What games/series do you buy at its launch?

• Thread starter ctdc67
  • 14 comments
United States
United States
Most games I buy are older games on sale. But their are some games I will pay full price.

FORZA MOTORSPORT
PROJECT CARS
RIDE

It doesn't have to be a racing game.

Last edited:
Gran turismo, all bought at launch
Resident evil, all bought at launch apart from 5 and 6

Thats it really, all others are bought later on and on sale.

Back then, I bought GTA V way back in Sept. 2013 so I could play the game in my PS3 plus Gran Turismo 6 that my parents bought for me as a Christmas gift during the same year. Both were awesome.

Then I bought Fate/Extella for the PS Vita in Jan. 2017 but I was rather disappointed and I thought my money was wasted for such a lame game.

So far, those are the games that I can recall buying at launch and yes, they aren't cheap at all. Only once as time passes by. :lol:

Pokémon. That's it.

I used to get Gran Turismo and Final Fantasy on or before official release date but these days are very much over now due to the directions those two series have gone in.

None anymore. Too many games are not finished or have dlc planned so I wait for goty. Also I was wasting too much money because by the time I played them they were half price.

Shame as I miss the hype and excitement of getting a game at launch

Anything that interests me enough from a developer/publisher I trust. Indie games so long as the price is right. I prefer to lend my support to the games I enjoy, because too many games I love are unsuccessful, and some of my interests are niche. I'll wait for a discount if I lack confidence in a title, or if it's too thin on content to justify full price.

Worthy of note: all-out collector's edition pre-order if it's Xenoblade, or probably anything Monolith Soft does from now on. :bowdown:

Gran Turismo, Dirt, Grid, anything Star Wars (aside from rubbish like Kinect). Used to buy Fifa every year at launch but don’t anymore.

For multiple titles this generation:
DiRT
GRID (This one is a bit weird; GRID Autosport was released during this generation but on last-gen platforms)
Forza
Need For Speed (skipped Rivals)
Life Is Strange (watched a playthrough of the first, got BtS & 2 at launch.)

I would have probably got Gran Turismo Sport at release if I went with Playstation this generation. Got 5 & 6 at release.

Latest Posts

Back