What happens if we get no news at the E3?

  • Thread starter Thread starter dazzi
  • 75 comments
  • 5,004 views
Messages
327
Messages
dazzi45
Ok before anyone starts going on about some release date rubbish and complaining about this thread, this is just out of curiosity what will your personal reaction be if:

a) The Sony conference completes with no news of GT5 except a 'Its coming' word of mouth?
b) We Just get a 1 minute trailer like last year, with no mention of anything else?
 
I think we'll get news... this is one of the last MAJOR game shows before the "rumored" release date period of the game!
 
Answer for a) = I will become terrified and wont be able to even look at my PS3.
Answer for b)= Dido


Basically I reached my peak high waiting for GT5 a long time ago. Im more at like a numb come down from it all. Hell they could announce that it is cancelled all together and I dont think it would hit me til several days later.
 
I personally though know aswell my life wont change, but were we to get no specific info I think I would just stare in disgust at the E3 stream finishing :P. Im guessing its the same for many of you? this E3 will decide if GT5 ever launches :) and thats what scares me :nervous:
 
We will set up a donation basket, and send a couple guys to Japan to find out what heck is going on!:sly:


ps. Pretty sure E3 is when the flood gates will start to open!!




:grumpy:
 
We will set up a donation basket, and send a couple guys an assassination squad to Japan to find out what heck is going on 'persuade' PD into releasing!:sly:
There, fixed that for you. ;)

Anyway, I will not be too bothered, plenty of stuff to keep me entertained.
 
You know what, **** it, Im not buying GT5 until its a Greatest Hits, screw release date suspense.
 
I know there is plenty of stuff around ;), Im very excited to get my hands on God Of war III and FF13 when Im not poor anymore :P, but also the new Zelda and Mario galaxy 2. But in my eyes, this is a do or die so WE MUST! get info at the E3 if we want this game to ever come out, and trust me I have my doubts.
 
There, fixed that for you. ;)

Anyway, I will not be too bothered, plenty of stuff to keep me entertained.

lol

But seriously, I have learned from past experiences to just expect nothing. Its how you get the best surprises :) So, basically, I will expect nothing, and if by some miracle we get a massive look at night racing on all tracks, in the rain, with the new customisation features I will be wickedly awesomely blown away 👍

Oh, and dazzi, with the amount of money sony has always made out of gt, and with all the time and money being spent on it, still recently mind, there is no WAY it isn't coming out - Sony just want to release it at a time that will gain them the most money. It will be HUGE for Sony
 
Last edited:
As my father once told me, "Live life with no expectations, and you will never be dissapointed."
 
I hope your right :P or else it will become the next duke nukem forever :P.
 
You know what, **** it, Im not buying GT5 until its a Greatest Hits, screw release date suspense.


You and i know for a fact as soon as GT hits the game stores you will be all over it! If not the i would have to say you are not a Gran Turismo fan! Or you were making a joke!

If i was in my death bed i would make sure i played GT5 before i died!:grumpy:
 
You and i know for a fact as soon as GT hits the game stores you will be all over it! If not the i would have to say you are not a Gran Turismo fan! Or you were making a joke!

If i was in my death bed i would make sure i played GT5 before i died!:grumpy:

I would say the same thing flash. 👍

I would camp outside my game store just to get GT5. I am one massive GT fan.
 
We'll get some new trailers and hopefully an E3 2010 demo :D.
 
You and i know for a fact as soon as GT hits the game stores you will be all over it! If not the i would have to say you are not a Gran Turismo fan! Or you were making a joke!

If i was in my death bed i would make sure i played GT5 before i died!:grumpy:

Woah your obsessed lol. Yeah I will wait for it to come out here in NZ.
 
"
You and i know for a fact as soon as GT hits the game stores you will be all over it! If not the i would have to say you are not a Gran Turismo fan! Or you were making a joke!

If i was in my death bed i would make sure i played GT5 before i died!"

Sorry my sarcasm never really works well for me over forums :P
GT is in my veins, I'm currently trying ridiculous ways to get that weird GT Demo via Redeem Code thing in PSN lol
 
Ive noticed some people seem very very fragile on the topic of gran turismo 5 LOL
 
There is no possible way they wont release any breaking news about GT5. This wait has already damaged some of their credibility and to completely push GT5 off to the side in the largest game show of the year, that would be corporate suicide.
 
Don't want anymore delays.
 
If no news, then I would quit my job, go to uni and learn programing, design GT5 myself and play it. And all this before we get our next lot of pretty pictures to stare at while they make us wait .

Edit: And i'll probably have kids, buy a house and retire from work in the mean time.
 
If i was in my death bed i would make sure i played GT5 before i died!:grumpy:

That is sad man, this is a game. If I was on my death bed I'd want to spend every second I could with my daughter, wife and the rest of my family. GT5 wouldn't even enter my head.
 
I think you can expect news in the 3 months prior to E3.
 
To be honest, I would be pretty gutted. It's nothing that I couldn't get over though.
 
Ive noticed some people seem very very fragile on the topic of gran turismo 5 LOL

Yeah, I would put most on the same level as Twilight fans.:nervous:


(Really people, the game will come out and Sony does know what they are doing)
 
No info at E3?? No problem for me... its just like all the other times people were expecting info. Now if we DO get info from E3, then I will be truely surprised. At the moment my need for GT5 and info about GT5 has faded as the waiting period has increased, but I assure you when new detailed info DOES come out I'll be all over it like white on rice... ;)
 
Last edited:
I already expect it to arrive after this summer and anything sooner would be great but don't hold my breath.
About it just being a game, in the grand scheme of things, yes definitely, although i know it will affect my life in the first months of release anyway as most of my spare time will be consumed by it.
Sad as it probably sounds, at least there are likeminded people here who understand it to be quite important ( like a long awaited album from your favourite band ) in a slightly trivial manner.
This is a safe place to express this enthusiasm, as i can't expect anyone to be sympathetic for anticipating a computer game. ;)
 
What would happen if there was no GT news at E3? One of 2 things are possible.

  • The world would stop, gravity would disappear, and we'd all float off into space and die horribly.
  • Nothing (although we'd get a lot of bitching here from kids about how "PD owes them" something)

My money is on the 2nd one.

I would camp outside my game store just to get GT5. I am one massive GT fan.
You'd need a big tent then.
 
Does anyone know if it's changed to a worldwide release ,or is still a staggered date for EU/NA .....sorry if I've missed anything
 
Back