What is your favourite corner on Gran Turismo Sport?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Crazy Taylor
  • 84 comments
  • 4,651 views
I like the last one at Tsukuba... but the other corners there are great too.
 
Not sure which of them I like, but is it allowed to list the ones I hate?

- S'es in suzuka
- spoon in suzuka
- casino triangle in suzuka
- all infield turns Brands Hatch
- bus stop dragon trail
- last turn dragon trail
- last turn in NB

What track is NB? :D
 
I'm the only one who loves Brands Hatch?? :lol:

I'll always love Surtees (the odd left hander leading to Hawthorne's) as the incline makes the trail braking there easier. Your speed there also dictates how you cover everything all the way through to Sterling's bend. So it's this totally underrated, underperformed, but crucial corner that I'm always able to make up time on.
 
Last edited:
As soon as it's in GTS it'll be an entire track in stead of just 1 turn or a follow up of turns (for me personally).

Eau Rouge, Kemmel Straight, Pouhon, omg i can't choose haha. I want Spa in here asap!

Of the current tracks I'd choose any of the legendary nordschleife turns but I'm going for the dragon trail bus-stop chicane, when you nail that chicane at full throttle I can't help but get a Monaco feeling. The most exhilarating chicane/corner combo of the new GTS tracks imho.
 
Pflanzgarten because... jump!

8441842301_8289faba90_b.jpg


3854662253_bcfeb57e34_b.jpg
 
20180503_130933.jpg
It would have to be Monza....prefrebly in an Audi R18.....Curva Biassono
 
For the current tracks, I'd have to agree with Dragon Trail Bus Stop chicane. Lots of other favourites but hit that one right and it feels sooooo right. Now, they bring to Laguna Seca into the GT Sport world. The corkscrew there is one of my all time favourite cornes in the GT series.
 
I have a real hard time picking just one corner.
I do like corners that link and allow varied tactics to gain under entry, exit, or screw both and just nail the whole section...
and then there is this...
Karussell to Schwalbenschwanz at the Nordschleife :bowdown:

If I had to pick one corner, I think it would be...
I'll always love Surtees (the odd left hander leading to Hawthorne's) as the incline makes the trail braking their easier. Your speed there also dictates how you cover everything all the way through to Sterling's bend. So it's this totally underrated, underperformed, but crucial corner that I'm always able to make up time on.
100% agree...
because, on that track, it is the only corner "I" can figure strategy... all the other corners on that track feel like there is a single "follow the leader" line... or stick it down the inside at the hairpin (Druids)...
pretty much every other track in the game has 2 or more spots to alter approach/apex/exit to gain ground, but, here... well, it's the only corner that allows for that... for me... maybe I'm just not good enough here to see it elsewhere on this track.
 
The downhill banked hairpin at Maggiore :) So many good memories there! Made a bunch of online friends after amazing moves/battles in that sector.

That, and the uphill esses on Dragon Trail. It just feels so good when you get it right.
 
From Forrest's Elbow, down through Conrod and up to The Chase at Bathurst.
 
...all the other corners on [Brand's] feel like there is a single "follow the leader" line... or stick it down the inside at the hairpin (Druids)...
pretty much every other track in the game has 2 or more spots to alter approach/apex/exit to gain ground, but, here... well, it's the only corner that allows for that... for me... maybe I'm just not good enough here to see it elsewhere on this track.

For me, the key has always been to pressure and throw pass feints to make them abandon their line to drive defensively. The line is so specific on most of Brand's that I'm always looking to pounce on an error. Key spots for mistakes are Paddock, Surtees, Dingle Dell Corner, and Stirling's. Catching a tire off of the tarmac on any of those will rip a car off of the track. People always blow the exit line on Stirling's either cutting too tight on the inside and mowing the lawn or exiting too wide and scrubbing off of the kerb.

My biggest problem on that entire course is Clark Curve because I prefer a late and wide line for the extra speed on the straight, but it just invites people to dive bomb on the inside so I'm always forced to drive the defensive line which means I pick up a tailgater leading into Paddock which is scary as all hell to deal with.

brands.jpg
 
There is only one true answer. My favorite corner is the one I can get right. :lol:
 
For me, the key has always been to pressure and throw pass feints to make them abandon their line to drive defensively. The line is so specific on most of Brand's that I'm always looking to pounce on an error. Key spots for mistakes are Paddock, Surtees, Dingle Dell Corner, and Stirling's. Catching a tire off of the tarmac on any of those will rip a car off of the track. People always blow the exit line on Stirling's either cutting too tight on the inside and mowing the lawn or exiting too wide and scrubbing off of the kerb.

My biggest problem on that entire course is Clark Curve because I prefer a late and wide line for the extra speed on the straight, but it just invites people to dive bomb on the inside so I'm always forced to drive the defensive line which means I pick up a tailgater leading into Paddock which is scary as all hell to deal with.

brands.jpg
I can't count the number of times I have someone drive into me at full speed coming into Paddock Hill sending me off into the dirt and picking up penalties while they get off scott free.
 
I can't count the number of times I have someone drive into me at full speed coming into Paddock Hill sending me off into the dirt and picking up penalties while they get off scott free.

How many of them were in Meganes? ;) Used to be a massive problem when it was Op, now not quite as much.
 
Eiskurve or "Ice curve" in English because you can gain or lose seconds around this blind right crest.

nurburgring-cornering-map-guide-download.jpg
 
I love the two sweepers at Kyoto Yamagiwa, which I can usually take in 5th gear in a Gr.3 car. The smoothness is just so satisfying.
 
I wish it was in GTS.


 
I still have scars on my arse from binning my Yamaha down paddock hill bend, so I take a great amount of pleasure from getting it right. my current favourite though has to be that squillion apex bend at DT gardens
 
Definitely Turn 1 on Northen Isle Speedway! So difficult, but when you get it down! Sheesh mageesh it is fun!

I debated between turns 1 and 2 but I like turn 1 best!
 
Lago Maggiore, past the banked hairpin and past the left-right sweepers that follow... there's a double-right section that is extremely satisfying. When I enter at the correct speed, and allow a little speed to scrub off after the first turn, I enter the second turn at the perfect speed and can get on-throttle way before the apex... oh yeah...
 
Back