What Is Your Race Number?

United States
Pennsylvania
DarkCobraUSMC
I'll go first!!

My number is 47. It dates back to my aviation days. At one point I was what they call a Collateral Duty Inspector (CDI). At the time all CDI's were issued a number, I was issued 47. When you inspected work that required a CDI you would just write your number down on the form. That was your signature. The number just stuck over the years and it's become part of me. If I put a number on a car it's 47, if I use a number in a sports game it's 47, and if anyone asks me my favorite number it's always 47.

6d88f-16133242877372-800.jpg

View attachment 1167633

I'm 27 as well because it was my first number in hockey, as well as Gilles.

Fun tidbit if you add the days of my birthday (16th), my late father's (9th) and my mom's (2nd) you get a total of 27.

Lately, I've been using 51 for most of them. If I do a livery based on an actual race car, I'll use the number from the real car. But if it's something I made up, I'll use 51.

My favorite number is 3, though. But it has nothing to do with Dale Earnhardt. I don't not like him, it's just been my favorite number since before I even knew who he really was (not that I was ever that much into NASCAR).

34, which was also my number in basketball, football, and motocross. If it happens to be taken, my backup numbers are 20 (Manu Ginobili jersey number) or 86 (my number in football before I switched from receiver to running back and started wearing #34).

12, 14, 98 or 5 are the numbers I typically race with.
12 because I associate it with Senna's numbers when he was driving the Lotus 97T or the McLaren MP4/4, 14 because it represents my birthday (1st of April), 98 for the year I was born, and 5 because it's my favourite number.
Yeah, I'm not that picky :D

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back