What if... there were Famous/Movie cars included

  • Thread starter Thread starter Civicbus
  • 58 comments
  • 2,830 views
Messages
377
I was just watching some historic races at Leguna and it popped a thought into my melon: wouldn't it be cool to drive certain people's rides from all throughout history/movies?

the historic stuff you guys can figure out cuz everyone's got their favorite racer/race car. But for movies it'd be cool to drive Eleanor, Bullit, the Ferrari from Ferris Beuller's Day Off, The GTO Judge from Dazed and Confused, (and now that drag is in) The Challenger/Supra from F&F. Although the latter two would be, imo, outright lame on a road course. That's all I can think of right now cuz I'm zoning but what exact replica would you guys wanna see?

edit: DAMN you spellchecker!
 
Civicbus
I was just watching some historic races at Leguna and it popped a thought into my melon: wouldn't it be cool to drive certain people's rides from all throughout history/movies?

the historic stuff you guys can figure out cuz everyone's got their favorite racer/race car. But for movies it'd be cool to drive Eleanor, Bullit, the Ferrari from Ferris Beuller's Day Off, The GTO Judge from Dazed and Confused, (and now that drag is in) The Challenger/Supra from F&F. Although the latter two would be, imo, outright lame on a road course. That's all I can think of right now cuz I'm zoning but what exact replica would you guys wanna see?

edit: DAMN you spellchecker!



I think the funny thing is, out of all the cars you listed, the supra from F&F would probably be in the top two for a road course easily, next to the ferrari (unsure of model, but generaly they are top par in cornering)


As far as this idea, I don't know how well it would work, seeing as their just more cars like a charger, a ferrari, a mustang bullitt from back in the day, and not really neccesarily seen as just the cars from the movies.
 
There won't be any car from any movies, especially not Fast and Furious. KY as a very professionnal approach to his game and he will never accept to put such cars in it.

It's not part of GT's philosophy....

See ya :sly:
 
Lambo88
There won't be any car from any movies, especially not Fast and Furious. KY as a very professionnal approach to his game and he will never accept to put such cars in it.

It's not part of GT's philosophy....

See ya :sly:

The flawed part of that is he made a car for nike, and is now announcing a 350Z special edition. Not so professional anymore imo, and kinda disgracing to a sell out performance by the Gran TUrismo team.
 
You are forgetting that Sony/PD sell a bodykit (oh, okay "Aero package") for the real-life Nissan 350Z, stamped with GT logos all over. The association is, now, strongest between the game and that car.
 
Ceyvme
I think the funny thing is, out of all the cars you listed, the supra from F&F would probably be in the top two for a road course easily, next to the ferrari (unsure of model, but generaly they are top par in cornering)


As far as this idea, I don't know how well it would work, seeing as their just more cars like a charger, a ferrari, a mustang bullitt from back in the day, and not really neccesarily seen as just the cars from the movies.

The Supra I meant would be lame in the fact that it's all tacky with it's vinyl and bodykit/wing. I put it in there solely for the purpose of the Challenger/Supra drag race. The Ferrari was a 250 California Spyder.

Lambo88: I know my idea would never fly but that's why the title reads "what if". cuz it gives people the opportunity to race historic cars from historic races or mess around with some hollywood cars like The Bug or whatever else floats your boat.
 
The Trueno GT Apex SS Shigeno is in fact the AE86 from the cartoon series "Initial D", so why wouldn't they do this? Cars like Jay Leno's Tank Car are featured, so expect to see some cool other famous rides.
 
Lambo88
There won't be any car from any movies, especially not Fast and Furious. KY as a very professionnal approach to his game and he will never accept to put such cars in it.

The car that won at SEMA 2004 is gonna be in GT4 which means that KY accepts highly modified cars.... You lose... Sorry...
 
I think he was referring to all the extra flash & fluff on the F&F cars. Outrageous paint jobs, body effects that serve no purpose, neon, all that crap. The car itself without all that is probably little different from a car you'd be able to beef up in GT anyway. Especially with the Nitro in GT4, you could make a car just like F&F, at least in performance.

I'm not sure about famous cars and stuff.. I mean, he DID put Leno's Tank Car in the game, after all. I think it'd be cool to see stuff like the Batmobile (all of 'em.. hehe), or KITT. But I'm not going to hold my breath.
 
Civicbus
...
the Ferrari from Ferris Beuller's Day Off
...


...was not a real Ferrari.
Real Ferraris do not have Smith gauges.
 
240Z
...was not a real Ferrari.
Real Ferraris do not have Smith gauges.

I know but I didn't think it was worth noting cuz I didn't think anyone would really care...
 
240Z
Suure.... ;)

meh, I didn't write it in there cuz I didn't want to come off sounding like a know-it-all. :) either way it's still a sweet ride.
 
In the last 2 days, I've been a know it all about this car, 308s, and GT40s/GTs.
It doesn't sound quite as snotty on the interent, especially if you're talking about cars. :D
 
Movie cars huh? Well my list goes:

Taxi's 760IL
Taxi's Cron Vic
Cannonball Runs Tow truck, you know, joe Theisman's
The Love bug
The wraith
And of course Kit.
 
^that just reminded me of the Torino from Starsky and Hutch!

240Z:cool cool, good to know you know your stuff 👍 and whatcha doin with the Z?? I luv that model year. You've probly seen that Z with the Chevy small block right? That thing is sick!
 
Well I've had the Z for awhile, but I don't really have much time to work on it constantly. There are a lot of small-block Zs. It is actually a relatively common mod in the performance Z world. But, if you're talking about the silver, stock-looking one, I have seen it, in a magazine a couple years ago.
 
The Wraith, S.&H.'s Torino, probably more.

BTW,
forget Vin Diesel's Muscle car!
And put in Bullit's Charger and Mustang!
 
Not that it would ever happen but I'd want to see all the james bond cars, the original eleanor and the new eleanor, and the batmobile. But I bet that jet engine on the back of the batmobile suffers from huge turbo lag. :dopey:
 
Back to the Future Delorean DMC-12

Endurance race: Set destination to 2 hrs from now... crank it up to 88mph... :sly:
 
CAnt forget about Mad Maxs V8 Intercepter :). was that a real car?????
 
I think (although not a 'real' movie)Scooby Doo's Mystery Machine would be awesome.
 
Id rather have more LMP, DTM or JGTC cars
 
Lambo88
There won't be any car from any movies, especially not Fast and Furious. KY as a very professionnal approach to his game and he will never accept to put such cars in it.

It's not part of GT's philosophy....

See ya :sly:

That's why such italian car makers such as Ferrari aren't in GT, unfortunately.
 
usernamed
You guys aren't making any sense....
How are we not making sense? I'd love to drive these movie cars around the track in GT, but more than likely won't happen.
Which reminds me, I'd love to see the Defender from the Viper t.v show in.
Kick ass car. 👍
 
I'd love to see Il Tempo Gigante from Flåklypa Grandprix, a puppetmovie from the early 80's.

This is a fullscale 6.7 meters long replica built from the car in the movie.

ITG_Pic1.JPG
 
Il Tempo Gigante is awesome.. but they would probably never get the license for it.. the guy who invented it is pretty strict on licensing his products.. there is however a game, released a couple of years ago in norway, named flåklypa grand prix, where you could take this car out on the track.. pc only.. do a search and you will find.. spillpriser.no should take you there..

But guys, aren't you forgetting a classic..? I've watched Smokey and the Bandit over and over, from the first one released early 80's (I think)... The trans-am would be fantastic too..!! I'm not sure if I'll forget PD if they leave this classic out of GT4 (well, I would be dissapointed for 2 secs, only to find the first Golf GTI and praise PD for that inclusion :D )... well, that's just my humble opinion..

w00t for spoilers and wings.. can't wait to do a make-over on the beetle '49.. lol

edit:btw, its Ivo Caprino driving the car on the pic, the guy who made the movie.. and check out the number plate...!! it's actually allowed to drive on public roads.. :crazy: even my fiat tipo had trouble getting through the tests..
 
Back