What members are not getting F5 on day 1?

FM5 is looking slowly better and better, but I still am not sure of getting it because it requires me to buy a console that I absolutely hate in the moment.

I'll be passing on it, likely won't ever get it. FM4 was my first forza game and after 4 revisions, the championships were the exact same, over and over and over. The physics were good, it looked pretty but the game lacked depth. I also didn't like how it doesn't show you actual split lap times, just how much ahead/behind you are from the previous best lap. Then there's the fact that I bought an officially licensed Forza wheel for $500 (CSR-E) which they decided isn't compatible with the next gen XBox One.

I feel like it's 2006 again and I'm deciding between a PS3 and 360 again and the deciding factor yet again is that no wheels are compatible on the 360 *eyeroll*

Jerome

Maybe I'm thinking of something else about split times but aren't the red and green numbers that appear at the top every time you cross a sector line the split times?

Maybe I'm thinking of something else about split times but aren't the red and green numbers that appear at the top every time you cross a sector line the split times?

Green/red were shown at the end of the lap to indicate the difference between last lap and lap before that. Sector times showed how far behind/in front you were of the leader.

Hmmm. I was thinking for awhile now and realized, I'm not too sure if I will buy FM5 at this point, or any point for that matter. Reason being is I hardly even played FM4 as much since 2012 anymore. Not because it, but mostly because I don't as comfortable with the Xbox as I used too from back then, well not as much like the PS systems.

Another reason is the events were getting boring. There were lots, yes, but they were too much of the same thing with so many laps. So yeah. I'm going to be holding out for quite some time. :\

Maybe you misunderstood me, I am all for putting everything that is available in the game day one, but we know that is not going to happen as many people are willing to pay for dlc even as they gripe about it.

I understood, but if they're taking out Porsches to make more money with DLC, why stop there? Obviously having a game with one track and one car is an exaggeration, but if their plan is to rip customers off with DLC then there's more they can use than just Porsche.

I see no evidence that they're putting out a game with the minimum amount of content and planning to sell the rest as DLC. I think people tend to get a bit conspiracy theory about Porsche, simply because nobody really knows how the licensing works.

Another reason is the events were getting boring. There were lots, yes, but they were too much of the same thing with so many laps. So yeah. I'm going to be holding out for quite some time. :\

I got treated like a troll for saying the same thing. It took me a long time to get Forza 4 since my wheel wasn't compatible with the xbox. I ended up eventually buying an xbox for other reasons and picked up Forza and eventually got a wheel that was compatible. Now I have to get a new wheel and new system to play Forza 5. That's a hard pill to swallow especially when GT6 and AC are coming out and I don't need to buy a new system for either of those.

...but if their plan is to rip customers off with DLC then there's more they can use than just Porsche.

Like? What else could make them money as easily without looking any less suspicious?
It's well known Porsche license needs to be purchased but I don't think we know how much that cost is for T10. We know EA isn't the best to deal with.
Leaving Porsche for DLC is an easy way to make extra $$$ later on, in my opinion.

Yup, that's another reason why I don't want to get the game actually. I wish the events were a bit more fun and entertaining. Forza 2 had a great event system and I wish it stuck with the later titles, the events now feel the same.

Like? What else could make them money as easily without looking any less suspicious?
It's well known Porsche license needs to be purchased but I don't think we know how much that cost is for T10. We know EA isn't the best to deal with.
Leaving Porsche for DLC is an easy way to make extra $$$ later on, in my opinion.

I agree, that was my original point about the dlc. In light of the fact that we will be investing at least $500 on a console that allows us to play this game, extra coin if you spring for the gold... and then there is the wheel business that some folks who bought one for the last generation game have and all of sudden you are out a lot of money. I know Turn 10 has to make a profit, I just hope they don't yank us around to much. Then there is the pre order (Microsoft), I regret not doing it now, may have the game long before I have something to play it on. :nervous:

Since when is it about not looking suspicious? People are suspicious over what's going on with Porsche right now, so that's not a hurdle.

Ferrari are known to be difficult to deal with, license-wise, so that would be an easy first candidate. Any of the supercar makers would work as well, really. Licensed race cars, like the V8 Supercars. Track packs for racing series as well. The list goes on and on.

If they wanted to bend you over, you'd be gritting your teeth already. As it is, there's no evidence that Porsche will be in the game at all, or that their DLC plan will deviate substantially from what they've offered in previous games.

Hmmm. I was thinking for awhile now and realized, I'm not too sure if I will buy FM5 at this point, or any point for that matter. Reason being is I hardly even played FM4 as much since 2012 anymore. Not because it, but mostly because I don't as comfortable with the Xbox as I used too from back then, well not as much like the PS systems.

I was really hyped up for the game. But i am not sure if I am going to buy it either now. I actually believe that the PS4 is the superior system and i am using my PS3 much more often than my X Box 360. Maybe I should await the first reviews before deciding.

Yup, that's another reason why I don't want to get the game actually. I wish the events were a bit more fun and entertaining. Forza 2 had a great event system and I wish it stuck with the later titles, the events now feel the same.

I actually like the events in FM1 and FM2. There maybe short, but something about them may me like them a lot more than the later titles.

I'm not getting FM5 at launch. I'm not rich, and with 430 pounds I could buy an Xbox One with FIFA 14 (Umm, no) or a PS4 with loads of games like Driveclub and BF4. One day I'll get an Xbox One, if MS follow through with a 10 year plan like the 360 has, I should get an Xbox One when I get a better paying job around 2017 realistically. By then FM7 will be out! :lol:

I don't really see the point in getting an XBOX 1. I quit playing my 360 almost 2 years ago.

So I'll just stick with the other guys. 👍

I'm cancelled my preorder since there has been zero about triple screen support.
Weren't you the one spouting that you had a source at Microsoft that said that? Or that you knew there would be no triple support because of the improvements in the Kinect?

Remind us all again then what you're expecting T10 to comment on if you supposedly already know the answer....

I've decided that I'll probably preorder the limited edition of the game, and just leave the game wrapped up so I can hold off on buying an Xbone for a bit.

I've already preordered the LCE but promised my fiancé I'd hold off until April or so before I get a One - she bought me a new 360 when my last one RRoD on me in July - but with the car list we know of already, I can see myself cracking before Christmas...

Weren't you the one spouting that you had a source at Microsoft that said that? Or that you knew there would be no triple support because of the improvements in the Kinect?

Remind us all again then what you're expecting T10 to comment on if you supposedly already know the answer....

He's just trying to make sure that he posts his entirely uninformed two cents about triple screens in every thread in this section.

Why? Beats me.

Lol you guys are tense. I answered the question posed in the thread title. My assumption of no triple screen is almost 99% positive but there is a small possibility I'm wrong. Hope you can all point and laugh saying I was wrong.

Lol you guys are tense. I answered the question posed in the thread title. My assumption of no triple screen is almost 99% positive but there is a small possibility I'm wrong. Hope you can all point and laugh saying I was wrong.
I think we all get that you will be bummed if there is no triple screen support come release and some other features that you want to be in. A position that you are fully entitled to hold but do you have to litter every active thread in this section by saying the same thing over and over? You already started your own thread about lack of triple screen support. Can it not all go in there?

I went triple screen for GT5 and race PC sims in triple screen so I understand what you are talking about. However, the lack of it is not going to make me enjoy F5 or any other game that I can't use a triple set up any less.

Well I traded my 360 nearly three months ago So I am really having withdrawls.. THe 22nd cannot come soon enough. I will definately be getting Forza 5 LE on Day one...

Man, I didn't want to have to spend $500+ for Forza 5, but I don't think I can help myself anymore.

Nothing from E3 until a couple of weeks ago really made 5 look like anything but a shiny Forza 4 to me. But then that direct feed of the Atom at Silverstone was published. Then there was the Audi Vidoc with the Le Mans footage and now the X-Bow at Sebring.

Forgive me Padre, for I have sinned.

Me. I did have it pre-ordered, but after recently getting a ps3 and realizing GT feels sooo much more realistic, I decided to save myself a grand by just getting a g27 and gt6 instead :) The customization and better online are the only things I'll miss, but they're not worth $1200 (that's including the cost of a wheel). I'd essentially be buying the Xbox for one game, and I'd really rather not. Also when my g27 arrives, I'm definitely gonna look into iRacing, so I don't think I'll be too envious of my old forza friends and their shiny new games. I'll just check youtube for my eye candy fix :)

Me. I did have it pre-ordered, but after recently getting a ps3 and realizing GT feels sooo much more realistic, I decided to save myself a grand by just getting a g27 and gt6 instead :) The customization and better online are the only things I'll miss, but they're not worth $1200 (that's including the cost of a wheel). I'd essentially be buying the Xbox for one game, and I'd really rather not. Also when my g27 arrives, I'm definitely gonna look into iRacing, so I don't think I'll be too envious of my old forza friends and their shiny new games. I'll just check youtube for my eye candy fix :)
So you've played a final copy of FM5 then? How do you find the torque steer in GT5?

So you've played a final copy of FM5 then? How do you find the torque steer in GT5?

Ok Mr. pedantic, I meant GT5 feels better than the previous Forzas I have played, and thus I have more faith in gt6 to provide a driving experience to my tastes than fm5, particularly considering the factor of cost. I'd be getting forza as well for sure if I didn't have to spend $1329.99 on top of it to be able to play it properly, when the alternative is merely $270.

Neither claimed anything negative about forza nor claimed that gt was perfect.

I was really hyped up for the game. But i am not sure if I am going to buy it either now. I actually believe that the PS4 is the superior system and i am using my PS3 much more often than my X Box 360. Maybe I should await the first reviews before deciding.

The PS4 is the superior system by the look of it but sadly it wont have a game of Forza 5 standards for years.

Although when you look at the exclusive titles at launch you would think the XO is the superior system.

Ok Mr. pedantic, I meant GT5 feels better than the previous Forzas I have played, and thus I have more faith in gt6 to provide a driving experience to my tastes than fm5, particularly considering the factor of cost. I'd be getting forza as well for sure if I didn't have to spend $1329.99 on top of it to be able to play it properly, when the alternative is merely $270.

Neither claimed anything negative about forza nor claimed that gt was perfect.
Think you need to look up the definition of pedantic. FM5 has a completely new physics engine. So trying to claim GT5 is more realistic than FM5 will be, especially when GT5 gets so much wrong that FM4 gets right, one example being torque steer, is a bit of a stretch don't you think?

Back