What is the best Le Mans car?

• Thread starter Mattern
  • 83 comments
Just re-read the OP, and for the S-Class events, you may want to consider the Light Car Company Rocket. It's a prize car (not sure what for at the moment) or, only costs 100,000 credits, and can be tuned to 650 pp. It may not be the out-right fastest, but with only a four cylinder engine (only weighs 390kg) powering an open-wheeled body, you'll have an enormous advantage in making far less pit stops (if any) compared to the AI, due to it's incredible fuel economy.

Sorry for the double post, mods.
LIKE it = FUN! and a winner too! :)

I used to think that the Minolta Toyota 88C-V '89 was the bees knees in GT5.

In GT6, at maximum power (719pp) its amazingly uncontrollable, a slight tilt at 300km/h, and it immediately goes into a slow, unavoidable spin.

So not recommended.

Sauber C9 (for 750pp i think) and Nissan R390 (for 650pp) is the one i used on my old account (i did own Toyota TS020 of course but i didn't used it on the Super class).

However on my New PSN, i used the Rocket and Mazda 787B Stealth Edtion..... wait did i forgot myself? :crazy:

Last edited:
One vote for Mazda LM 55 VGT. In Le Mans 24 min, my personal best is 24:58.817 (with couple of mistakes), giving more than 2 minutes gap to the second car. With power limiter, you can adjust it to 650pp races, and win every race easily, even too easily some would say. It has very good fuel efficiency and does not wear tyres out too quickly, so the RS tyres are often the best choice. And the sound :-)

In Spa 24 min, you can do 12 laps and lap all other cars. My best time is 25:29.716, meaning a gap roughly two and half minutes to the second car. In Brands Hatch 15 laps, you can lap all other cars twice. I think this car really rocks.

Edit: After practising Nurburgring, my best time with this car is 24:41.455, a gap to the second car somewhere around 4 minutes. I did not have a pit stop at all, the fuel ran out just after the last chicane.

Edit: After more practising in Nurburgring, I made 4 laps with this car. My best time is 31:58.254. Pit stop after 3 laps, this time the fuel did not run out. Here is the replay:

Last edited:
Pescarolo c60 hybrid seems good enough I managed to win all le mans races by at least 25 secs (on b-spec too)

Pescarolo c60 hybrid seems good enough I managed to win all le mans races by at least 25 secs (on b-spec too)
Audi Ri is also okay as you have a little more fuel and has anyone tried the Toyota Minolta or the sauber Mercedes c9? I've had my eye on those for a bit.

It doesn't suffer fools gladly, I tuned it quite a bit to get it to where I like it. To me, it's worth it.

Mind you, it's limited to a 5 speed gearbox, and the sound could be better, but it's got a premium interior.

I have the sauber, the c60 hybride plus the ts030 and the gt academy lmp2 car.

I love all of them, the sauber and c60 can both do 5:49:xxx round the Nordschleife with the high rpm turbo and a half decent setup.

Ill be buying the 787b and the Bentley at some point.

I have the 787b stealth and it isn't as good as most of the me mans cars, and I'm not sure about the Bentley, but I think it's alright to use, as it was one of the top cars in my LeMans events.

I have the 787b stealth and it isn't as good as most of the me mans cars, and I'm not sure about the Bentley, but I think it's alright to use, as it was one of the top cars in my LeMans events.

Any LM car is the best if you tune it to your liking..
But it depend what are you looking from the car, some have great top speeds, some not..
It depends what you want from it

Im gonna say that the Nissan LM FWD car understeers too much in my experience, considering its a FWD, you'd expect it

HA HA HA HA not the Jag XJR9 (check out the other thread before you sink 2mil into it.)
I can't go past the Sauber its been my weapon of choice since GT4 a genuine monster.

My 2 cents on the best LMP:
Easy driving ability: the LMP2 you get for free.
Fun Driving ability: Any LMP or LMP2, or LMP concept that is RWD and has a LOT of power will be entertaining, even the Furai at 600PP (462hp, 775kg) is incredible fun.
Fastest: For me the C60. For you, your choice

My Stealth Mazda 787B is a absolute monster to drive. It's very fast, but it takes a long time to get used to the handling.

Okay so... I will be making a different answer here. I think the Toyota TS030 Hybrid is the best. If you make a race where the BHP restriction is 55BHP or the PP restriction is 623PP, the TS030 will win. I tried it and i beat all of my other LM cars.

Back