What is the fastest car in GT5 ???

United States
New York, U.S.A
XxOnLySBz4mExX
What is the fastest car in GT5 with an MR drivetrain?? I would really like to know.... please feel free to post your opinions here and thanks in advance. ( P.S. the Buggati Veyron doesn't count because it has a 4WD drivetrain )

Edit: Now you can post your opinions on the fastest car of any drivetrain.

Edit x2: The X1 doesnt count either because it obviously is the fastest car in the game, so just post what you think is the fastest, there are no wrong answers.

Last edited:
o and i forgot to mention ......... when you name a car try to say the base horsepower if you can. ( but you don't need to )

Top speed or around a track?

If around the track the X1 is the obvious answer if it's MR, otherwise a Formula car.

For top speed it still might be the X1. I've never turned down the downforce on my Pagani Zonda R, but I'm guessing it'd be pretty darn high. It has 956 HP fully tuned, or thereabouts.

Lol alright guys enough with the sarcasm, I think the dude realizes hes wrong. But anyways. I would think that the Lamborghini Murcielago SV has the highest base. Sorry, not sure about the base HP though.

I have the Peugot 905, R10 and 787B. From experience lap times tend to suggest R10 > 787B > 905 and top speed is R10 > 905 > 787B (tuned with ratios changed)

Top speed or around a track?

If around the track the X1 is the obvious answer if it's MR, otherwise a Formula car.

For top speed it still might be the X1. I've never turned down the downforce on my Pagani Zonda R, but I'm guessing it'd be pretty darn high. It has 956 HP fully tuned, or thereabouts.

where can you get an X1?

Derived from wikipedia

A slipstream is a region behind a moving object in which a wake of fluid (typically air or water) is moving at velocities comparable to the moving object (in comparison to the ambient fluid through which the object is moving).[1] The term slipstream also applies to the similar region adjacent to an object with a fluid moving around it. The reason that "slipstreaming" or "drafting" works is because of the relative motion of the fluid in the slipstream.

Does that help?

The fastest car in the game is the X1 hands down.

What's interesting is the fact that there is an option on most RM cars to tune an FC transmission to have a top speed of 298 MPH, but it is next to impossible to reach that speed due to limiters.

The fastest car in the game, for me, is the Ford GT, cause it's not THAT expensive and has around 500 HP. When FULLY tuned, its horsepower is of 1000+ HP. Also, it is MR, as asked by the thread starter.

By the way, here's a tip in how to slipstream:

In a long straightaway, get in the tail of your opponent. When you start to get a little bit faster, bail out, not too early nor too late and pass him with a +5\10 mph speed advance.

Derived from wikipedia

A slipstream is a region behind a moving object in which a wake of fluid (typically air or water) is moving at velocities comparable to the moving object (in comparison to the ambient fluid through which the object is moving).[1] The term slipstream also applies to the similar region adjacent to an object with a fluid moving around it. The reason that "slipstreaming" or "drafting" works is because of the relative motion of the fluid in the slipstream.

Does that help?

yes it did help alot...thanks for the info. :)

the 787B has better handling than my stealth R10, hence it being faster. i just completed the 111 m/s (400kph) trophy too with the 787B, and that's without slipstreaming.

the 787B has better handling than my stealth R10, hence it being faster. i just completed the 111 m/s (400kph) trophy too with the 787B, and that's without slipstreaming.

can the 787B be acquired in the used car dealership?

Fastest MR and easy to get is probably the Minolta Toyota race car won at the event ''Like the wind''

It got 1030hp tuned and only weight 850 kg so its good for a ratio of 0.82kg/ HP
And it handles like a charm !

I hit 380 kph on the Fuji straight with the 787b Stealth (love the car), I have to crank up the gearbox up to "11" and go for a spin in Le Sarthe with no chicanes, the trophy must pop up then...

I hit 380 kph on the Fuji straight with the 787b Stealth (love the car), I have to crank up the gearbox up to "11" and go for a spin in Le Sarthe with no chicanes, the trophy must pop up then...

fuji ain't enough, even SS Route 7, for the trophy. i got it on sarthe w/o the chicanes.

@Topic

i think the X1 should be an exception to this thread. shouldn't it?

Back