What menu music do you have?

  • Thread starter Thread starter RetroJohan
  • 19 comments
  • 1,023 views

RetroJohan

A.K.A GT_johan
Premium
Messages
2,084
Sweden
Sweden
Messages
RetroJohan
So what menu music do you listen too.

My self using 4 Gran Turismo 4 menu music for the nostalgic felling :) and one for Gran Turismo HD











I think doing to add more Gran turismo music, maybe GT2 or GT3.
​
 
I have the GT5 menu music, plus I added all of the classical songs that only people who actually make slideshows ever get to hear(do those play in photomode? it's been a while), and all of the above styles of music that are for whatever reason turned off entirely.

GT5's menu music is actually quite good, don't see a reason to want to replace it with any others in-game. That is, when I actually have the music on, which is only about half of the time. And of course not counting when I want to listen to something else, for which I have a stereo, and that beats any sort of way of including my own music into the game anyway.

But hey, at least I got a trophy for making a playlist. What an achievement!

EDIT: No comment on the horrid 2-song loop for pre and post race menus. >:[ Oh I guess that was a comment on it.
 
For menu music I dis-selected all tracks that were for menu on the beginning and then changed menu music. Now for menu music I selected basically slideshow tracks and some classic music too, but I did not include any track that was for menu music from beginning, cause I got very bored from it.

For racing-music I did create a playlist which includes downloaded driving-music (total: 100 trakcs). And I totally recommend to change it to driving music, rather then pop or hip-hop, because when I downloaded pop, rock, hip-hop and other genre music that I like to listen to, it kinda wasn't so good for the racing and it got bored.
 
The defaults. Plus a few default racing BGMs (like Rusko and Yeah Yeah Yeahs) that I added to the menu music as well.


Nothing beats those smooth jazz tunes. They make GT's style.
 
Whatever happened to the good music in GT's? GT4 had Kaiser Chiefs and Franz Ferdinand in if I remember correctly
And was it GT2 that had Buck Rodgers in?
 
Whatever happened to the good music in GT's? GT4 had Kaiser Chiefs and Franz Ferdinand in if I remember correctly
And was it GT2 that had Buck Rodgers in?

They did lose a lot of the heavy hitters for some reason.

Probably a licensing issue internal to Sony. Really stupid, as Sony has access to many excellent musicians who would love to be in a huge game.

But I don't really dislike the music that's here. Except those post race menus.
 
I changed my BGM to my Demon's Souls soundtrack (for some reason they gave me one when I bought the game on sale).

First race I was in an underpowered car trying desperately to pass... barely able but eventually managing. The epic music made the experience pretty awesome.
 
I have Lady Gaga's album's on mine, because I'm cool.
 
For menu music I dis-selected all tracks that were for menu on the beginning and then changed menu music. Now for menu music I selected basically slideshow tracks and some classic music too, but I did not include any track that was for menu music from beginning, cause I got very bored from it.

For racing-music I did create a playlist which includes downloaded driving-music (total: 100 trakcs). And I totally recommend to change it to driving music, rather then pop or hip-hop, because when I downloaded pop, rock, hip-hop and other genre music that I like to listen to, it kinda wasn't so good for the racing and it got bored.

What's "driving music" and how can we as you recommend change to it without knowing what it is? Or is it some newfangled genre I'm not hip to? I'm sure you don't mean techno/electronica as that is about the least appropriate music for driving ever.
 
All the good old GT1 menu and dealership tunes, they have a distinctive charm in them. GT2-3-4 weren't bad but they lack something compared to the original.
 
i listen to queens of the stone age -kyuss - pendulum - chemical brothers or something like that for the racing :)
 
Amy Whinehouse, Pet shop boys, Evanescense, some BGMs from Anime shows.
 
Dave Matthews Band- Live at Red Rocks- Disc one for menu bgm
Dave Matthews Band- Live at Red Rocks- Disc two for race bgm

I like rocking out to DMB's version of "All Along the Watchtower" while I'm racing.
 
I have a mix of old school r+b and alot of rock music. My menu theme is a bunch of music from the old Need for Speeds.
 
All the default tracks and I manually added some of the tracks on the playlist which isn't activated to begin with such as the GT5 Prologue soundtrack and slideshow music.
 
I've got The Presets and The Killers, have had them there for a while and havent got round to changing it to something else.
 
Some sublime system of a down and some old rock mixed in
 
Back