What new gr3 and gr4 cars should they add

Porsche already has a real GT4 car, why make a fake one? Same with AMG, Audi, Ford, etc.
The idea would simply be PD taking advantage of existing assets, to make a fictional Gr.4 car, to make the class somewhat fresh, without spending any extra resources. There aren't that many real GT4 cars anyway, as most brands don't take part in it, and those who do, have one model and that's it.

The idea would simply be PD taking advantage of existing assets, to make a fictional Gr.4 car, to make the class somewhat fresh, without spending any extra resources. There aren't that many real GT4 cars anyway, as most brands don't take part in it, and those who do, have one model and that's it.
While I agree with you that there's a deficit of GT4 cars to use compared to GT3, to me that makes it even more important to bring in what few real ones are out there instead of loading up the class with fictional models.

More generally, where are the modeling resources going as-is? Looking at the master GT7 list, so many of the cars are ported over from GT Sport. I'm not sure if there's any new GT3 or GT4 cars coming to GT7 at launch, especially current-gen models. So if anything to me, they need to be spending much more resources on the racing classes to modernize them and keep them to at least some standard of realism, not less. As was said on the previous page, quite a few of the race cars (esp. GT3) were already becoming outdated when GT Sport launched, and at this point the roster is severely stuck in the past. These classes need urgent attention by PD and I'm shocked that we haven't seen updates so far.

Last edited:
Gr.4 supra is the latest model, but I haven't seen pics of the interior yet. Mustang is getting updated in the real world next year. Doubt we'd get the current facelift at all. Hope they're on the cards for both GT3 and GT4. I'd wait for those.

While I agree with you that there's a deficit of GT4 cars to use compared to GT3, to me that makes it even more important to bring in what few real ones are out there instead of loading up the class with fictional models.

More generally, where are the modeling resources going as-is? Looking at the master GT7 list, so many of the cars are ported over from GT Sport. I'm not sure if there's any new GT3 or GT4 cars coming to GT7 at launch, especially current-gen models. So if anything to me, they need to be spending much more resources on the racing classes to modernize them and keep them to at least some standard of realism, not less. As was said on the previous page, quite a few of the race cars (esp. GT3) were already becoming outdated when GT Sport launched, and at this point the roster is severely stuck in the past. These classes need urgent attention by PD and I'm shocked that we haven't seen updates so far.
That's why I suggested some real GT4 cars in a previous post, atleast the more unique ones, like the Ginetta, Alpine, KTM, Panoz... Adding an M4 GT4 when the Gr.4 version is already in the game, or the Mustang, is kinda pointless, as both the real GT4 and fictional Gr.4 car have the same purpose and based on pretty much the same car. I'd rather see variety.

GT7 will have the Ford GT and R8 LMS Evo as new GT3 Cars. Don't remember if there is anything else, atleast so far. The problem with racing classes is that there are too many, and cars get updated super fast. When they release a game in one year, the year after the roster for that class will be outdated anyway for most cases. To be able to keep up, they would need to focus on those classes, which would hurt the rest of the car list. This is why they need to be selective with which cars they do prioritize.
The modeling resources on GT7 went to variety and tuning options. With only 80 something new cars for GT7 compared to GTS, it wasn't expected that they would update the entirity of the racing classes.

That's why I suggested some real GT4 cars in a previous post, atleast the more unique ones, like the Ginetta, Alpine, KTM, Panoz... Adding an M4 GT4 when the Gr.4 version is already in the game, or the Mustang, is kinda pointless, as both the real GT4 and fictional Gr.4 car have the same purpose and based on pretty much the same car. I'd rather see variety.

GT7 will have the Ford GT and R8 LMS Evo as new GT3 Cars. Don't remember if there is anything else, atleast so far. The problem with racing classes is that there are too many, and cars get updated super fast. When they release a game in one year, the year after the roster for that class will be outdated anyway for most cases. To be able to keep up, they would need to focus on those classes, which would hurt the rest of the car list. This is why they need to be selective with which cars they do prioritize.
The modeling resources on GT7 went to variety and tuning options. With only 80 something new cars for GT7 compared to GTS, it wasn't expected that they would update the entirity of the racing classes.
Problem is, PD have not updated any Gr3 or Gr4 cars since release, in so far as GTS. Adding the Ford GTE is awesome, but years too late. Aston, Mercedes, Ferrari, and Mclaren have cars that are years old now! Gr4 have a similar situation. Not to mention the actual TCR class.

Problem is, PD have not updated any Gr3 or Gr4 cars since release, in so far as GTS.
Although not exactly up-to-date, they have added the following the cars to the Gr.3 and Gr.4 class (GR Supra RC, Ford GT LM Spec II, and RX-Vision excluded):

In Gr.3:
  • Lexus RC F GT3 (Emil Frey Racing) '17 (1.15)
  • BMW M3 GT (BMW Motorsport) '11 (1.28, returning car)
  • McLaren F1 GTR - BMW (Kokusai Kaihatsu UK Racing) '95 (1.34, returning car)
  • Aston Martin DBR9 GT1 '10 (1.56)
In Gr.4:
  • Renault Sport Mégane Trophy '11 (1.19, returning car)
  • Toyota GR Supra (Nürburgring '19 Livery) (1.50, survey only)
It does kinda worrying though how there's only six cars (nine if you included the cars I exclude) being added to GTS' "main event" classes.

Last edited:
Although not exactly up-to-date, they have added the following the cars to the Gr.3 and Gr.4 class (GR Supra RC, Ford GT LM Spec II, and RX-Vision excluded):

In Gr.3:
  • Lexus RC F GT3 (Emil Frey Racing) '17 (1.15)
  • BMW M3 GT (BMW Motorsport) '11 (1.28, returning car)
  • McLaren F1 GTR - BMW (Kokusai Kaihatsu UK Racing) '95 (1.34, returning car)
  • Aston Martin DBR9 GT1 '10 (1.56)
In Gr.4:
  • Renault Sport Mégane Trophy '11 (1.19, returning car)
  • Toyota GR Supra (Nürburgring '19 Livery) (1.50, survey only)
It does kinda worrying though how there's only six cars (nine if you included the cars I exclude) being added to GTS' "main event" classes.
I didn't get GTS at launch. I didn't have broadband internet at that time. It was online only I think. But given your post, the only real cars added were the RC-F and the "GT4" Supra, which doesn't even have a racecar interior! LoL. The others are older spec. Just remodel/skin the old cars. My point is, this is a NEW game, one of Sony's greatest titles, if not the #1. Put some new flash in it.

Last edited:
Let’s say PD add Bentley, they don’t race any longer. Updated GT-R wouldn’t matter either, as old models still race. Even though Nissan still support customers.

Would be nice to have the 370 GT4, but those are also seen in Super Taikyu as old models. That’s why I’d rather PD change the class to Super Endurance. Gr.4 is nothing like GT4, which they say it’s based. It mimics Super Taikyu: ST-1(3.5L+), GT-Z(GT4), ST-2(2L-3.5L AWD and a FWD cars), ST-3(2L-3.5L RWD), ST-4(1.5L-2L). The Megane Trophy, would be closer to the X-Bow GTX, that race in the ST-1 class, just below ST-X(GT3). Also, something like Gr.4 RC F.

Mainly the reason why I’m looking forward to the G70 Gr.4. It fits S-Tai beautifully.

Not sure if someone has mentioned it already, but it seems like the early 90's DTM cars like the Alfa Romeo 155 TI will be in Gr.4, while the late 90's JGTC GT500 cars will be in Gr.3.

I'm also hoping they add at least a couple more late 00's/early 10's GT1 cars into Gr.3, like the Maserati MC12 and the Saleen S7-R.

EDIT: Not to mention that it seems that late-90s GT1 cars are confirmed for Gr.2, at least if we go by the Mercedes-Benz CLK-LM. So this would likely mean the McLaren F1 GTR '97 will also be going into Gr.2, as well as similar cars like the Nissan R390 GT1. But I still maintain my belief that the Toyota TS020 would go into Gr.1, as well as the Panoz Esperante GTR-1, especially since the latter eventually raced in a prototype class.

Last edited:
One thing I'd like them to do is to focus on real race cars a bit more, real GT1, GT3, GT4, GTE cars.

I'd also like them to release the road version of those racecars as well. I only like to buy the race cars that have a road counterpart in the game.

Not sure if someone has mentioned it already, but it seems like the early 90's DTM cars like the Alfa Romeo 155 TI will be in Gr.4, while the late 90's JGTC GT500 cars will be in Gr.3.

I'm also hoping they add at least a couple more late 00's/early 10's GT1 cars into Gr.3, like the Maserati MC12 and the Saleen S7-R.

EDIT: Not to mention that it seems that late-90s GT1 cars are confirmed for Gr.2, at least if we go by the Mercedes-Benz CLK-LM. So this would likely mean the McLaren F1 GTR '97 will also be going into Gr.2, as well as similar cars like the Nissan R390 GT1. But I still maintain my belief that the Toyota TS020 would go into Gr.1, as well as the Panoz Esperante GTR-1, especially since the latter eventually raced in a prototype class.
Going by real footage the Panoz performance seemed to be closer to the CLK-GTR and McLaren F1 GTR which means if they add it, it would go into Gr.2

For Gr.4 they should add:

C-Class DTM 1996
Opel Calibra DTM 1994
BMW M3 GTR Racecar
Autobacs MR-2
Autobacs ASL Garaiya GT300

Gr.3:
Dodge Viper GTS-R 1997-2000
Corvette C5-R
Ferrari F430 GT3
Lamborghini Gallardo GT3
Honda NSX GT2 1995
Audi TT LM from Gran Turismo 2
Lister Storm GT2

Gr.2:
Ferrari F50 GT
Nissan R390 GT1 97 or 98
Panoz GTR-1
Porsche 911 GT1-98
Murcielago R-GT
Saleen S7-R
Maserati MC12 GT1
Toyota GT-ONE Iirc it was classified as a GT1 car in 1998, I think the performance would be a mix of GR.2 and GR.1 and it might be slightly too OP for Gr.2 similar to the Alfa Romeo 155 in Gr.4 though idk enough about the performance to say.

Last edited:
Yes, GT7 already has the Porsche 991 RSR but where is the 991 (including 991.2) GT3 R? Where is the second generation of GT-R, Vantage and the Bentley continental GT3? Where is the 720S? Where is the 488? Where is the Huracán Evo and the AMG Evo? And in this year of 24h nurburgring we might also see the brand new BMW M4 GT3, could PD release it before the race?

Going by real footage the Panoz performance seemed to be closer to the CLK-GTR and McLaren F1 GTR which means if they add it, it would go into Gr.2

For Gr.4 they should add:

C-Class DTM 1996
Opel Calibra DTM 1994
BMW M3 GTR Racecar
Autobacs MR-2
Autobacs ASL Garaiya GT300

Gr.3:
Dodge Viper GTS-R 1997-2000
Corvette C5-R
Ferrari F430 GT3
Lamborghini Gallardo GT3
Honda NSX GT2 1995
Audi TT LM from Gran Turismo 2
Lister Storm GT2

Gr.2:
Ferrari F50 GT
Nissan R390 GT1 97 or 98
Panoz GTR-1
Porsche 911 GT1-98
Murcielago R-GT
Saleen S7-R
Maserati MC12 GT1
Toyota GT-ONE Iirc it was classified as a GT1 car in 1998, I think the performance would be a mix of GR.2 and GR.1 and it might be slightly too OP for Gr.2 similar to the Alfa Romeo 155 in Gr.4 though idk enough about the performance to say.

Yes, GT7 already has the Porsche 991 RSR but where is the 991 (including 991.2) GT3 R? Where is the second generation of GT-R, Vantage and the Bentley continental GT3? Where is the 720S? Where is the 488? Where is the Huracán Evo and the AMG Evo? And in this year of 24h nurburgring we might also see the brand new BMW M4 GT3, could PD release it before the race?
Bentley is a long shot. The M4GT3 just started racing last year, so not gonna happen too quickly. The rest are so overdue!

Just noticed this AI car, while doing the Human Comedy Deep Forest Mission Challenge. :rolleyes:

20970390664122755.jpg

…And PD couldn’t actually make one for the Gr.4 class?

Last edited:
Gr.3
(I won't add cars newer than July 2022, consider that a single car takes PD at least 9 months from start modeling to add into the game. So here is my list)

based on GT3:
Vantage AMR GT3
R8 LMS Evo II (shown as a purchasable aero parts [rear wing and diffuser] for R8 LMS Evo in GT Auto)
Huracan GT3 Evo
488 GT3, 488 GT3 Evo 2020
AMG GT3 Evo (Update 1.32)
NSX GT3 Evo, NSX GT3 Evo22
720S GT3
M4 GT3

based on GTE (GTLM):
M8 GTE
C8.R
911 RSR-19 (991.2)

based on GTA-GT300:
Lotus Evora GT300 MC
Toyota Prius GT300
Toyota 86 GT300 MC
Toyota Mark X GT300 MC
Toyota GR Supra GT300
Toyota GR86 GT300

based on JGTC-GT500:
Honda NSX GT500 '98 (#64 Mobil 1 Nakajima Racing)
Honda NSX GT500 '00 (#16 Castrol Mugen)
Nissan Skyline GT-R R33 GT500 '98 (#23 Pennzoil Nismo)
Toyota Supra GT500' 01 (#38 au Cerumo)

(You can notice that I don't choose the GT500 cars beyond 2001. That's because in 2002, Nissan changed the engine they use during mid-season upgrade. Toyota also use a new 5.2 litre V8 engine in the final round for Team LeMans, their Ace team. Honda added a intake on top of the roof during mid-season upgrade. So it's hard to decide the specific car if adding 2002 season cars to the game. For 2003, we saw the introduction of a comprehensive overhaul of the series' vehicle regulations. This significantly improve the performance of GT500 cars, so it's not likely they could still be seen as Gr.3 cars)

Last edited:
Back