What grinds your gears with online lobbys and races??

  • Thread starter Thread starter Silent7Sniper7
  • 37 comments
  • 2,112 views
Very few people online know how to pass without taking you out. Instead of getting a run on you and taking you on the straight, most guys try to pass by divebombing in some fashion or other or don't know how to brake without bumping you and then taking your place. Worse, is guys who think that's a perfectly acceptable way to pass someone and whether it's "sporting" or not is irrelevant to them. Michael Schumacher and Dale Earnhardt Sr. have ruined two generations of racers into thinking it's ok to do that.

I believe the problem stems more from passing AI in GT mode, rather than watching Schumi and Senior.

What is really funny though, is that when I do get passed like that, I have no qualms whatsoever of passing the same driver the same way later on in the race. If you divebomb me into a hairpin and knock me onto the grass I'll do the same to you to pass and boy do you really hear it then if they have a mic!!!...lol. They always have complete and total memory loss that they passed you the same way just 30 seconds prior to that...lol.

Oh of course. I also prefer brake-checking when penalties are on and I manage to get back past them. I once got dive-bombed and bumped out of the way, only to pass the competitor back, get right in front of him and slam on the brakes. He got a penalty and damage and I drove away laughing maniacally. He passed me again (sliding under me when there was no room to slide under me) and so I slid under him, forced him up the track and then just gave a little jerk of the wheel to put him in the wall. He then got behind me to show me his fury and I simply hit the brakes... again. He got a penalty and damage and left me alone for the rest of the race.

I'd like to add another point to my Grinds-My-Gears list:

#8 Drivers who go off track and think that we have to wait for them to come back onto the track. Defending and driving with needless aggression by ramming US off the track when we pass them due to their error.

This usually happens on the Nurb and that why I hate racing there. Because going off the track is a very, very, very common event.
 
Some host set the limits to their specs because they want close racing, not someone entering their room with an extra 100hp and 500kg less wieght just to blow your doors off and then think he's da man. I really don't know why this woul'd bother you unless your one of those people.

No. Thats not the point. Ok maybe my example wasnt that good. when you make a room you do the pp to even number like (350,400,450,500,550,600,650)
or your suppose set the horsepower and weight to even number like 600hp and 1300kg.(thats what your supposed to do-my example was bad/




The people i take offense with are the ones that after having a race they change their car and suddenly the hp limit is 429hp and 1389kg Are you trying to tell me thats random!!!!????

Who the 🤬 sets the limits to 429hp and 1389kg that isnt trying to cheat everyone else out.

and no im not one of those people. Perhaps you are... which is why you are defending them.
 
Allow me to question your motives for responding with criticism to something I feel passionate about without reason?

I wasn't trying to criticize you just wanted to make a point, and i'm probably just as unappreciative as you to some or most of the things you've commented on.

Reading this thorough response makes it apparent that I didn't explain myself well enough. I enjoy nudges, door to door slides and the like. What I detailed that irritated me were things that will easily irritate you if you'd like to add me on PSN and allow me to show you exactly the type of behavior I was discussing.

I shall delve further into detail piece by piece.

Leaning: Something that can occur whether my opponent respectfully or disrespectfully finds himself on the inside line whilst I'm on the outside. He then proceeds to use my tires to aid in his traction while he makes the turn using the tighter line and carrying more speed, leaving me to try not to fall into the grass because he was putting the weight of his car onto mine.

This is a habit that is usually formed in offline races against the zombie AI, it can carry over into online by drivers with poor experience. It is an unacceptable practice in just about every form of motorsport.

Thanks for the clarification, now I get what your saying

Bumping out of the way: There's strategic bumping that upsets a racers line but not his pace, and then there's the PIT Maneuver. This usually happens when an opponent comes barreling into a turn, tries to cut under me but fails because he's carrying too much speed, connects with my bumper and seriously disconnects my rear tires. It could also happen when a somewhat clean driver barely gets his nose under me (BARELY) and expects me to leave the door open for him to come chugging along in under me. Instead I legally move down to defend my line at which point he'll choose to go up and choose not to slow down and use that nose to seriously disconnect my rear tires.

This is unacceptable behavior in any series.
[/COLOR]

Now allow me to point out the "if there isn't any room to slide under you" part of that which I think you missed. These are the drivers that don't take any amount of the following as an answer: no, defensive driving, white lines, grass, etc. I don't give room for them to invite themselves under me, but they do it anyways. Do you understand why this action upsets me?

Once again I agree after your clarification, could have been summed up as corner cutting, which is a NONO even if it's not involving another driver.

This is just one that irritates and entertains me in a painful sort of way at the same time. Allow me to ask a question: Do you consider the Micra Cup Car, Spoon/Honda Fit Race Car, Lexus IS200 GT-1, Mine's BNR34 Skyline GT-R N1 Base and TVR Cerberus Speed 12 to be race cars or street cars?

My disdain for "Street Cars Only" rooms mostly stems from early races I had on GT5's online. There were more than a few occasions where my Race-cars were bested by fully-tuned "street machines". This proved to me on multiple occasions that if both drivers are on the same level, then it doesn't matter how much or little aerodynamic aid the other car has because they'll be competitive. Then there's the "entertainment" part I mentioned since a fully tuned street car on street-illegal racing tires has aero to show (maybe a few other very subtle differences) as the only major performance difference between the RM and Street versions.

By the way; No, I do not need to have my head examined. Yes a Z06 RM is going to have a performance boost over a regular Z06. I'm talking about racing cars in general being allowed in lobbies that allow them based on the regulations being enforced using GT's menus. If someone limits a lobby to 550PP then any car that enters is going to have a competitive advantage regardless of it being a race car or a street car. While the Z06 RM might blow away the Z06 any day of the week, the '69 Camaro Z/28 Racemod might prove to be a very interesting competitor to that same road-going Z06.

In certain instances there's no doubt like you say a spruced up street car will blow the doors off certain race cars of lower levels. I'm just saying that a lot of people get in a room where everybodies racing say Vettes, Audi R8's, Ferrari's, other street cars etc., of a relatively even performance level and they try to get in with say an RM'ed Z06 and then when the host kicks them after repeatedly telling him no Rm's he gets all pissed off.

Lastly, as a car collector in GT5 I prefer to buy low-mileage cars that strike my interest. As I buy these in bulk while I'm saving for other more expensive cars at the same time, I don't have the money nor the desire to upgrade them. I like good cars that come good from the factory. The point is: There's never any rooms that seem to fill up with showroom stock cars. When I initially entered "Street Cars Only" rooms, it was with the hope that I would be able to race some of my factory-tuned or generally fast cars against other machines. Sadly that was never the case as many of the cars that I'd find in the rooms were more powerful than comparable race cars I owned.


This is just bad slang on the GT5 online. The term should be "No Race Mod Allowed." Maybe people should put the description down as "Factory Stock Sports Cars" or something like that to be more clear.

I'm entertained that you agree with this one, yet you disagree with 2 and 3. I posted it because I was in a room once where the host specifically asked for Super GT or Race Modded cars. I had a very enjoyable race with another of the patrons, but when the host saw that she was using a car that wasn't what she said she wanted (the host and the victim were both female drivers), the host removed her from the room with no warning or patience, then laughed about it afterwards.

I cringed inside. The host's logic was quite flawed as I later came to realize. I asked if I could use my Corvette C5-R (not wanting to assume and get booted). She said "no" and told me "Super GT and RM only!". So I got out my much faster, much more fully tuned (not to mention racing-soft tire equipped) Corvette ZR-1 RM that was apparently legal. It was a race I didn't finish for reasons #1 on top of #7 on my 'Grinds my gears' list





I know this because I'm guilty of it. In the early days of GT5 (soooo loooong agoooooo :sly:) I would create 355hp/1000kg rooms and let in all comers. Race cars, street cars, tuned cars anything was welcome. Nobody could beat my Nissan Silvia RM for the very fact that it's maximum horsepower was 355.... and minimum weight was 1000kg on the dot.... It had nothing to do with it being a race car since other race cars couldn't beat it either. A "street"-tuned Mazda RX-7 Spirit R was one of my closest competitors to this day.

I dont't know about this one. Guess it works both ways 'cause I've been in many a room where the host has done this and people set there cars up (horsepower limiter, weight ballast) to match the criteria and the host gets beat. Myself I don't have a problem with it, to each there own opinion.

It's on the bottom right of each post right to the left of the "EDIT" button. To avoid multi-posting, use the Edit button to add together statements instead of posting again.

Thank you for reading through my first list of Grinds-my-gears (and hopefully this response to your response) but please understand that I didn't simply put down baseless claims. That was a thought-out list of "Things that seriously tick me off".

I do look forward to you answering the questions I've highlighted in black.

Hope I answered some of your questions
 
Hope I answered some of your questions

You answered one of the two.

The one you missed:

Do you consider the Micra Cup Car, Spoon/Honda Fit Race Car, Lexus IS200 GT-1, Mine's BNR34 Skyline GT-R N1 Base and TVR Cerberus Speed 12 to be race cars or street cars?
 
You answered one of the two.

The one you missed:

Do you consider the Micra Cup Car, Spoon/Honda Fit Race Car, Lexus IS200 GT-1, Mine's BNR34 Skyline GT-R N1 Base and TVR Cerberus Speed 12 to be race cars or street cars?

I really don't think it's relavent what I consider a race car or not, I answered the question just did't cite the specific cars you mentioned as I don't think the type of car is relevant. Let me use your Micra Cup car and Spoon/Honda Fit as an example. If you enter a room and everybodies running "Street Versions" of subcompacts, even if there on Racing Tires which for some reason you seem to think is blasphemy, and someone gets in 1 of the cars you mention, I gaurantee someones gonna tell them that the room is for "Street Cars only". Especially if they're whipping everybody 'cause there's ar HP or Weight limit. A PP limit might help to even things up as the Racing parts and downforce are taken into consideration but then the Race cars would be competing against more powerful Street cars.
 
Should be a 107% rule in this with a vote as of to allow the slow people to race.;)
 
Back