What is the decorum on the GTP_Something PSN name?

  • Thread starter Thread starter JLawrence
  • 35 comments
  • 1,853 views
I meant in real life. And I think if you can have a good close race with no contact it is a great race. Example: earlier this afternoon I raced my buddy with a couple of the old muscle cars on Trial Mountain, we both set personal best lap times, and it came down to a pass on the last corner of the last lap to decide the winner. And, the best part, neither of us touched cars once.
 
I meant in real life. And I think if you can have a good close race with no contact it is a great race. Example: earlier this afternoon I raced my buddy with a couple of the old muscle cars on Trial Mountain, we both set personal best lap times, and it came down to a pass on the last corner of the last lap to decide the winner. And, the best part, neither of us touched cars once.

That does sound like a very exciting race. I didn't mean to say that if there is no contact it's not going to be a good race every time but most of the time there will be a bit of unintentional and harmless contact throughout the race, this is also way more likely to happen if you have more than two people on a course at the same time as well.
 
Last edited:
Contact is to be expected in a close race. But it is certainly not required to make a pass in this game. Here's an example that we had to bring up a few weeks ago. I had a straight line speed tune with no downforce and another driver with a wing was using my draft to stay close and applying loads of pressure through the turns where he could carry more speed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JgguGmT-s40

On the first lap, we have a good drag to denger curve and my car (the one in front) had more straight line speed. I out brake and there is minor contact. This is close racing and I took a risk coming into that turn from the inside. Nothing wrong there.

On the second lap, in the esses I get tapped from behind exiting the final right-hander. Honest mistake maybe, but i had to lift off slightly and correct my angle to the next turn. As I'm turning in for the final left-hander apex I get hit not once, but 3 times and am eventually pushed off my line and into the gravel pit. The pit maneuver could have easily been avoided if the driver had lifted off after the first hit.

I have spoken to the driver numerous times and several other hosts in my club have banned him from certain events for rough driving.

But anyway, I'm not against contact in racing...I'm against using contact maliciously and ruining other's race. Do onto others. Anyone can pit maneuver...it takes skill to pass without contact.
 
Contact is to be expected in a close race. But it is certainly not required to make a pass in this game. Here's an example that we had to bring up a few weeks ago. I had a straight line speed tune with no downforce and another driver with a wing was using my draft to stay close and applying loads of pressure through the turns where he could carry more speed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JgguGmT-s40

On the first lap, we have a good drag to denger curve and my car (the one in front) had more straight line speed. I out brake and there is minor contact. This is close racing and I took a risk coming into that turn from the inside. Nothing wrong there.

On the second lap, in the esses I get tapped from behind exiting the final right-hander. Honest mistake maybe, but i had to lift off slightly and correct my angle to the next turn. As I'm turning in for the final left-hander apex I get hit not once, but 3 times and am eventually pushed off my line and into the gravel pit. The pit maneuver could have easily been avoided if the driver had lifted off after the first hit.

I have spoken to the driver numerous times and several other hosts in my club have banned him from certain events for rough driving.

But anyway, I'm not against contact in racing...I'm against using contact maliciously and ruining other's race. Do onto others. Anyone can pit maneuver...it takes skill to pass without contact.

pretty much can agree with this for the most part. i also agree with the person who said contact based on what kind of series is being raced. Take for example touring cars. the super touring cars of the 90's became known for the tense, close races with door-banging contact and making judgement on risky passes to either blow the race or gain you position.
 
Contact is to be expected in a close race. But it is certainly not required to make a pass in this game. Here's an example that we had to bring up a few weeks ago. I had a straight line speed tune with no downforce and another driver with a wing was using my draft to stay close and applying loads of pressure through the turns where he could carry more speed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JgguGmT-s40

On the first lap, we have a good drag to denger curve and my car (the one in front) had more straight line speed. I out brake and there is minor contact. This is close racing and I took a risk coming into that turn from the inside. Nothing wrong there.

On the second lap, in the esses I get tapped from behind exiting the final right-hander. Honest mistake maybe, but i had to lift off slightly and correct my angle to the next turn. As I'm turning in for the final left-hander apex I get hit not once, but 3 times and am eventually pushed off my line and into the gravel pit. The pit maneuver could have easily been avoided if the driver had lifted off after the first hit.

I have spoken to the driver numerous times and several other hosts in my club have banned him from certain events for rough driving.

But anyway, I'm not against contact in racing...I'm against using contact maliciously and ruining other's race. Do onto others. Anyone can pit maneuver...it takes skill to pass without contact.

Agreed.

I think some nudging and bumping is perfectly fine while racing hard but doing it to where it messes up the other opponents race is not okay. 👎
 
Agreed.

I think some nudging and bumping is perfectly fine while racing hard but doing it to where it messes up the other opponents race is not okay. 👎

I agree as well.
The point I was trying to make was that the whole bumping and whatnot won't fly much of anywhere beyond GT5.
 
Back