedroom, I hooked up my PS2 and Xbox 360 to it to play some slightly older games. Lately they've felt more rewarding and fun than most newer games. On the PS2 I've been playing Outrun 2 again and on the 360 going between Project Gotham Racing 3 and Project Gotham Racing 4. Something feels better about PGR3 than PGR4, but it's been a slight bit easier to progress through PGR4 in a way.

I've done exactly the same! Over the Pandemic I re-collected pretty much everything. Only old (PlayStation on) console I don't have is a Sega Saturn. I've loved getting back into the old PS2/Xbox era games, what an absolute golden era for racing games that was. I'm also surprised how well a lot of Xbox360 games stand up in 2023. Great console that was, if a little unreliable.

I never played PGR3, I skipped that one for some reason. It's very cheap in CeX, so might pick it up and see because I love the other PGR games, with 2 maybe being my favourite.

Last edited:
I never played PGR3, I skipped that one for some reason. It's very cheap in CeX, so might pick it up and see because I love the other PGR games, with 2 maybe being my favourite.
2 is the pinnacle imo. Liked 3 & 4 a lot too. PGR1 although good is really just MSR+ but without the wicked music.

This seems to change quite often lately. Current “playing” charts :

1 - Hogwarts Legacy
2 - Need for Speed Unbound
3 - SnowRunner
4 - GRID Legends

Both FH5 and GT7 are on “maintenance mode”, meaning I do the bare minimum. For FH5 that’s collecting the new cars, for GT7 that means doing the daily mileage.

Last edited:
PGR3 is just as fun as 2 in my book. Better AI, a fun car collecting system (rewards you with different garages to stroll around, much like the garage in PGR2) and still very strong in terms of visuals. Only downside is that its a tad short, since they had to get the game ready for the 360's launch and couldn't implement as much as they wanted. Easily worth it for the few quid it goes for now.

Playing Hogwarts Legacy on PS5, but Metroid Prime Remastered was unexpectedly released on Switch, the original game being my favorite of all time... so that's getting priority. 😂

I've been playing a bit of Dirt Rally 2.0. It's a game that I've been playing on and off ever since it came out, but I was never properly hooked on it. I wonder if I'll end up "getting" it this time, but if it doesn't work out, I already have Hot Wheels Unleashed and Split/Seconds downloaded so I could always try those instead.

Also, I finished Hi-Fi Rush, or so I thought. Turns out there are quite extensive post-ending stuffs here, so that should keep me occupied for awhile.

My 5 year old discovered Fall Guys on the PS5, now she wants me to play it with her all the time. We take turns but she can actually qualify for the next round in a lot of different games despite her hands being too small to hold the controller properly. Maybe one day she will be my squad mate in a fps BR game.

Back