• 6 comments

VBR

Meme Dissident in Exile...
Premium
England
Yorkshire
ScapeGoat4U
WhippingBoy
I'm thinking of getting a G29 just to play DC with, seeing as Evo have gone silent on the Fanatec driver front.

How is the FFB with a G29 compared to GT6?

Is it worth getting a G29?

:cheers:

Should be worth getting for other games like pCARS and upcoming games like Assetto Corsa and GT SPORT. This game to me suits the pad better than even with a T300 wheel...

Hey @VBR I would say its not as strong a feel as GT6 (I'm using a T500RS), from quick recollection there is only three levels of FFB strength. Low/Med/Strong. I have it on the highest, and the general feeling i would say is "lightness!" It does give good communication back though, there are lots of little vibrations and tweeks coming back through the wheel. And even though its not a heavy weighted feeling in the hand, you do still feel like you been fighting the wheel sometimes!

Try and go hell for leather in the Atom on a twisty track and you will know what I mean ;)

Also the "lightness" does help with the oversteer corrections, as some cars have tendency to drift you can find yourself making quite a lot of corrections.

Overall I am pleased with DriveClub, it is one of my favourite games for having a blast. Looks great, and from my point of view coming (mostly) from a long time with GT6, it felt quite natural and it didn't feel like I had to learn a whole new way of driving.

Hope this helps

Laters

Edit: Hmmm, seems like i'm wrong about the FFb settings!

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/wheel-settings-t300rs-or-others.340351/

Could have sworn there was only three before :confused:, hope the thread above helps too

Last edited:
Lightness is not the word I wanted to hear. GT6 has always been way too light as regards wheel weight (the curb & bump FX are very strong though), so if DC is lighter than that I probably won't like it very much. I guess I'm gonna hold off from getting a G29 for the time being then.

@hobbsy - :cheers:

VBR
Lightness is not the word I wanted to hear. GT6 has always been way too light as regards wheel weight (the curb & bump FX are very strong though), so if DC is lighter than that I probably won't like it very much. I guess I'm gonna hold off from getting a G29 for the time being then.

I always read someone post that have a thrustmaster wheel that say GT6's force feedback is too rough but they probably fixed that now. They did change the force feedback settings before though.

VBR

I wouldn't say it's worse than GT6, in some ways it's probably better as there is more distinction between the feedback! GT can feel somewhat dull at times, whereas DC feels more lively!

I played all three (including PCARS) last night, just to remind me of comparison.

Back