What is the fastest car in GT5 ???

Can we include front mid-engine cars in this discuss? :sly:

I feel like we should exclude the X1 from discussion since it's the obvious answer plus it's not a "real" car.

Can we include front mid-engine cars in this discuss? :sly:

I feel like we should exclude the X1 from discussion since it's the obvious answer plus it's not a "real" car.

sure you can !!!

According to this rather useful website the 787B Stealth Model (838 hp) is the most powerful, followed by the R89C Race Car '89 (789 hp). Of course I don't know the top speed, and I'm not sure if the X1 is MR, if so, it wasn't on that list.

this is a good site, thanks for sharing

Last edited by a moderator:
:sly::sly:
Not trying to hijack, but how are the "stealth" cars obtained?

although yuo do not think you are trying to hijack, i am sure others do. (just saying) :sly:

fuji ain't enough, even SS Route 7, for the trophy. i got it on sarthe w/o the chicanes.

@Topic

i think the X1 should be an exception to this thread. shouldn't it?

👍 you are right .... the X1 should also be an exception. (edit posted) 👍

Which is traveling directly behind a car which creates less air resistance and less air pressure. When pulling out of a draft or slip stream, be careful as the sudden burst high pressure can cause your car to get loose.

i thought so too. you can loose control quite easily

👍 you are right .... the X1 should also be an exception. (edit posted) 👍

yeah. the X1 is more than a hypercar lol. it's a prototype race car that is not bound by any motorsport rule, the only things that stopping newey and PD to getting it even faster is 1.) physics and 2.) current technologies.

so let's exclude the X1 from this discussion of fastest car, 'coz we all know it is the fastest, hands down. 👍

The fastest car in the game, for me, is the Ford GT, cause it's not THAT expensive and has around 500 HP. When FULLY tuned, its horsepower is of 1000+ HP. Also, it is MR, as asked by the thread starter.

By the way, here's a tip in how to slipstream:

In a long straightaway, get in the tail of your opponent. When you start to get a little bit faster, bail out, not too early nor too late and pass him with a +5\10 mph speed advance.

Do you have a specific build for it by any chance? Just bought one myself

yeah. the X1 is more than a hypercar lol. it's a prototype race car that is not bound by any motorsport rule, the only things that stopping newey and PD to getting it even faster is 1.) physics and 2.) current technologies.

so let's exclude the X1 from this discussion of fastest car, 'coz we all know it is the fastest, hands down. 👍

👍 i totally agree it has an unfair advantage towards the other cars in the game. Do you know if the X1 can be used in any A Spec or B Spec events? 👍

Which is traveling directly behind a car which creates less air resistance and less air pressure. When pulling out of a draft or slip stream, be careful as the sudden burst high pressure can cause your car to get loose.

it can get extremely loose

Well the dodge viper is only $100,000 and I fully tuned mine to have like 1017hp.

me too.... it is one of the few cars that are cheap and could be fully tuned to have more than 1000 bhp.

fuji ain't enough, even SS Route 7, for the trophy. i got it on sarthe w/o the chicanes.

@Topic

i think the X1 should be an exception to this thread. shouldn't it?

I got the 400 km/h trophy with my 1000+hp Bugatti Veyron. Hits 270 mph with ease on the straightaways.

But it handles like a tank.

Fastest MR and easy to get is probably the Minolta Toyota race car won at the event ''Like the wind''

It got 1030hp tuned and only weight 850 kg so its good for a ratio of 0.82kg/ HP
And it handles like a charm !

THIS. Outside of the X1 this is probably the quickest car. Its probably got a higher top end too though it remains to be seen...

All of the LMPs are fast. In GT4 I got the highest speed {without Nitrous] out of a 2D race car. hitting and holding 272 mph in the like the wind race on the old test track. With Nitrous I managed to get 276 old of an Audi R8 and out of a Ford GT. Never tried them all but those were the highest speeds I saw in game. I think the Toyota GT1 was actually the fastest top speed wise but one of the slower ones in the real sense of lap times.

Without a doubt the fastest car in GT5 is the X1. 2nd I would say would be the FGT. I'm not talking straight line speed though as this is not a straight line racer. The thing that matters is what kind of lap time can it turn in on your avg track and the FGT will walk away from pretty much everything except the X1 which will smoke everything.

The C9 is a fast car as well, so are all of the group c cars.

All of the LMPs are fast. In GT4 I got the highest speed {without Nitrous] out of a 2D race car. hitting and holding 272 mph in the like the wind race on the old test track. With Nitrous I managed to get 276 old of an Audi R8 and out of a Ford GT. Never tried them all but those were the highest speeds I saw in game. I think the Toyota GT1 was actually the fastest top speed wise but one of the slower ones in the real sense of lap times.

Without a doubt the fastest car in GT5 is the X1. 2nd I would say would be the FGT. I'm not talking straight line speed though as this is not a straight line racer. The thing that matters is what kind of lap time can it turn in on your avg track and the FGT will walk away from pretty much everything except the X1 which will smoke everything.

The C9 is a fast car as well, so are all of the group c cars.

thanks for sharing.

i drove a toyota minolta and it was pretty fast.

btw I hit 310 mph on Indy with the X1 while coming up behind a Minolta and it would have gone faster but I was closing so fast I had to break away and go around.

Lots of fast cars mentioned. I got my X2010 (They changed the name because there is already a X1, in 1947 Chuck Yeager became the first human to go faster than the speed of sound without crashing flying the X1) to 297 mph with no draft an Sarthe. Also the fastest in a corner and the fastest on any track.

I am surprised no one said the Formula GT. Easily the second fastest car on any GT track. Both cars are MR.

After that there are several cars bunched up and it depends more on who is driving and which track.

Back