what makes B Spec tolerable

  • Thread starter Thread starter pfowei
  • 30 comments
  • 2,319 views
Messages
16
Messages
frowningpenguin
The fact I can listen to my own music. Otherwise B Spec is horrible. Dont get me wrong I see in theory where such a mode was a good idea. But lets be frank overall it is a mode that sucks ass.

Am I alone in thinking this?
 
I was being driven literally nuts by it, than I uploaded my own Playlist muted all the sound effects and found my bliss again ;) Wife got off my ass too.
 
its not my favorite thing to do lets just say that. REALLY frustrating sometimes.
 
I don't think the point of B-Spec is to watch the entire race - you only pay attention to the more challenging races. For the rest of it, you start the race, and just leave it and do other stuff.

If you're going to be staring at the screen the entire race, you might as well play A-Spec.
 
going afk makes b spec tolerable. I hate watching bob drive; it gives me a certain kind of potent rage that i only get from watching someone do something I myself can do much much better.
 
B-Spec is alright. Once you get the hang of it there is very little you need to do other than start the race and collect the winnings. Some races are a bit of a challenge but most are only a challenge if you either don't know how to do it or want them to be a challenge. My group of Bobs have netted me several cool cars and are now to the point I just start them in an endurance race before I go to bed at night and grab the prize when I get up :)
 
What annoys me greatly is that the prize cars so far has been for the most part absolute toilet.
 
I like it for the fact that when I'm tired or worn out I can just put it on and it requires minimal effort. That and the fact I can still play GT5 when I do stuff, like have a shower etc.

:D Makes me happy.
 
I don't think the point of B-Spec is to watch the entire race - you only pay attention to the more challenging races. For the rest of it, you start the race, and just leave it and do other stuff.

If you're going to be staring at the screen the entire race, you might as well play A-Spec.

But in some of these Extreme Series races you have to watch the whole thing or your guy will super cool and get passed alot if times in the last lap (at least in my experience) alot of em I just put em on throw on the playlist or watch a movie on my laptop.

I like startin a B-spec and readin through the GTPlanet Forums too!
 
What annoys me greatly is that the prize cars so far has been for the most part absolute toilet.
There are some really good ones in there Mazda Mura, Zonda R Toyota 7 Ford GT40 Race car. Just to name a few :)
 
My kids got me up at 4am today. I'm playing B-spec to stay awake. Bobs won me a zonda R since then, and now he's caning round in my orange RGT, earning me more credits to spend this evening :)
 
going afk makes b spec tolerable. I hate watching bob drive; it gives me a certain kind of potent rage that i only get from watching someone do something I myself can do much much better.

so much this.
 
But in some of these Extreme Series races you have to watch the whole thing or your guy will super cool and get passed alot if times in the last lap (at least in my experience) alot of em I just put em on throw on the playlist or watch a movie on my laptop.

I like startin a B-spec and readin through the GTPlanet Forums too!

Subsequent commands issued to a driver will default to the last command issued, so, once you're driver is in the front, make sure the last command issued is to pace up. Now all you have to do is press X on the controller once a minute or so to repeat the command... I'll be watching tv and have the DS3 controller beside me and press X every so often. 15-20 minutes later (or however long the race takes), I'll switch back to the PS3 input on the TV knowing my driver has won and do the whole thing over again.
 
Subsequent commands issued to a driver will default to the last command issued, so, once you're driver is in the front, make sure the last command issued is to pace up. Now all you have to do is press X on the controller once a minute or so to repeat the command... I'll be watching tv and have the DS3 controller beside me and press X every so often. 15-20 minutes later (or however long the race takes), I'll switch back to the PS3 input on the TV knowing my driver has won and do the whole thing over again.

Yeah that does work but maybe I'm just lazy OK? No actually I'm doing a test with a Chapparal 2j maxed out on the American Classics race to see how he does with no commands, just to find out.

(accidentally put my level 0 bob in the car its a level 23 race 5 minutes into the race he ran out of mental and physical strength only 12 minutes left lol.....wow he finished first and I didnt touch the remote he immediately leveled up to an eight too, cool.)
 
Last edited:
your BOB should be cooked in about 15 minutes

That made me laugh. I often think of bob as a panicky little man who hyperventilates as soon as he nears another car.
 
My bob's 'personality' is just about in the middle to start. He typically goes well at beginning and fades at the end. I've entered him in the "Historic" race about 5 times and he seems to have an issue making it through the chicane cleanly. He'll TAG the corner on the left during entry into chicane. Then he'll back WAY UP...allowing all cars to go through where he then finishes...DEAD LAST nearly every time. I have gotten him through to 2nd place but only by micro-managing him as soon as the next "click" was available...pacing up each time. Frustrating to the extreme as I whipped them with the Lowly 69 Camaro. He can't do it in any of the cars I've given him. The Camaro, The Lambo, Even the Toyota 7.

The only part I enjoy about the 'bob' thing is that he nets me fairly cool cars once in a while.
 
I've entered him in the "Historic" race about 5 times and he seems to have an issue making it through the chicane cleanly. He'll TAG the corner on the left during entry into chicane. Then he'll back WAY UP...allowing all cars to go through where he then finishes...DEAD LAST nearly every time.

I had that same issue over and over again I was drivin a Chaparral 2J 70, I tuned up the under steer on it and it fixed it for him.
 
The fact it earns you money and cars :)

It's also fun to watch your car in a race sometimes. I usually switch to the tv input and return towards the end if I'm confident he can handle it.

I got this Furai Concept '08 as a prize. I had a newbie Bob and I put him in that thing in an event way above his level and he smoked everyone. The Furai is only 450hp but it smokes 600+hp cars in the high speed ring. Great car...looks great too.
 
I'm doing it now, using my FGT to win the Japanese car cup... I can only do it, when im doing something else... and he can only win, when his car is 100000x better than anyone elses...
 
I really quite like B-spec once your driver stops being an idiot and learns how to drive. It's not as good as A-spec obviously but it's nice to have on in the background while I'm posting on here or something, basically like having motor racing on the TV only I actually earn out of this one.
 
At first I thought b spec was really stupid. Now, after having played it for quite some time, leveling up to level 23, I know it is stupid.

But, gotta keep grinding to get that x1. I just don't have the time for the damn endurance races in a spec... So I gotta do it in b spec.
 
I really quite like B-spec once your driver stops being an idiot and learns how to drive. It's not as good as A-spec obviously but it's nice to have on in the background while I'm posting on here or something, basically like having motor racing on the TV only I actually earn out of this one.
just when does your b spec driver learn to corner. Bob consistently ends up doing a 360 for me in the 69 Vette I have him driving and thus losing?
 
The only thing that makes it remotely tolerable is that you can get the X1 from it. Otherwise the whole mode is an abomination that should have never been placed in the game.
 
Bob's a money making tool when I'm doing sumut else, playing black ops on xbox, making food, watching film etc etc, just flip back too bob now and then and start a race.
I think there's a patch coming out that'll let you control bob from a web browser, now that would be sweet, work will never be the same again :D
 
Back