What is the "assist feature" supposed to assist?

• Thread starter RBG
  • 4 comments
The assist feature can be one of a few things, depending on how you set it:

If you set it to "TCS," then you've enabled the Traction Control System on every car, even those that don't have it in real life.

If you set it to "TCS ESC," then you've enabled both traction control and Electronic Stability Control on every car, even those that don't have those systems in real life.

If you set it to "Recommended," then traction control and stability control will only be enabled on the cars that have either or both systems in real life.

Then, of course, if you set it to "Off," it disables the traction and stability control on all cars, even those that have either or both systems in real life.

I like this feature design in the game; I alway use recomended, so only the cars that has the TCS & ESC will use it.

Wolfe:

I Think this will be a good recomendation for GT5 development; can some one post or recomend this info in the GT5 forum.

It's a bit dificult to me post it, English is not my oficial language.

Thanks!

I have also noticed that ESC/TCS can improve the handling of some cars (e.g., GT40), but hinder the handling of others (e.g., NSX). I find it best to run with both OFF, until I run into a car that I need a little help with. Then I make a test run, usually Tsukuba Wet, to see if the Assists help.

Back