What Happened To The Community

• Thread starter Dntstagger
  • 57 comments
It's funny how you don't listen to your own advice posted on your profile.
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/members/itcc_andrew.211200/

"ITCC_Andrew I'm just going to warn you all to stay out of the drag racing forums. Brain cells dying. You're welcome for the warning.
Feb 9, 2014 Like Comment Report"

It sounds like he's never been to a Pro lobby; just joined a random room and assumed they're all like that. So if I join a random circuit lobby and people are talking smack in super/hypercars, I'd assume all circuit racers are insecure noobs that need fast cars to win races? Doesn't sound fair to me.

At the particular moment when I warned people to stay out of the drag forum, someone was being an angry ape, and people were getting banned.

The point I'm making is that no one is a pro, no one. You're not a "pro" until you're paid real, tangible money in real life. And you're not paid to play GT6. You're not professional. Stop claiming to be and posting "pro only" lobbies. You're ruining your own fun by taking it too seriously.

Edit: you're welcome for me calling you out on your bluff.

I'm not a "pro" either. In a few months, I'll be a pay-driver, not a paid-driver. But, there are like 3 paid drivers on GTP, and you're not one of them. No one in the drag forum is a "pro," so, if you want to enjoy yourself, have a little bit of fun. If you want a mature group of guys to race with, say that you want mature guys. "Mature drags only"... Well, okay, not that but something similar.

Last edited:
So you have to get paid to be a "pro" gamer?
Seems like you came here just to stir up the settled dust. From your "warning".

Also just cause PD didnt implement Drag Racing doesnt mean you can down us. Im no "pro driver" but top 5000 out of a million plus every year in GTAcademy is good enough for me.

And as Master Shake said, a modified drag setup can make a TT killer.

And a BIG FYI, there a few people that actually do drag race in real life. So stop while your ahead.

Last edited:
The point I'm making is that no one is a pro, no one. You're not a "pro" until you're paid real, tangible money in real life. And you're not paid to play GT6. You're not professional. Stop claiming to be and posting "pro only" lobbies. You're ruining your own fun by taking it too seriously.

Lol, surely you're intelligent enough to conclude the term "pro" is purely for convenience sake in this instance.
It's just too damn hard to title a room:
Drag racing.... No tools, no fools, no noobs, no squeaky voiced 10 year olds, no BS, no NOS, no tune beggars, no x1s or veyrons. And don't you dare asks me to turn on traction control.

It's purely semantics.

And as Master Shake said, a modified drag setup can make a TT killer.

Tsukuba is purpose built for a drag transmission/car

Last edited:
Not saying this has happened, but not saying it hasn't either. If someone were to pay me for a tune, would that make me a pro? Since at that point I am making money off the game.

And I do accept paypal for anyone wondering ;)

Haha, PTK used to get coin for his tunes back in GT5.
However, I'd not have used the term PRO to describe him.... There are four letter words far more appropriate for that. Lol

If you are still out there PTK.... Nut bush to you 👍:)

Implying that someone is? If you're playing GT6 to be a "pro," you're doing it wrong. Enjoy it...

Except GT Academy, but drag racers don't corners so...

When someone pays you real life $$ for your tunes, yea I'd consider that 'pro'. Back in GT5 I made over $300 selling my personal tunes, so I'd say you know when you're a 'pro'.

As for drag racers not being able to corner, you'd be surprised. I don't play much now because of hacks, but go back a month or two and you'll see my name in the top 100 of nearly every online time trial. I enjoy all forms of racing but gravitated to drag racing for it's more technical requirement.

The problem I have isn't drag specific. It's the fact that we - as a community of like-minded gamers, be it drag, drift, or circuit - need to be more accepting. Unless you don't speak English and label your room "German/French language only," or you run a registered-drivers-only championship, everyone should be welcome - especially noobs who might not know how to tune.

Those who can't tune, and who can't drive resort to driving faster cars because the cars compensate for their new-ness. Welcome them, invite them to learn with you, and be friendly - as a community.

This goes for everyone - you don't need to turn people away. No amount of elitism should be acceptable.

The problem I have isn't drag specific. It's the fact that we - as a community of like-minded gamers, be it drag, drift, or circuit - need to be more accepting. Unless you don't speak English and label your room "German/French language only," or you run a registered-drivers-only championship, everyone should be welcome - especially noobs who might not know how to tune.

Those who can't tune, and who can't drive resort to driving faster cars because the cars compensate for their new-ness. Welcome them, invite them to learn with you, and be friendly - as a community.

This goes for everyone - you don't need to turn people away. No amount of elitism should be acceptable.
The term "pro" or "professional" in regards to a video game is nothing more than being very skilled in said game. Titling a lobby "mature drags" may have more relaxed and even-headed people, but it indicates nothing about the skill level of the people desired in the room. The same goes for circuit, offroad, or drifting lobbies - even if some people are more mature, they may not have any skill and just assume the room is for laid-back older racers who aren't competitive.

If you want to speak of professional driving in real life, it ranges from racecar drivers all the way to commercial drivers of which I am. Anyone with a commercial license is considered a professional driver, but it doesn't mean I am any better at this video game. Just like a video game can't teach someone how to drive a real car.

There is a time and place to teach the 'newbies'. IRL when you have a Formula 1 race you don't put kids learning to drive on the starting grid next to Sebastian Vettel. They have plenty of other opportunities to learn and gain experience. Same ideas here. If you want to learn, make a lobby asking for help and someone will show up. Don't join a room that says "PRO ONLY" then get defensive when people get annoyed at you.

Like I said, there is a time and place. Take a look at the stickies in this section. More than enough information than a newb will ever need to get started.

The term "pro" or "professional" in regards to a video game is nothing more than being very skilled in said game. Titling a lobby "mature drags" may have more relaxed and even-headed people, but it indicates nothing about the skill level of the people desired in the room. The same goes for circuit, offroad, or drifting lobbies - even if some people are more mature, they may not have any skill and just assume the room is for laid-back older racers who aren't competitive.

If you want to speak of professional driving in real life, it ranges from racecar drivers all the way to commercial drivers of which I am. Anyone with a commercial license is considered a professional driver, but it doesn't mean I am any better at this video game. Just like a video game can't teach someone how to drive a real car.

There is a certain art to running a good room. Smooth flow of cars at the line, people taking turns to ghost, every car on the track is good competition for every other car, no one ramming or mic spamming... All it takes is one guy bringing out his stock Impreza to race Vipers to completely ruin a previously excellent room.

At the particular moment when I warned people to stay out of the drag forum, someone was being an angry ape, and people were getting banned.

Edit: you're welcome for me calling you out on your bluff.

I'm not a "pro" either. In a few months, I'll be a pay-driver, not a paid-driver. But, there are like 3 paid drivers on GTP, and you're not one of them. No one in the drag forum is a "pro," so, if you want to enjoy yourself, have a little bit of fun. If you want a mature group of guys to race with, say that you want mature guys. "Mature drags only"... Well, okay, not that but something similar.

While I agree with some of what you've said, I also disagree. The part I agree with is that technically nobody in any game is a pro, but on the other hand that is the only word that we can really use to separate ourselves from the beginner level if that makes any sense lol. As to what Shake said about naming a room "Mature drags only" that just doesn't work if you're looking for a competition, most likely you'll end up getting really cool and chill level headed people but nine times out of ten said people don't know anything about tuning at all let alone for drag racing. Me personally I just like to drag and I prefer chill people, don't get me wrong I like a good competition as well but I'm not into it as much as some people are and I don't drag in real life I just really enjoy it in GT6. I can run with the best of them but at the end of the day many things come into play, one it's just a game, two internet connections plays a HUGE part in drag racing as well as what type of screen you're running, a computer monitor is way better than a TV and HDMI is way better than the color cables, but the biggest thing that matters is just having fun, people get egotistical when they lose due to feeling threatened and that's nobodies fault really it's just human nature to defend oneself but in the end it just makes said person look like a fool and doesn't make anything better it just makes it worse. Word of wisdom for the day, just have fun and don't care what others think about you, the way I see it is if people talk about you behind your back that means they are just to afraid to say it to your face or in this case over the mic while your in the room.

If you must know what happened... Gamers have conquered the game. Also, if your new (not sure if you are) then you kinda missed the boat because the peak of GT online was not when GT5 came out but a bit after.. Those were the best times with the best people on GT learning the game. Learning how to do everything that seems obvious today and when tuning was fully understood, an extreme form was necessary; this form of tuning was through hacking.. and once hacking was understood (and pretty much died) the game just plain got boring due to the fact of the game being fully explored. (By the way I'm taking in account that GT5 and GT6 are pretty much equal or the same in respect to drag racing) so I'm not going to say that people aren't there to help anymore because they are... people around from the good days who wish those days could come back.. People who remember that we couldn't even change our gear ratios when the game was released.. People who remember this strange thing called the "ghost launch".. People who remember staying up all night fishing for that perfect tune with no way to measure it and not really knowing what each individual adjustment did in the physics of the game... I should probably stop because all I do on this site is talk about how things used to be.. I guess I just wish that when I sign on to this site it was as fun and exciting as it used to be. I wish that it had the same people that were always online and posting... One thing for sure, I don't regret all the time I spent with you all or with GT5/6.. All of that time was more than worth it and I can't think of anything else I would rather have had done.. I won't forget the good times I've had with all of you. (And you all know who you are..) so thank you. I didn't expect to type all of this... I mean I'm in class right now lol but I guess it all just needed to be said. Maybe I've realized that those times are not going to happen again. I'll miss them but will not forget them.

PTK
If you must know what happened... Gamers have conquered the game. Also, if your new (not sure if you are) then you kinda missed the boat because the peak of GT online was not when GT5 came out but a bit after.. Those were the best times with the best people on GT learning the game. Learning how to do everything that seems obvious today and when tuning was fully understood, an extreme form was necessary; this form of tuning was through hacking.. and once hacking was understood (and pretty much died) the game just plain got boring due to the fact of the game being fully explored. (By the way I'm taking in account that GT5 and GT6 are pretty much equal or the same in respect to drag racing) so I'm not going to say that people aren't there to help anymore because they are... people around from the good days who wish those days could come back.. People who remember that we couldn't even change our gear ratios when the game was released.. People who remember this strange thing called the "ghost launch".. People who remember staying up all night fishing for that perfect tune with no way to measure it and not really knowing what each individual adjustment did in the physics of the game... I should probably stop because all I do on this site is talk about how things used to be.. I guess I just wish that when I sign on to this site it was as fun and exciting as it used to be. I wish that it had the same people that were always online and posting... One thing for sure, I don't regret all the time I spent with you all or with GT5/6.. All of that time was more than worth it and I can't think of anything else I would rather have had done.. I won't forget the good times I've had with all of you. (And you all know who you are..) so thank you. I didn't expect to type all of this... I mean I'm in class right now lol but I guess it all just needed to be said. Maybe I've realized that those times are not going to happen again. I'll miss them but will not forget them.

Well said PTK, inspirational :)

you say it like we are all like that which im not gonna lie some "pro" draggers are 🤬 but most are not and willing to teach :)....P.s I myself really enjoy teaching new people in fact i join noob rooms on purpose to see if i can find any potential, i've taught many people and there what you call "pro" in fact two of them are some of the fastest draggers still racing so 🤬 off with your criticism :mad:

PTK
I soo remember this hahah, i remember the ACR always banging in 2nd trying to get a good shift to 3rd.......or when everyone ran 3rd gear launch vipers lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Funny how you say no one gets paid to play gt6 , yet u have alot to learn specially the few in gran turismo that do Drag.

This place use to be so much fun :lol: but as ptk said, it was a completely different ball game in regards to tuning. All that trial'n'error, sitting there for hours on end.. Just ask my missus how damn long I spent playing that game hahahaha..

But seriously, especially with ptk, I remember having some of the best times I've ever had playing a game. Trying to tune that damn ACR..

Everyone talking about the good ol' days kinda makes me feel like having a group hug...

images.jpeg

Latest Posts

Back