What is the best GT3 car in Gran Turismo 6?

• Thread starter joetoml1n
  • 96 comments
@Ridox2JZGTE
How would you go about a GT3 tune?

I have NISMO GT3, Z4 GT3, SLS GT3 and R8 Ultra Phoenix tune on my garage, I also made several GT3 replicas from road cars - Ferrari 458 GT3, Camaro GT3, Viper GT3R, Emil Frey Jaguar G3. I am currently building Gallardo GT3, Ford GT GT3, and McLaren MP4 GT3. A member is making Aston Martin Vantage GT3, he posted on my garage the base tune, check it out 👍

The process is simple, but complicated in execution, turning a road car into a race car requires a lot of planning :) All of them needs body rigidity improvement for racing tire fitment. Some do not have aero/minimal ( no flat floor ), thus making a finely tuned suspension, gearing and LSD are very crucial.

The SLS handles great in stock form IMO, I'm in love with the GT-R GT3 right now, but struggling to remove the understeer :( I have tried varying tunes to no avail....

I haven't had the pleasure of driving one of the R8's yet, but I'm sure I will get round to one soon enough.

The Z4 is great, a little fiesty when jumping back on he power at times, but that's all part of the fun :D

All of them are visually stunning, and I would struggle to give a definitive answer :)

For me, the SLS is the most neutral in stock form, I only had to make a couple of tweaks to make it perfect.

The GT-R is a power-house, one that understeers like a house too, I mostly tuned that out though.

The Z4 is a tricky little SOB, what with a short wheelbase, wide track, and RWD. I have tamed it with my driving and my setup.

The Audi R8 LMS is...

Well...

I have won with it, but I never do feel like I have a handle on it.

(GT6 badly needs the McLaren MP4-12C GT3 too...)

I think he R8 team Phoenix is the LEAST BAD of them all. :lol:
His handling is ok and it doesnt understeer but all of a sudden it can do strange things, for example it becomes very prone to spin out at low speeds.

It's quite easy to detune some racers to GT3 spec: I have done so with the Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Racecar (the Z06 actually existing in GT3 guise), and the Ford GT LM Spec II Testcar.
Basically just ad ballast to 600PP. They lack downforce compared to the actual GT3 cars, but since you can balance them better with the ballast, that is OK.

Technically not in GT6, so totally irrelevant for the conversation at hand, but the RC-F GT3 makes me a little wobbly in the knees.

(OK, fine, it's technically been confirmed as a GT500 entry. Still, though, it's too cool not to share, even though it's totally irrelevant.)

I drive all four of the GT3 cars on a very regular basis because I enjoy them all. All are on RH tyres with power limited to official figures (BMW Z4 - 507BHP, SLS - 591BHP, R8 LMS - 512BHP[lower end of limiter], R35 GTR - 600BHP). All are set up for my driving style.

I had driven all 4 stock setup with oil change and now BHP limiter on timed laps (Nurburg GP/D)- the Audi on stock setup was more or less undriveable - the Mercedes clocked the fastest time and the BMW was slowest (3rd).

Having set them all up and limited BHP to official figures - the SLS and the R8 LMS both achieved a lap within 0.1 seconds of each other, with the Audi being faster, just. The BMW was down on power compared and lost a second a lap. The R35 was even slower than the BMW.

To define all 4;
The SLS is the most manageable by far stock setup or preferred setup, and has a lot of power. Small amount of understeer.
The Audi stock setup is far too jittery (for someone of my lowly skill) - when setup right it's likely the fastest, but still as jumpy as a bag of flaming rabbits.
The BMW is the best through corners by far - small amount of oversteer.
The Nissan, frankly is woeful. The car understeers until you put the power down, at which point it oversteers quite rapidly. It's power advantage over the other 3 doesn't make up for this, especially if the downforce is maximised on all 4 cars.

In short, I prefer the Mercedes (subjective, I love Mercs anyway), the Audi is a fun challenge to get right, the BMW handles the best and the Nissan is pretty ummm... no.

In real life Ferrari 458 GT3 is clearly the best therefore the most penalized in all those GT3 series.
Second best GT3 is McLaren Mp4-12C wich is the natural contender.
Z4 R8 SLS and Nissan are there with these two amazing cars only because of the thing I mentioned, the infamous BOP (Balance of Performance). Try a road Z4 vs. a road 458, no chance, not by a longjohn.
Mp4-12C and 458 are true supercars, but limited by regulations to run with mid class sport cars.

Not to mention the laughable BOP Mafia in WEC and Le Mans, with new Por$che allowed by organizer$ to run with 50hp more and better downforce than Ferrari because with similar spec they realized the "old" 458 GT2 could still run half a second faster every lap AND with better consumptions.
AND Ferrari are not even allowed to use self made 7 gearbox, they are forced to use Howland 6 gearbox.

In real life Ferrari 458 GT3 is clearly the best therefore the most penalized in all those GT3 series.
Second best GT3 is McLaren Mp4-12C wich is the natural contender.
Z4 R8 SLS and Nissan are there with these two amazing cars only because of the thing I mentioned, the infamous BOP (Balance of Performance). Try a road Z4 vs. a road 458, no chance, not by a longjohn.
Mp4-12C and 458 are true supercars, but limited by regulations.

Not to mention the laughable BOP Mafia in WEC and Le Mans, with new Por$che allowed by organizer$ to run with 50hp more and better downforce than Ferrari because with similar spec they realized the "old" 458 GT2 could still run half a second faster every lap AND with better consumptions.
AND Ferrari are not even allowed to use self made 7 gearbox, they are forced to use Howland 6 gearbox.
This thread is about GT6.

But how is that answering the OP?
Not my fault if PD pretend to somehow simulate a GT3 racing series without half of the grid and after 5 months there are no additional GT3 cars on DLC. And I repeat I mentioned real life, wich is never off topic in a game called the real etc etc...

the right choice if you wanna get a fast lap on nordschleive is BMW M3 GT2. it has pretty nice handling, I know it's GT2 car but that M3 just had a slighty different with GT3 cars IMO

So, why did you post that here if it was so irrelevant?

Because it totally should be in the game, and I just wanted to share my new favorite touring car with you guys! :) (Well, and to be honest I suspect that it probably will be in the game at some point.)

Mostly just because that car is super badass, though. (That and we seem to have a slowly building flame convo. seemingly beginning to build. I figured that a cool racecar might distract everybody from the smack talk because racecar.)

I think I may well be on the verge of curing the understeer problem with the GT-R GT3 :D I have been playing with, and tweaking the tune for the last couple of hours around Monza, and I feel like I am on the brink of hitting the sweet spot. Tuning for me is a bit of a grey area admittedly, so I am very happy with the current state of play that I am at now.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Z4 is definitely the fastest GT3 car, but I love how my SLS drives. For longer races I find the SLS to be better for me as I find it so easy to get into a groove.

People, he asked for GT3 cars. People aren't going to allow a GT2 car in a GT3 lobby.

The BMW M3 is a funny one, because we have it in two forms in GT6, one with GT2-spec ALMS badging and the other with Nurburgring 24H VLN spec branding. The cars that competed at the Ring were base GT2-spec cars that were modified to comply with the VLN regs which for the top class are basically GT3 cars (minor tweaks aside).

GT2/GTE cars are actually no faster than GT3 cars nowadays anyway, as the ACO GTE regs are much more strict than the GT3 rules which allow you to build whatever car you want and then have BoP'd to a competitive level.

Last edited by a moderator:
My favourite GT3 car is probably the Nissan GTR GT Academy `12, once you get use to the handling and power of the car it becomes awesome!

The GT-R seems to blast away the competition in my experience. So much speed on the straights.

My favourite GT3 car is probably the Nissan GTR GT Academy `12, once you get use to the handling and power of the car it becomes awesome!

The '12 car isn't really a GT3 car, it was a Club Track Edition GT-R that was prepared by Schulze Motorsport as works team car. One was race by Team Nissan, the other was Team GT Academy. It was in the SP8T class, the only ones that year.

That one is technically not GT3 spec, it raced in the SP8T class.The GT3 cars ran in the SP9 class.

The Nissan GT-R NISMO GT3 N24 Schulze Motorsport '13 is the true GT3 spec GTR.

Hmm, will have to dust off the Z4 anniv. then in order to test a little.
It seems I am a little negative to cars I haven't tested or do not know much about.
Will have to change that attitude.

Z4 is the best handling imo. SLS is nearly as good, but has higher top speed. The GTR is a big guy that needs special treatment. Cant corner near the SLS or Z4. The R8 is near the opposite of the GTR. If youre a novice, try the SLS. If you have some tuning experience, try the Z4. If youre a master at setups then the R8 and GTR are very fast especially the Nissans top end.

Back