What is the worst voice acting you have heard in a video game?

Man thats hilarious.

Darth vader the posh version.
Been thinking about this lately, but what he really sounds like is John Boyega trying to do a Darth Vader impression while wearing one of those Darth Vader voice changer helmets. Not trying to make fun of John, I am just simply noting how similar his voice sounds to the Darth Vader in this game. I saw some interviews of him and couldn't help but notice the similarity.

I have to give Scott Lawrence a hand though, while his impression of Darth Vader was terrible in this game, he's come a LONG way since then though. He voices Darth Vader again in Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order and he sounds soooo much better than he did in the original Battlefront II, though one could argue it's something to do with the editing.

Last edited:
Anakin Skywalker in Star Wars Racer Revenge.

This one gets my vote simply because it sounds absolutely nothing like Anakin whatsoever. I mean, he's based on his Episode II appearance and if you go and look at any footage of him talking in the movie and then look at this, it's not even close. He sounds more like a character from The Clone Wars TV shows named Jaybo Hood and honestly, if he was in this game and that was his voice, I probably wouldn't have any complaints. (FYI he wasn't introduced until about 6 years after this game came out) However, this somehow is what they decided would be Anakin. If I had to listen to his dialogue with my eyes closed, without knowing who it was before ever playing this game, I probably would have never guessed it was him because it's just way too far off to be him. More so than Mr. Krabs from Spongebob Squarepants Supersponge is for that matter and theirs not many that feel as far off as this. I am sure Hayden Christensen was unavailable to voice him in this game, but still, where did they come to the conclusion this was acceptable?!

Last edited:
Have to admit some examples here are truly atrocious lol.
Im surprised the thread isn't longer, there sure is a lot of bad ' good' examples in gaming lol.

Old games are hard to match i guess for this, but in a little more recent games, skyrim isn't anything to write home about as well.
Not as bad as some examples here but pretty un-engaging voice acting, and many sound like poor arnold wannabees hehe.
Doesn't help that the lines are often boring and repetitive too.
I'd have a lot more but that's the one recently played i have on my mind right now.

Bo Duke in The Dukes of Hazzard Racing for Home.

Had to find some gameplay footage and a timestamp just to show it, but the game features the original cast (that was still alive at the time) but for some reason John Schneider did not voice Bo Duke and this was what we got. Bo Duke in this game is like Anakin Skywalker from Star Wars Racer Revenge I posted earlier. He sounds nothing at all like the character he's trying to be, probably even less so than Anakin. Why they thought this was also okay, I don't know either and I can't really say much beyond that without repeating what I already said earlier.

Thankfully John voiced him in the game's sequel and it was a million times better than this.

Last edited:
Pretty much every character in Lego Island 2.

Yep, all of it. I played the PS1 version again recently and the voice acting was even worse than I remember. While a lot of the characters I talked about here were posted for not sounding anything like the ones they're based on, these are just plain bad. Whatever their budget was for voice acting, I can't foresee it being too high. Though I will admit, I do think the Infomanaic sounds good in his own right and I see him more as a different interpretation of the character from the first game and not much else.

Although the video may say these are unused voice lines, it apparently is apparently taken from the PC version, and theirs some dialogue in the video that was used in the PS1 version. It was about the only thing I could find for this post.

I don't know about it being the worst, but I was playing Resident Evil HD remaster maybe a few weeks ago and was struck by the fact that they changed the voice acting, but it still wasn't, like, good. I have no problem with that fact, though, the awful VA gives the original a lot of its character (and maybe notoriety?) so it's fitting that it's better, but still pretty bad.

The VA in Crime
Boss: Rockay City is both terrible (Chuck Norris, Kim Basinger) and amazing (Michael Madsen, Michael Rooker). Fits the game though, which is a parody/over the top version of a 90s B-movie.

The Dynasty Warriors series has some notoriously bad VA its like they get people off the street to work on the game

I'm surprised no one has suggested the Crash Time series of games (otherwise known as Cobra: Special Branch). The driving is fair enough, but the cut scenes consist of waiting outside whatever building you start at or finish at, and listening to two men read from a script which started in German, was probably translated into French first and then English by a 50-year old.

I'm surprised no one has suggested the Crash Time series of games (otherwise known as Cobra: Special Branch). The driving is fair enough, but the cut scenes consist of waiting outside whatever building you start at or finish at, and listening to two men read from a script which started in German, was probably translated into French first and then English by a 50-year old.
I distinctly remember they pronounced 'siren' as 'sireen' during the tutorial on the demo for Crash Time II. So bizarre.

Dreamcast classic Shenmue is renowned for its awfully stilted English dub, partly because the talent they hired weren't all native speakers (was handled internally at Sega in Tokyo, rather than outsourcing like a lot companies do for overseas dubs these days), but mostly because the voice directors gave little to no direction as to how the lines should be read since they didn't speak English themselves. Combined with a deadline and an already huge budget, the voice actors pretty much just read off the page as-is and Sega were like 'yes, that's perfect, thank you' and that was that. Some would argue that's part of the charm though, since Shenmue III has the same wooden deliveries even though it really didn't need to.

Atomic Heart is really bad and a major turnoff for me. They couldn't even fake a Russian accent in English? IMO that would've injected some humor into its outlandish premise. Oh, and the Russian delivery sounds just as lazy and indifferent.

Atomic Heart is really bad and a major turnoff for me. They couldn't even fake a Russian accent in English? IMO that would've injected some humor into its outlandish premise. Oh, and the Russian delivery sounds just as lazy and indifferent.
One of the (several) reasons I felt that game had no soul. Did not connect with me at all.

So you posted this years ago:
I played NBA2K15 and remember much more bad voice acting than just this

And I responded with this:
If I had to describe most of these voices in one word, it would be “unenthusiastic”. Like, the voice actors sound like they didn’t even want to be in the studio when they were recording their lines.
And just now I saw this:

It's interesting how I thought they sounded like they didn't want to be in the studio recording their lines because, in that video, they really do look like they had no desire to be there! :eek: Not even joking. I guess my theory ended up being true after all. :lol:

Looking at it again, they sound like they were just reading their lines rather than trying to properly voice them too. That might explain why it looks like they're gazing at something in the recording booth.

Last edited:
Back