What is your favorite game in the Forza Horizon series?

Which Forza Horizon game is your favorite?

• Forza Horizon (2012)

Votes: 10 22.7%
  • Forza Horizon 2 (2014)

Votes: 8 18.2%
  • Forza Horizon 3 (2016)

• Forza Horizon 4 (2018)

• Forza Horizon 5 (2021)

Votes: 6 13.6%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
United States
Oregon, USA
KnightOfRen5563
Not sure if this has been done before but I'm curious to hear what ya'll think. Which FH game is your favorite?

Leave your reasoning below!

Last edited:
FH3.
Although the Australian map lacked proper tarmac, each area had its own character, and the beauty of the colorful nature and sky had a charm not found in Mexico or England.

And with the addition of unique features such as wide body kits, license plates, custom bucket lists, and Forza Edition, the evolution of the series felt like one generation has changed compared to the series before FH2.

GetPhoto (21) (3).jpg

GetPhoto (26) (6).jpg

GetPhoto (81) (1).jpg

GetPhoto (72) (1).jpg

These photos were taken by me in FH3. No photoshop.
Still, I was able to capture such a beautiful and vivid world. No other Horizon can capture the ocean and sky in such a vivid blue.

Last edited:
FH3.
Although the Australian map lacked proper tarmac, each area had its own character, and the beauty of the colorful nature and sky had a charm not found in Mexico or England.

And with the addition of unique features such as wide body kits, license plates, custom bucket lists, and Forza Edition, the evolution of the series felt like one generation has changed compared to the series before FH2.
100% agreed! It's a beautiful game with a beautiful map, and so much good customization. As you said, there's a charm about this game that is really lacking in the newer ones. The race routes were also fantastic, while the ones in FH5 feel dull and repetitive.

For me it is always a pleasure to pop my FH2 disc, and its my favorite for many reasons (the intro, soundtrack, the showcase events, the Mediterranean setting and that coastal road, the road trips), as it was also my first Xbox One game and my first Forza Horizon game. FH5 and FH3 rank just below, but I don't feel very motivated to revisit FH4.

For me it is always a pleasure to pop my FH2 disc, and its my favorite for many reasons (the intro, soundtrack, the showcase events, the Mediterranean setting and that coastal road, the road trips), as it was also my first Xbox One game and my first Forza Horizon game. FH5 and FH3 rank just below, but I don't feel very motivated to revisit FH4.
I wish they'd give it an HD makeover like 1 and 3 so we could appreciate its full beauty on modern technology.

The thing is, that to my eyes (through a Series X/Oled TV) it still looks beautiful. Sure a 4K treatment like FH3 would have been ideal.
It's the uncanny valley. Maybe if I rub my eyes really hard it'll look like it did at the advent of 1080p.

FH5 is my favorite by far. I find the map better/more interesting than any of the previous ones and with EventLab I can make my own tracks, which is a pretty big deal to me.

To me, the series has constantly gotten better, although it doesn't exactly take huge leaps with each title.

The skies were indeed pretty in 3 but the improved handling in 5 mean that I can't go back. At last I can actually race my S2 cars instead of leaving them to rot in my garage, and having a playlist means there's something to come back for once the main games and expansions are completed.

Last edited:
The original Forza Horizon for me. I much prefer the original narrative: entering the festival as an unknown driver, having meaningful opponents/bosses throughout the story (I also appreciate how the characters don't carry an unrealistically optimistic vibe) and tying progression to a wristband system gave the festival atmosphere a greater sense of purpose.

I feel like with the newer games, especially 4 & 5, being a festival superstar right from the get-go has resulted in games which lack a sense of progression. I am aware some people like the sandbox-type gameplay the series has become known for, but I certainly prefer a more linear approach.

The original Forza Horizon for me. I much prefer the original narrative: entering the festival as an unknown driver, having meaningful opponents/bosses throughout the story (I also appreciate how the characters don't carry an unrealistically optimistic vibe) and tying progression to a wristband system gave the festival atmosphere a greater sense of purpose.

I feel like with the newer games, especially 4 & 5, being a festival superstar right from the get-go has resulted in games which lack a sense of progression. I am aware some people like the sandbox-type gameplay the series has become known for, but I certainly prefer a more linear approach.
I never got the chance to play the first game, I need to buy it soon...

Compared to 5's way of executing the "Festival boss" narrative, I much prefer what FH2 did. However FH3 mastered it. There was still good progression with a similar narrative. Either way can work if done right, I just feel FH5 didn't do it right. FH3 managed to have progression with the same plotline and that's important. The game gets boring if you don't feel like you've earned anything and that's why FH4 and FH5's system fails.

The game gets boring if you don't feel like you've earned anything and that's why FH4 and FH5's system fails.
And I'm sorry you don't get the feeling of being rewarded but for me managing to get all the cars in FH4 or getting the last Accolade in FH5 was a huge deal and completing them is something I won't ever forget. But I'm also not really sure if the grind for cars is necessary. I bought the last 10M car in FH4 after one year of playing. I even remember that the Pista was a Playlist reward when I bough the Mercedes W154.
Sometimes I'm glad I didn't have to grind for cars in FH5. But I'm still a little bit mad that I got everything in a month here in FH5. Wheelspins need definitely some adjustment in future games.

All I get from wheelspins are socks and 5,000 credit prizes. I wish I could be pissed at having the best cars handed to me on a plate as I have to hit up the auction houses when I want a rare vehicle in a hurry.

Yeah they nerfed the wheelspins. It was more generous in the beginning. I also bought all the clothing items and grinded those Willys a little bit too much.

Yeah they nerfed the wheelspins. It was more generous in the beginning. I also bought all the clothing items and grinded those Willys a little bit too much.
That sounds painful. I filled my wardrobe with purchased useless tat and vanity items but it was too late. I also made a few dozen million on collecting and selling jeeps and driving up and down the motorway on AFK EventLabs but they nerfed that too shortly after I started.

What I can say is that FH5 is the Horizon in which I've got closer to 100% completion than any of the others which I found too frustrating and unrewarding to keep grinding after the end game was completed. Guess everyone's boredom threshhold is different.

Last edited:
I did FH2 when it became available in the games for gold line up. Started playing it while getting bored with FM7. It was a kick. I never played FH3. But I liked FH2 enough to go all in with FH4. Looking back I would have rather just bought the base FH4 because compared to FH2 it was lacking in the Horizon festival spirit of the game.

FH5, in my opinion is just a cut and paste version of FH4 with the best parts left out. By the time FH6 comes out, its a high probability I will have moved over to the PS5.

The only thing that would keep me on the xbox would be for T10 and PGG to create a mega game where Horizon and Motorsport merge into one game. Where you can simcade across a mega open world festival map, to the various sim race Motorsport tracks.

Wheelspin. Anything lower than 10,000cr is a lost cause and an insult to players. PGG should be ashamed of ever putting these low count spins on the wheel. Cars and other items should clear ftom the wheel once they have been own and replaced with a cr value in equal amount.

I did FH2 when it became available in the games for gold line up. Started playing it while getting bored with FM7. It was a kick. I never played FH3. But I liked FH2 enough to go all in with FH4. Looking back I would have rather just bought the base FH4 because compared to FH2 it was lacking in the Horizon festival spirit of the game.

FH5, in my opinion is just a cut and paste version of FH4 with the best parts left out. By the time FH6 comes out, its a high probability I will have moved over to the PS5.
Agreed! The festival atmosphere is really missing in the new games. 2 and 3 had that atmosphere that 4 and 5 are missing. FH4 was a mediocre game with some good parts. FH5 is a copy-paste disaster with few redeeming qualities.

I didn't play FH2 (no Xbox One), but have played FH1/3/4/5 extensively.

For me FH1 was never that great. Physics were a bit iffy, the map was too brown, and the off-road mechanics were very much in the early stages. It felt like a promising early test, and it has proven so since the series hit it's stride in FH3.

I enjoyed FH3 a lot: The map was great, the "go anywhere" feel was amazing, the lighting and ambience was excellent... but the physics were still somewhat annoying. I just didn't enjoy driving all that much.

For me FH4 is where the series came great. The physics were tweaked just enough to be a joy to play. The map may be less varied, but I'm biased in that I prefer driving around Northern European forests and grasslands rather than deserts. The seasonal weather introduced some amazing variety. And the car list - wow, what a car list.

FH5 took the physics and refined it even further (definitely the best of the series to drive), and the diverse scenery is amazing, as is the enormous map. But somehow I find myself preferring those forests and grasslands of FH4 if I had to choose just one to play.

So yeah, apparently for me the physics and driving experience is most important. Then after that the car list and scenery. The festival atmosphere I really don't care about, as long as I can have fun driving a huge variety of amazing cars around an interesting map with a decent driving feel.

Last edited:
I didn't play FH2 (no Xbox One), but have played FH1/3/4/5 extensively.

For me FH1 was never that great. Physics were a bit iffy, the map was too brown, and the off-road mechanics were very much in the early stages. It felt like a promising early test, and it has proven so since the series hit it's stride in FH3.

I enjoyed FH3 a lot: The map was great, the "go anywhere" feel was amazing, the lighting and ambience was excellent... but the physics were still somewhat annoying. I just didn't enjoy driving all that much.

For me FH4 is where the series came great. The physics were tweaked just enough to be a joy to play. The map may be less varied, but I'm biased in that I prefer driving around Northern European forests and grasslands rather than deserts. The seasonal weather introduced some amazing variety. And the car list - wow, what a car list.

FH5 took the physics and refined it even further (definitely the best of the series to drive), and the diverse scenery is amazing, as is the enormous map. But somehow I find myself preferring those forests and grasslands of FH4 if I had to choose just one to play.

So yeah, apparently for me the physics and driving experience is most important. Then after that the car list and scenery. The festival atmosphere I really don't care about, as long as I can have fun driving a huge variety of amazing cars around an interesting map with a decent driving feel.
It sounds like the real poll should be "which element do you enjoy most about driving games?" as people's choices seem to be based on whether car list, environment, game progression, driving physics, graphics/skybox etc is important to them.

For me I prefer the copy-paste disaster because without decent driving mechanics I can't really enjoy the map and graphics as I progress through the game.

Sure, I miss the Lancias and Alfas of previous games but I don't miss the unbreakable scenery and lack of urban environments.

Last edited:
FH3. I haven't played it since FH4 came out, but looking back it's the one I've enjoyed the most (and/or bitched about the least). I liked the graphics and the map with distinctly different environments.

Perhaps the biggest upside was that it was possible to play and progress at my own pace without the fear of missing out on prizes if real life gets in the way. Pandemic wreaked havoc at work and things never returned the old normal, and since working 10-12 hours/day is the new normal, grinding for prize rides with limited spare time in FH4&5 have felt like a chore.

FH3 - massive hype. And it didn‘t disappoint. Its the FH base game I played the most hours… BY FAR. It also has the 2 best expansion pack… by far. And yes, FH3 HW is better than FH5 HW.

FH3 - massive hype. And it didn‘t disappoint. Its the FH base game I played the most hours… BY FAR. It also has the 2 best expansion pack… by far. And yes, FH3 HW is better than FH5 HW.
Hot Wheels Australia was too slippery for me... by far. I couldn't even stay on the track. No such problems above Mexico.

Maybe I'm being biased but it's Horizon 2 for me.

It's still my favourite when it comes to the map design, soundtrack, atmosphere and car sounds. The progression was fine and online mode was fun albeit i prefer FH1 in that regard.

Yes, i appreciate the many improvements and quality of life changes that later releases have brought to mind. However, I honestly feel like the series have started to get a bit stale and dare i say lose some of it's soul. Like don't get me wrong, Horizon 5 is a good game in my opinion but i only ever come back to it just so i can play with my buddies on Thursday. I don't even care that much about Forzathon.

Horizon 6 needs to be something above and beyond any of the previous entries if not most racing games out there. Setting it in the countrysides of Japan and calling it a day won't do much for me.

Last edited:
Forza Horizon 4 (may be biased as a Brit) but the weekly season change was such a clever way to get people to keep coming back, or potentially avoid for a week.

Having bonus boards only accessible during Winter, due to the lake freezing over, and all the vehicles having winter sludge covering them, then weeks later, in the gleaming sunshine.

This is why I am so disappointed in FH5 - there are seasons (apparently), but I cant tell the difference between any of them.

Last edited:
Forza Horizon 4 (may be biased as a Brit) but the weekly season change was such a clever way to get people to keep coming back, or potentially avoid for a week.

Having bonus boards only accessible during Winter, due to the lake freezing over, and all the vehicles having winter sludge covering them, then weeks later, in the gleaming sunshine.

This is why I am so disappointed in FH5 - there are seasons (apparently), but I cant tell the difference between any of them.
Never been to Mexico, eh?

Back