What is Kamakazee or inertia drift?

kamikaze drift is when you drift straigth into a concrete wall...
:P excuse my horrible sense of humor, sorry
actually i've never heard of it

kamakaze is where you enter the corner at a speed that is higher than your grip speed, and you let the car oversteer into a drift which will reduce your speed to the maximum grip speed.

I doubt that. In most cases, at least for me, that causes understeer. But as far as Inertia drifts; its basically linking drifts. When you come out of drifting a left turn, and countersteer alot to the right, the car shifts right, and you countersteer left. Inertia..

Originally posted by The Prime
kamakaze is where you enter the corner at a speed that is higher than your grip speed, and you let the car oversteer into a drift which will reduce your speed to the maximum grip speed.

I've never heard the term 'Kamakaze drift', but I'm pretty sure that this is a good definition for Inertia Drift. It's basically just coming into a corner too fast and steering into it until the car starts to oversteer. It doesn't work in every car (it depends on the setup and tires) or on every corner. Sometimes you'll simply understeer and then you're screwed. You'll also probably have to brake during the drift or you'll be going to fast to hold your line.

-Mark

you people have wierd names for stuff thats all just drifting. Its confusing... :confused: :confused: :confused: but then informative. Its good to know what you call all that stuff I do.

I think at this point they're making up words. Inertia drift is legit, but I think kamikaze is more along the lines of "woh! that was some kamikaze drifting dude!" Also, Dori-Kaze (Drift-Wind) was a Toyota classics forum in BC similar to Club4AG.

Back