What is your favourite corner on Gran Turismo Sport?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Crazy Taylor
  • 84 comments
  • 4,651 views
The tightening then opening right at Lago Maggiore. Turn 5 I think.
 
How about: "Everton to win the PL. Discuss"

;)

OYE!!!!!!

I like the high speed esses on Dragon Trail, but only when driving them uphill. Getting the entry correct and powering past slower cars at the top of the hill down to the slow right hander.

I just can't this section right when downhill, though.
 
Have to say the most exhilarating bend is the 1st (full speed) right hander after the long flat out section at Nordschleife (Teirgarten?) because of the poop your pants panic-braking that starts immediately after. :eek:
Special mentions to the DT bus stop and the banked hairpin at Maggiore.

All time GT series favourite corner is the Corkscrew at Laguna Sega, but hey, just have to wait for that to be added...
 
Flugplatz section in Nordschleife.
 
I still have scars on my arse from binning my Yamaha down paddock hill bend, so I take a great amount of pleasure from getting it right. my current favourite though has to be that squillion apex bend at DT gardens

How creepy is that crest on a bike?
 
Dragon trail bus stop would be a non starter in the real world right, esp. Tilke World?

Its just too dangerous?

I would say overall that the new PD GTS tracks tend to nail many great and pleasureable corners. There are a few that sort of say "2nd" or "3rd" but you can control it in a higher gear.
 
Best corner in the world...the whole nordschleife! :D 👍👍👍
 
Last edited:
Credit it where it is due to PD the double chicane section starting at turn 2 on Dragon Tail Gardens is pretty special, it is great to see the different lines people can take through there and it can lead to some great racing :D
 
Some turns that I like, to make out one favourite is difficult:
- All corners on the Nordschleife, standing out are Flugplatz, Arenberg (because it is fun on a road bike as well and you need to nail it to hit 100kph in the Fuchsröhre), Mutkurve, Pflanzgarten 1 and 2, I also like the Hohenrain Schikane very much.
- Degner curves (both) as it feels great to hit em just right and you often gain positions here because of people going into the gravel.
- Surtees on BH as I find it difficult to find the perfect turn-in point and it feels great when you hit it.
- I somehow like the left-right combination after the Schumacher-S
- T2 at Bathurst going over the curb near the wall on the exit and the uphill section directly after it.
- many others as well...
 
I love the right turn just before the Caracciola Carousel. Perfect for drifting :-)

Edit: Almost forgot to mention all the high speed turns at Tokyo Inner Course. Especially the fast right hander into the tunnel.
 
I love the right turn just before the Caracciola Carousel. Perfect for drifting :-)

Now you're making me miss driving the RUF on the ring. I used to love harassing defensive inside drivers by drifting the outside line on their tail while keeping pace with them. So much fun.
 
Dragon trail bus stop would be a non starter in the real world right, esp. Tilke World?

Its just too dangerous?

I would say overall that the new PD GTS tracks tend to nail many great and pleasureable corners. There are a few that sort of say "2nd" or "3rd" but you can control it in a higher gear.


They wouldn’t build a new track featuring a corner like that. But if it would already exist on an old track I think it would still get used. Bathurst is even scarier in my mind and there are still races there.

Formula 1 or LMPs would be out of the question but touring cars and race cars up to GT3 should be fine.
 
Reid Park, Sulman Park, McPhillamy .... get it right and the lap times drop.
 
I really like the 24hr version of the chicane at the end of the Nurburgring GP circuit section. A lovely little left right jink.
 
I’m going to catch hell for this, but the first two corners going up the hill with the tire bridge at Alsace - Reverse. It’s a seriously fun little chicane with the walls and incline.
 
the high speed right hander before the final chicane at ring GP, i don't think i've ever screwed up that turn.
 
the high speed right hander before the final chicane at ring GP, i don't think i've ever screwed up that turn.
Don't jinx yourself for the FIA race tomorrow. :scared:
 
Lesmos, Degnas, T2 & 3 on Blue Moon inner layout, any of those short apex medium-high speed corners. Love slotting the car through as fast as possible using all the track (and more).
 
Back