What new gr3 and gr4 cars should they add

PD are unpredictable. Guessing how the classes might look, may as well try to think what PD would do.

Exactly what I was thinking in putting the Mercedes 190 Evo 2 in gr.4 for instance for a matter of horsepower.
And regarding how they introduced the McLaren F1 GT-R and the Aston Martin DBR9 gt1 in gr.3.

So it may not be in some peoples' wishes, but I'm closer to what PD could be doing.

And I hardly imagine a "decent" Gran Turismo without some of the best racecars in history such as the Porsche 935/78 or the 190 Evo 2.

I don’t get it, y’all were so big on not mixing disciplines and old/new cars, as well as keeping GT3’s/GTE’s in Gr.3 and GT4’s in Gr.4 (especially after the Megane Trophy situation.

Because I really want to crush some average players in their brand new 488 gte with the legendary Porsche 935/78 Moby Dick :lol:

Last edited:
Just posted this in the Motorsport thread. The Super Taikyu GB Mark X is my favorite race car of all time. It's won the 24H Fuji and is just a beast in its class versus 370Z and RC350s. Seeing a sedan race has all the memories of Super Touring, DTM and IMSA racing, when 4-door sedans were the choice. Add V8 Supercars to that list.

This is the new GB Crown making its debut. When we got the Crown, I made a livery for it straight away. Then, last year, word was the Crown would replace the discontinued Mark X. Really hope PD will add this car. Can't wait to see it racing.

They should add THIS!!!!
https://sportscar365.com/industry/bmw-m4-gt3-breaks-cover

92432edc-d417-4a98-9714-596f85d9bf30-orginal.jpg

I think they should definitely focus on updating the lineup to reflect real life GT3 and GT4 cars. Make sure all of them are included.

Only then should they work on including ficitonal cars.

The fact that we don't have the likes of the 720S GT3 or the 488 GT3 and we're stuck with the much older variants is a joke really considering how much they've pushed Gr.3 and Gr.4.

I know Assetto Corsa have just released the GT4 pack and their lineup is more updated so I don't know if they have a exclusive licence or not but still.

I think they should definitely focus on updating the lineup to reflect real life GT3 and GT4 cars. Make sure all of them are included.

Only then should they work on including ficitonal cars.

I think fictional cars are ideal for automakers that don't have equivalent racecars in real life, like we can see with Hyundai.

I also think we truly need to consider that there's more to these groups than just real-world GT4/GT3/LMP1 cars. These idiosyncratic combinations of cars is partially what defines GT, I think. So for example, given that the 1995 McLaren F1 GTR is in Gr.3, I could see many mid-90s GT1 cars going there, as well as a few 2000s GT1 cars like the Maserati MC12 GT1. We also already know that GTE also goes into Gr.3, so this means the likes of the newer Ford GT LM, Aston Martin Vantage GTE, and the BMW M8 GTE would go there.

Well, I felt like this is an article for me!
This is a repost from my article somewhere else in the GT7 Forum (https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/posts/13162990) but updated.
Dealt with all of the limbo cars, plus the addition of some new ones.
Haven't thought of Group 3 cars because I thought Group 4 cars were more fun (if less balanced). Should balancing be a problem, or for the sake of online racing variety, the series could further be split into 3 segments (Low End, Mid End, High End), although ideally all cars in the list should be balanced regardless of segment (since they are all Group 4 cars).
Changes that this spreadsheet can't explain:
Atenza Gr. 4: The engine in the Group 4 car sounds more like a SkyActiv G-2.5 instead of a SkyActiv D-2.2 used in the base car. While I have initially thought of using the SkyActiv D-2.2 like it does in the base model, I chose to stick with the G-2.5 because all race cars should share the same fuel. The car itself remains as-is from GTS.
Honda Civic Type R Gr. 4: Added after the spreadsheet was updated, done so because I wanted extra vehicles can fit in the category, and the Civic was a missed opportunity, adding variety to the FF drivetrain choices.
Nissan GT-R Gr. 4: This is an icon of GT; period. I simply couldn't resist.
Information for the other cars can be found in the post on the link.

And there is the spreadsheet:

As with some people I do support 'dream cars'; not only is it a GT tradition, but also this allows some manufacturers that doesn't have an eligible vehicle in real life to compete, and leads to interesting, fantasy matchups that can be described as one of the charms of GT.

To be honest, I want any Gr. 3 or Gr. 4 race cars to be implemented as the base car's Racing Modifications (real race car = keep it separate, fictional race car = use as RM). To make it easier for which class they're in, implement Quick Tune (obviously not the shallow way of tuning GTS has), where you can select a car class (Gr. 4/3/2/1), and lets you buy any part that makes your car competitive in that class at once.

I have no want of GR4 and GR3 cars that dont exist IRL. FWD cars dont race in GT4, they have TCR. Would love a proper rendering of the GT4 Supra.

GR.3
Acura TLX-GT 2015
Alpina B6 GT3 Evo 2011
Ascari KZ1-R GT3 2007
Aston Martin Vantage AMR GT3 2019
Audi R8 LMS 2009
Audi R8 LMS Ultra 2012
Audi R8 LMS Evo 2019
Bentley Continental GT3 2014
M-Sport Bentley
Bentley Continental GT3 2018
BMW M4 GT3 2021
Cadilac ATS-V.R GT3 2015
Rather Engineering
Chevrolet Camaro GT3 2014
Chevron GR8 GT3 2012
Dodge Viper Competition Coupe GT3 2006
Ferrari 488 GT3 Evo 2020
Ford Mustang FR500GT3 2007
Lambda Performance
Ford GT GT3 2013
Gilet Vertigo GT3 2006
Ginetta G55 GT3 2013
Honda NSX GT3 Evo 2019
Emil Frey Racing
Jaguar XK Emil Frey G3 2016
Rather Engineering
Lamborghini Gallardo LP560 GT3 2013
Lamborghini Huracan GT3 Evo 2019
Gazoo Racing
Lexus LFA Code X 2015
Maserati Gransport Trofeo Light 2006
Maserati Gran Turismo GT3 2012
McLaren MP4-12C GT3 2013
McLaren 720S GT3 2019
Mercedes-AMG GT3 Evo 2020
Morgan Aero 8 GT3 2009
Mosler MT900 GT3 2006
Nissan GT-R Nismo GT3 2018
Porsche 911 GT3 R 2019
Radical RXC GT3 2016
Venturi Heritage GT3 2006

GR.4
Alpine A110 GT4 2018
Aston Martin Vantage AMR GT4 2019
Audi R8 LMS 2020
BMW M3 GT4 (E92) 2009
BMW M4 GT4 2018
Chevrolet Camaro GT4.R 2017
Ford Mustang GT4 2017
Ginetta G55 GT4 2016
Invictus Games Racing
Jaguar F-Type SVR GT4 2018
Reither Engineeiring
KTM X-Bow GT4 2016
Maserati Gran Turismo MC GT4 2013
Jota Sport
Mazda MX-5 GT4 (NC) 2012
McLaren 570S Coupe GT4 2016
Mercedes-AMG GT4 2018
RJN Motorsport
Nissan 370Z GT4 2018
Panoz Avezzano GT4 2018
Porsche Cayman GT4 Clubsport 2019
Sin R1 GT4 2015
Toyota SF-R Racing Concept 2016
Toyota GR Supra GT4 2020

Can someone explain the reason of keeping the 'Gr.1-4' class system if Performance Points are coming back to GT7? Not mentioning how incredibly flawed it is in GT Sport and downright useless it can be, It seems like it would be less complicated to have event regulations combine PP with set basic vehicle categories like GT5 Lobbies had:

(example)

'NASCAR'
'Prototype'
'Open Wheel'
'Hothatch'
'GT Racing'
'Sport'
'Super'
ect..

At this point, it seems like the Gr. class system will only exist so Sport mode can have realistic grids of cars....

Last edited:
Can someone explain the reason of keeping the 'Gr.1-4' class system if Performance Points are coming back to GT7? Not mentioning how incredibly flawed it is in GT Sport and downright useless it can be, It seems like it would be less complicated to have event regulations combine PP with set basic vehicle categories like GT5 Lobbies had:

(example)

'NASCAR'
'Prototype'
'Open Wheel'
'Hothatch'
'GT Racing'
'Sport'
'Super'
ect..

At this point, it seems like the Gr. class system will only exist so Sport mode can have realistic grids of cars....
I think the current Gr. system should stay, but it would be greatly appreciated if we were often limited to a certain sub-set of cars within a class, and only seldom permitted to use any car within a featured class. For example, there were those daily races in GTS where you could only use the Group C cars within Gr.1. Otherwise, I think it's fine, and if anything, I think there's potential to add tons of more racers to all four classes - both real-world, and made-for-game, with the latter seeming like an especially good idea if licensing becomes a considerable issue. So for example, I recall hearing about DTM cars being hard to license, so I could see made-for-game Gr.2 cars being in the next game, especially ones based on models that weren't actually used in DTM/Super GT500.

I also think the PP system is returning because more typical tuning is returning, as well, and I think this'll be especially nice for addressing the issue of multiple cars in the same N-Class where one or two are clearly better due to their aerodynamics or something, such as how the Toyota S-FR Racing Concept dominated in N400. (That car could also really use a cockpit view - why not ask CALTY to draw one up?)

As for open-wheel racers, I think we'll only see one F1 car in a game at a time - maybe two if we're lucky - due to licensing. And at the same time, I think most open-wheelers are too different from each other to be in a single group, and not Gr.X. (The two SF19 cars notwithstanding, as I think they're ironically too similar to be worth creating a group for, wherein BoP would be potentially applied.) I cannot imagine a W08 going head-to-head with literally any other licensed F1 car that's appeared in the series, like the Ferrari F10 and 2007, or the Lotus 98T. More than one series of open-wheeler would be nice, however, like we can already see with the SF19 appearing alongside the aforementioned W08, so to build on that, I'd love to see F3 (perhaps Fraga's machine) and perhaps a modern Indycar, as the latter is already getting a Pebble Beach winner from the 1960s.

Finally, I had a very good idea where, in addition to the PP system and the Gr. system, there could be rulesets that are assigned for an event based on an event from the campaign. This would create a better relationship between the campaign and online play, as well as offer interesting rulesets and incentivize players to try as wide of a variety of cars as possible. The campaign would ideally include a ton of events from prior GT games, but also new ones, like a "Group C Championship," as well as revised versions of older events like the Sport Truck Race. (For that latter one, I'd not only hope that GT7 includes the Ford F-150 SVT Raptor and Toyota Tundra TRD Pro from GT Sport, but also introduces the Dodge RAM Rebel and the Chevrolet Colorado ZR2, as that hypothetical quartet would be perfect for a new version of the Sport Truck Race.)

Last edited:
Having a look at the 2021 GT3 European Series car list https://www.gt-world-challenge-europe.com/cars, Only nine manufacturers are represented.
Aston Martin
Audi
Bentley
BMW
Ferrari
Lamborghini
McLaren
Mercedes-AMG
Porsche

In addition to the list above, there is also a 2020 Nissan GT-R GT3 EVO. It's only some switches and extra bits that have been improved. Does not currently race in any other series than Super GT and Super Taikyu. The older car does run in the Australian GT series.

Alpine A110 GT4

Street version already exists, so...
I think Alpine will get both a Gr.3 and Gr.4 car in the future, and also replace Renault Sport's spot in the Manufacturers Series, seeing how in the real world, Renault Sport has indeed decided to re-brand as Alpine. I'm hoping Renault Sport stays in the game overall, though, as well as the cars you could use in the Manufacturers Series, like the R.S.01 GT3. It just won't be an automaker you can sign with anymore for the Manufacturers Series. I could see other automakers replacing others, too, like how I heard Dodge unfortunately may be in trouble. But like Renault Sport, I hope this doesn't lead to any actual cars/brands being removed, but instead, only impacts who you can potentially sign with in a future iteration of the Manufacturers Series.

Last edited:
I think Alpine will get both a Gr.3 and Gr.4 car in the future, and also replace Renault Sport's spot in the Manufacturers Series, seeing how in the real world, Renault Sport has indeed decided to re-brand as Alpine. I'm hoping Renault Sport stays in the game overall, though, as well as the cars you could use in the Manufacturers Series, like the R.S.01 GT3. It just won't be an automaker you can sign with anymore for the Manufacturers Series. I could see other automakers replacing others, too, like how I heard Dodge unfortunately may be in trouble. But like Renault Sport, I hope this doesn't lead to any actual cars/brands being removed, but instead, only impacts who you can potentially sign with in a future iteration of the Manufacturers Series.
I think its only the motorsport division... don't think there will be an Alpine Megane instead of Megane R.S. but who knows, with the electrification there might not even be a Megane R.S. in future anymore.

PD are just going to pick and choose. We had the C6 race cars in GT6, but we only got the C7 versions in GT7. Yet, BMW get a choice of four cars and AMG get two.

The BMWs and AMGs are different enough to maybe warrant alternate versions, but those cars are older than the C6s. Also, the McLarens, VWs and Lexus, really don't need alt versions(well, the LFA Nurb24 would have been cool ;) ).

Anyway, I don't think all the GT3 & GT4 cars are licenced exclusively. ACC has the licence to run the virtual series. PD would do best to have one car from each manufacturer.

Can you give me the full carlist of GT7 please?

Anyway, I don't think all the GT3 & GT4 cars are licenced exclusively. ACC has the licence to run the virtual series. PD would do best to have one car from each manufacturer.
Indeed, and I definitely welcome the made-for-game racecars, especially those in Gr.3 and Gr.B like the Alfa Romeo 4C Gr.3. Not only does this mean that PD can circumvent licensing troubles, but I also think it helps build a unique identity for Gran Turismo, much like the inclusion of the VGT cars. This is opposed to most other racing games, which usually pick a bunch of modern models plus some classics, and call it a day.

In fact, considering the likely issues with licensing DTM cars, I'd be hyped to see made-for-game Gr.2 cars, especially if they're based on models that don't even race in DTM. For example, instead of the BMW M4, they could use the BMW M8 (F92) or the BMW Z4 (G29) as a base instead. I think this way would be the most likely way to expand Gr.2, as I think six cars between three automakers is far too small as it is. I mean, sure, they could add both the Super GT version of the Toyota Supra A80 and the newer A90, but that still doesn't add much, and I really think Gr.2 would benefit from a much larger variety of automaker representation.

On another note, I really want to see more options for Hyundai, since the Genesis Coupe is a bit old at the moment. I could see the Veloster TCR being a good Gr.4 car, or perhaps even just a made-for-game Veloster Gr.4 if PD can't license TCR vehicles.

EDIT: Not to mention that as it stands in real life, DTM is basically a GT3-spec league these days. I get that it's likely cheaper, but it's still a shame.

Last edited:
I had a look through my GTS garage, of the original 168 cars on that game's debut. It's fantastic that PD made a race car for each brand. Put aside the BOP for those original cars(we all know it's a problem, needs addressing).
For sure. All variants of the 4C, Vantage, C7, Citroën, Viper, Mustang, NSX, Genesis, F-TYPE, RC F, Atenza, AMGs, Evo, GT-R, RCZ, WRX. I'll add, the additional Supra variants, that run from road car to GR.4 and GR.3. It definitely gives players a chance to enjoy and appreciate the car list.

I again looked at the years of the car list. Majority of all cars fall in 2015(27), 2014(20) and 2016(17). Oldest is the 1987 Audi A1. Only 2009 model year cars, are the 458 and MiTo. The Evora is an '09 model, which was scratched.

I'd say our chances of seeing updated cars are good. Most likely from 2019 and 2020. Not many 2021 and 2022 race cars. Unless, PD create their own again. There's no new shape M4 GT4. PD could create one. Same with no new shape Mustang GT4.
Audi TT doesn't race any longer. Might see the Audi RS3 get utilised, the way the aforementioned Atenza, Evo and WRX sedans have been created. Alfa Giulia could replace the 4C or be an addition from road car through GR.3.
As for Hyundai, there are a few options in that Veloster and i30. Either car can be made to fit in GR.3 & GR.4.

I agree, it's going to be interesting and probably amazing what PD will cook up for GT7.

What i lack in this list, or did i overlook, are 80's and 90's gr3 and 4 cars.

bmw e30
bmw 1
mercedes 190, sl
a70 supra
mitsu 3000 gt
volvo 850
renault laguna look at BTCC from that era
opel vectra

that would get my a lil hyped.

Back