What manufacturers DON'T you want in GT4?

• Thread starter vat_man
  • 53 comments

vat_man

Staff Emeritus
What dud manufacturers don't we want in GT4?

Borrowing from another thread, two walk-up starts would be:
- Saab
- Volvo

but I can think of a few others:
- Kia
- Daewoo
- Proton (well, maybe the Satria GTi - but if we had the Cyborg back we wouldn't need it)
- Tata
- Niki
- Trabant

I'd have listed Hyundai but the new Coupe looks okay.

C'mon fellas, help me out here...

Originally posted by vat_man

- Saab
- Volvo

- Kia
- Daewoo
- Proton (well, maybe the Satria GTi - but if we had the Cyborg back we wouldn't need it)
- Tata
- Niki
- Trabant

How about Saturn ... or Hyundai? (:

~LoudMusic

Sorry guys, but Saturn HAS to be in there. If Saturn goes, then ya may as well take out all the other comparable cars.

That gives the axe to...lessee.... four-banging FWDs under $18K that have successful racing histories....the Saturn SC2, Honda Civic, Ford Focus, Dodge Neon, and quite a few European cars. (I leave the Integra only because, last I checked, it was in a higher class.)

Oh, and people don't like Keis either - buh-bye Mini.

FYI - Saturn does damn good considering that, unlike Honda, Ford, and Dodge, the teams have no factory support. The fact that they can even hang where they are despite this is all the more impressive. Or are y'all just too spoiled by your virtual Vipers to bother with real cars that require real skill?

Originally posted by jervinator
Sorry guys, but Saturn HAS to be in there. If Saturn goes, then ya may as well take out all the other comparable cars.

That gives the axe to...lessee.... four-banging FWDs under $18K that have successful racing histories....the Saturn SC2, Honda Civic, Ford Focus, Dodge Neon, and quite a few European cars. (I leave the Integra only because, last I checked, it was in a higher class.)

Oh, and people don't like Keis either - buh-bye Mini.

FYI - Saturn does damn good considering that, unlike Honda, Ford, and Dodge, the teams have no factory support. The fact that they can even hang where they are despite this is all the more impressive. Or are y'all just too spoiled by your virtual Vipers to bother with real cars that require real skill?

you're a funny guy :rolleyes: but you can't actually believe that saturns are good cars and that skill is required to drive them
Actually "real" skill is required to effectively max out a mid-engined car
........sorry to inform you buddy but saturn isn't a real car.....they're simply a joke and I feel bad for you if you really own one :eek:

- Saab
- Volvo

- Kia
- Daewoo
- Tata
- Niki
- Trabant

Hey Vat_man how about Ford,Dodge, and GM.......just joking buddy(lol) :)

Originally posted by Schumy

you're a funny guy :rolleyes: but you can't actually believe that saturns are good cars and that skill is required to drive them
........sorry to inform you buddy but saturn isn't a real car.....they're simply a joke and I feel bad for you if you really own one :eek:

Whoa - I just thought they were boring!

no Vat_man ....that was my reply for Jervinator....yours was a couple back

Yeah - I know. I was referring to your reply to Jervinator (I made a disparaging comment about GM (and by association Saturn) in another thread - the one where the guy wanted Volvos of all things in the game).

It gets confusing...

just about all of those japanise ones. I'm not racist or anything, but they make their cars too good... I want some more US brands in place of some Japanese ones. Also, I want more german cars.

Yeah - I know. I was referring to your reply to Jervinator (I made a disparaging comment about GM (and by association Saturn) in another thread - the one where the guy wanted Volvos of all things in the game).

It gets confusing...
hey! back off....my mom drives a 1986 Volvo 240 "DL" so you better watch out .....this sportscar has been known to terrorize the streets (lol)........no, actually we're getting another car.......i keep saying 89-91 325is (we're not rich) but this is still a great car which i'm sure i will enjoy if she ever gets one........dad drives a 95 maxima.....plenty of power...smooth v6 but handles like garbage ...it's also not the SE model.............so do you see where i'm coming from....i'm a man of handling but the cars i'm able to drive don't cooperate..........oh yah ....got the volvo up to 150 and the maxima up to 200km/h.....both of which don't feel very stable at those speeds.......infact quite scary....i won't be doing it anymore! :eek:

hey! back off....my mom drives a 1986 Volvo 240 "DL" so you better watch out .....this sportscar has been known to terrorize the streets (lol)........no, actually we're getting another car.......i keep saying 89-91 325is (we're not rich) but this is still a great car which i'm sure i will enjoy if she ever gets one........dad drives a 95 maxima.....plenty of power...smooth v6 but handles like garbage ...it's also not the SE model.............so do you see where i'm coming from....i'm a man of handling but the cars i'm able to drive don't cooperate..........oh yah ....got the volvo up to 150 and the maxima up to 200km/h.....both of which don't feel very stable at those speeds.......infact quite scary....i won't be doing it anymore! :eek:

I ride a bicycle for exercise (no mean feat on Sydney streets) so I share the motorbike rider's mortal fear of Volvos :D

Interesting your comments about the Maxima, I know there was some criticism here of the sloppy handling (still holds true of the current model) here, I wonder if we have the same suspension settings. Every car that comes to Australia from the US the suspension gets criticised for being too soft (eg. Taurus, Explorer, Jeep).

I've had both our current car (Subaru Liberty/Legacy RX) and our previous car (Holden (GM) Vectra) just over 200 kmh and it would be fair to say it was the same as driving at 100kmh, just with a bit more windnoise and the scenery rushing by at twice the rate. Both cars were very comfortable.

For Europeans about to express amazement at the Vectra behaving in such a manner, the Australian version of the sedan received a lot of attention to the suspension, which I understand was significantly stiffened (possibly a little too much for Sydney's diabolical roads) over the European versions.

I'd be wary of an early E36 3 series - the 6 cylinder of that model is earning a reputation for being fragile and expensive to fix.

I ride a bicycle for exercise (no mean feat on Sydney streets) so I share the motorbike rider's mortal fear of Volvos :D

Interesting your comments about the Maxima, I know there was some criticism here of the sloppy handling (still holds true of the current model) here, I wonder if we have the same suspension settings. Every car that comes to Australia from the US the suspension gets criticised for being too soft (eg. Taurus, Explorer, Jeep).

I've had both our current car (Subaru Liberty/Legacy RX) and our previous car (Holden (GM) Vectra) just over 200 kmh and it would be fair to say it was the same as driving at 100kmh, just with a bit more windnoise and the scenery rushing by at twice the rate. Both cars were very comfortable.

For Europeans about to express amazement at the Vectra behaving in such a manner, the Australian version of the sedan received a lot of attention to the suspension, which I understand was significantly stiffened (possibly a little too much for Sydney's diabolical roads) over the European versions.

I'd be wary of an early E36 3 series - the 6 cylinder of that model is earning a reputation for being fragile and expensive to fix.
yah, in Toronto bike is the best way to get around so i ride to school....it's only five minutes away but i can almost do the speed limit(50km/h) on flats....i do about 42 (on a nountain-bike with only 14 gears at the moment!) i just blow by all the cars that are late for work in the morning :D

it's either a 89-91 325is or a 93 jetta......which would you buy
at least my mom has always liked european cars so we won't end up with a chevy cavalier!

it's either a 89-91 325is or a 93 jetta......which would you buy
at least my mom has always liked european cars so we won't end up with a chevy cavalier!

Didn't get the Jetta in Australia so I can't comment.

I'd just counsel being real careful if you're looking at a 3 series of that vintage. Not exactly a driver's car but had you considered a C Class?

Didn't get the Jetta in Australia so I can't comment.

I'd just counsel being real careful if you're looking at a 3 series of that vintage. Not exactly a driver's car but had you considered a C Class?
of what year ?.....regardless, i have always prefered Bm over Merc b/c i feel Bm is more driver -oriented however i do think mercedes makes the best engines in the world (in terms of reliability and durability)even though i probably will never buy one
i still admire the older 325's ....they look really classy :)

of what year ?.....regardless, i have always prefered Bm over Merc b/c i feel Bm is more driver -oriented however i do think mercedes makes the best engines in the world (in terms of reliability and durability)even though i probably will never buy one
i still admire the older 325's ....they look really classy :)

Yeah, in the same boat, I'd never buy one (although I have a soft spot for the A-Class - go figure) for pretty much those reasons. Tough to comment not knowing used prices over there.

The E36 isn't a bad looking car, but always looked a bit unfinished, or raw, to me. The current model's much smoother, if a little bland.

Yeah, in the same boat, I'd never buy one (although I have a soft spot for the A-Class - go figure) for pretty much those reasons. Tough to comment not knowing used prices over there.

The E36 isn't a bad looking car, but always looked a bit unfinished, or raw, to me. The current model's much smoother, if a little bland.
it was quite a change though from 91-92 as many other cars also went trough dramatic changes and the 92's and up are condiderably more expensive around here and so is insurance

it was quite a change though from 91-92 as many other cars also went trough dramatic changes and the 92's and up are condiderably more expensive around here and so is insurance

Wasn't that around the same time as the capacity increase?

yah, in Toronto bike is the best way to get around so i ride to school....it's only five minutes away but i can almost do the speed limit(50km/h) on flats....i do about 42 (on a nountain-bike with only 14 gears at the moment!)...QUOTE]

That translates into ...mph? The most I've gotten was 30mph on my bike, and that was pretty scarry. I should also say that my bike is about 15 years old at least. I'm either going to get a new gear system on it or just gonna get a new bike. Oh yeah, and the thing about the Great Plains... It's not that great of a space to go biking for speed unless you're in the country. And it really sucks for mountainbiking... I WANNA LIVE BY SOME MOUNTAINS!!!

Oh yeah, what kind of bike do you have? I have a Ridgeback Falcon, it's British, but I got it free from my aunt cause my cousin outgrew it(you can see where <i>I'm</i> coming from...

I'd like to see Saturn and Volvo in there...hell, I'd like to see every car company in there, except Yugo, but that would be funny to drive one.

Some of the car companies in GT3 that I find useless are:
Citroen-sorry, their cars in this one aren't good.
Diahatsu-again, the cars sucked in this one, but in GT2, I did like the tiny car they had.
Suzuki-Sorry, but I totally hate the Escudo, it's a heep of junk, a disgrace to the automotive world in the way of realism, and I'm sorry if you're blind to the point I made.
Chrysler-I'm kinda wondering, cause I used the PT Cruiser as my first car, and did very well with it, but they need some of their better cars in there.
Shelby-again, the Cobra in GT3 wasn't that good, and the top on it looked like crap. If they put the Mustangs back in there, I'd be interested.

Car companies that should be added:
Volvo-I like their cars, and think that some of them would be good for Rallying.
Pontiac-while the Sunfire is junk, some of the Grand Prixs and Grand Ams can hold their own with the compitition. And the older cars like the GTO (GTO stood for Gran Turismo something, so it would just make sense) would be nice.
Saturn-Some of their cars are accually ok, and if damage is added, the plastic pannels would be interesting.

I think SCEA (or SCEE) should put more everyday cars in, because I'd like to see my car and otheres I've been in go down the track.

Originally posted by rjensen11
yah, in Toronto bike is the best way to get around so i ride to school....it's only five minutes away but i can almost do the speed limit(50km/h) on flats....i do about 42 (on a nountain-bike with only 14 gears at the moment!)...QUOTE]

That translates into ...mph? The most I've gotten was 30mph on my bike, and that was pretty scarry. I should also say that my bike is about 15 years old at least. I'm either going to get a new gear system on it or just gonna get a new bike. Oh yeah, and the thing about the Great Plains... It's not that great of a space to go biking for speed unless you're in the country. And it really sucks for mountainbiking... I WANNA LIVE BY SOME MOUNTAINS!!!

Oh yeah, what kind of bike do you have? I have a Ridgeback Falcon, it's British, but I got it free from my aunt cause my cousin outgrew it(you can see where <i>I'm</i> coming from...
I'm a pretty hard-core bike rider even though my bike wouldn't suggest that....I have a 94' Specialized Hard Rock Sport (it's a decent bike but soon i would like to purchase a new one.....I like Cannondale and Klein)....although it's a 21spd I only have 14 right now b/c the tension in the cable of the front derailleur needs to be adjusted......i've been riding with 14 gears since school started so it's difficult to say what i can do, but 2 years ago i hit 62kph (39mph) down a hill. On FLAT roads with the 14 gears i have right now, i can do 45kph (28mph) ...that's only 2mph slower than you've ever gone except i do it in 14th gear on FLAT pavement .....after i get the cable adjusted i will have 21 gears once again so i can let you know what i do after a top speed run (i'll do both flat pavement and i'll find a steep downhill).....i'm in amazing shape and with a road bike i would be considerably faster and way more efficient but i prefer the vesatility of a mountain-bike .....i have done more than 62kph (39mph) but it was with the aid of a car.......i once did a shocking 120kph (75mph) holding on to a car........THIS IS EXTREMELY DANGEROUS AND VERY STUPID and i later suffered the consequences on another occasion at a slightly more forgiving speed: 70kph (44mph) when my unbalanced wheels gave me speed wobble.......i went down REALLY hard! ......the hospital thought it was a motorcycle accident....i also lost my $700 Esquire watch in the process .....it was a pretty brutal wipeout and i'm lucky to be alive ....i had to sacrifice the hands and body to save the head.....but my chin was still ripped open to the bone and they had to scrub the asphalt out of my deep burns with iodine ....it's definitely the stupidest thing i've ever done and if it had been 120kph, i would have no doubt been dead.....when i went down my bike stayed and i just slid and rolled while my body decelerated on the road......i just wanted to tell my story and say that life is too important to put in jeoporady........Sorry Vat_man......way off topic eh?

Actually, I'm more serious than you'd think. Or are we only talking high-budget cars like the Viper and Vette. Or old-school muscle cars that need waivers on emission testing and guzzle enough gas to make many Arabs happily rich? Or rally cars, where AWD and turbos are the norm?

I suppose it all boils down to what you want in a car. I want something that can hold it's own in competition, and more importantly, not irritate the wife, so I had to get somewhat of a sleeper. You, if you ever have a woman, might understand this someday.

As for GT4, I think that if you want a simulator that only simulates what YOU want, y'all better learn some programming.

"Saturn-Some of their cars are accually ok, and if damage is added, the plastic pannels would be interesting."

:lol:

Originally posted by jervinator

Actually, I'm more serious than you'd think. Or are we only talking high-budget cars like the Viper and Vette. Or old-school muscle cars that need waivers on emission testing and guzzle enough gas to make many Arabs happily rich? Or rally cars, where AWD and turbos are the norm?

I suppose it all boils down to what you want in a car. I want something that can hold it's own in competition, and more importantly, not irritate the wife, so I had to get somewhat of a sleeper. You, if you ever have a woman, might understand this someday.

As for GT4, I think that if you want a simulator that only simulates what YOU want, y'all better learn some programming.
Yah, I'm quite confident that I'll have a woman, except that she won't be the the type that whines and complains like your wife........she'll be as good as a driver as me or better and she'll be very appreciative when I purchase a PORSCHE for her on her birthday ;) .......oh what do I want in a car? ....certainly not a grocery getter like your saturn.....I want a british or german engineered car with some style and sophistication, preferably mid-engined :P

Yah, I'm quite confident that I'll have a woman, except that she won't be the the type that whines and complains like your wife........she'll be as good as a driver as me or better and she'll be very appreciative when I purchase a PORSCHE for her on her birthday ;) .......oh what do I want in a car? ....certainly not a grocery getter like your saturn.....I want a british or german engineered car with some style and sophistication, preferably mid-engined :P

Ah, you apparently either have a very good job, or rich parents.

Can I flip a coin on that one?

Someday, you're wife (if you're inclined to marriage), will want children. Then, you'll have to cart those children around. Bye bye Porsche. :)

Trust me...in a fit of craziness, I bought a WRX. I have a hard time getting my 18 month old in the back of that - do you think you'll be able to get your child(ren) around effectively in a sports car like a mid-engined Porsche?

Now, end the family-oriented insults or I'll lock this thread. Consider this your one and only warning. Keep it civil folks.

Originally posted by AltF8

Ah, you apparently either have a very good job, or rich parents.

Can I flip a coin on that one?

Someday, you're wife (if you're inclined to marriage), will want children. Then, you'll have to cart those children around. Bye bye Porsche. :)

Trust me...in a fit of craziness, I bought a WRX. I have a hard time getting my 18 month old in the back of that - do you think you'll be able to get your child(ren) around effectively in a sports car like a mid-engined Porsche?

Now, end the family-oriented insults or I'll lock this thread. Consider this your one and only warning. Keep it civil folks.
sorry about the insults sir.....i don't plan on having one car and however many that i do have they will certainly all be european :eek:

sorry about the insults sir.....i don't plan on having one car but they will certainly all be european :eek:

Well, after driving a '79 Mustang Pace Car, a '98 Pontiac Grand Prix, and an '02 Subaru Impreza WRX...I think I'll stick with Japanese. At least for now. :)

Originally posted by AltF8

Well, after driving a '79 Mustang Pace Car, a '98 Pontiac Grand Prix, and an '02 Subaru Impreza WRX...I think I'll stick with Japanese. At least for now. :)
good for you! :rolleyes:

Back