What new gr3 and gr4 cars should they add

With the Peugeot RCZ having been discontinued a long time ago, perhaps it would be a good opportunity for Polyphony to license the 308 TCR (or a potential TCR version of the new-generation model) for Gr.4:

For Gr.3, we could see a racing version of the larger 508 PSE, which would complement the Atenza nicely with aggressive aero and a rear-wheel drive conversion.

peugeot-508-pse-2020.jpg

With as many TCR suggestions in that forum, PD would have to give us a few real ones. Not a huge hit in Japan, but TCRs do participate in a couple JDM series.

I must admit I never would've seen the Genesis Gr.3 and Gr.4 cars coming, but I'm very glad to see more automakers potentially joining the Manufacturers Series. I'm hoping KTM will be there in GT7, too, whether it's through the real-world X-Bow GT4 and GTX, or some original creations made for GT.

I saw them coming.;):sly::lol::D
There's no updated Genesis Coupe, but the G80 would probably have to replace both Gr.3/4.

Which makes it a bit of a problem for C7, Viper, both Meganes, Scirocco, RCZ, 458. Those models being discontinued and/or old designs.

The Lexus RC(350) have been updated in Super Taikyu:

Old
View attachment 960807

New
View attachment 960808

PD could update the GR.4 RC F. The current GT3 car still has the old front fascia.

GR.4 Supra can be updated to the official GT4 car. Extra cooling vents have been added to the nose, since it's 2019 debut at the Nurb24. The official GT4 debuted with just the new vented bonnet. GT4 customer cars were sold with the new nose as well.

Vantage, McLaren and AMG are all new models.

Whatever new cars there are in the GT category. Cars like the 458 were outdated by the time GT Sport was even released

To me they don't need representation from every manufacturer. They could run a Teams championship so that players are locked into different cars from different manufacturers across Group 3 and Group 4. It looks better than shoehorning cars into a category they look completely out of place in.

For instance

Team 1 - Fiat Tipo TCR Group 4, Ferrari F8 Group 3
Team 2 - Volkswagen Golf TCR Group 4, Audi R8 Group 3

And so on

Last edited:
How about that Alfa as a Gr.4 option? If PD are bringing back race cars from past games, I guess we’ll see all current FIA Manu/brands with more than one Gr.3 & Gr.4 choice.

From the GT Sport car list(excluding Alfa Romeo): Aston Martin, Audi, Chevrolet, Citroen, Dodge, Ferrari, Honda, Hyundai, Jaguar, Lamborghini, Mistsubishi, Nissan, Porsche and Subaru only have one current choice for either Group.

How about that Alfa as a Gr.4 option? If PD are bringing back race cars from past games, I guess we’ll see all current FIA Manu/brands with more than one Gr.3 & Gr.4 choice.

From the GT Sport car list(excluding Alfa Romeo): Aston Martin, Audi, Chevrolet, Citroen, Dodge, Ferrari, Honda, Hyundai, Jaguar, Lamborghini, Mistsubishi, Nissan, Porsche and Subaru only have one current choice for either Group.
Subaru could have the return of the BRZ GT300, and as I likely have mentioned before, I hope Hyundai gets a new set of Gr.4/Gr.3 cars, possibly based on the Veloster N. Audi will likely have a second Gr.3 car by way of the LMS Evo II that was initially revealed in the Brembo trailer - though I'd hope the LMS Ultra based on the first-gen R8 (with the yellow and blue Bilstein livery) would return from GT6, too. Meanwhile, some of these automakers like Mitsubishi and Citroen are ones that I'm very unsure about, as I have no idea how to add new machines to their Gr.3/Gr.4 roster. (Indeed, what's Citroen or Mitsubishi ever done for racing or sports cars lately? Although I'd keep an eye on the fact that the latter is bringing back the RalliArt label...)

That said, I'd love to see more automakers join the Manufacturers Series, with Genesis being a likely newcomer. I'd also like more groups to be part of that series, beyond just Gr.3 and Gr.4. Gr.1 seems like the obvious choice, as I think plenty of automakers without a Gr.1 car could easily get one between the VGT program, as well as the real-world LMDh/LMH programs. That's before we get into stuff like older Group C cars, or even un-raced prototypes like the Alfa Romeo SE 048SP.

EDIT: My hot take would be to have the Manufacturers Series have not only more automakers get added, but also have Gr.1 events as well, even if it means removing some automakers. That said, I'd ideally have those removed automakers get replaced with newcomers like Genesis, as they have cars that'd likely fit into all three groups. Eventually, I'd like to see Gr.2 potentially get added, too, especially with made-for-game cars if DTM still doesn't wanna play ball. Maybe even the N-Series could get involved? Meanwhile, the Nations Cup could be a driver's championship, consisting of one-makes of various sorts - especially cars in Gr.X, like the Red Bull X2014 Jr. or the Mercedes-AMG W08.

EDIT2: I've had an idea where the Manufactures Series could get split into various sub-series consisting of multiple classes and groups, but I feel like this would make it too complicated, so I think that ideally, it should stay as a singular series, but I still would love to see Gr.1 as part of it, and maybe even the N-Series as well. Or maybe the idea of a Gr.1/N-Series championship could be a separate championship altogether. Look, I'm just tired of the fact that whenever there's an entire class available, everyone just goes for the meta picks, when I think a more limited selection would be better, like those Daily Races in GTS that only let you pick the Group C cars within Gr.1. Maybe more events like that could appear in both GT7's successor to the Daily Races and in the Nations Cup?

Last edited:
Meanwhile, some of these automakers like Mitsubishi and Citroen are ones that I'm very unsure about, as I have no idea how to add new machines to their Gr.3/Gr.4 roster. (Indeed, what's Citroen or Mitsubishi ever done for racing or sports cars lately? Although I'd keep an eye on the fact that the latter is bringing back the RalliArt label...)
In case of Mitsubishi, given the precedent of the Ford GT LM Spec II Test Car, I could see them remaking the FTO LM/STC or the GTO LM.

Subaru could have the return of the BRZ GT300, and as I likely have mentioned before, I hope Hyundai gets a new set of Gr.4/Gr.3 cars, possibly based on the Veloster N. Audi will likely have a second Gr.3 car by way of the LMS Evo II that was initially revealed in the Brembo trailer - though I'd hope the LMS Ultra based on the first-gen R8 (with the yellow and blue Bilstein livery) would return from GT6, too. Meanwhile, some of these automakers like Mitsubishi and Citroen are ones that I'm very unsure about, as I have no idea how to add new machines to their Gr.3/Gr.4 roster. (Indeed, what's Citroen or Mitsubishi ever done for racing or sports cars lately? Although I'd keep an eye on the fact that the latter is bringing back the RalliArt label...)

That said, I'd love to see more automakers join the Manufacturers Series, with Genesis being a likely newcomer. I'd also like more groups to be part of that series, beyond just Gr.3 and Gr.4. Gr.1 seems like the obvious choice, as I think plenty of automakers without a Gr.1 car could easily get one between the VGT program, as well as the real-world LMDh/LMH programs. That's before we get into stuff like older Group C cars, or even un-raced prototypes like the Alfa Romeo SE 048SP.

EDIT: My hot take would be to have the Manufacturers Series have not only more automakers get added, but also have Gr.1 events as well, even if it means removing some automakers. That said, I'd ideally have those removed automakers get replaced with newcomers like Genesis, as they have cars that'd likely fit into all three groups. Eventually, I'd like to see Gr.2 potentially get added, too, especially with made-for-game cars if DTM still doesn't wanna play ball. Maybe even the N-Series could get involved? Meanwhile, the Nations Cup could be a driver's championship, consisting of one-makes of various sorts - especially cars in Gr.X, like the Red Bull X2014 Jr. or the Mercedes-AMG W08.

EDIT2: I've had an idea where the Manufactures Series could get split into various sub-series consisting of multiple classes and groups, but I feel like this would make it too complicated, so I think that ideally, it should stay as a singular series, but I still would love to see Gr.1 as part of it, and maybe even the N-Series as well. Or maybe the idea of a Gr.1/N-Series championship could be a separate championship altogether. Look, I'm just tired of the fact that whenever there's an entire class available, everyone just goes for the meta picks, when I think a more limited selection would be better, like those Daily Races in GTS that only let you pick the Group C cars within Gr.1. Maybe more events like that could appear in both GT7's successor to the Daily Races and in the Nations Cup?
They've dug a hole in GT Sport that they carried over(possibly, probably) to GT7. Wanting to include every brand is kind. It's nice for a game, but PD need to sort it out.

Just had a look at GT Sport car list. The GT3 Vantage is 2012, but the Bilstein Vantage in the trailer is 2013. Hope PD did more than that and actually modelled the new shape Vantage GT3.

Given the updated naming of most race cars in GT7, presumably owing to the use of the livery editor and potential extra default liveries for these cars, here are some that I want:

New manufacturers for the FIA GTC Manufacturers' Series:
Alpine
Bentley
Bugatti
Koenigsegg
KTM
Maserati
Mercedes-AMG (they're now separate from Mercedes Benz)
Saleen

Chevrolet Corvette C5.R '04
Chevrolet Corvette C6.R '06
Ferrari 550 Maranello GTS '03
Ferrari 575 Maranello GTC '04
Ford GT GT1 '10
Koenigsegg CCGT '08
Lamborghini Murcielago R-GT '05
Lamborghini Murcielago R-SV GT1 '10
Maserati MC12 GT1 '05
Nissan GT-R GT1 '10
Saleen S7R '02

Alpine A110 Gr. 3
Aston Martin DBRS9 GT3 '10
Audi R8 LMS '09
Audi R8 LMS ultra '12
Bentley Continental GT '14
Bentley Continental GT '18
BMW Alpina B6 GT3 '10
BMW M4 GT3 '20
Bugatti Veyron Gr. 3
Chevrolet Corvette Z06.R GT3 (C6) '10
Ferrari 488 GT3 '16
Ferrari 488 GT3 EVO '20
Ford GT GT3 '10
Honda NSX GT3 EVO '18
Jaguar XK GT3 '14
KTM X-Bow GT-X '20
Lamborghini Gallardo LP 560 GT3 '10
Lamborghini Huracan GT3 EVO '20
McLaren 720S GT3 '18
McLaren MP4-12C GT3 '11
Mercedes-AMG GT3 EVO '19
Nissan GT-R NISMO GT3 '15
Nissan GT-R NISMO GT3 '18
Porsche 911 GT3 R (991) '16
Porsche 911 GT3 R (991) '19
Porsche 911 GT3 R (997) '10

Honda NSX GT500 '00
Honda NSX GT500 '01
Nissan GT-R GT500 '00
Nissan GT-R GT500 '01
Toyota Supra GT500 '00
Toyota Supra GT500 '01

Aston Martin Vantage GTE '14
Aston Martin Vantage GTE '16
Aston Martin Vantage GTE '18
BMW M6 GTLM '17
BMW M8 GTE '18
BMW Z4 GTE '14
Chevrolet Corvette C7.R '14
Chevrolet Corvette C8.R '20
Dodge Viper GTS-R Race Car '14
Ferrari 458 Italia GTE '14
Ferrari 488 GTE '16
Ferrari 488 GTE EVO '20
Porsche 911 RSR (991) '14
Porsche 911 RSR-19 (991) '19

Alpine A110 GT4 '18
Audi R8 LMS GT4 '18
Bentley Continental Gr. 4
BMW M3 GT4 '12
BMW M4 GT4 '17
Chevrolet Camaro GT4.R '17
Ford Mustang GT4 '16
Koenigsegg Agera Gr. 4
KTM X-Bow GT4 '18
Lexus IS F CCS-R '11
Maserati GranTurismo MC GT4 '10
McLaren 570S GT4 '16
Mercedes-AMG GT4 '18
Nissan 370Z GT4 '12
Porsche 718 Cayman GT4 Clubsport '19
Saleen S1 GT4 '20

I think they should have given us atleast a couple more classes to play with (surely one for Group C cars). Just throwing everything in the current classes is just lazy.

Then they should add DTM cars as part of Gr.2. It could be the 2018 season, plus the Aston from 2019. This would make Gr.2 far more interesting.

In Gr.3, they should prioritize new brands (like Bentley) to be included in the game and then to get their respective Gr.3/GT3 car. Then, update the roster for some brands. Not every brand needs it, as not every brand has a 10 year old car in that class, as the only Gr.3 option.

Real cars for Gr.3, kinda ordered by priority:
-Bentley Continental GT3 (2018 preferably)
-Cadillac ATS-V.R GT3 (whenever Cadillac makes a comeback to GT)
-Maserati GranTurismo MC GT3
-Ferrari 488 GT3 or GTE (pick one, Evo or not)
-Radical RXC Turbo GT3
-KTM X-Bow GTX
-SCG-003C GT3
-Arrinera Hussarya GT3
-Aston Martin Vantage 2019
-Chevrolet Corvette C8.R
-McLaren 720S GT3
-BMW M8 GTE or M4 GT3
-Porsche 911 GT3-R 2019

Then add some GT1 cars, mainly the Saleen, Murcielago, MC12, CCGT, maybe even the Cerbera Speed 12. These are the most unique in this class, and likely the only race cars brands like Saleen and Koenigsegg would have.

Then just bring some GT300 cars, one season, whatever it may be.

Fictional Gr.3 cars, both new cars, and race cars from previous games. While the first one has limitless options, so no point trying to give examples, the second is a lot easier:
-Chevrolet Camaro LM Race Car '01
-Corvette C6 LM Race Car (RM in GT5, Premium)
-Honda S2000 LM Race Car
-Honda NSX LM Race Car
-Jaguar XJ220 LM Race Car
-Mazda RX-8 LM Race Car
-Mazda RX-7 Touring Car (Premium in GT6)
-Mitsubishi FTO Super Touring Car
-Nissan 350Z LM Race Car
-Skyline R32, R33 and R34 Touring Cars (Premium in GT6)
-Acura NSX LM Race Car '91 (Premium in GT6)
-Pagani Zonda LM Race Car
-Toyota Altezza Touring Car
Some of these should be slightly updated, with more modern aero parts. Of course we wouldn't get all, but some would be great and add some variety.

Then some outside the box options, like the STCC/TTA cars, which would give brands like Volvo, Dacia, Saab, Citroen something new to compete (I specially like the Volvo S60 TTA). The Lister Storm GT would be cool as well.

As for Gr.4, real cars:
-KTM X-Bow GT4
-Ginetta G55 GT4
-Alpine A110 GT4
-Panoz Avezzano GT4
-McLaren 570S GT4
-Maserati GranTurismo MC GT4
-Chevrolet Camaro GT4.R
And probably a few more, but mainly for brands that have none yet.

As for fictional Gr.4 cars, I would repeat what they did for GTS. Reuse the interior of the Gr.3/GT3 cars, to make a Gr.4 version. For example, we have the 911 RSR, so grab the GT3 RS road car (already modeled), and replace it's interior with the interior from the RSR, and there you go, just get some racing brakes, some GT Auto aero parts added, and we have a new Gr.4 car. Apply this to other similar cars (AMG GT, Audi R8, both Ford GTs), and we have a new set of Gr.4 cars.

Im gonna go some old GT2 and GT3 cars

Ferrari 360 GTC
Ferrari 430 Scuderia GT3
Ferrari F430 GT2
Ferrari 458 GT2
Porsche 911 GT3 RSR (996)
Porsche 911 GT3 RSR (997)
Porsche 911 GT3 Cup cars from 996, 997 and 991
Porsche 911 GT3 R (997 and 991)
Lamborghini Gallardo GT2
Lamborghini Gallardo GT3
Ascari Kz1 R GT3
Jaguar XKR GT2
Jaguar XKR GT3
BMW Alpina GT3
BMW Z4 GT3
BMW Z4 GTE
Dodge Viper Competition Coupe GT3
Ford GT GT3
Aston Martin DBRS9
Aston Martin V8 Vantage GT2
Lotus Exige GT3
Lotus Evora GTE
Spyker C8 GT2
Panoz Esperante GT2
Panoz Abruzzi GT2
SRT Viper GTS R
Chevrolet Corvette C6.R GT2

As for fictional Gr.4 cars, I would repeat what they did for GTS. Reuse the interior of the Gr.3/GT3 cars, to make a Gr.4 version. For example, we have the 911 RSR, so grab the GT3 RS road car (already modeled), and replace it's interior with the interior from the RSR, and there you go, just get some racing brakes, some GT Auto aero parts added, and we have a new Gr.4 car. Apply this to other similar cars (AMG GT, Audi R8, both Ford GTs), and we have a new set of Gr.4 cars.
Porsche already has a real GT4 car, why make a fake one? Same with AMG, Audi, Ford, etc.

The 911 GT3 R is the GT3 Porsche. RSR is GTE. Cayman GT4 Clubsport is GT4. Chevy uses the Camaro in GT4 now. So ditch the Corvette.

Back