What if... there were Famous/Movie cars included

  • Thread starter Thread starter Civicbus
  • 58 comments
  • 2,831 views
GTJugend
I'd love to see Il Tempo Gigante from Flåklypa Grandprix, a puppetmovie from the early 80's.

This is a fullscale 6.7 meters long replica built from the car in the movie.

ITG_Pic1.JPG
And it has a 454 up front and a turbine engine in the back. And is 100% road-legal.

We have a program broadcast on tv that goes by the name 'Autofil' (Translation: Autosexual) - the host got to take that car out on the streets. When he took a look at the exhaust system that car has, he litteraly put his entire head into one of the car's mufflers, just to show how big they were. And no, he usually doesn't put anything of his body into cars' exhaust systems.

The movie the car was featured in is great! Lots of weird phrases and cool effects. When the car leaves the pits, it does a burnout so fiercly that it burns of the tarmac.

edit: Here's the movie's official site: Pinchcliffe Grand Prix
 
Ceyvme
The flawed part of that is he made a car for nike, and is now announcing a 350Z special edition. Not so professional anymore imo, and kinda disgracing to a sell out performance by the Gran TUrismo team.

Nissan is sctually going to produce a real car called:
Nissan 350Z 'Gran Turismo 4' Limited edition, in Europe in the new year :)

The Special edition Demo of the same name will be released to help promote the sale of this vehicle, much like the BMW 1 series demo.

I think that this is a big nod from nissan to PDs professionalism, in acknowledging the Importance of GT, to actually name a car after it. :D
 
Wasn't it one of the GT games that actually first put a rear wing & minor body styling on a 350Z and it was Nissan that liked the look and adopted the styling from there???
 
I believe KY had a go at designing a kit for the 350Z some time ago, i think NISMO were interested in it, not sure if it was ever produced though.
I think KY has a real 350Z featuring it.
Their was some media about this, but for now I cant find it.

The new Nissan 350Z 'GT4' edition car, is a great mark of respect from Nissan to PD!
 
GTXLR
I believe KY had a go at designing a kit for the 350Z some time ago, i think NISMO were interested in it, not sure if it was ever produced though.

Yes they produced it, I think you can still order the kit through Nismo.
 
trEVO
Back to the Future Delorean DMC-12

Endurance race: Set destination to 2 hrs from now... crank it up to 88mph... :sly:

This is a car that would have real purpose :lol:

Famous cars eh? well maybe not outside Britain, but how about the Reliant Van from Only Fools & Horses? ;) (Knackered looking 3 wheeler that backfires to those who don't know)
 
trEVO
Back to the Future Delorean DMC-12

Endurance race: Set destination to 2 hrs from now... crank it up to 88mph... :sly:


OMG! that had me in stitches
 
We think the DMC-12 will be there. Delorean is mentioned as a manufacturer, and it would be kind of stupid not to include that manufacturer's most famous car. Hell, their only car. It won't have the BTTF stuff on it, though.. hehe. But even for the movie, the car itself wasn't changed much, they just added a bunch of stuff on top of it.

I asked Delorean about it a week ago, but I never heard back. I'm also trying to figure out just what the hell an '04 Delorean S2 is.
 
It'd be cool to see the Dukes of Hazzard Charger in there as well as 'Eleanor' from Gone In Sixty Seconds...
 
Jedi2016
We think the DMC-12 will be there. Delorean is mentioned as a manufacturer, and it would be kind of stupid not to include that manufacturer's most famous car. Hell, their only car. It won't have the BTTF stuff on it, though.. hehe. But even for the movie, the car itself wasn't changed much, they just added a bunch of stuff on top of it.

I asked Delorean about it a week ago, but I never heard back. I'm also trying to figure out just what the hell an '04 Delorean S2 is.
The DMC-12 does have some chassis similarities to the Lotus Esprit S2, so I can kind of see where they get the S2 from. That wouldn't explain the year, though.
 
OMG LIEK YESSSSS They should put in a speeder bike from Star wars and the MILLENIUM FALCON!!!1!one1! HURRAY!


ffs....We don't need movie cars...although I wouldn't mind ramping the General Lee somewhere and making a mini DoH clip :D
 
Arcticfox
The DMC-12 does have some chassis similarities to the Lotus Esprit S2, so I can kind of see where they get the S2 from. That wouldn't explain the year, though.

That's the only thing I can figure out, is that it's a typo. The only results Google was able to bring up were references to the Delorean being designed at Lotus at the same time the Esprit S2 was (hence the similarities in design), and someone got confused in the research (especially if the researcher didn't speak English and was using a Babelfish translation). Either that, or "S2" is the non-American designation for the car. That's a possibility.. on that list we have, all the cars still have their Japanese names.. "Fairlady Z", "Eunos Roadster", etc, rather than the "300ZX" and "Miata" that we call them here in the U.S.

I'm not sure about the year, either.. either it's another typo, a whole new car that we've never seen before (unlikely, we'd have heard something if DMC was making a new car), or else it's built to the specifications of the refurbished and overhauled DMC-12's that Delorean still sells direct (you can almost literally order one from their website right now). Which includes engine and suspension changes from the original '81 model (but for the most part is still the same car.. it's just faster and handles better).

But, regardless, I'd wager there's an 85-90% the DMC-12 will be in the game. I mean, the manufacturer is confirmed.. how could they not put DMC's most famous (only) car in the game? Gimme one of those and the Nordschleife, and I may never finish the game... :)
 
Jedi2016
I'd wager there's an 85-90% the DMC-12 will be in the game. I mean, the manufacturer is confirmed.. how could they not put DMC's most famous (only) car in the game? Gimme one of those and the Nordschleife, and I may never finish the game... :)
I really hope you are right!
 
mmm the 2000gt convertibles from 'You only Live Twice' would be awesome
 
Delorean was planning on making another supercar quite a few years back...

http://www.entermyworld.com/dmc2/dmc2right.html

That site might seem like a crapbeat site, but he's telling the truth! My friend has that watch!! He's a big Delorean fan anyways....

Also:
1968 Dodge Charger and Ford Mustang from "Bullitt"
Pontiac LeMans from "The French Connection"
Gran Torino from "Starsky and Hutch"
Every car from James Bond.
Shelby GT500 from "Gone in Sixty Seconds" 2001
1971 Ford Mustang Mach 1 from "Gone in Sixty Seconds" 1973 (I think it was '73)
Challenger from "Vanishing Point"
Firebird from "Smokey and the Bandit"
Dodge Monaco police car from "The Blues Brothers"


http://www.varaces.com/ Is the best site for cars from movies, bar none.
 
He never got around to it, though. Those plans for the "DMC2" were made in the early 80's, before the company went under. And John DeLorean actually is no longer associated with the DeLorean Motor Company, which licenses the brand. If anything's coming out of DMC these days, they're doing it without John Z's involvement.
 
Jedi2016
He never got around to it, though. Those plans for the "DMC2" were made in the early 80's, before the company went under. And John DeLorean actually is no longer associated with the DeLorean Motor Company, which licenses the brand. If anything's coming out of DMC these days, they're doing it without John Z's involvement.

Thats news to me, thought it was his new plans since he was trying to make money off of those watches he was trying to sell. Oh well, I'd still like to see the DMC-12, but other movie cars would be awesome as well....


....if the damn game ever comes out!
 
Take another look at the order form for that watch.. no one's used a form like that since the 80's. I think it was something he was trying to do about twenty years ago, then everything went to **** and the company went under.
 
Who joo gonna call? GHOSTBUSTERS

the Ectomobile!

2.jpg
11.jpg
 
OMFG... I cannot believe that I didn't think of that first...

Good to go, I6-4-eva. :)
 
Tatatataa tatatataa etc... Knight rider anyone? We're all three year olds here... Admit :indiff:

Edit: it should have the A-team van too then
 
Hmmm, delorean would be really cool :). In the movie looks like it has very nice handling ;)
 
I think they printed 2004 by mistake.
 

Attachments

  • dmc.jpg
    dmc.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 16
HAHAHAHA ghostbusters Ecto-1!! I guess if these cars are in, their respective theme songs should be in.

Another cool ride would be the A-Team Van!
 
i'd like to see the BMW 735I from "The Transporter" and the S8 from "Ronin." hmmm....Blade's car is pretty cool in the first movie....that thing is mean!
 
The Mercedes CLK-Class Car from Men in Black 2. Man, those rocket boosters would kick ass on the test course.
 
Back