What manufacturers DON'T you want in GT4?

• Thread starter vat_man
  • 53 comments
Originally posted by Schumy
good for you! :rolleyes:

What's with the rolling eyes?

I'm noting that the domestics I've driven pretty much sucked, and I'm very happy with my import.

Now, it's also true that I haven't had the luxury of driving or owning a European car. I've heard nothing but great things though...

A guy I know just bought an Audi A6 4.2. An absolutely gorgeous car, and he pretty much said, "When you go European, you never go back...".

Originally posted by AltF8

I'm noting that the domestics I've driven pretty much sucked, and I'm very happy with my import.

Now, it's also true that I haven't had the luxury of driving or owning a European car. I've heard nothing but great things though...

A guy I know just bought an Audi A6 4.2. An absolutely gorgeous car, and he pretty much said, "When you go European, you never go back...".
yah, his quote is dead accurate but i still think you made a great purchase with the WRX

Yeah - I really don't know about that. We just bought a Liberty/Legacy RX (2.5 AWD with manual) and I get more impressed with that car the more I drive it. I would rate it higher than the equivalent Boras, dumps all over the Vectra we had before, and based on driving impressions I would rate it better than the Alfa 156 (especially in build) and base old model A4s (haven't driven the quattros with a decent motor in them).

It's tough to think of a Japanese equivalent to a 4.2 A6 - do Nissan still make the 4.5 litre V8 Infiniti?

Certainly on your upperspec models, like your A6, 5 series and E-class and upwards in the S-Class, 7 series (although have you seen the new model?) you have a fair point, as there is really no equivalent.

But in your midsize cooking models, I think you have genuine alternatives.

"Saturn-Some of their cars are accually ok, and if damage is added, the plastic pannels would be interesting."

I hope you're not laughing at me, and laughing at the theory. While Saturn's quality lacks some(and some more), GT doesn't show quality, so it wouldn't matter. And some of the Saturns are ok. My dad is a Mazda Master Tech and a Subaru tech(now you're thinking 'what the hell does that have to do with anything!' well, I'm getting there) and he is sent to Subaru training(he wants the Master status for Subaru, he has had the "Master" with Mazda for 5 yrs or more)and it's located outside of Chicago, so my dad's dealership network rents him a car to take up there. last time he went(about a month ago, but he's up there now, don't know what he's driving)they gave him a Saturn L series with the 4 banger, and it was pretty nice. It was fast, smoothe, and handled good and had a nice CD player and good sound system. This was a good car, comeing from GM that is big.

Plastic pannels are black with the paint on top, so don't get any scratches, or it will look like crap.

So, what are you laughing at?

Originally posted by MazKid

I hope you're not laughing at me, and laughing at the theory. While Saturn's quality lacks some(and some more), GT doesn't show quality, so it wouldn't matter. And some of the Saturns are ok. My dad is a Mazda Master Tech and a Subaru tech(now you're thinking 'what the hell does that have to do with anything!' well, I'm getting there) and he is sent to Subaru training(he wants the Master status for Subaru, he has had the "Master" with Mazda for 5 yrs or more)and it's located outside of Chicago, so my dad's dealership network rents him a car to take up there. last time he went(about a month ago, but he's up there now, don't know what he's driving)they gave him a Saturn L series with the 4 banger, and it was pretty nice. It was fast, smoothe, and handled good and had a nice CD player and good sound system. This was a good car, comeing from GM that is big.

Plastic pannels are black with the paint on top, so don't get any scratches, or it will look like crap.

So, what are you laughing at?

I apologize if my laughter was misinterpreted. I was laughing at the fact that it would be GOOD to drive a Saturn, because of the plastic body panels!

I sometimes wish my WRX had them...like the time the wife was 'experimenting' on how hard it was to set the alarm off. She leaned on the front quarter panel...it buckled about 3 inches in...came back out, but there is a dent there.

OH, sorry.
Plastic pannels would be ok, but there are problems:
Scratches
temp changes
Now, foam pannels, rubber pannels, that would be wierd :D

:eek: :P :P :eek: <<<Drooling on keyboard>>> Mmmmhhh....A6.......Taaaaasssttyyyyy.....:(
Time to get that 2nd (3rd?) job!

I have to admit, once I started driving VW's I'm addicted....Even though the little stuff needs replacement more often perhaps than with other manufacturers :D

I'm a pretty hard-core bike rider even though my bike wouldn't suggest that....

Wow, kinda sucks to be you, doesn't it?
My bike is messed up to, so you're not alone! My dad tried putting the kickstand on without my supervision, and he ended up putting it on ONTOP OF THE SHIFTING WIRE!!! Needless to say, my shifter looks like it's on a 3 when it's really on 5, and when I'm really on 1, it looks like I'm half way across from the 5. Anyway, I'm not even sure if my computer was that accurate. I'm going to try again next spring to see how fast I can go, I've gotten to about 25 or 26 on a slight incline, probably a 1m over 10m.(

| 1M> |_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
| /|\
| |
| 10M)
so once I get my bike tuned up for the first time, I'll have to tell you how I do (and that'll be some time in May or June, hopefully no longer than that).

Anyway, play it smart, numbnuts.

I've just finished the Amateur Tourist Trophy series. I hate Audi TTs. They just feel awful. Slow...I mean, shouldn't a 275 BHP (tweaked, of course) car not struggle to top 100 MPH? The handling is OK, but even with racing slicks, they always feel "greasy"...not planted, the way a real sports car would.

Phreakin' pseudo-sports luxury cars... :mad:

Originally posted by risingson77
I've just finished the Amateur Tourist Trophy series. I hate Audi TTs. They just feel awful. Slow...I mean, shouldn't a 275 BHP (tweaked, of course) car not struggle to top 100 MPH? The handling is OK, but even with racing slicks, they always feel "greasy"...not planted, the way a real sports car would.

Phreakin' pseudo-sports luxury cars... :mad:
i know what you mean.....i love european cars but have to admit my disappointment with the Audi TT (seems too slow and slugglish for my liking) :)

i know what you mean.....i love european cars but have to admit my disappointment with the Audi TT (seems too slow and slugglish for my liking) :)

Yeah...I wanted to like the TT...but for all my tweakery, it just doesn't work the way it should. I've never used a TT against anything other than other TTs. It's barely competitive then... :shakehead

First off, I would like to keep this civil, but at the same time present an alternate point of view.

I have yet to experience any quality issues with Saturns, aside from them not liking to be parked wheels-up in a ditch, but that's a separate issue for another time/place.

I like Saturns partly because they're light (heaviest is 2500 pounds for a slushbox-and-A/C-equipped wagon), and partly because they seem to be protected by the Car Gawds. They are the racing-world underdog, and in real-world driving, they suit my needs perfectly.

Someday, I want to get something that reflects my personality, even if weren't one of the penultimate racing machines. I like the Audi S4, BMW 3-series, and the baby Jag, though the repair/maintainance costs on them border on sodomy. The WRX STi, Skyline R33 and R34 also make my list, as do the new Viper and Corvette Z06. But realistically, it'll be a while before I can even afford a WRX.

The SVT Focus looked good until Ford's latest recall; if the rear wheel bearings can't handle road salt, I can't even consider it any more. Maybe the new Mini Cooper... uhh, wait... repairs by BMW ($$$). Looks like I'm stuck with my light, torquey, agile underdogs for now.

As for GT4, I remember Kazunori Yamauchi saying that he wanted the GT-series to be an automotive encyclopedia. That means ALL cars, even the unpopular ones like the Yugo, and the old Pinto. Besides, if you can get a crap car to win, imagine the laptimes you'll set in a REAL car!

Originally posted by jervinator
I have yet to experience any quality issues with Saturns, aside from them not liking to be parked wheels-up in a ditch, but that's a separate issue for another time/place.

Someday, I want to get something that reflects my personality, even if weren't one of the penultimate racing machines. I like the Audi S4, BMW 3-series, and the baby Jag, though the repair/maintainance costs on them border on sodomy.

It's all good, baby....all cars are good in their own way. I would like to see a fast Saturn for the same reason I wanted a fast Tercel: the brutal humiliation of one's opponent. :fdevil: Oh, and don't park your car wheels-up in a ditch. That's bad for it. :) I can't wait to hear how you managed it, tho.

Automotive repairs as sodomy? :lol: All hail the cheap car!

Why not volvo? My dad drives a 2.9 272bhp S80 and although it is FF it's a great car! So are the C70's and the S60 (or how'bout the 850turbos)...i mean: they put audi bmw and merc in there so why leave out the other european luxury cars?

you're a funny guy :rolleyes: but you can't actually believe that saturns are good cars and that skill is required to drive them
Actually "real" skill is required to effectively max out a mid-engined car
........sorry to inform you buddy but saturn isn't a real car.....they're simply a joke and I feel bad for you if you really own one :eek:
It's a car because my parents own one! But if you're talking about if it's a piece o' junk, you're correct! :P The engines are just plain horrible, they won't start, and their service isn't what you think it is!

As for GT4, I remember Kazunori Yamauchi saying that he wanted the GT-series to be an automotive encyclopedia. That means ALL cars, even the unpopular ones like the Yugo, and the old Pinto. Besides, if you can get a crap car to win, imagine the laptimes you'll set in a REAL car!
Are they even gonna have the Model T, or the first ever car that only went 2mph, the one that crashed on it's second trial run? That'd be sweet! :)

Originally posted by kyle
Are they even gonna have the Model T, or the first ever car that only went 2mph, the one that crashed on it's second trial run? That'd be sweet! :)

Yes, and they will make a championship with Model T only, and a 20 laps Test Course race with the Model T :sleep:

Back