What (If Anything) Can PD Learn from ToCA Race Driver 3 in Creating the Next GT?

• Thread starter JohnBM01
  • 60 comments
Ithink the biggest think PD can learn from Toca would be the engaging A.I.

This this this. The ai in gt is so weak. They are on rails. Do not try to overtake unless you go out of the racing line or make a mistake, no out braking, no pushing to the tire limits. It's boring. The end. Trd3 ai challenges you. And not all of them drive the same. Some are more aggressive. Some will let you by if you're turning faster laps(on newer tires is the only time I've seen this) I've just for two days found my old power chord for the PS2 and searched for hours for toca.

Toca series tries to give you too much, while it may seem cool at first, it wears thin. I'm sorry but racing semi's is not only uncool, it's utterly boring, ice racing is silly when you decide to take street cars and do it. I only played a little of Toca 3 on Xbox, there is definately something up with the physics and steering. I tried to play simulation settings, for some reason my car decided that when I touch grass, it's like being in quicksand. And on simulation mode, acceleration from a standstill usually results in a spinout, guaranteed. I enjoyed Toca 2 for the most part, but I can't bring myself to play Toca 3, it just seems like the same thing over again, even new cars don't entice me in this game. For arguments sake, you can b&@ch that GT is the same thing, but it's the tuning, the courses and the actual different feel you get from the majority of autos. Nothing better than tuning a car to your liking and tearing around your favorite course.

One thing. I don't have a wheel. But driving in get with a controller you can't even setup your car because you don't know if it's tight or loose. It just makes you go slow enough to take the turn. Very few cars will oversteer or under with no throttle or brake. And abs... Everyone drives with abs and this doesn't help. Okay people want arcade sim with no close competition and want to upgrade their car until they can chase down the lead that starts 25 to 90 seconds ahead of you, fine.. when you lose traction until you're almost at a 50 degree angle. All you have to do is let off the gas and you'll straighten back out. Whatever. Apples to oranges but some of these comments get under my skin a little. I love gt and played it since PS1 but when I found toca. Nothing compares. I mean gt, if you try to race lmp, they are all different years from 64? To 2011 (gt6). I love both games but **** racing the 24(now minutes, puke) of le mans you can't even pick the year regulations and they change every year. Love you guys. Love both games. Give me rules and flags and class racing with real rules and start us together and it would be perfect, with a wheel so I can over/understeer. Until then I'll play both, but ten year old toca > then gt6 imo 90% of the areas. And that ten I can live without for the sake of competition.

PS. Is trd3 have anything after it besides F1 and rally? And is the PC version have better graphics?

Latest Posts

Back