What members are not getting F5 on day 1?

To me, FM5 is to FM1 like how Halo: CEA is to Halo: CE. I fail to see the base game as a successor to FM4, however the Day One DLC/Season Pass nonsense certainly is.

They got rid of the FM2-era trash, and they got rid of the FM4 gems (which will pop up 3 months later as DLC..).

Last edited:
I see the glass half full instead of half empty. I get that we loose a hearty deal of content, but at the same time gained some nifty additions. The new tracks we get are a better addition than some of the tracks that got axed, IMO. I'll take the 200 cars as well, hell, FM1 had a hundred and some and I played that until the day fm2 was out. I get why a lot of people are upset, we lost a lot of LAST GEN content, but the surviving tracks got a nice coat of next gen, so, who can say we will get the missing ones later with a little coat of next gen, even if in DLC. Cars we know wellget in spades as always.

And speaking about dlc, you guys act like this is something new. The only dlc-less Forza was Forza 1. Day one dlc, I see the reason to be upset about. The game is gold already, i'd like to think, so, I'd rather have them using this last time to get the game optimized, but this is their strategy with the game, and I'm on board. I support this game and I'm also part of the problem cuz I buy everything.... but I USE everything so this will be no exception.

I am biased, you can accuse me of that. I own every Forza game since the first demo in OXM. Forza is a franchise I love and support. It pulled me away from the boredom of the GT series with a new and fresh to this day ( again IMO ) vision of what a car simulation/game/customizer should be. Lol, this is my love child and I'm not afraid to pay his pension, lmao

The 2011 HSV GTS made it across, I couldn't give a rats about missing any of the others right now.

And speaking about dlc, you guys act like this is something new. The only dlc-less Forza was Forza 1. Day one dlc, I see the reason to be upset about. The game is gold already, i'd like to think, so, I'd rather have them using this last time to get the game optimized, but this is their strategy with the game, and I'm on board. I support this game and I'm also part of the problem cuz I buy everything.... but I USE everything so this will be no exception.
No one is acting like DLC is new but if you look at fm3 to fm4 to fH it has gotten progressively worse. You pay more and basically get less.
This is no one's fault but our own since people like me, would pay for it no questions asked.
I've had more fun with FORZA over the past 2 years than I'll ever have with GT but I'm going to sit back and wait this one out.

Well! I expected and accepted a smaller car count, but I didn't expect T10 to cut literally every one of my favorite/preferred tracks from FM4 (apart from the 'Ring returning as DLC in January) while carrying over each of the ones I dreaded most. :ill: I can't say the new inclusions are enough to make up for the losses, either (based on experiences in other games).

Considering the track list in FM4 was basically my only major disappointment with the game, I'm terribly unimpressed. For the sake of everyone else, I hope they deliver a good deal of track DLC.

I have to agree about disappointment with the lack of tracks, no matter how good the game looks, it is going to get old pretty quick with a drastic reduction in tracks AND cars. The question remains, what is Turn 10's plan for this game? How many tracks do they plan to put in? and how many cars? Considering the wheel debacle and now the reduction of content, a real problem is brewing here. I hope the Turn 10 guys give us an idea of what we can expect in the future, how hard is that?

I don't think I have the willpower to wait it out. If I can find an XBone and get hold of the LE on or near release I will. The lack of wheel support doesn't really bother me. I only hope I'm not making the same mistake as I did blowing four hundred quid on GT5 and PS3, then barely playing it. At least I know I've enjoyed Turn 10's games in the past.

Reasons why i probably won't go for Xbone and next-gen FM, even tough i think FM tops GT as a racing game:

- Microsoft's policies are too much based on sucking every last penny out of you.
- Leading to them rendering their own licensed FM fanatec wheel useless (which i own), so we would all buy a new one...
- PD can't possibly screw up the racing game aspect for GT7 again no?... or can they?
- PS4 will hopefully be compatible with our wheels.
- PS4 will finally see descent competition for GT with games like PCARS, so PD's monopoly is broken :dopey:
- Whilst both give you free games with online subscriptions, sony hands out quality titles whilst MS gives us either 5 year old games or games nobody gives a crap about (like this month).

Back