• 163 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.

Northstar

The Original Party Worm
Premium
United States
Anoka, MN
After you vote please give your opinion on how many races in the series and how long they should be as well as any other ideas you have.

Also, It probably wouldn't start until late November/early December to allow people to get the needed car(s) as well as letting the first season of the hotlap challenge to wrap up.

Well since you are starting this up, I don't see the point of starting a 2nd season of the TA Challenge. Best of Luck

Edit.

The TA Challenge will end as the final season to compete in. Hopefully the members competing with switch over to your race series since I will be as well.

JGTC all the WAY!

Hello Justin, the TA challenge is good (👍 niigaki), one event by period of 3 days, this give an intense rhythm.
Maybe you can propose two events by week :

* event 1 : monday-thursday
* event 2 : friday-sunday

This always give us the same two days to post our time and show our screenshot : thursday and sunday.

For a season, between 4 & 6 weeks seems to me good.

i think some sort of weekly thing would work the best for everyone...enough time to find the car, get used to the track, put the best time up, evaluate it, watch the replays and ghosts...something like

saturday:give out the cars and tracks.
ghosts and replays due in wednesday or thursday so the moderators can review them.

i like and f1 idea, but its really not fair because theres not much tuning options, and theres only 2 cars besides the polyphony digital car

i dont really know what JGTC means....?

what do you mean by tuning options? Almost every car as the same amount of tuning options for the exceptions so far that I have seen of the D1GP cars.

@ kaori, thanks. I do have to agree with Kaori though, the ta challenge is more fast pace. Would be nice to actually tone it down just a little and split the race series into 2 events. Would be cool to see if JGTC wins if we can follow their rules as close as possible. Considering that the NSX's, GTR's and the Supra's pretty much all have the same amount of horsepower or close too.

I voted for JGTC, but I'd be quite happy with DTM, Le Mans, or even an old school SCCA Trans-Am series. The idea of a Spec Series is also a good one, though that might be best for a short 3 race series... or you could group a bunch up into one bigger series (3 races with one car; 3 races with another vehicle; 3 races with yet a different auto; etc.).

I voted for F1. How will this work out? Will it be a time trial thing, or ad hoc party?

I voted for F1. How will this work out? Will it be a time trial thing, or ad hoc party?

I think it will be, and someone correct me if I'm wrong, a time-trial kind of event. At least I hope so as I don't have a PS3 and I never could get the Wifi-Max to work on my computer.

So for the winner of the JGTC rounds...how do you add additional weight to the winnter's car? The Quick Tune menu won't allow you to do that :P

Sorry I should have put a link in this thread as well. It will be ran like the ones currently running for GT4(link). Although there will be some changes as the races won't be nearly as long. Basically the first part of the week is qualifying followed by the race.

what do you mean by tuning options? Almost every car as the same amount of tuning options for the exceptions so far that I have seen of the D1GP cars.

some of the cars have some options fixed, like you can adjust them. theyre blacked out.

Basically the first part of the week is qualifying followed by the race.

I tried to search through a few threads in that link and I couldn't find anything pertaining to qualifying. Is it a matter of adding points to the final tally?

I'd take JGTC. But if this is ad-hoc party or whatever i couldn't because i dont know how to use that japanese thing.

Justin, would you mind if JGTC loses in the poll if I take over that and start up a JGTC League only?

Justin, would you mind if JGTC loses in the poll if I take over that and start up a JGTC League only?
Doesn't bother me any.

Detroitbb
I tried to search through a few threads in that link and I couldn't find anything pertaining to qualifying. Is it a matter of adding points to the final tally?

Pretty much, the top couple qualifiers basically get a bonus point or two.

I voted for all :D 12 races per season would be great! 2 per series :P as for spec series, I think those are the ones that should be included in the next TA season.

after looking at some of the JGTC cars i wish i could switch my vote haha.

question about some of the JGTC rules though...

would we be only able to pick one car and stick with it for the whole series? like if i wanted to race the motul pitwork Z but then switch to a toyota supra the next week would i be allowed to do that?

Once you choose a car you will have to stick with it, there will be a couple pre-season exhibition races so you can test some cars out.

Also, if JGTC wins I will do both the 300 and 500 classes. You can do just one or both.

Regardless of the winner though there will be 2 of the pre-season exhibition races to sort out any issues and let you test some cars. They will probably take place on Autumn Ring and Grand Valley.

would we be only able to pick one car and stick with it for the whole series? like if i wanted to race the motul pitwork Z but then switch to a toyota supra the next week would i be allowed to do that?

Good question. My initial thought was that it would only be one car per team (person), but it might be interesting to have each person/team select two cars for their team to use through the series.

EDIT: Justin pretty much answered that question!

yeah some sort of team racing woul dbe sweet....like 2 man groups racing, and you could win both individually or as a "company" i.e. john and dick race as team awesome...john wins first place in the individual challenge but team awesome wins overall points, so theres braggin rights for bothr acers.

then again that may be too complicated? idk

yeah some sort of team racing woul dbe sweet....like 2 man groups racing, and you could win both individually or as a "company" i.e. john and dick race as team awesome...john wins first place in the individual challenge but team awesome wins overall points, so theres braggin rights for bothr acers.

then again that may be too complicated? idk

I was thinking of this, it wouldn't be that complicated to do either.

if were racing with teammates. I call dibs on Glubags from the TA Challenge :)

would the teams be based ont he cars you drive, or could people make their own groups?

I would prefer that teammates drove the same car but it's not that big of a deal if they drive different cars.

thats another thing? how many people a team? i think 2-3 would be a nice number

It will probably be 2 per team, but if there are enough members I may allow for 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back