What I found out (tips)

• Thread starter Jbpd
  • 39 comments
Create multiple preset pit strategies before a race to make it easier to adapt, especially for changeable conditions.

Pit strategy no 1 could be set to the same tyre pressures as starting setup.
Strategy 2 could be set to higher or lower pressures depending if there’s to much or not enough heat in your tyres during first stint.
Strategy 3 can be set to a fresh dry set etc...

example:
A wet1hr race with 1 mandatory pit stop at approx 30 min. Rain gets lighter and tyres start to overheat towards end of stint.
Quickly and easily select most appropriate pit strategy that was set before the race for the new conditions using the in car multi function display (mfd). You will need to bind a button to it if you haven’t already.

It can be fiddly setting everything up before hand but once done it makes changing things on the fly much easier. Certainly easier than trying to set new tyre pressures for a change of boots whilst driving.
You can also set up to 30 presets.

If you have a brain fart and cut the track, immediately slow down. The game will see this and recognize it as an honest mistake forgoing any penalties. This also applies to speeding in the pits. Momentarily speeding in the pits can be compensated for by immediatly slowing down.

Last edited:
I found the Lambo in the young driver program is much more manageable to drive if you increase the preload differential. It fixes the oversteer you get when applying the throttle.

Also wanted to share this video. It's a little long, but tonnes of valuable information regarding setups:

Tire widget. The length of the center tread bar changes with tire pressure. When even with the other two bars, the tire is at optimum pressure.

Tire widget. The length of the center tread bar changes with tire pressure. When even with the other two bars, the tire is at optimum pressure.
I love this game but the lack of instructions drives me crazy

I thought the color of the tire represented optimal tire pressure. When you say length of the bars you mean up and down right?

I thought the color of the tire represented optimal tire pressure. When you say length of the bars you mean up and down right?
The color is the temp. Only the center bar changes length, so at 27.5 psi, optimal pressure on dry (higher for wet), the three bars will be the same length, under pressure the center is shorter, over pressure longer.

The color is the temp. Only the center bar changes length, so at 27.5 psi, optimal pressure on dry (higher for wet), the three bars will be the same length, under pressure the center is shorter, over pressure longer.
How would I have known this if you hadn't told me? I wouldn't have even thought to look it up.

Thank you

I thought you knew that.
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/acc-knowledgebase-link-guide-collection.394775/#post-13158474

https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?forums/acc-blog.87/

Spend some time in that section and you'll be able to apply for job on a GT3 team by Christmas.

In general when you're practicing, whether it's in a car/track you're not familiar with, trying to figure out a setup, or just hotlapping, go into options and turn off the option where the game keeps track of your stats. If you're pushing hard or putting in scruffy laps it will hurt your CN and CC stats over the long run. Turn the stats back on when you're done hotlapping and practicing and you're ready to race against the AI or in Multiplayer.

Did not know you could turn it off I thought it was set so you don't over push.
I know you can choose auto or a set ratings.

Tip:
Its not worth changing your car setup until you can do at least 30mins race with no mistake.
If you can't do more than 20 laps consistent then you never know what to change to improve.
Focus on consistency before blaming the car .

Also make sure you have a good wheel setup try it in all weather conditions to make sure you can get around the track consistently, even if it's a 4 seconds off your best time then keep going until you can go around consistently within 1sec of your best time for 30mins.

After that try with the AI once you can do that then play with your setup

Did you know the fireworks have physics too? The time it takes the sound to travel to you depends on distance and weather.

Did not know you could turn it off I thought it was set so you don't over push.
I know you can choose auto or a set ratings.

Tip:
Its not worth changing your car setup until you can do at least 30mins race with no mistake.
If you can't do more than 20 laps consistent then you never know what to change to improve.
Focus on consistency before blaming the car .

Also make sure you have a good wheel setup try it in all weather conditions to make sure you can get around the track consistently, even if it's a 4 seconds off your best time then keep going until you can go around consistently within 1sec of your best time for 30mins.

After that try with the AI once you can do that then play with your setup
This is why I haven't touched settings at all and wont for a while.

Does anyone have any tips on getting your car control rating up?

I've been hovering around the 75 mark, sometimes it goes up, sometimes it goes down. I found in options you can set it so you can monitor if you're doing good or bad for a particular rating. I turned on the Car Control one, and it's saying I'm overdriving the car/ turning too much in situations where I really don't feel like I am, for example Turn 2 at Hungaroring (long downhill left-hander).

Maybe I just need to look at reference laps more?

I've been hovering around the 75 mark, sometimes it goes up, sometimes it goes down. I found in options you can set it so you can monitor if you're doing good or bad for a particular rating. I turned on the Car Control one, and it's saying I'm overdriving the car/ turning too much in situations where I really don't feel like I am, for example Turn 2 at Hungaroring (long downhill left-hander).

I had a big jump in CC rating when I decided to short shift and use a lower dry ECU mapping for the Monza enduro. So, I guess I would suggest you try racing on a track you know well (or is easy for you), and cruise around (if you have a big lead) or follow the AI.

Ive found a good Way to improve all you stats is to do the following (I’ve been doing this to get my SA up, but it’s also helped CC and CN)...

30 min quick race
A track you are good on (I’m using Zandvoort)
A car you have a good feel for (I’m trying lots of different ones)
Start at the back
Drive fast and clean

For CC specifically, I’d use something like the 2019 488 or Huracan EVO... both are quick and have a lot of front end grip... the front engines stuff I’ve driven tend to have less front grip so tendency is to push them in to understeer. Drive at around 95% of your ability and hit every apex/exit properly. Oh, and stay on track/don’t crash!

Sometimes I drive with a pad when I can't be bothered to get the wheel out and because I can't control the cars very well with a pad I don't push very hard and my CC jumps up quicker than when I use the wheel.

Not as much fun for sure.

I have come to the conclusion that 'bumper' cam is more like windscreen cam.
In the pitstops you can see the front wheels going on. Therefore the 'bumper' camera has to be behind the front wheels.

If you drive up to the pitstop marker you are way too forwards and have to get moved back into position, and you can also end up bumping opponents from behind when there is still a small gap.

So if you drive in bumper cam just keep in mind there is a few feet of car in front of you!

IME, bumper cam in most games is the same as cockpit, just with all the cockpit stuff removed... same viewing point.

Bit more on this...

I just did a quick race at Zandvoort in the McLaren 720, 30mins, with the stats monitor on CC... it was interesting!

Starting at the back, with AI on 95/85, it was almost impossible to get green segments when following the AI... even when the field spread out a bit, they were running at their optimum pace, and I was keeping the distance constant, I would get some blue segments every lap for not being fast enough. There are a couple of corners where they are particularly slow, and I'd have to brake earlier than I want and wait to get on the throttle. My CC went down from 90 to 88 over the 1st 12 minutes of the race.

Once I'd moved up to 6th place or so I started to get some traffic free laps, so I could run closer to my pace... here I was expecting to get a lot of orange segments for over driving, but I only got the odd one... too much steering on entry, or some oversteer on exit was usually accompanied by a 'OK, but messy' comment. I got no further 'slow' or 'very slow' comments. Mostly I was either 'fine' or 'OK', with a lot of 'good' and the odd 'perfect', but I did have one off track. CC stayed at 88.

Once I'd got in to 2nd place with about 7 minutes to go, I ran consistently close to my optimum, had no off tracks, no major overdriving comments, and my CC then went back up to 90.

In addition to the CC changes, my CN increased to 92 (from 91) and my SA to 73 (from 68 - lots of very close driving, no contact and a lot of clean overtakes).

If anything, I think I need to go faster to improve further.

I'd also say that running hot laps, or practice would probably be a better way to improve CC as there's no AI to influence your speed and lines.

I'd also say that running hot laps, or practice would probably be a better way to improve CC as there's no AI to influence your speed and lines.

I tried to force my display to CC in hotlap (within the special event) but it didn't show anything. Is that normal or a bug?

Bit more on this...

I just did a quick race at Zandvoort in the McLaren 720, 30mins, with the stats monitor on CC... it was interesting!

Starting at the back, with AI on 95/85, it was almost impossible to get green segments when following the AI... even when the field spread out a bit, they were running at their optimum pace, and I was keeping the distance constant, I would get some blue segments every lap for not being fast enough. There are a couple of corners where they are particularly slow, and I'd have to brake earlier than I want and wait to get on the throttle. My CC went down from 90 to 88 over the 1st 12 minutes of the race.

Once I'd moved up to 6th place or so I started to get some traffic free laps, so I could run closer to my pace... here I was expecting to get a lot of orange segments for over driving, but I only got the odd one... too much steering on entry, or some oversteer on exit was usually accompanied by a 'OK, but messy' comment. I got no further 'slow' or 'very slow' comments. Mostly I was either 'fine' or 'OK', with a lot of 'good' and the odd 'perfect', but I did have one off track. CC stayed at 88.

Once I'd got in to 2nd place with about 7 minutes to go, I ran consistently close to my optimum, had no off tracks, no major overdriving comments, and my CC then went back up to 90.

In addition to the CC changes, my CN increased to 92 (from 91) and my SA to 73 (from 68 - lots of very close driving, no contact and a lot of clean overtakes).

In career mode I've found that the AI struggles at one corner for every track haha.

But in regards to CC I had a similar experience at Hungaroring. I did some practice laps to see where I was being "aggressive". Fortunately I was on pole for both races so it was just a matter of breaking away then setting some clean laps. Managed to get my CC up to 83 which is the highest it's been in a while.

I tried to force my display to CC in hotlap (within the special event) but it didn't show anything. Is that normal or a bug?
(Sorry for the double-post)
I wonder if they don't show that stuff in the special events. I'd try doing a regular practice and see if it's the same there.

Bit more on this...

I will like to piggyback on this and say driving either McLaren will help boost your CC. lol. I say this, because every time I drive the 650S or 720S, my CC goes up. For example, after doing a few runs for the superpole at Barcelona, my CC went up 18 pts...:boggled:

I can't think of any logical explanation for this, yet my personal theory might be due to my driving style. Most of the time when I drive a FR car in this game, the game things I'm "over driving" the course. Yet when I hop into either McLaren (or the 488 and NSX), I do not get punished for "over driving" the course.

Last edited:
Back