What GT games do you still play ?

• Thread starter Tedehur
  • 11 comments

What GT game(s) do you still play on occasion ?

• Gran Turismo 1 (1998)

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Gran Turismo 2 (1999/2000)

Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Gran Turismo 3 (2001)

Votes: 9 36.0%
  • Gran Turismo Concept (2002)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gran Turismo 4 Prologue (2003/2004)

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • Gran Turismo 4 (2004/2005)

Votes: 24 96.0%

• Total voters

Tedehur

Staff Emeritus
France
France
Z spec
Many of us have been addicted to Gran Turismo since the first versions were released on the old PlayStation, but I was wondering who actually still play to these old games ?

I still play GT3 somtimes, but not too often anymore... I mean Whats the point IMO GT4 blows it away....

I played GT1 The other day for about an hour and a half...lol I cant belive how bad it looks now days :lol: I remember when it came out, I was like "The cars look so real!!! wow"
Anyway, yeah so thats me.....

I only own GT3 and GT4. I spend about 90% of my gaming time on GT4 and the other 10% split between GT3, GTA San Andreas, Lego Star Wars, and Burnout 3 (I think, or maybe 2) Revenge.

GT3 was my first game in the series. When I had worn out the first one I bought another copy the next day.

After I bought GT4, the GT3 have been collecting dust.

The only thing I miss about the GT3 are the dirt physics. If I'll ever use it again it'll be if, Ron decides to run an ARC old style. :D

Same opinion as Niels' concerning the dirt physics. It wasn't good in GT3 but it's far worse in GT4.
I played GT1 at my brother's place, then I bought my PS2 bundled with GT3. After I reached 100%, I bought GT Concept and when I reached 100% there too, I bought GT1 and GT2, but never really played to them.
I bought the Prologue the day it was released, but I haven't touched any other GT games since GT4 was released.

Now thats odd, yesterday I decided to dig up my ol' GT1 game and play it a little. Typically I just play them for an hour or two. But the last time I played GT Prologue I beat it in one seating, all be it like 8 or 9 hours... :sly: But I did decide that GT1 is not rue to life anymore after playin' GT3 and 4 now. I'll have to strap into GT2 and see how the physics are in that one compared to GT1, if memory serves it was a step up.

Jerome

Yesteday I played GT3 (at Complex String in a F/090 :dunce: ) like 30 minutes, it moves like Enthusia, but I enjoyed that game a lot, but not as much as GT2, anyway I'm 100% with GT4

Occasionally, I'll pop in the GT2 disk and do some of those 'racing modifcations' or random cars. Also, it's cool to race on different tracks now and again like red rock valley, rome, rome night, grindelwold (sp) and test track before it was stupid.

Occasionally I'll put GT3 in. GT3 was the very first game I owned, bought a PS2 cause somebody told me about Gran Turismo, sounded fun and that was that. Got the wheel, then the chassis and I don't play anything except GT3 and GT4, if it wasn't for GT, I'd give my PS2 away to a nephew .

I only play GT3 once in a blue moon if the kids put it in for some reason. What I love about that game is the old school transition and menu music. I LOVED that (maybe only in retrospect).

Speaking of music and sound, I've been playing NFS Most Wanted recently (kids got it for Xmas) and the exhuast sounds on that game ROCK! I wish GT had better exhaust note modeling. I mean if they could can the real sound that the Z and G35 coupe kick out now, I'd be a happier guy. It does sound a bit better sometimes from outside the car, but still not good enough...

-Scott

SHigSpeed
I only play GT3 once in a blue moon if the kids put it in for some reason. What I love about that game is the old school transition and menu music. I LOVED that (maybe only in retrospect).

Speaking of music and sound, I've been playing NFS Most Wanted recently (kids got it for Xmas) and the exhuast sounds on that game ROCK! I wish GT had better exhaust note modeling. I mean if they could can the real sound that the Z and G35 coupe kick out now, I'd be a happier guy. It does sound a bit better sometimes from outside the car, but still not good enough...

-Scott

You should try and play Forza Motorsport at a friends house for like an hour or so, the sound on that game TOTALLY blosw GT4 out of the water, HANDS DOWN. The graphics are pretty good too, but it still doesn't compare to GT$ as far as car handling, the braking on that game TRULY SUX!

Jerome

Update: I got to play PGR on Xbox 360 yesterday. Though the hi-def is nice, the game itself isn't all that. I drove the 'Ring in a Skyline and was SORELY disappointed in the way the track was rendered. Very neutered and the backgrouds were lame...

Oh well. Can't wait for PS3 and GT5!!

-SHig

Back