What games are you playing now?

• Thread starter F1 fan
  • 5,775 comments
My 5 year old discovered Fall Guys on the PS5, now she wants me to play it with her all the time. We take turns but she can actually qualify for the next round in a lot of different games despite her hands being too small to hold the controller properly. Maybe one day she will be my squad mate in a fps BR game.
That's pretty impressive considering the game is physical cruelty disguised as candy!

2 is the pinnacle imo. Liked 3 & 4 a lot too. PGR1 although good is really just MSR+ but without the wicked music.
I quite liked that about PGR1, felt it was the game MSR almost was. But yeah, 2 is the best one for me. I did buy PGR3 and have enjoyed it - but I don't personally think it has much to recommend it over 4 except maybe the very focused car list with stuff like the Ford GT90 which I bloody loved as a kid.

they're all great though. Such a shame the series didn't move onto the following gen. I think Driveclub is almost the spiritual successor particularly after they added the city circuits.

Marvel's Spider-Man Remastered after finishing Miles Morales. Spider-Man is one of the few games I got the platinum trophy for on the PS4, so I'm looking forward to getting back into again and doing the DLC for the first time.

And decided to give OlliOlli World a go, seeing as it's free on PS+ this month and a very small download. Only done a few of the tutorial levels, but I'm liking it so far.

Will be enjoying with the better half tonight :lol:

An interactive romantic comedy it reckons.

ten-dates-ps4-ps5-cena-546x840.jpg

Still taking my time with Cyberpunk 2077, unsuccessfully trying to seduce Panam every chance I get, I'm about to introduce the guy who saved me to the person he thinks will make a difference but as I'm averaging maybe 4-5 non-story jobs to 1 story job and I keep trying to walk everywhere, it's slow going.

But, because it puts my Deck into meltdown mode and I want to play something on the train tomorrow, I've downloaded a few of the newer games I've acquired lately; Unpacking and Sonic Mania are the two I'm most interested in. I actually just tried the latter briefly, the massive nostalgia blast of the "SAY-GAH" intro was augmented even further by starting me off in Green Hill Zone. Looking forward to playing more.

I'm getting really into the THQ MotoGP games from the Xbox/X360 era again, I'd forgotten what brilliant games they are. There's something about the controls and handling, you feel completely in control while the Namco series on the PS2 feels on rails in comparison. I can see the pros and cons for both approaches but when you get used to the fact you can crash out literally anywhere if you make a slight mistake particularly not following the racing line, you start riding a bit differently and it all clicks. It was a shame that the series changed hands for 07. Never sure what happened there. 08 by Milestone was decent, but the two after that were absolutely horrible and by a different developer again.

Still taking my time with Cyberpunk 2077, unsuccessfully trying to seduce Panam every chance I get, I'm about to introduce the guy who saved me to the person he thinks will make a difference but as I'm averaging maybe 4-5 non-story jobs to 1 story job and I keep trying to walk everywhere, it's slow going.
Team Judy here. Does mean I have to play as a girl, but I usually do that anyway.
It seems like you can walk/run everywhere but it takes longer than you think it should - I don't like the car handling so I'm just using Jackie's bike to get around.

See Cities: Skylines has just got a PS5 'remaster' for free if you own it on PS4, will be checking that out when I get some time this week.

I played through a decent bit of Project Cars 3. It's an ok racer but something just feels off, it reminded me I still have Shift 2 Unleashed and a working PS3. Now I tried to get on with Shift 2 years ago but the game was borderline unplayable in its original form. Well a few sensitivity tweaks and fully patched I am actually loving it mostly. Sure it's only 30 fps and the graphics are a little dated, but it sounds and feels fantastic. Maybe it's all the Snowrunner I played? Maybe it's Maybeline? Either way I can't seem to put it down lately.

Last edited:
I played through a decent bit of Project Cars 3. It's an ok racer but something just feels off, it reminded me I still have Shift 2 Unleashed and a working PS3. Now I tried to get on with Shift 2 years ago but the game was borderline unplayable in its original form. Well a few sensitivity tweaks and fully patched I am actually loving it mostly. Sure it's only 30 fps and the graphics are a little dated, but it sounds and feels fantastic. Maybe it's all the Snowrunner I played? Maybe it's Maybeline? Either way I can't seem to put it down lately.
Maybe it's magic

I always thought Shift 2 was borderline unplayable or at least unenjoyable because of this weird feeling in the handling - like there was a really noticeable lag between the steering input being made and the car reacting. On street tracks especially, you were constantly in the wall and had no idea why. Just an utter chore to play, but the track list etc was amazing. SMS are quite good really at building something amazing then forgetting to get something really fundamental right. It's annoying.

PCars 3 I've never got into at all. I'll give it another go to see if this recent surprise patch has improved anything. I loved the fact that it had a full licenced Formula E field but the overaggressive arcadey AI ruined it for me so I gave up on it.

I recently spent an awful lot of time with DiRT2 before moving onto playing one of my biggest guilty pleasures in gaming; DiRT Showdown.

Played it from the beggining to end for what would be the third time and it remains (in my opinion) an absolute blast. I earned all but three still achievable trophies with some calculated effort. I might return to it later on and finish it up but for now it’s on the back burner.

Currently playing Wangan Midnight on the PS3. Mainly doing endless Free Runs while blasting trance music in my headphones as well trying different cars in Time Attack and trying to set new records on the C1 Inner Loop. Oddly, very addicting.

Once the F1 season gets going, I’m back to F1 Manager.

I always thought Shift 2 was borderline unplayable or at least unenjoyable because of this weird feeling in the handling
Same here, Shift 2 was hot garbage. Like literally being inside a wheelie bin on a summer's day. I've never refused to give a racing game a chance before or since but I turned it off before finishing the "tutorial", never went back and never want to. Then like the idiot I am I backed Project CARS without realising it was by the same developers, that was better but still not good, fortunately I got a good few dividends out of that investment and was able to use the money to buy other, better racing games like Next Car Game Wreckfest.

I actually really liked Shift, though, at least it knew what it was.

Edit: oh yeah, I'm playing one part Sonic Mania, one part Unpacking and four parts Cyberpunk 2077, but compared to last year my gaming time is being severely limited by work, looking after my son and my renewed interest in Lego. Tonight Lego won so I finished off the Tallneck I started last night.

Sonic Mania is nice but I have NO idea how I ever got anywhere in the original Sonic games when I was a kid. I ran out of lives after three acts. Luckily it doesn't make you start the whole game again when you get a game over, I definitely don't have the patience for that anymore (to be fair I didn't when I was 8 either).

Last edited:
I got the PS Premium package for $17.99 a month which means I can stream/play most of the old ps1/ps2 and ps3 classics plus the ps4 games I have. Over 300-400 to choose from. With a variety of genres, shooter,puzzle, action,racing, etc. You can't beat that nice deal!

I got the PS Premium package for $17.99 a month which means I can stream/play most of the old ps1/ps2 and ps3 classics plus the ps4 games I have. Over 300-400 to choose from. With a variety of genres, shooter,puzzle, action,racing, etc. You can't beat that nice deal!
Have they had add GT games or older GTA games?

I always thought Shift 2 was borderline unplayable or at least unenjoyable because of this weird feeling in the handling - like there was a really noticeable lag between the steering input being made and the car reacting. On street tracks especially, you were constantly in the wall and had no idea why. Just an utter chore to play, but the track list etc was amazing. SMS are quite good really at building something amazing then forgetting to get something really fundamental right. It's annoying.

PCars 3 I've never got into at all. I'll give it another go to see if this recent surprise patch has improved anything. I loved the fact that it had a full licenced Formula E field but the overaggressive arcadey AI ruined it for me so I gave up on it.

I actually tried to play it unpatched at first, that was interesting to say the least. And the controller settings you have by default are terrible. With it patched the input lag is minimal, at least on cockpit or hood camera it seems. I turned the controller steering sensitivity down to around 10 percent which feels much smoother.

The AI have to be tip-toed around still though, I also figured out by turning off all damage the ridiculous "blackouts" go away. It's far from perfect still, but I am having fun with what it is.

I'm guessing the talk of 'patches' for Shift 2 relates to the game on PC? I've got it on PS3, so imagine I'm not gonna get anywhere there! I'll fiddle with the controller sensitivity though, see if that helps.

I'm guessing the talk of 'patches' for Shift 2 relates to the game on PC? I've got it on PS3, so imagine I'm not gonna get anywhere there! I'll fiddle with the controller sensitivity though, see if that helps.

I have it on PS3, So far I am up to Modern B after finishing Retro. The Works Converted R32 made that almost unfair for the AI. I have sort of figured out tuning, the suspension settings actually work as described, which is mildly shocking. I have left drifting for later on.

I've been playing The Outer Worlds when I get frustrated with Shift 2. As for that, Modern A invitational almost broke me, but the McLaren is mine finally. Modern a was actually not bad with a Reventon tuned to 1620. Endurance is the next hurdle, then on to the endgame.

Edit: Shift 2, Porsche Unleashed! I breezed through Works with the 911 GT3 RSR you get for free at level 15. That car convinced me to pick the 911 for FIA GT3, and it's going to be my pick for endurance. It's a shame Porsche didn't field a GT1( not the '90s 911 GT1, for this version of GT1) car for the FIA.

Last edited:
Yakuza 5.

latest

The game is longer than route 66 and the autobahn combined! But I'm enjoying it.
Still one of my favorites of the series, took my brother and I months to get through it. Though it was mostly due to us not being able to get through it for too long as we were playing it not long before we moved.
I've done exactly the same! Over the Pandemic I re-collected pretty much everything. Only old (PlayStation on) console I don't have is a Sega Saturn. I've loved getting back into the old PS2/Xbox era games, what an absolute golden era for racing games that was. I'm also surprised how well a lot of Xbox360 games stand up in 2023. Great console that was, if a little unreliable.

I never played PGR3, I skipped that one for some reason. It's very cheap in CeX, so might pick it up and see because I love the other PGR games, with 2 maybe being my favourite.
Late reply, but I certainly want to get through PGR3 now that I reached Rank 1 in PGR4. Still have the arcade and remaining packs to buy for PGR4. I definitely miss the variety of cars that PGR2 had, but there was something that somehow never stuck with me for PGR2. I still remember being wowed by the PGR3 demo at (for American members that remember) Circuit City and wanting a Xbox 360 just for it. Also started my love for the SLR McLaren.

Taking a break from PGR4 and playing a few other games as of late.

Import Tuner Challenge (Xbox 360): I originally struggled to get into the Tokyo Xtreme Racer series, but after completing most of PGR4, I wanted to get into another racing game series that deserved some attention. After realizing my biggest issue was the chase/3rd person camera, using the bumper cam made a difference in getting used to the physics. Still not exactly the best with physics, but my desire to play a highway racer after thoroughly enjoying the Wangan Midnight arcade, I wanted something as close to the arcade as I could get on a home console. Wish they'd bring the current Wangan Midnight Maximum Tune to PC at least. I do wish Import Tuner Challenge had the larger car variety as previous Tokyo Xtreme Racer titles, I may have to go back and play the older ones.

Cruis'N Blast (Nintendo Switch): Wish there was more cars like in past games (even though they weren't technically licensed), but the absurdly cheesy nature of the game gives it some enjoyment. Racing a helicopter and unicorn, while doing flips and rolls in the air is rather entertaining.

DiRT (Xbox 360): I've played through DiRT 2, DiRT 3, and DiRT 5, but never the original DiRT. Feels like some of the cars from the original DiRT game never really returned, so I wanted to play through it just to unlock them. The rough framerate drops and physics are definitely not Codemasters' best, but I'll tolerate it for the car list.

Last edited:
I'm playing Jade Empire, and really loving it. Fisticuff stuffs are now pretty aged, but dialogues aged like a fine wine.

2-20-2023_3-37-04_PM-hc1nzigt.png2-20-2023_3-37-52_PM-4dxj1vh0.png2-20-2023_3-38-06_PM-sdzikehi.png2-20-2023_3-38-12_PM-qzlrlxjz.png

Also, Like a Dragon: Ishin I ordered arrived just now, so I'm looking forward to playing that once installation is done.

DiRT (Xbox 360): I've played through DiRT 2, DiRT 3, and DiRT 5, but never the original DiRT. Feels like some of the cars from the original DiRT game never really returned, so I wanted to play through it just to unlock them. The rough framerate drops and physics are definitely not Codemasters' best, but I'll tolerate it for the car list.
The original DiRT I always think of as the last of the Colin McRae Rally series rather than the start of the DiRT one. After this the games took a much more arcade/X-games turn, whereas DiRT 1 was pretty serious and focused on realistic rallying. And yeah, it’s a shame that the one thing DiRT 2 and 3 really improved on was the physics, because the cars don’t handle that well in DiRT 1 but I still love it. Apparently getting Ken Block on board really helped with the handling because he just said “the cars need much more grip” and that’s what they did. DiRT 2 and 3 handle like a dream, but in most other ways they’re not really up my street.

I’ve been playing old NASCAR games, because I think that’s the one series where the games of ten years ago are still better than the current games which is pretty tragic. I love NASCAR 06 and 07 on the PS2 but my God they’re hard to go back to now because even for their time they were pig ugly. Theu changed the physics and game engine for the PS3/Xbox360 games after that, and at the time I never really liked them as much but by 09 they were onto something pretty good. Then the license went to Activision and personally I think those games are one of racing gaming’s best kept secrets (if you like NASCAR, anyway) because for all they didn’t review well and I think had a lot of issues with their online stuff, I think they’re really good. They even look really good still. The Game 2011, Inside Line, 2014, then 2015 was basically just a season update on 14.

But, because it puts my Deck into meltdown mode and I want to play something on the train tomorrow, I've downloaded a few of the newer games I've acquired lately; Unpacking and Sonic Mania are the two I'm most interested in. I actually just tried the latter briefly, the massive nostalgia blast of the "SAY-GAH" intro was augmented even further by starting me off in Green Hill Zone. Looking forward to playing more.
Unpacking is a beautiful way to tell a story, I absolutely loved every second I spent playing that game.

Starpoint Gemini Warlords, its kind of like Battlestations Pacific in space, with just a hint of Stellaris thrown in also. I have Shift 2 almost complete, I am pretty sure the race stewards throw ball bearings on the track in London and Riviera. With GT1 finished I am losing interest for now.

Back