What games did you get the most out of?

Grand Theft Auto is timeless. I remember renting GranTurismo, when it first came out. I was totally unprepared for simulation, I was so used to Need For Speed (the originals) that I hated the game! Kept trying and it grew on me like a disease, and here I am now, 4th gen and loving it.

I only get the best games that I actually like.

GT3: This got me in the whole "racing" games. I loved it, and was the first game I played on my new PS2 last summer.

GT4: The best and most realistic driving sim ever. I will probably keep playing this until my disc breaks.

NFSU 2: I love how they made the American V8s sound different from other cars. I love the customization too, its one of the games I just love.

GTA San Andreas: The multipurpose game; driving, killing, roaming around, it has it all. Cheat codes too :D

Final Fantasy VII - This game was trully amazing, there was so much to do and it always kept you on your feet, it's also probably my most played game ever as i have completed it 7 or 8 times.

Gran Turismo 3 - I have spent many sleepless nights behind this game, it was revolutionary and i loved every bit of it. GT4 may be better but i didn't get as much enjoyment out of it as i did GT3.

Final Fantasy X - Despite not being as good as FF VII i thought this game was quite good, there was so much to do like Blitzball, beat the evil Aeons, Cactus riddles etc, basically it always kept you busy. I got a lot out of this game and i have played it for quite some time, wouldn't mind getting back in to it but i have these worrying things called exams :grumpy:.

My games weren't exactly the most popular ones. Prepare for some low-quality PC games, cause I really had a freakin bad PC untill I got a new one in December last year.

-Gran Turismo 4, I don't know, I don't enjoy it that much but I just keep coming back to it.

-Mafia, for the PS2. Yes if I play it again now the loading times are awfull, the graphics aren't nice either, and it's a boring version of GTA3. But...the first time I played it I got hooked on the storyline sooo bad that when the story ended for me, I felt impressed, and like "woow....:eek: that was it...now it's over, nothing new anymore:guilty:"

-Pokemon Green, and Yellow:dopey: Damn that was addictive, the simplicity, the addictive training and the rewarding feel when beating a Gym. I was looking forward to the Pokemon League all the time, or multiplying those master-balls with the cheat.

-Gangsters 2, crappy PC game maybe, but somehow it kept me occupied. I loved that game to death, but that was in my simple PC years.

-Swat 2, crappy PC game too, but I also loved this game to death. The intro clips before a mission really made me feel serious about the game, and I treated hostages and missions like you should in real life.

NFSU2, go ahead flame me, "GT4 is better blablabla", yeah it is but if you just want to enjoy some gameplay instead of realism 24/7 then buy this game and just g0 wit tah flo'.

-XIII, eventually I got bored of it, it kept me entertained for quite a while though. But the size of that game it's just....I never ended that game, though I really was motivated to.

-Gran Turismo 3 :drool::drool: First ever serious race game...

-Call of Duty I played this on our Mac G5, and it was soo smooth and entertaining. Partly because of the Mac reliability I believe, but the gameplay was arcade-like. Not too frustrating, and nowhere near the freakin resource eating game CoD2 is. CoD2 really is crap compared to CoD1.

-Americas Army from version 2.3 to 2.6, I loved the tactics in this game, I loved the fact that the multiplayer was even interesting if only 12 people were playing. I was soo impressed when I first got this game. First game I played online too! I was looking upto those veterans you have in AA, if you are new to the game it really really takes a long time to learn timing and to learn how to fire effectively, where to aim and how to aim.
Learning your enemy everytime you play, in BF2 you never need to learn the thoughts going through a single enemie's mind. But in AA you need to suprise, be daring, and have the upper hand in every fight.
Listen where the enemy is, question youself whether to throw a smoke, flash grenade, or go in without warning. Question yourself if you should leave the area once you've thrown your flash/grenade/smoke to leave it there as distraction? Picking spots where the enemy will spot you just a second later as opposed to you spotting him. Going through a corridor and already begin shooting so that your reaction time wont affect you if there's a possible enemy behind the door.

I am not kidding, Americas Army is the best learning-game I ever played.

That's my list:tup::)

I'm +Niels+, here's my tracker;)
I can remember I had been trying to raise my FR with some good rounds in pipeline, but then I stopped. It's useless to go and increase your frag this late, it's difficult enough to get up from 1.12 to 1.13*sigh*

here's mine :) i dont care about fragrate either. I've been using tracker since i started playing america's army... so my fragrate isnt too high cus i got killed so much as a newbie and because i sometimes let myself get killed doing stupid stuff (running around with no gun etc)
http://aaotracker.com/usertracker.php?userid=62690

i've beentracked over a thousand days as you can see :)

Started playing again today...somewhat...I really do suck. I thought I should start with bridge and learn AA all over again, but even bridge is pretty difficult for me now:odd:.

And, I don't know why, but I've been having problems with lag very much too now.

EDIT:
#1 game!
938117b.jpg

1. Gauntlet Dark Legacy!! Came out in 2001 and this is by far the game I have got the most game play out of in my life. I have beat gauntlet with family members and friends more times then I can even remember. Sooo fun getting 4 friends or family members together then start with all the characters at level 1 and after an entire weekend of playing you might get to level 75 or so. Very very fun game. I can still pick this game up and enjoy it to this day.
2. Halo 2- This game has been out a LONGGG time and I still play this at least once or twice a week. Its a lot more enjoyable with your headset off.
3. Grand theft auto Vice city-The first time I flew the helicopter it was such an amazing experience. Such an addictive game because there was soo much to do all the time.
4. Forza-Nothing cooler than creating any image you want on a car then take it ONLINE. Plus the physics were so good. Cant wait for Forza 2.
5. GT3-Hybrids kept me interrested for well over a year straight.
6. Black and White 2 will definetly be a game I can play over and over again.
7. Medal of Honor rising sun online. First game Heather and I played online together for over a year straight. Played that until Halo 2 was released.

Wow I just realized I have been playing Gauntlet Dark Legacy for 5 years now!! It came out in 2001. Hows that for replay value. :sly: :dopey:

Hmmm... how about these:

Gran Turismo 1-4

I've been hooked on Gran Turismo for 10 years now, and my addiction shows no signs of going away! I don't need to go on too much, as you all know how great GT is. Roll on Gran Turismo 5!

Pro Evolution Soccer 5 (PS2)

:bowdown: The best interpretation of the beautiful game - nuff said! :D I used to be a hardcore Fifa fan, until I was 'forced' to play this game. I haven't touched a fifa game since. :D

Maddens NFL 2001/4 (inc. whole series) (megadrive/PS1/PS2/xbox)

I've been playing Maddens since 1992 on the megadrive, 2001, was the first 'next gen' version I played, but 2004's dynasty mode was an awesome inclusion. Nobody does football better! 👍

Sensible Soccer/Seisible World of Soccer

Back in the day this game was the bomb! Its simplistic and dated now, but it was an awesome two player game. Respect the old skool. 👍

Halo (xbox)

:eek: Maybe a little old now, but the graphics still deliver. Probably my favourite FPS ever. :D

NHL '94 (megadrive/Genesis)

Last of the old skool EA Sports Ice hockey game, and the first that was full licenced with players, teams and organ music. What a classic sim, and a game that I was almost unbeatable on.

America's Army (PC)

Amazing FPS! 👍 My skills suck big time, but I'm in awe of this fantastic game. Skills and strategy rule here.👍

Final Fantasy VII (PS1)

This was the first RPG that really caught my imagination. the game was massive, the seemlessly blended movies were sublime, and the plot and music were the stuff of dreams. IMO, One of the best RPG's ever made. 👍

IL2-Forgotten Battles complete

Definitely the cream of the flightsim world. There is none of that firing missiles from 20 miles away here! Intense close quarter dogfighting is the order of the day, where skills and strategy rule.

Ridge Racer Series

Before Gran Turismo, I was a power-drifting Ridge Racer. The first was poor, the 2nd was better (music was excellent), the Third was better still, but the forth IMO eclipsed GT2 graphically. If your looking for the best looking PS1 racing game, RR Type 4 is it. 👍

Guild Wars is my new one.
It has sooooooooooooooooooooooo much to do. I love exploring the vast areas. Then find my self alone against Charr attacking me. Good thing i'm a monk :)

more recently (within the last 8 years...)

Live For Speed -Best racing simulator out by far imho
America's Army - great free FPS i've been playing for years :)
Battlefield 1942
Gran turismo series -4 was a bit dissapointing especially since i got lfs around the same time... so my expectations were very high for the physics.
the jet moto series was great too imo. awsome multiplayer

and i played the original armored core demo so much against my brother that we wore out the disk... never got the actual game though...

Falcon 4.0 was also amazing :) i played it untill my joystick broke

Ridge racer/rage racer series was good as well :)

Well, I can go back in time and tell you that Goldeneye has been the game I played the crap out of me, and for so many years. Also, Gran Turismo 2. Wow, It's impossible to count how many hours I played to this game, but it was the best of all back then.

In the much closer past and present, Final Fantasy VII, the biggest RPG ever. I never got bored of that game, but it was borrowed from one of my friends. I don't have it anymore but I sure would. FF7 has been a big revelation to me. I still have my "FF7 Mem.Card" as I called it, just in case I could find a FF7 :) Also, I would say Grand Theft Auto 3, Vice City, but principally San Andreas. I must say that San Andreas has provided me hundreds of hours of great playing, and still provide. This game will never die for me as long as a new will not come out. It's huge, and you got so much to do in it. But Splinter Cell Chaos Theory and Gran Turismo 4 are starting to go up really fast in the countdown. :)

MugenVTEC
Well, I can go back in time and tell you that Goldeneye has been the game I played the crap out of me, and for so many years.
WOW! I forgot about that game, i have it for my N64, and havn;t played it in years. I easly played 1500 hours on that game. Mostly with my friends on Multiplay.
EDIT: and thats another game from a movie that doesn't suck.. (different thread)

Battlefield 2 (including Special Forces): I think it has stayed at about 400 hours. Over that time, I think I averaged just a bit over 2 hours per day.

Gran Turismo 2 and 3: I played GT2 through about 2.5+ times and sometimes with cheats. I did a lot of "online" racing with GT3. I got bored of GT4 so it probably didn't beat these 2.

Sonic 3, Sonic and Knuckles: Very fun and addictive games, I played through them several times.

Streets of Rage 1/2: Played them both a lot

That's all I remember

To add to my list:

Mass Effect, so far been through 3 times with 40+ hours each time through, I'll probably go a couple more times to max out my characters.

2 year old thread so I guess its time for an update.
On the 360 it looks like these are the games that keep pulling me back.
1. Halo 3
2. Rock Band
3. Test Drive Unlimited
4. Forza 2
5. Crackdown
6. GTA4
7. Mass Effect

Midtown Madness (PC) A free roam racing game with the ability to add user created cities and cars? 👍 I loved the checkpoint races. Thats where free roam racing was at its best. What could be better then not following the leader while carving your own path through the traffic of Chicago to get to the finish line first? One of the best racing games ever.

Bully (PS2) Very similar to the GTA series but what I really like is the setting. I played a Harry Potter PS1 game a few years before and I really liked running around a school yard with other students roaming the map but there wasn't much freedom. Bully on the other hand, had the same school yard feel, but you can beat up other students! :D

The Warriors (PS2) *gasp* A movie that was turned into a game?!?! Actually this is probably the only movie to game that was worth playing. Anyway, this is very similar to Bully (actually, Warriors was the early stages of Bully). The fighting system is just fun. Sure, its gory and just plain brutal on some parts but gang wars that fists instead of guns *cough*GTA*/cough* are more enjoyable.

Gran Turismo 3 (PS2) IMO, the best physics in all the GT series. The selection of cars was pathetic, and the races seemed to be repeats, but the realistic driving made it all worthwhile. Plus the graphics were (IMO) better then GT4.

Some other good ones (in no order):

NFSHP1 & 2
Age of Empires 1 through Conquerors
Sim City 3000
GT2
Shadow of the Colossus
God of War 1 & 2

Revives...

My most played game has to be Call of Duty 4, I currently have 643 hours spent online.

:eek:
I'm pretty sure that my previous pick in this thread was GT3, maybe a mention of Dragon Quest V.

Call of Duty 4, without having played any other games from the series, it is already nearly taking over as my favorite game series of all-time for me.

I played this game for weeks, before getting online. And already then, I was saying that it was worth EVERY penny. After the discovery of online, it has just taken off. CoD4 has at least tied, probably taken over Gran Turismo 3 for me, as the game that I got most out of. Very close, but probably. :D

Currently my top games:
LFS - Quite fun
GT4 - Haven't played it in a while though. Got a Little bored
Driv3r - Its full of glitches and usually looked down upon from the GTA people but I find it more fun.
Scarface - Like GTA but with more violence and language. Very good and a bit challenging the first time in.
Toca 3 - I like this game alot due to the damage and the gameplay.
Tokyo Extreme Racer series - Currently playing the first one and Drift 2

Last edited:
MGS series, definately up there for me, Socom 2 i had a good 500 hours or so clocked up. Midnight Club 3 I managed way way over 1000 hours before i finally gave it up only a couple of months a go. Toca 2, Toca World Touring Cars. GT (all of them).
Oh and the first game i played online, NFSU, I was one of the guys who began an RX7 trend in circuit races on that game :)

In addition to my previous post:-

Call Of Duty 2 - One game to date which i still play on the PC. I did enjoy Call Of Duty 4 but it was still missing something in my opinion which was ever present in COD2.

Final Fantasy (NES) -- My parents bought it for me in '91, when I was just turning 5. The game helped me with reading and arithmetic, and over the next few years I went on to beat it (or at least play through a good portion of it) several times. I was young, so I kept losing interest in my current party and repeatedly started over with new ones. :)

Final Fantasy III/VI (SNES) -- This was the next FF I owned, though I had played FFII/FFIV more than once at my uncle's house. Easily the best plot, music, and characters in the series, with some of the best gameplay and brilliant graphics for the 16-bit era. Like with the first game, I beat this one over and over and over, sometimes with my Game Genie to spice things up. It's a shame those of you raised on the Playstation missed this one.

The Need for Speed; Need for Speed 2 SE; Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit; Need for Speed: Porsche Unleashed (PC); Need for Speed Hot Pursuit 2 (PS2) -- I've spent hours on each one. With the original, I was young, so I liked using the point-to-point tracks to pretend I was merely driving with traffic. The cops ignored you if you didn't speed. The second game had quite an interesting selection of cars and helped spur my attachment to the McLaren F1. Hot Pursuit offered the biggest selection of cars of any racing game on the planet thanks to its well supported third-party add-on community, and the intersections and shortcuts were great for exploring and pretending to drive for real. Porsche Unleashed was simply great fun, helped teach me most of what I know about Porsches now, and wasn't a bad "arcade-sim" for its day. Hot Pursuit 2 (only the PS2 version) featured a reasonable handling model and a nice selection of cars, combined with entertaining police chase gameplay.

Mechwarrior 2 (PC) -- A truly entertaining, immersive, creative, excellent game. The best of the Mechwarrior series, still the best FASA-licensed game, one of the greatest soundtracks in the whole industry, and especially now that a working Windows XP patch has been made available, a game I still play. My original disc has been resurfaced more than once and still looks like a mass of scratches. It works, though.

Ace Combat 4; Ace Combat 5; Ace Combat Zero (PS2) -- All three were played to death by my best friend and myself. It eventually got to the point where "Ace" difficulty wasn't enough, and we could destroy all of the enemies in a mission in AC5 before the radio dialogue could finish. Beating Mobius 1 in ACZ using the J-35J is my proudest personal accomplishment. :)

Gran Turismo 3 (PS2) -- My first reasonably realistic driving sim. Helped inspire me to learn everything I now know about cars. Back in the day, this was pretty much the only game played on my PS2. But it couldn't last forever...

Live for Speed (PC) -- When I found LFS, I learned just how inaccurate GT3 was, and couldn't go back and enjoy it until a few years later. I've spent many hours online, mostly powersliding the night away on drift servers while chatting with similar-minded folk. I also load it up randomly to test maneuvers or handling characteristics I'm pondering in my head. It's easy to get a lot of use from something when it's the benchmark.

Enthusia Professional Racing (PS2) -- After the crushing disappointment of GT4, this game caught me on the rebound, shattering my expectations of console racing games. It has been the only driving sim I've played other than LFS that just feels "right," though it's definitely not as sophisticated as that PC masterpiece. This is really the only game I keep my PS2 set up for anymore, and I still pop it in to test, tune, or drift cars around.

Post the games that you bought
Final Fantasy 5 (SNES)
sicbeing
What? ;)

Considering it's the only game I've ever actually kept track of all the achievements in I gotta go with RSV2 hands down.

Back