What is your favourite thing so far

• Thread starter torque99
  • 85 comments
It makes me feel like I'm in a race so much more than any game before. Every overtake feels like an achievement at high AI difficulties, I get worked up over mistakes, and spins cause immense frustration. I have to remind myself that it's only a game, but every race, every overtake, every little slip, feels like it really matters, which I imagine is how real racers feel. That's something special to achieve in a game.

It makes me feel like I'm in a race so much more than any game before. Every overtake feels like an achievement at high AI difficulties, I get worked up over mistakes, and spins cause immense frustration. I have to remind myself that it's only a game, but every race, every overtake, every little slip, feels like it really matters, which I imagine is how real racers feel. That's something special to achieve in a game.

Well put. I've had so many great experiences already where I almost get tunnel vision because I'm so focused trying to feel every inch of the car and track. The best moments are when you're chasing a really good opponent and you're constantly watching the time difference to see if you are gaining on him/her. You're just waiting for that small mistake that will let you overtake. :D

The Pagani Monza Club Day is one of the best things I've done so far.

In the practice section I completely lost track of time just by driving. Not driving fast.. Just driving. I don't know if the best thing was driving the Huayra or driving between two Roadsters. I love the Huayras handling. And the sound of the Roadster is pure awesomeness.

Another thing I've just recently fallen completely in love with in this game is the Ariel Atom Mugen, taking it out for a spin in wet condition. I was only supposed to ''do a few laps'' before bed time but instead ended up sliding around the Bugatti Circuit with a huge grin on my face for another hour. Those powerslides are just so damn fun and easy pulling off, not to mention controllable.

QSwjC4T.png

Cool things I like after 12 hours playing.

The superkart, the exhaust exit is on the rear left so once racing around the rear left tyre is always hotter than that rest because of it, cool touch.

Proper FWD! The Clio handles how a Clio cup should, the replays look insanely like watching the real thing on TV. No understeer for the sale of understeer, just proper hot hatch racing feel.

I echo the post a few above, the Monza Pagani club invitational is absolutely sensational. The feel, the sound, everything.

Stones and rubber. Noticed this racing the Clios on Snetterton. Car in front ran over some stones or bits of rubber and a bit flicked up and bounced off my cars bonnet /windshield. Made an audible thwack as well.

Despite a lack of narrative, it still pulls me in every race, there's always someone in every championship who you seem to get caught up with on track, makes each series feel very personable. Even if it didn't mean to.

But my favorite thing, is progression doesn't have to mean going faster. The slower cars are just as fun as the faster cars, so there's no shame in driving them. It's very hard to get bored with anything.

Changing conditions. I realized that in other racing games/sims, lapping around can get repetitive after a while because the circuit more or less always looks the same. Here the lighting, time of day and weather are so magnificently done that it keeps things fresh and it gives you the feeling that you are present on a real living/ breathing track.

And that's aside from the fact that the rest of the game is top notch also.

I agree.Especially when you make 2 races at the same day/track like formula rookie championship and you see the sun is lower in second race.Great stuff.

Cool things I like after 12 hours playing.

The superkart, the exhaust exit is on the rear left so once racing around the rear left tyre is always hotter than that rest because of it, cool touch.

Proper FWD! The Clio handles how a Clio cup should, the replays look insanely like watching the real thing on TV. No understeer for the sale of understeer, just proper hot hatch racing feel.

I echo the post a few above, the Monza Pagani club invitational is absolutely sensational. The feel, the sound, everything.

Stones and rubber. Noticed this racing the Clios on Snetterton. Car in front ran over some stones or bits of rubber and a bit flicked up and bounced off my cars bonnet /windshield. Made an audible thwack as well.

Despite a lack of narrative, it still pulls me in every race, there's always someone in every championship who you seem to get caught up with on track, makes each series feel very personable. Even if it didn't mean to.

But my favorite thing, is progression doesn't have to mean going faster. The slower cars are just as fun as the faster cars, so there's no shame in driving them. It's very hard to get bored with anything.

All of this, but for me one really nice touch is if you map the MOTeC option to a button (I have it mapped to the left button on my pad) then any car with a digital display, trip computer, etc you can cycle through the screen options.

It even cycles through the trip computer display options in the Megane and is a great one if you want to clear up the HUD.

So many times already I think I've beaten the AI into or through a corner (or multiple corners in a row) only to check my rear view mirror and he's not there.:confused: Frantically looked left and right to check my wing mirrors to discover he's still there right beside me, fighting it out, waiting for the next corner where he has the inside line. Love that.:)

So many times already I think I've beaten the AI into or through a corner (or multiple corners in a row) only to check my rear view mirror and he's not there.:confused: Frantically looked left and right to check my wing mirrors to discover he's still there right beside me, fighting it out, waiting for the next corner where he has the inside line. Love that.:)

Yes I had another awesome tough race in the GT3 Z4 (my fav car) round Oulton Park and some tight bends I thought I had lost them too..I used the Triangle(DS4) to back check and there he was in my blind spot-This AI doesn't give in easily! Although they often have a very bad start (asleep or slow and in the way on the start grid and often just pull in the way! then wake up during the race) :bowdown:

Love that i can hide the actual helmet, and use it as a cockpit cam that has the look to apex function 👍
After experiencing this i can't go back to the normal fixed cam, as it's way too static and a lot of the times you just have to guess where the curbstones are on a single screen.

Not sure I follow you. Can you explain how you set this up so I can try it out, please? I know the helmet cam view, just not sure what adjustments you made. Thanks!

Not sure I follow you. Can you explain how you set this up so I can try it out, please? I know the helmet cam view, just not sure what adjustments you made. Thanks!
look to apex is already switched on in helmet cam view, but like most things can be adjusted. I found the default would look to the apex far sooner than I found natural, so I've dialled mine down (35 IIRC). the
blur can also be disabled along with other movement options. it's all there in the main options. i always use helmet cam with the helmet not visible.

Back